• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls Sequel to Demon's Souls

#541 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

Aw I thought they were for me.

Do you mean the undead one hanging over the ledge near the start?

Or the black one that flies over as you enter the dlc area?

The access to the dlc area is behind the first Hydra on the lake. You get to fight Artorias, and Kalameet.

Best route to Vamos.. use the Fall Control and drop down from the spiked bridges at the start of the catacombs. There's a side passage and a drop straight down into his workshop.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 29 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#542 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

The red one that flame throws the bridge each time you step on it...

I went there (near Hydra) before. The portal wasn't there. So I guess I don't have the expansion pack.

Edit near the undead burg

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 29 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#543 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

I think you need an item bought from the Lady npc by the lake. Then the portal opens round the corner where the crystal golem was.

If you go under the bridge with the red dragon and shoot its tail you get a drake sword.

If you want to kill it wait until you've got a strong ranged attack and shoot it from halfway down the bridge. You can lure it down if you've got something that will kill it quickly.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#544 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostTraveller, on 29 December 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

I think you need an item bought from the Lady npc by the lake. Then the portal opens round the corner where the crystal golem was.

If you go under the bridge with the red dragon and shoot its tail you get a drake sword.

If you want to kill it wait until you've got a strong ranged attack and shoot it from halfway down the bridge. You can lure it down if you've got something that will kill it quickly.

If youve got good spells just throw a throwing knife at it, cast power within, homing crystal soulmass and get some soul spears ready. Its easily dropped with magic though I was a pure mage when I played my first file.

As for the Artorias DLC you might not have it if you only bought it off xbox live. DS was actually a free game a few months back so I hope you got it then but if you did no DLC.

Anyway where the hydra is in Darkroot garden head left all the way along and if theres a golden golem kill it. A woman appears. quit the game after talking to her and reload it and then head back to where the hydra was and there should be a summon sign to summon dusk of oolacile. Even if your sure you havnt got the DLC you might still be able to get the crown of oolacile which boosts spell/pyromancy power by about 10% though increases your weakness to magic by about 30%. Only ever a factor I found when fighting the boss Gwyndolin in Anor Londo who is an optional boss you might have missed btw. Then when you get to Dukes Archives theres a bit at the beginning where a crystal Golem will drop a Silver Pendant. Reload the game and head to left of the hydra again and the portal should be there.

The crown of oolacile stacks with the bellowing Dragoncrest ring as well as power within btw.

Also before you go to ng+ make sure everything is upgraded fully obviously but also that you have bought all the available spells. You can get 8 soul spears per game I think maybe 4 more actually if you speak to that mage you initially free after Logan leaves for the Dukes archives.

Sorry for the long post but its a nightmare for a mage if you realise youve missed spells.

This post has been edited by tiam: 02 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

#545 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:15 PM

Bring it here DS players, before we hijack the 'game I'm playing' thread. Again!

Edit.. Wow, can't believe this thread was started five years ago. And I'm still playing it.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 08 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

#546 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:00 PM

It's my favorite game I've ever played.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#547 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:34 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 March 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

@Mor from game thread considering I barely beat boss 1 on BB I doubt my skill to bring much fire to the game lol

It's a challenging game, but you'll get into the groove of it soon enough.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#548 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:57 PM

Xbox 360 online is still very active even at 6am UK.

I tend to set myself to party mode and play solo though.

This your first playthrough Bk?
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#549 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:38 AM

The shield you have doesn't block 100% damage. In a couple hours of play, you'll have better gear and a 100% shield.

I say a couple hours because it's a bit slow progressing/exploring/not dying for new people, but you can do it inside thirty minutes.

The game is probably easier than Bloodborne in most parts.

#550 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostBriar King, on 09 March 2016 - 05:23 AM, said:

So I assume I lvl up Int for Sor? What else is essential for start?

Increase INT as a priority but I would put a couple points into Attunnement first for a couple extra spell slots. Im lvl 36 and my INT is 36 with a couple points in DEX and I can attune 6 spells.

Once you have your INT to 40 you can cast pretty much any spell you like and they will hit hard (even basic soul spears).

As for gear, buy the heater shield from the merchant in the undead burg as well as the residents key (essential for freeing someone), its a low STR requirement shield that can be used without using points in STR. As for the rest of your armour go with something light so that you can fast roll.

