• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Assassin's Creed Series The Assassinest of Assassin threads

#121 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:17 AM

AC III, AC IV: Black Flag work good together. And from what I've read, Assassin's Creed Rogue ties up the colonial america setting.

Assassin's Creed Unity is a new tangent for the series. So for continuity, I would go with III, IV: Black Flag and Rogue. And take on Unity after playing those.

#122 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 24 November 2014 - 01:17 AM, said:

AC III, AC IV: Black Flag work good together. And from what I've read, Assassin's Creed Rogue ties up the colonial america setting.

Assassin's Creed Unity is a new tangent for the series. So for continuity, I would go with III, IV: Black Flag and Rogue. And take on Unity after playing those.

Yeah I thought that might be the case. IIRC in terms of continuity, Black Flag is almost a "prequel" of sorts, as the ancestor is that one dudes dad...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#123 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostApt, on 23 November 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

My curiosity got the better of me and I bought AC Unity.

I've got to say, considering the amount of vitriol directed at the game, I am very impressed with the game so far.

I've played through the prologue and done a few more missions after that. So far it's been one of the strongest openings of an AC game I have played. It manages to set up the era and the plot well, while also introducing you to the core characters of the story, sprinkling various hints here and there about the larger scope of what is going on. It feels almost like playing a Disney story, only with more stabbing and blood splatter. Arno might be the most likable character in the series I think.

So far the only really egregious bugs I have seen have been the well documented floating/jumping NPCs in big crowds and clothes magically changing at a distance. Otherwise it runs well (I'm playing on PC on a good rig). The amount of detail in the world is absolutely astounding. I find myself just stopping in random rooms or pausing on my traversal across a historical building, just to admire the scenery and the detail.

Don't take my word for it but so far this game seems like a really strong entry in the franchise. Like on par with the release of AC2.

So what about the haystack traps, falling through the world, co-op crashes and menu crashes?
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#124 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:58 PM

I haven't experienced any of that. Completely stable build as far as I have experienced (all though for some reason the companion app for android crashes every time it opens up the game world. Maybe my phone is just too old?)

Speaking of co-op I did a co-op mission yesterday, just to see what it's about. It was your typical, stalk these 3 informants, get their info, track down bad guy and assassinate him. It was surprisingly fun. There's no tools to communicate with the co-op partner so your have to sort of go by intuition and a mutual understand of what the goal is. We occasionally ran in opposite directions but mostly we backed each other up. It's quite awesome to be fighting a level 4 or 5 sword fighter who is parrying everything you throw at him and then your partner comes up from behind and stabs the guy.

One time we had to find a bunch of people in the middle of a square. We split up, circling around the crowd, taking out snipers, then the guards around the edge and then we moved into the mass of people from opposite sides and stabbed everything to death.

#125 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

Got Black Flag & Unity for the PS4. Seriously looking forward to playing them.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#126 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

Man I am LOVING Black Flag! It is great to be back in that world again. ACIII was fairly OK, but this one is keeping me entertained no end. I was slightly apprehensive due to the meh-ness of ACIII but not any more. And I haven't even started on the ships yet. Slightly confused about how Abstergo got to where they are now as I can't remember anything about that storyline from the previous ones (I thought they were the modern Templars and they were evil and now they are a gaming company that has used a "generous donor" Desmond? Wut? I imagine if I keep playing more will be revealed or is there something I missed?)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#127 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Keep playing. If you want to learn as much as possible, when ever you are "contacted" use the door codes you get to snoop around the offices. Collect the QR codes, hack peoples computers, open office doors, etc. You will learn some crazy shit.

Most of it is optional information. It's very clear that in AC4 and Unity Ubisoft are trying to make the over arching plot an optional experience. If you just want to be a pirate for 50 hours you are free to do that for the most part.

