• 8 Pages +
  • Last »

An actual proper release date for aDwD Allegedly. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

http://georgerrmarti.../if-update.html

So aDwD will be released on July 12th (assuming this is a US release date).

Fingers crossed that this isn't just another false dawn. Apparently it seems much more solid than the previous ones.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

I'm not going to believe this fully till he hands the finished book over...but it is a step in the right direction.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

Damn I just realized if this happens...and I import from the UK because it comes out there first...I probably won't be finished with it by the time Ghost Story comes out (assuming I'm caught up in Dresden by then.)

I never thought I'd say this, but maybe I'll have to set the new Martin book aside for a few days.

EDIT: After browsing the Westeros forum it seems this is the date for both the US and the UK. I still probably read to slow to finish it by the time Ghost Story is released.

This post has been edited by End of Disc One: 03 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

#4 User is offline   Hoods Breath 

• Corporal
  • "Um... It's a Mr. Death. He's here about 'the reaping'...."

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

yee haw. Finally.

so... uh... when is 'The Winds of Winter' coming out?
"The truth is that the goal of existence is to kill you" - Ansty, ret. Sergeant, Bridgeburners

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

View PostHoods Breath, on 03 March 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

yee haw. Finally.

so... uh... when is 'The Winds of Winter' coming out?

I have a better question. When does A DREAM OF SPRING come out. LMAO!

*looks at watch and sees twenty years pass*
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6 User is offline   epicfantasynerd 

• Recruit

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

Be still my heart.

#7 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

This is awesome. Timely for me too, considering I just got into the series :)

So two more books = two more decades + four more half-a-books?

but... btw A Dream of Spring is already out. Martin took so long to write it that the Wheel of Time had completed a full revolution by the time the book was done. Its publication heralded the dawn of the First Age.

#8 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

You know what the coolest thing about this announcement is?

It is this: I'd given up on ASoIaF, hadn't read the latest book, and so for me, it'll be like starting a brand new epic series when I do a reread and then pick up the latest novels. Two epics for the price of 1!
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#9 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

View Postjitsukerr, on 03 March 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

It is this: I'd given up on ASoIaF, hadn't read the latest book, and so for me, it'll be like starting a brand new epic series when I do a reread and then pick up the latest novels. Two epics for the price of 1!

I haven't read AFFC yet either, so in a similar position!

Now, to be annoyingly and pointlessly pedantic, it's really just one epic we'll be reading. Each book is half-a-book to the other. Does mean though that we'll have the WHOLE epic for the price of half-an-epic, whereas everyone else (who has read the first half) just gets the half.

#10 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :p
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#11 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

View PostBombur, on 03 March 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

Now, to be annoyingly and pointlessly pedantic, it's really just one epic we'll be reading. Each book is half-a-book to the other. Does mean though that we'll have the WHOLE epic for the price of half-an-epic, whereas everyone else (who has read the first half) just gets the half.

I mean that, in the ensuing years, I've forgotten everything about the whole thing -- cast, plot, locations, themes. There's a dwarf, and an annoying girl. That is literally all I remember. So I'll be starting from the very beginning (a very good place to start).
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#12 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

WOOT! This calls for a timely re-read as I have been forgetting important details, besides the ones that obviously stick out.

/rockon
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#13 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

I think I'm going to watch the TV series, then re-read the rest of the books, then get this one. That way I should be able to buy it in paperback :)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#14 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

A re-read would require me to once again sit through the mired-boredom-crap that was AFFC. I'd re-read the first 3, but never AFFC.

#15 User is offline   Tyr 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:05 PM

Planning to read AFFC before it comes out (since I havent already). Yay, I can finally give the ASoIaF books a rest for 5 years whilst I divulge into to other series - AND I WONT BE BEHIND IN DISCUSSION AND SPOILERS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#16 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

Seems a reread is required.

After finished TCG...
And then rereading the entire series...
and then reading other books that have been on my shelf unread for far too long...
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#17 User is offline   Spiridon_Deannis 

• Sergeant

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

Sorry, y´all...not reinvesting in that one until it is finished....

#18 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

That potential cover looks pretty boss. At least, comparatively speaking.

All my cynicism and jadedness over the delay these past few years aside, I got chills when I read that post, and cannot wait to get my hands on this book. Finished a reread two months ago, and the man can just spin one helluva yarn, all criticisms aside. It's such a nice contrast/complement to Malazan too, in so many ways. I can't really describe how, but if I had to it would be that reading Malazan is like running around like a madman on a scavenger hunt with an incredibly complex and vague set of clues, where reading Martin is like geocaching with a GPS. A very, very slow running GPS...

Finishing it and dragging myself back to his blog for updates on the next installment will probably leave me feeling even more cold and dead inside than finishing the Crippled God, on the less optimistic side of things...

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#19 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:52 PM

Its awesome that its finally coming out, but i'm not gonna get in any big hurry to read it. Especially with Ghost Story out at the same time.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#20 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

View PostBombur, on 03 March 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

View Postjitsukerr, on 03 March 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

I haven't read AFFC yet either, so in a similar position!

With all the insane restructuring that Martin has hinted at (and talked openly about) and that Wert's discussed in other threads, it seems pretty likely that Dance will no longer be JUST the other half to AFFC. I think it's safe to say that this will mostly be the case, but I'm almost certain that it's going to go beyond where AFFC left off in terms of timeline, as well as include some brief POVs from just a few characters we saw in AFFC (when that wasn't originally going to be the case.)

You're still mostly right though.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users