• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls Sequel to Demon's Souls

#501 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

Get Havels Ring as soon as you can. You'll need the endurance and speed while wearing armor.Asylum Demon is my nemesis in DSs.. probably because I took it on too early, spent longest to beat it, but subsequently got the most satisfaction when I finally did it.If I remember it correctly - don't lock on. Learn to read the wind up for that explosion and run out of range. Get behind it to the left/right to hit. If you get too far away it will kill you with one hit. As it turns try to stay behind it. If he flies up run like fuck.A few blasts of pyro (combustion?) help to knock its health down.I just pre-ordered DS 2. Cannot wait.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#502 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

I think he's talking the first iteration of the Asylum Demon, not the second - which is a complete jerkball to deal with for sure.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#503 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Ah yes. I was thinking of the Stray Demon. I did not really just say that the first, easiest to kill boss in the game was my nemesis.. Ho hum.What I meant to say was of course, do a drop attack on it and then hit it a couple of times.

(I will also say that if you're having problems with the first guy, you might be in trouble...)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 29 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#504 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Sage advice from all. Thanks!

Yeah, it's the first demon. The one you can have a go at very early but are given the option to escape through a side door (which is what I did, the door then locks and that way is closed). And then you move around to face it again. I'm still trying to get past it. Didn't heed the advice the message gives you right before you enter through gate to face it again (the advice about the drop attack). Silly me, the drop attack takes its health down 50% right off the start. Still working on it, but have got the drop attack down. Just need to calibrate distance, attack timing with it's behavior and maneuvering behind to to strike it. It's difficult for sure.

#505 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

You're gonna love this game. just love it. You're already hitting the strategy. Can't wait till you get to the Capra Demon!
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#506 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Hah, yes. I can't wait until you return to the Asylum...and meet the Stray Demon.I both love and hate this thread - it makes me want to play all over again. I've played through it as a different class every time someone else starts it up.

#507 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

I started over. I chose the Pyromancer this time. I gifted myself the black firebomb. This time I took down the Asylum Demon no problem (when in doubt, kill it with fire). I also acquired the axe.

Not sure what was the deal with my Knight, but equipment wise all I had was a broken sword and a shield. I might have to start over again with the Knight, as that is the class I wanted to have a go with first, but so far my Pyromancer is making headway in the game so I will stick with him for the time being.

Do you adventures know what your supposed to do with the birds nest? The one, which when you approach, it says "you you, give me something". I tried dropping an estus flask into the nest but nothing happened.

#508 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

If you drop items in the nest, leave the area and return later, you get a gift depending on what you leave. Or, just reload your game once you've left something. You can get titanite and rare items - you'll find a list online.Whichever class you start as will take a while to get started with upgrades - don't get put off early. I started with nothing but a loincloth and plank shield last time and did fine. The difference with this game over others is that the way you fight really matters more than what you're using. You get so conditioned by other games to think that if you're doing badly, you need better equipment. In DSs, it's more about timing.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 30 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

#509 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

I started a new game today. Chose a sorcerer and for the first time I'm gonna try to go all the way with magic in these games. Never tried it in Demons Souls either.
No Touchy.

#510 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostTraveller, on 30 December 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Hah, yes. I can't wait until you return to the Asylum...and meet the Stray Demon.I both love and hate this thread - it makes me want to play all over again. I've played through it as a different class every time someone else starts it up.

I stopped playing when I reached the Four Kings. I tried to beat them 20 times and just couldn't do it. It would have been better if I could spawn a lot closer to them. The journey there was painful and then to get my arse handed to me over and over was very demoralizing. No other boss took more than 10 times to kill :p
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#511 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

What build are you? I find having a tank build only pays off when you have Havels armor and ring equiped other-wise go the way of the ninja.

I've only managed to beat them wearing a set of trousers. Mobility is key. If you can kill them well in advance before the next king appears you're golden. Get a +5 demon weapon or +15 standard weapon with high attack speed or MASSIVE damage and go to town. I have to admit no boss annoyed me as much as the kings when running a tank build.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#512 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

I'd have to go back and have a look but I had immense weapons, good armour, I had most rings and was at a high level. I'd have to go and have a look when I get home. Do you need to keep updating your Ghost thing, what the Ghosts drop? I may have kept running out without knowing because my hits where doing sweet fuck all.

