• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan BBQ - 2011 - Enlist here! Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

I approve of this! Hide Shiara and Luc and Lou in your luggage too!! You can leave Shane behind though :gando:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#62 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

I'll try to fit Shiara in my luggage but I doubt I'll have space for anyone else - If I'm going to England I'm going to have to buy heaps and heaps of boiled candies while I'm there and I'll need space in my luggage to pack them for the return trip :gando:

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#63 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

Nah bring Shane too, I approve of his perverted ways - he is the exact example of what I'd always assumed australian men to be like (only bigger and more violent), so it's nice to see stereotypes aren't always false.

#64 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:43 AM

Wait, you thought Australian men were little? Where did you get that idea?
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#65 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:59 AM

His assumption was that they'd be huge, unruly, uncouth and uncivlised, and Shane resembles that in every way except his wizened dwarfish stature. He's the Mini-Me to Toby's Aussie stereotype Dr. Evil, if you will.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#66 User is offline   Shiara 

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

Ah, see, I read his comment as "Sombra is larger and more violent than what I imagined the average Australian man to be like", because THAT IS THE WAY IT IS WRITTEN :gando:

#67 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:25 AM

Let's see what he posted:

he is the exact example of what I'd always assumed australian men to be like (only bigger and more violent)

Well, that does suggest what you assumed at the time, but you don't have my experience with Toby, and missed a trick. See, what he wrote originally was

he is the exact example of what I'd always assumed australian men to be like (only they are bigger and more violent than him because he is a sex dwarf)

but he incredibly managed to steal his own words before hitting 'Post'. Such a master scoundrel, our Toby.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#68 User is offline   Shiara 

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:07 AM

...sneaky bugger!

#69 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

If you do ever hear me speak you'll be amazed Shiara, I even steal most of my own consonants before they come out my gob.

Also, drunk.

#70 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

View Postcaladanbrood, on 31 March 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

I approve of this! Hide Shiara and Luc and Lou in your luggage too!! You can leave Shane behind though :wacko:

Only because you don't want me hogging all the ladies attention. Again. :p

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on 01 April 2011 - 01:24 AM, said:

Nah bring Shane too, I approve of his perverted ways - he is the exact example of what I'd always assumed Australian men to be like (only bigger and more violent), so it's nice to see stereotypes aren't always false.

Thank you. I think. :gando:

View PostIlluyankas, on 01 April 2011 - 02:59 AM, said:

His assumption was that they'd be huge, unruly, uncouth and uncivlised, and Shane resembles that in every way except his wizened dwarfish stature. He's the Mini-Me to Toby's Aussie stereotype Dr. Evil, if you will.

Yes, I'm so tiny in all those BBQ photos. Shorter than Cougar and Toby (combined ... maybe) and so much thinner than Illy ...

OH WAIT! :p

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Arnie.jpg (20.11K)
    Number of downloads: 2

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#71 User is offline   Loki 

• WWQBDFTW?

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

If Sombra was the vision of Australian Manhood as some seem to think I would have moved to England years ago! :gando:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#72 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

View PostLoki, on 01 April 2011 - 07:14 AM, said:

If Sombra was the vision of Australian Manhood as some seem to think I would have moved to England years ago! :p

I think it has been well established I am not exactly the quintessential Aussie bloke, but I would love to be there to see your face as you flew in to Heathrow and saw a nation of guys that made me LOOK like the stereotypical bronzed buffed Aussie man by comparison. :wacko:

But as I know you wuv me, all is forgiven. Now get me another beer, woman! Stat! :gando:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#73 User is offline   Loki 

• WWQBDFTW?

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Dear Friends,

It is with sincere regret that I must inform you that SOmbra, our dear dear Sombra, has recently passed away as a result of being bitch slapped to death.

Let us have a moments silence.

~TQB~

#74 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Oh crap. I've just been reminded about a stag weekend I've promised to go to, it's on the same weekend. No BBQ for me :gando:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#75 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

But who will we blame???

#76 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

I don't need to be present for blame to occur. This is established fact.

#77 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

You suck epic style.

Half of all marriages end in divorce, and yet you're prepared to be associated with this? All you're doing is ensuring he links you with his failed marriage forever and hates you. If you were a good friend, you'd skip this stag weekend to go to the nnq, then you'll be around for the next wedding and stag party and be able to say "yeah, I never liked that bitch" and look all good.

THINK ABOUT IT

#78 User is offline   Giles 

• Demon of the inn
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Martial arts and Metal music

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:30 PM

Id really like to go to this again, but im not sure what il be doing at the time and hopefully il start a job soon.
"Hollow. My name is Kurosaki Ichigo. You killed my mother. Bankai."

#79 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

View PostGiles, on 10 April 2011 - 10:30 PM, said:

Id really like to go to this again, but im not sure what il be doing at the time and hopefully il start a job soon.

Yeah, right. I won't hold my breath 'Giles'

If we are going to put the idea to bed of what kind of identity closest resembles Sombra's brand of masculinity, then my suggestion would be a combination of SS officer and redneck.
I AM A TWAT

#80 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:09 AM

Current roll call :-

Hetan and Mal (obviously)
Illy
IH
Messremb
Dag
Mezla
Stone Monkey
STD
Toby
Alt 146 & significant other
Cougar
Fid
Paleman and the lovely Mrs P
Pathos

This year's Special Guest - Silencer

Possibles - Macros, Dutch, Cyphon, Roldom, Gatekeeper?
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users