• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 69: Battle Royale game thread.

#61 User is offline   Korabas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:47 AM

Im back :unworthy:

Busy busy day for me but will chime in when i can.

vote Barghast

because of his silly "spiral" connected collar talk.
Looks to me like he might be purposefully trying to stir up a debate about something that need not be debated.
Its fairly obvious that people are simply paired in 2's with collars.

Just looking at the rules for if there are two people left confirm this. Never mind the wording wich states as much... blatantly obvious.

So yea...he could be trying to look handy and not actually be helpful at the same time.

#62 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

sorry for the disappearing act, i am dosed at the moment so am barely able to crawl out of bed let alone think. It seems pretty obvious when someone says we are paired that we are paired. I think a few people are trying too hard

#63 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

View PostGalayn Lord, on 18 January 2011 - 11:11 PM, said:

View PostTellan, on 18 January 2011 - 10:19 PM, said:

i don't think everyone is chained together, only pairs as stated. so a and b are paired, b and c are paired and so on.

this actually suggests a looooong chain of interconnectedness. did you mean d anc c?

imjussayin'....

yeah it was a typo, i meant c and d

#64 User is offline   Korabas 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

Hmmm

remove vote

was doing a reread and it turns out the person i thought was pushign this theory of "circle" pairing was not barghast all the time.
For some reaon i thought he was pushing it harder than what he actually has.....sigh

#65 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:17 AM

View PostKorabas, on 19 January 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

Hmmm

remove vote

was doing a reread and it turns out the person i thought was pushign this theory of "circle" pairing was not barghast all the time.
For some reaon i thought he was pushing it harder than what he actually has.....sigh

I think it was Sorrit that brought this up, then a couple of others joined the bandwagon for a little bit.

It should be obvious that we are all in two's, not threes or fours just twos as that is what paired means :unworthy:

#66 User is offline   Korabas 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Yea its very obvious, thats why all the talk about it stuck out to me.

#67 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:02 AM

im assuming that every RI will have a roled player linked to them, and that each scum player will be chained to a town player and not to another scum otherwise two bad days for scum and its game over

#68 User is offline   Korabas 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

Thats the way i would do it...
or its random like everything else

#69 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

i'm inclined to lean towards a Fener vote because each posts he has given seems to be like he is trying to lead people or thats how it looks

#70 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

It is Day 1. 12 hours and 38 minutes remaining

16 Players still alive: Ampelas, Barghast, Fener, Galayn Lord, Hood's Path, Kalse, Korabas, Liosan, Merrid, Omtose, Osseric, Rashan, Ruse, Silanah, Sorrit, Tellan

9 votes to lynch, 8 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Fener ( Hood's Path )
1 Vote for Hood's Path ( Liosan )
1 Vote for Sorrit (Fener)

Players not voted: Ampelas, Barghast, Galayn Lord, Kalse, Korabas, Merrid, Omtose, Osseric, Rashan, Ruse, Silanah, Sorrit, Tellan
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#71 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

We have heard nothing from Silanah or Osseric, they haven't even made one post.

#72 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

to be fair alot of people joined this game telling us they would find it hard to get the time to post, so I'm not 100% comfortable with a low poster hunt just yet....

#73 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

i wasn't hunting as a lot of people have only made one or two posts, i was just thinking it may be hard to get a lynch with so many low posts and some people not being here.

#74 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hey guys, sorry for the late appearance, was sleeping when the game started, then had work, then dinner with gf's family...busy day, only now got time, and not much at that. Will be more free tomorrow.

Anyway, not much to go on. This post stood out to me though:

View PostFener, on 18 January 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

So basic strategy: lynch every day because it's double the odds of hitting scum.

lolwut? Maths fail. If there are, say, 4 scum, and we lynch an inno today, there is a 4/15 chance that the lynched person is linked to scum. That's only slightly better odds (the trend holds throughout the game), but is offset by the fact that if they were linked to scum, said scum dies a full day-night cycle after, thus getting off a kill, so you're 2 innos down for 1 scum anyway. That's not to say we shouldn't lynch every day - not lynching is only a potentially desirable outcome for town in an endgame situation, but you presented bad logic to justify what should already be our basic strategy anyway, regardless of set-up. Weird.

EDIT - added 'already'

This post has been edited by Osseric: 19 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

#75 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

View PostTellan, on 19 January 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

i wasn't hunting as a lot of people have only made one or two posts, i was just thinking it may be hard to get a lynch with so many low posts and some people not being here.

people might also be frightened they could lynch their collar buddies, but personally i am willing to risk it. even hitting a town player may start the clock on a scum player so its going to be worth a punt. I havent seen anything too much today though. how long is left?

#76 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

about 11 hours,

no one knows who is chained to who, so as far as lynching goes we just have to ignore the chain effect and pray that at least one in the pair is scum

#77 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

well none of the fluff know thats for sure (role pm is on page 1 remember and does not mention the collar). i would guess scum know or else they may be killing themselves with an nk. if not all the scum then their symp which would be cruel but very amusing and hard to play. and its likely some of the innos know too as the movie had a few characters who had certain rewards better than others or where skilled with comps etc. ps does say a lot of roles are based upon the collars after all.

#78 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

It is Day 1. 11 hours and 38 minutes remaining

16 Players still alive: Ampelas, Barghast, Fener, Galayn Lord, Hood's Path, Kalse, Korabas, Liosan, Merrid, Omtose, Osseric, Rashan, Ruse, Silanah, Sorrit, Tellan

9 votes to lynch, 8 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Sorrit ( Fener )
1 Vote for Hood's Path ( Liosan )
1 Vote for Fener ( Hood's Path )

Players not voted: Ampelas, Barghast, Galayn Lord, Kalse, Korabas, Merrid, Omtose, Osseric, Rashan, Ruse, Silanah, Sorrit, Tellan
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#79 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

read the rules post

shin even under lined it

no one knows who is on there collar, the scum may know who the other scum are, but from the op I'm not to sure, but even if the scum know whose on which team, they have just as much chance of hitting the person chained to themselves as hitting a RI-RI chain

#80 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

There's nothing that says that can't change though, there may very well be an ability that relates to discovering who someone is chained to, but we can't be sure of that at this point, so we must operate on the information supplied, which is nobody knows who anybody is chained to.

EDIT - added last clause and changed wording of first clause

This post has been edited by Osseric: 19 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users