• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls Sequel to Demon's Souls

#321 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Up to you. I did, once I realised how it all worked. You catch up really quickly, and don't waste souls while figuring out what's going on, so your second character will be more focussed.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#322 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

When you use that Artorious key to open the door in Darkroot Gardens, you fight yourself? There is a sorcerer and a knight in there and at first they beat me, the sorceror is easy enough to kill now but the knight is quite hard. Any ideas?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#323 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

Try running back to the steps. There's a ledge to the right. If anyone is following, and you go round there, they'll go up the steps and jump down at you.. and usually fall off the cliff. Its good if you want to farm souls; you can get 4 of them all over at the same time for about 7k in a few mins.

Or just keep fighting them, its good practice!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 10 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#324 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Are you able to post a video? I think I know what you mean, you run back up the steps that you come in on and as you are going up there is a ledge to the right?

#325 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Yes, between the steps and the cliff. But on the ground, don't actually go up the steps. It's not foolproof - sometimes they land next to you but if you block they rebound and fall off anyway.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 10 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

#326 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

Just get used to fighting them its good practice for fighting all sorts of different enemies. It used to take me a while but now i can kill them all in about a minute. The last guy with the axe is the hardest but you only get 1k from him. Best farming place.

So ive been to anor londo now but came back. You guys were in work or something so i consulted the dark souls wiki for the first time. Im now in the great hollow which is ok. Killed that iron golem first time. Went backk to get logan and stuff and realised id missed a few things

#327 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Aw man, you're in the tree? I decided to put that off until later. I've just finished getting the Soul Spear from Big Hat Logan - only to find out I don't have enough magic juice to use it yet - and hopped back to Anor Londo to figure out how to proceed next.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#328 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

I think I'll head to Anor Londo next - I've got all the spells and rings I was after now, and levelled up my magic a bit. I'm going to leave the tree for now, as although there is a nice ring down there, it's more suited to a melee build.

Tempted to farm a bit to boost my pyro flame, but that will be easier once I have the Lordvessel.

#329 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

How do you do the spells faster?

#330 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

I went down the tree and killed the hydra im gonna have a crack at the basin hydra soon after ive done anor londo. What ring was down there btw as i must have missed it. Also i only use humanity for kindling do you guys use it for other stufff

#331 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 10 April 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

How do you do the spells faster?

Are you asking how to cast spells faster? The only way to do this is by increasing dexterity. It won't be a very significant increase - about 10% for regular spells and 20% for heavy spells by the time you get 45 dexterity. It's definitely helpful, but other stats such as vitality, endurance, and intelligence are far more worthwhile until you've reached their soft caps.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#332 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

The Cloranthy ring is in the Great Hollow on the way to Ash Lake, and makes your stamina refill super fast, which is great when you're repeatedly swinging a sword and blocking. It's down where you first meet the basilisks I think.

At the moment I'm mostly just using Humanity to stop looking like a bit of beef jerky - but it improves some weapons, and can always be used as an Estus flask for an emergency health top up - I've never got that desperate though. You get better item drops when you have high humanity too. Best use is kindling though, as those bonfires stay kindled, even into newgame+.

Edit... Dexterity boost for a mage seems like something to do later on then..

This post has been edited by Traveller: 10 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

#333 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Basilisks are they the frog thingies that spit smoke? Im now trying to get out of blighttown again i think. Ive actually been hitting the discharge demon and doing decent damage but i fight him sometimes and cant even hit him. Do i attack his arm or try and soul spear him from a distance like ive been doing.

#334 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

I think I killed him by luck before, as he fell down the cliff after a few chops. I think youre better off closer as its long range attack is devastating.

I haven't tried it as a sorcerer yet. And until you complete the Anor Londo section, the areas like Demon Ruins, Catacombs, and Dukes Archives are sealed with a fog door. You could always kill the ceaseless discharge for the souls, then head to Anor Londo.

The basilisks spit clouds that curse you if you're not careful.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 10 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

#335 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Ah right I thought Basiliks would be snakes is all. So im fighting the executioner and the knight in anor londo. I do ok and if I was more patient I could probably do it. Just struggling atm but it really depends on how many of my soul spears hit. Ive killed both of them once to see what the power ups did and i prefer a lightning executioner rather than a giant lightning quick knight.

#336 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

You're actually ahead of me now, Tiam. I spent a lot of time getting all my pyro, strength up to the soft cap, a few different spells and a big selection of weapons leveled up.

Right now, I can take out one of the giant knight guys at the first Anor Londo bonfire with one Chaos Fireball (if they walk into the lava) and I've managed to get comfortable with a sword enough to chop down the ones that don't go down to a fireball. Spears suck against them, even the lightning one I picked up after the treasure chest ate me and I killed it for revenge.

Gods, that treasure chest eating me was unexpected as hell. I attack every chest now to be sure.

#337 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Know that feel regarding the cgest mimics. I know poke with a spear every time to be sure.

I trained for a bit mainly to get all the spells off logan so i have soul spear and loads of heavy great souls and normal great soul arrows. For the first time im using melee attacks. Ive got that lightning spear and use it to finish off the white knights.

What level are people at this stage. Im level 75 ish with forty plus intelligence, thirty vitality and seven apell slots. I do decent damage to all bosses but am i under levelled for where i am.

#338 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

I managed to kill the Ceaseless Discharge, now I'm trying to catch up in Anor Londo. The whole point of going to the swamp was to get some souls and level up my pyro flame, but I forgot and spent them on levelling up before I remembered.

I can take out one of those giant knights with a single soulspear when their guard is down, and the homing soulsmass is just awesome, as it releases while I'm dodging or defending - also sometimes at the critical point when their guard is down after they've attacked, the homing spells all fire at once for about 400+ damage.

Those knights shooting arrows from the buttresses were a total pain, until I went up there with Soulmass equipped - they fired while I was blocking and trying not to get knocked off.

I'm about level 50-ish now, with 41 Intelligence and 5 spell slots. My Strength is 16, Endurance 15? and Vitality is only about 13. I'm using the Dragon ring that boosts sorcery, and using mostly Soulmass and Great Soul Arrows simultaneously.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 12 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

#339 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

I'm somewhere around the first couple 100s for level. Maybe late 90s. My strength is at the soft cap of 40. My vit is in the high teens, endurance in the low 20s, intelligence is in the low 20s, dexterity is in the mid 20s and attunement is sufficient to have 4 slots.

Rocking the Covetuous Gold Serpent Ring and a mix of the evil eye, bellowing dragon or ring of steel. I want those large titanite and colored titanites, damnit.

Also got some sweet swords out of the covetuous gold ring. I have a stone greatsword, which fires off a "slow motion" effect for strong attack at the cost of durability and picked up a black knight sword and a couple balder side swords as well. Nothing really awesome for spears though, as I don't like the Giant's halberd swinging motions. Have a stone shield, but it's so damn heavy that I don't use it.

Upgraded my Partisan to a Divine +5 because I figure I want one stabby and one swingy weapon for any future skeleton wheel sections. Fuck those wheels.

I figure I'll get my intelligence up to Soul Spear level and then thereby work on endurance and dexterity, so I can put out a lot of damage before I have to turtle up. Life, I seem to get by where I'm at

#340 User is online   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

Oh, also: IGN DSII gameplay reveal.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users