Rings wise, as soon as your free Griggs buy the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring (20k souls) as this gives you a boost toall spell damage and is invaluable (you will never take this off). second ring slot I'd use either, Dusk Crown Ring (Hydra drop) lowers HP to half by adds 50% to your spell casts or red tearstone ring (difficult to get w/o master key and involves a suicide run).

At the beginning head below firelink and down the elevator, on the right there is a set of stairs that leads you to a blacksmith - go to him and buy a second copy of soul spear and heavy soul spear.

If you are playing a pure caster I'd recommend getting atleast 3 weapons - 1 upgrade down magic path (can be done at above blacksmith) 1 down normal path (you meet this blacksmith soon) and last one down either Fire (Vamos in catacombs (recommend youtube for a quick way to get to him)) that way you are set for most situations.

I would have also recommended starting with the Master key as in all honesty its the only useful starting item lol.

Hopefully that helps.

EDIT: forgot to say if you are planning on Glass cannon mage I wouldn't bother putting points in VIT or END as you will want to stay at a distance. Also once your INT is 40 - 50 focus on DEX as this increases your cast speed.

Lastly if you are on 360 id recommend putting yourself into a Party as this lets you play offline and be in human form without player invasions (except scripted NPC ones) as online PVP is still quite active, this is most important for the Forrest which is a PVP hotspot.

This post has been edited by DeadHedge: 09 March 2016 - 09:00 AM

"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#551 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

It's your first time though. Don't worry so much about powerplay. Go for the items, weapons and skills you think are cool. Experiment :D
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#552 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:08 AM

What morgoth said, for first playthrough just have fun. id recommend having a try at most weapons if you can.

Whats your favourite build type Morgoth?

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#553 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:13 AM

Goddamn that Capra demon.

#554 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:33 AM

View PostTraveller, on 09 March 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

Goddamn that Capra demon.

Expect more pain from him. Out of all the bosses there are 2 that gave me any significant trouble Ornstein and smough (double boss later in game) and that confounded Capra demon.

If it helps block as soon as you enter the fog gate and head to the right around Capra and up the stairs. The dogs should follow you and are easy pickings. Capra is then easier.

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#555 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:02 PM

Oh, I know.. I already checked upthread for my own advice! I remember getting onto the ledge, from where I could whack it with soul missiles. But on this playthrough I haven't picked those up yet, and anyway the demon keeps hitting me as I go up the stairs, whether I'm blocking or running. And my +5 halberd isn't as much use here as everywhere else for obvious reasons!

edit.. Just beat it by completely changing strategy. Put on all my heavy armor, then circled around, blocking, taking out the dogs on the stairs. Then did about two drop attacks to finish it off.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 09 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

#556 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

Capra is a pain to beat. Glad you managed him traveller.

You can get soul arrows from the blacksmith under firelight shrine and from griggs if you freed him from lower undead burg.

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#557 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

Just picked up some, plus the pyro flame which is why I needed to beat capra.

Then went from firelink down to the blighttown bonfire at the bottom without taking a single hit. Ran past the first guys, went down the ladders, killed the mosquitos with magic and arrows, and went down the wheel lift.

Quelaag next. I want my Fury Sword.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 09 March 2016 - 07:10 PM

#558 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

Haha you remember the shortcuts lol.

I'm just waiting for sons bedtime then it's time to grab half hour of game time.

Prince K'azz D'avore

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#559 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:15 PM

View PostDeadHedge, on 09 March 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

Haha you remember the shortcuts lol.

I'm just waiting for sons bedtime then it's time to grab half hour of game time.

Me too. Might get some time later, to see what I can do to Quelaag.

BK, just head up towards the steps that lead to the Undead Burg. Keep away from the cemetery...

This post has been edited by Traveller: 09 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

#560 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:08 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 March 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

I just put 2 in Int 1 in Atune. I'm in area with some dude chilling next to fire and the big crow resting on perch. There seems to be 3 or so paths open but I've not explored any yet.

You want to find what looks like an aqueduct. If you're staring at the ruins, it'll be off to the right with some zombies on the stairs up to the aqueduct.

The cemetary has skeletons you can't kill yet. Going downwards leads to ghosts you can't kill yet either. If you don't have a lotta souls, you can still go these routes and explore, cussing when they kill you and you pop back up at the fire. But it's better to go find the aqueduct and then proceed inside it.

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

19 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users