#513 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

Yes you need to keep that transient curse replenished or risk a speed run through the "shortcut". When you enter ghost town from the firelink shrine (which should be kindled as much as possible, maybe 15 Estus flasks to the good) cross the bridge and turn to your right where you fight those first two ghosts you meet, theres a drop there that leads you to the four kings three ghost troopers later. I strongly disadvise trying to dodge these guys, rather kill em and heal. before you dive down to fight the kings heal and equip your lightest armour.

The ninja flip ring helps alot here but you need to be fairly light to gain the benefit.

#514 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostDolmen Weeks, on 15 January 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yes you need to keep that transient curse replenished or risk a speed run through the "shortcut". When you enter ghost town from the firelink shrine (which should be kindled as much as possible, maybe 15 Estus flasks to the good) cross the bridge and turn to your right where you fight those first two ghosts you meet, theres a drop there that leads you to the four kings three ghost troopers later. I strongly disadvise trying to dodge these guys, rather kill em and heal. before you dive down to fight the kings heal and equip your lightest armour.

The ninja flip ring helps alot here but you need to be fairly light to gain the benefit.

When your lightest armor is equipped do you tend to get one hitted?

#515 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Yep. My first playthrough I had a knight build, and used Quelaags Fury sword. The best thing about the sword is that you can swing multiple times before your stamina drains. So I ran in, slashed away, dodged his attack, then had another go. I killed all of them stupidly fast, and wondered what all the fuss was about.

Second playthrough as a mage... died, died and died again. Even though as a mage the other bosses had been easier. Seems like each build has a boss that is stupidly difficult but easy to others - all the more reason to play again.I just tried different combinations of equip and rings. I don't even remember which one ended up working - i think I just learned to dodge the blast attack.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

#516 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

Not normally. It depends on your health and how you got hit. there is only one attack that one shots you. its that purplish homing missile attack. its telegraphed though so you run for your life to dodge it. follows you for a 10-15 second period if you far away. the trick is to slip behind the king or to the left of them and watch for charging of any kind, then you split away and wait an opening to deal damage.

#517 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostTraveller, on 15 January 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Yep. My first playthrough I had a knight build, and used Quelaags Fury sword. The best thing about the sword is that you can swing multiple times before your stamina drains. So I ran in, slashed away, dodged his attack, then had another go. I killed all of them stupidly fast, and wondered what all the fuss was about.

Second playthrough as a mage... died, died and died again. Even though as a mage the other bosses had been easier. Seems like each build has a boss that is stupidly difficult but easy to others - all the more reason to play again.I just tried different combinations of equip and rings. I don't even remember which one ended up working - i think I just learned to dodge the blast attack.

That's really interesting! Lots of people online claim four kings was an easy fight with a mage build, guess you can't believe the hype. I'm considering my next build already. (still need to kill Artorias though) Think I want to try a mage this time round.

#518 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Im getting my ass kicked by phantoms. Dont know how to fight em with a mage.
No Touchy.

#519 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostDolmen Weeks, on 15 January 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 15 January 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

That's really interesting! Lots of people online claim four kings was an easy fight with a mage build, guess you can't believe the hype. I'm considering my next build already. (still need to kill Artorias though) Think I want to try a mage this time round.

My first fight with my mage file was my first file so it took me a while to get my bearings being dropped in the Abyss. After that yeh its a really easy fight as a mage. Whats interesting is if you use a spell as one of the kings are in their death animation it still does damage to their total bar. On newgame plus I killed them and only fought three kings, the third one died after like one soul spear as I had used all my good spells on the opening two. You can really pile it on the first two and get it down to like quarter health.

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 16 January 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Im getting my ass kicked by phantoms. Dont know how to fight em with a mage.

Transient Curses. But yes even with the jagged blade they drop as mage who isnt used to the standard combat I struggled. I just stocked up on traniesnt curses and took my time. If youve done Dukes Archives before hand and have run Logan to his fullest line of dialogue and killed him you get white dragon breath which fires the only soul spell that reliably takes down multiple opponents. Its not as useful as the standard spells in some instances but has 20 casts for one slot and can be used effectively though it takes the longest to cast.

My most difficlut fight has been the sanctuary Guardian the rest I took quite easily.

#520 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

I meant invading phantoms. But I found that playing as a mage made the game WAY too easy. You just stay back and destroy the bosses. Only one that was tougher was Gravelord Nito as his minions would get in the way and stab me. I really hope they take it up a notch and make Dark Souls 2 harder.
No Touchy.

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users