#128 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

If you like Black Flag, you will enjoy Rouge. It is more of the same except you have ice bergs to deal with on the seas, you can hunt the unicorn of the ocean (narwhals) and since you switch sides there are assassins to be on the look out for. They will lie in wait for you as you travel through various populated areas and also on missions. Your assassin training will tip you off the when one is near but you have to use your eagle eye to spot them, which does not always work. Once they ambush you, you take a lot of damage. I'm about 60% through the story. I need to find the elite blueprints to max out my ship so I can take a run at the "hard" enemy fortresses.

The downside, I don't think Assassin's Creed: Rogue was released on PS4 or Xbox One.

#129 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

But Rogue will be released on PC and I can't wait.

I am actually in the middle of playing Liberation. It's a weirdly charming version of AC3. Taking place at the same time but down around New Orleans. It's the first game I have played where they actually address the silliness of a secret assassin running around in public in battle gear. Now you have a slave dress and a rich noble woman attire that you use to blend in with.

#130 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

Never played Liberation but it looks pretty good.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#131 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostApt, on 11 January 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

Keep playing. If you want to learn as much as possible, when ever you are "contacted" use the door codes you get to snoop around the offices. Collect the QR codes, hack peoples computers, open office doors, etc. You will learn some crazy shit.

Most of it is optional information. It's very clear that in AC4 and Unity Ubisoft are trying to make the over arching plot an optional experience. If you just want to be a pirate for 50 hours you are free to do that for the most part.

When you say contacted do you mean the story bits in the Abstergo offices? I just went there myself and all I could really do is scan some QR codes... couldn't see a way to hack computers/get through doors that didn't want to be opened... Do they bring you back from time to time?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#132 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

Yes. Three or four times you will be brought out of the game to perform some favor. During these sections you get new codes that you can use to access new areas. If you check around you will notice that some doors have higher levels than other, etc.

#133 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:18 AM

Got ASSASSINS CREED UNITY for Xmas and I just started playing...3 hours in and I have zero issues with it, gameplay is as fun as normal , the music is great and it's set in one of my favourite eras of history! I have no idea if the complainants the game had at launch have been solved in the update I downloaded when I turned it on or not, but so far I can't see what ppl have issue with.

Getting to run around 16th century Versailles salon rooms...was kind of amazing!

Probably my fave entry in the series...but that likelymhas more to do with the setting being so up my alley.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#134 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

OK... I was initially a bit like "hey this game is cool and all but I can't be bothered with all this pirate stuff."

Then at some point in the proceedings I was suddenly like "YAAAAAR ME HEARTIES HOIST THE SAILS HUNT DOWN THE SCURVY DOGS!" and other clichés.

This game rules!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#135 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:39 AM

"Every last scrap of duck on the wind!" Posted Image

[Edit]: Oh yeah, Black Sails season 2 starts next Saturday (Jan. 24). So pumped! Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jakovasaurus: 19 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

#136 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:06 PM

AC UNITY dropped me briefly from 16th Century Paris into the Paris of the late 1800's Belle Epoque in the Paris underground to escape the people hunting the main characters through the animus link.

If this game continues to do this with other time periods, I'm going to be happy!

Oh and so far my fave thing to do is collect the scroll Nostradamus puzzle/riddles. SO much fun to find.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#137 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

They're fun but some of them are also insanely obscure unless you know a lot about French culture and history. I began to be able to decipher the riddles by looking at building or monuments in the area but for the most part I just used a guide.

#138 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostApt, on 20 January 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

They're fun but some of them are also insanely obscure unless you know a lot about French culture and history. I began to be able to decipher the riddles by looking at building or monuments in the area but for the most part I just used a guide.

I've found so far anyways that there is usually at least one line in every poem that eludes to place. But yes I could see them getting more obscure later.

#139 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:02 PM

That white whale destroyed my rowing boat! I'll hunt it down I swear...

I may have to listen to Mastodon's Leviathan album while playing tomorrow...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#140 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:59 AM

I really enjoyed the diving bell areas in Black Flag. Those were a lot of fun.

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users