• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Assassin's Creed Series The Assassinest of Assassin threads

#281 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:00 PM

View PostGorefest, on 14 June 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Can't remember which exactly I got but it is a poison blade, I think it is a sickle sword as well.

That sounds very much like Fang, the same one I've been using, which was part of the Desert Cobra pack that came with the deluxe and gold editions.

#282 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Weapons wise, I mixed it up, but my main go to was for speed, so I believe it was a legendary sickle that I believe caused heavy bleeding. When hunting crocs, I would pull out a spear because I found it better designed to deal with them (able to keep some distance), but mostly just used my hunting bow and arrow on them. I found a legendary sword that I would sometimes go to (just to mix things up) when fighting normal soldiers. But one thing I would recommend, is using a heavy blunt weapon (doesn't even have to be legendary) against the brutes or other such enemies that are larger and/or are good with using shields. One or two blows from a heavy blunt weapon will knock them down.

I was riding the Chocobo around as novelty. Posted a pic if you go up thread, but yeah, then went back to my legendary horse after the novelty wore off, which was pretty soon after acquiring it.

#283 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Yeah I used a Sceptre that set people on fire as my second melee weapon. Helped against some of the tougher enemies.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#284 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:16 AM

I have to admit I am starting to really love this game. My early misgivings have gone. It's far from perfect, of course, but when I get gaming time at the moment I'm not even thinking about playing anything else. The further I get into it the more enjoyable the side quests seem to become, and they seem to have multiple stages to them, which wasn't the case early game. I particularly enjoyed the sequence of quests that started with freeing the guy who had the ledger that might help identify the Crocodile, then trying to save his family from reprisals, then led through the gladiator arena and on to the assassination itself. I really like the setting, too, although all the footage of Odyssey that's landed since E3 makes me even more excited about that because Ancient Greece (along with Ancient Rome and Tudor England) is my favourite historical setting.

Anyhoo, I assassinated the Crocodile last night, and killed my 5th and 6th Phylakes. I'm currently lvl 35.

#285 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:00 PM

The list of what you can and cannot do in each AC game... Not useful per se but quite interesting perhaps?

http://www.ladbible....180625.amp.html
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#286 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:27 PM

I think it might be incomplete. Assassin's Creed III had mini-games that you could play in the taverns. There was also a lock picking mechanic you had to use. It also had an economy element where you could build up your homestead (blacksmith, miner, lumberer etc.) where you could craft (and then trade goods).

Also, In Black Flag you had the economy/mini-game element where you sent ships with various goods to the colonies and other locations around the Caribbean. You had to fight off enemies' ships (mini-game style) to be successful and receive money and treasure for your victories.

I see Odyssey is bringing back naval combat in open world (like Black Flag). Makes sense, but I wonder how they will make sure it will be accurate to the time-frame and setting.

#287 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:30 PM

In fact there was in game economy in a few of them - in Brotherhood you had that mansion and you could do the town up from it to earn more gold every hour (or whatever it was) completely forgot about that!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#288 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

I finally finished the main story of Origins on Sunday night. I loved the way it ended, with the assassination of you-know-who. Once I got over that early discouragement of finding it a bit repetitive I ended up really enjoying it, especially as the quests got more involved and Bayek got more powerful. Plus I thought the recreation of Ancient Egypt was breathtaking.

Prior to playing Witcher 3 I'd never really liked open world games. Since then I've had brilliant fun with HZD, GTA V, my replay of RDR, and now Origins. Can't wait for Odyssey.

I've still got loads to do in Origins, lots of side quests, and the expansions. But, after nearly 70 hours with it, I'm taking a break from it for a while.

#289 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

Glad you stayed with Origins. It's a great game and the exploration of ancient Egypt has got to be one of the most satisfying experiences I've had in an open world game. It was breathtaking a lot of the time and beautiful to behold.

It's a toss up between Origins and Black Flag as to which is my favorite Assassin's Creed game. Most days, I give a slight edge to Black Flag, because damn, I had so much fun with the naval exploration and battles. And just the feeling of being on the open seas.

I hear you about needing to take a break. I sort of wanted to get into the DLC that has come out for Origins, but man, I poured a metric ton of hours into the game already and am just not ready to jump back in to the rinse and repeat tedium aspects to parts of the game. I doubt I will even play Odyssey when it is released (unless it gets stellar reviews) and will probably wait for it to go on sale before I buy it. Although I am curious to see how they handle the open world ship exploration/battles (a la Black Flag). Of late, I've been sort of staying away from open world games as a rule, because I want my yearning to play one at its strongest just as Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out (so I'll be able to give my full attention and be fully engaged in that game).

