• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Assassin's Creed Series The Assassinest of Assassin threads

#241 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:41 PM

Yeah want to beat at least one...

Another thing I've been wondering, I now have legendary everything. I won't need material for anything else will I? I just need gold to keep my weapons upgraded. If I can sell all my pelts/leather/iron etc that should help.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#242 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

Have you maxed out all the crafting upgrades? If so, then yeah, I think you should be in that sweet spot of just selling your stuff so you have gold to keep your gear's level commensurate with your character's level.

I beat the game and still had some crafting I could do (I believe breastplate and one of the bracers needed one more upgrade).

#243 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:38 AM

No I've done all upgrades. Bracers, hidden blade, quiver etc. I used to go on hunting missions and spend some time killing crocs or hyenas or something to get all my leather up. Do that every now and then and it speeds up the upgrade process.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#244 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:27 AM

You ever enter an ancient tomb and think to yourself: "I wonder if this is one of those super cursed resting places of a powerful Egyptian Pharaoh. Like one of those places that if you disturb even a speck of dust, not only you will die a horrible and painful death but generations of your progeny to come are cursed to die horrible and painful deaths."

#245 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

No but I'll be thinking that now!

Found out today you max out at level 40 in the main game so I'm at the highest level you can get now. All my weapons are also that level so I've got nothing to upgrade now... Still got a few areas to unlock too! I am a beast!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#246 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

FINALLY started ORIGINS on the weekend, and I'm loving it!

Two things I've noted off the bat:

1. Either it's just be or the combat system has been MUCH improved. I used to kind of struggle with the combat in the previous games, but in this one it's simple, straightforward and actually fun!
2. Looting has FINALLY been made an almost afterthought, where its just a button push and the loot goes into your cache. Been waiting for that upgrade as it makes the game flow better.

EDIT: Oh, and the version of the game I was given came with a bunch of legendary gear, so that's awesome right up front.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#247 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 April 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

1. Either it's just be or the combat system has been MUCH improved. I used to kind of struggle with the combat in the previous games, but in this one it's simple, straightforward and actually fun!
2. Looting has FINALLY been made an almost afterthought, where its just a button push and the loot goes into your cache. Been waiting for that upgrade as it makes the game flow better.

EDIT: Oh, and the version of the game I was given came with a bunch of legendary gear, so that's awesome right up front.

Yeppers. The fighting is an improvement, and actually requires some skill instead of just mashing buttons. Maybe can be described as Dark Souls light? (maybe not though). The point being though is you'll need to employ the various maneuvers you become accustomed with when you come up against the bosses.

Traveling around ancient Egypt is a once in a lifetime Assassin's Creed experience. I think you're going to enjoy it. Take pictures and share if you like. It's loads of fun.

#248 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 April 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 April 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

Yeppers. The fighting is an improvement, and actually requires some skill instead of just mashing buttons. Maybe can be described as Dark Souls light? (maybe not though). The point being though is you'll need to employ the various maneuvers you become accustomed with when you come up against the bosses.

Traveling around ancient Egypt is a once in a lifetime Assassin's Creed experience. I think you're going to enjoy it. Take pictures and share if you like. It's loads of fun.

Yeah I like bombing around on a boat and just chilling in places.

And QT I know what you mean. Some of the old AC games where you had to do a stupid lock picking exercise just to open a loot box was infuriating.

What legendary gear did you get? Was it the ceremonial staff and the sickle sword fang? I've kept them throughout they are ace!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#249 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:53 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 23 April 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

What legendary gear did you get? Was it the ceremonial staff and the sickle sword fang? I've kept them throughout they are ace!

Yup, those are they. Great upgrades to have at the outset for sure!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#250 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 April 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

Don't get too attached to them though. I had the same version of the game (with the legendary gear). While useful out of the gate, you'll soon discover better legendary items. Word of advice - instead of selling every piece of gear you don't use or is obsolete, instead consider dismantling for crafting components so you can work on your upgrades. There's definitely a balance to find there, but at first I just sold everything. Sure I was able to keep my gear's level up, but it took me longer to upgrade the slots that required components (hard leather, soft leather, bronze, iron et. cetera). Try and find that sweet spot (balance if you will) that maximizes all parts of your character's development.

#251 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:59 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 April 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 April 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

Don't get too attached to them though. I had the same version of the game (with the legendary gear). While useful out of the gate, you'll soon discover better legendary items. Word of advice - instead of selling every piece of gear you don't use or is obsolete, instead consider dismantling for crafting components so you can work on your upgrades. There's definitely a balance to find there, but at first I just sold everything. Sure I was able to keep my gear's level up, but it took me longer to upgrade the slots that required components (hard leather, soft leather, bronze, iron et. cetera). Try and find that sweet spot (balance if you will) that maximizes all parts of your character's development.