#290 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 June 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Glad you stayed with Origins. It's a great game and the exploration of ancient Egypt has got to be one of the most satisfying experiences I've had in an open world game. It was breathtaking a lot of the time and beautiful to behold.

It's a toss up between Origins and Black Flag as to which is my favorite Assassin's Creed game. Most days, I give a slight edge to Black Flag, because damn, I had so much fun with the naval exploration and battles. And just the feeling of being on the open seas.

And I've got Black Flag to play yet, as well, which I'm really looking forward to, but maybe need to wait for a bit. Funny, because that was the one that really appealed to me when I took the AC plunge a couple of months ago, but I decided to play Origins first as it was the more expensive purchase, so I didn't want to leave it and then find it was a third of the price when I finally got to it Posted Image

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 June 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

I doubt I will even play Odyssey when it is released (unless it gets stellar reviews) and will probably wait for it to go on sale before I buy it.

I'm a little torn - I can't wait to play an RPG set in Ancient Greece but it's going to be very similar so soon after Origins. Plus I want to play it on my pc if I can (I really struggled with that decision for Origins) so I should probably wait and see how it's performing at release. But then the other part of me says get it on Steam and refund it if it runs like crap. It's a decision I've had to make a few times recently as games are now moving ahead of my pc spec. I've even ended up with a couple of games on both pc and PS4 thanks to sales and indecision (Dishonored 2, looking at you Posted Image).

#291 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

An, play Black Flag. It is so different to all the other AC games. Sure you have the bits of running and climbing and hidden blades and stealth (and some really dumb modern day computer hacking nonsense) but a vast majority of the game is joyfully bombing around the Caribbean on a ship, hunting for treasure and attacking the ships of the royal Spanish and English navies.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#292 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:26 PM

I never thought I'd say this. But:

AssCreed Odyssey has gone full RPG in ancient Greece. In a "you explore, pick quests and kill mythical monsters" RPG sense.

This peaks my interest, and means I'll have to move the series up in my backlog significantly. (Also, probably finally get a Uplay account)

If my backlog wasn't astoundingly huge, I'd totally say the new AssCreed looks like the biggest, most interesting release of this autumn season (on PC). Actually, I can still say that, even if I won't be buying it on launch.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#293 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:58 PM

Damn, The 2018 AAA season is hitting its stride. I was unaware that Assassin's Creed Odyssey will be dropping in just over three weeks.

#294 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:41 AM

Oh dang the more I hear of it the more I like the sound of it, especially after how much I loved AC Origins. By the tone the price has dropped and I've finished HZD there's going to be a mini Tiste around. Don't think I'm going to be playing this one...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#295 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:10 AM

It looks great but I don't think I'll get it for a while (famous last words!) as it's not long since I finished Odyssey. Plus I want to see what is said about its performance on pc.

#296 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:17 AM

# # # # # # # # # DISCLAIMER - THIS IS RUMOR, SO TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT # # # # # # # # #
Oh snap! Rumor that next Assassin's Creed will be called Assassin's Creed Legion and take place in Italy during the Roman Empire (c. Marcus Aurelius' time). It will be released sometime in 2020. It's supposed to build on style and game-play they introduced in Origins (and continued in Odyssey). Rumor is that it will complete an 'ancient world trilogy', which I hope is the case, as it seems like they've fallen again into an 'iterative' approach with the AC games. I'm hoping that a rumor from a few years ago that they were going to set a game in China will come true eventually. Damn, I sill have to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

RUMOR: Assassin's Creed Legion – Coming 2020 & Set in Ancient Rome?

#297 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:21 AM

Yeah, that fits with the stories around Origins release.

I was disappointed with the way they used Cæsar in Origins but Aurelius is one of my favorite emperors so this sounds good.

#298 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:59 PM

I want them to do a game set in medieval India.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#299 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:52 PM

Well, now the rumors are that AC's next stop will be vikings. Supposedly there is an easter egg in The Division 2 that's put momentum behind this rumor.

#300 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:10 PM

I thought the rumor was that it would be late Roman Empire. Could be Germanic tribes?

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users