I dunno I love my fire sceptre!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#252 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 24 April 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Agree. I kept all of the lengendaries gifted to me as part of that purchase. And if they are the ones that work for you, by all means keeps using them. Just don't be afraid to try out some of the others you pick up as you move through the missions and world. Some of them may surprise you in how powerful they are.Posted Image

#253 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 April 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 24 April 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Agree. I kept all of the lengendaries gifted to me as part of that purchase. And if they are the ones that work for you, by all means keeps using them. Just don't be afraid to try out some of the others you pick up as you move through the missions and world. Some of them may surprise you in how powerful they are.Posted Image

Well I've got to the point where I can't upgrade gear or weapons any more so I'm cycling through stuff in order to try stuff out. Some swords are better with their overpower move, one of them makes Bayek charge in and gut someone, which is pretty sweet!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#254 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

Finished! Spoilers for the plot follow...

OK, so first of all, this is my favourite AC game, hands down, for the pure enjoyment of playing it. I don't really know why but I have just loved playing it. Such a beautifully textured and crafted world with a great variety of landscapes and places to explore. There was also a fun selection of weapons to play with and I loved the different varieties of bow and arrow. I also liked the Senu function (though at times it was a bit too easy to stroll up to a fortress, stand next to it and let Senu tell you where absolutely everything is. Not a horrible thing but occasionally it did take the edge off a challenge...) The gameplay and combat felt a lot more fluid to me than other games and it was good to have a group attack you all at once, instead of standing in a circle and taking it in turns as in older AC games. The parkour element was still fun to play with but didn't feel like such a major aspect as some of the other games. Maybe because the map was so vast? I don't know. It didn't bother me, and there was still lots to climb and jump off, but it was easy to spend large parts of the game travelling by boat or horse instead of leaping and rolling about. It was very spacious after all...

The plot...
Spoiler

So yeah, really glad I played this game it was a sublime experience.

My list of favourites in descending order:
Origins;
Black Flag;
Syndicate;
ACII;
Brotherhood;
ACI;
Revelations;
Unity;
ACIII.

Not played Rogue or Liberation. Might get Rogue now they're remastering it for PS4.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#255 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

Definitely loved Bayek as a protagonist. Very solid performance and writing on that part. The plot was pretty thin I thought and as always they just piss all over the potential plot threads that go all the way back to the first game.

I really wish they'd work on their AI though. It was extremely jarring and drew you out of the moment every time the NPC's would spaz out. If they can't write better bots they should figure out how to hide it better.

#256 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

Didn't notice it that much, though I got my chariot stuck a couple of times. Could have been my bad driving though :D
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#257 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

I would probably still place Black Flag just a smidge above Origins. Also, I have a soft spot for Assassin's Creed III. It was the first Assassin's Creed game I played and it has one of my favorite (if not the favorite) settings - Colonies during the American Revolutionary War. Also has one of my favorite characters - Connor (aka Ratonhnhaké:ton). I used to love hanging out in a tree above the marching red coats as their drummer played to keep their pace.

#258 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 May 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

My list of favourites in descending order:
Origins;
Black Flag;
Syndicate;
ACII;
Brotherhood;
ACI;
Revelations;
Unity;
ACIII.

View PostMalankazooie, on 25 May 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

I would probably still place Black Flag just a smidge above Origins.

I've been wondering about this, just trying to figure out which one I want to play first.

A little waffle: I've never really played the AC games, as I tried the first one back in the day and didn't like it much, but I've always been tempted by Black Flag (because Pirates!) and finally bought it last month when it was going cheap on the PS Store. Started playing it, was beginning to enjoy it (having finally begun to get my head around the combat) and then saw Origins going cheap on Amazon and was tempted because I'd seen people say it had elements of Witcher 3 about it.

I've been playing Origins for around 25 hours now, up to lvl 23, just done a bunch of quests around Sais. I've been enjoying it but last night I started to feel the quests were getting a bit repetitive - still fun, but needing a bit of variety beyond the 'go to enemy base and rescue/kill someone or steal something' template. I like hunting the wildlife for resources but chasing down the travelling merchants is falling into the repetitive bracket, too. I was getting quite excited when Cleopatra turned up and Bayek took on his new role, but then it seems to have fallen back into the same pattern again.

So my question is does it diversify as it goes on? I think I'm just about ready to move onto the next location, wherever that is, after I've mopped up a couple of side quests in Alexandria, but I'm also feeling tempted to go back to Black Flag, because PIRATES!!

#259 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:46 AM

Hmm in terms of finding a base/camp whatever and to finish it you need to get the treasure/take it the captain etc, no it doesn't change that much. There's tons of them. The actual missions have quite a bit of variety though (the exclamation marks on the map).
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#260 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

It was one of my criticisms of the game. While the setting is beautiful and fun to explore, the ? on the map that end up being yet another enemy encampment or stronghold where you have to kill the captain and commander and steal the treasure just became a wash and repeat drudgery. The animal hunting became a similar experience too. Just too many similar tasks that didn't offer much in the way of variety.

To break things up, I would go explore the pyramids and other hidden tombs, as at least they are more of an exploratory nature.

Since you started Origins, I recommend completing it first, because you may experience some weird cross pollination head fuckery and get all spun around with what is going on. In fact, after finishing Origins, I recommend you play a different game before jumping back into Assassin's Creed so you don't experience burn out on the series.

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users