• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2981 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

Ah, okay. Just that on the main site, minecraft for windows and minecraft for mac were different downloads, as I recall. So we'll see.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#2982 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

hmm...from what I saw on the tutorial for Win7, the guy doing the tutorial mentioned mac formats and said it was mainly a matter of finding where on your HDD the minecraft.jar file and the .minecraft folder are kept. The mod certainly doesn't come in more than 1 format.

[educated speculation]

I think the difference between mac and win is the launcher (.exe file extension for win and something else for mac). Both launchers create an identical minecraft.jar file on the HDD, which runs in java, which nominally reads the same compiled code regardless of the OS it's running on. The big diff is just in the launcher...not the underlying files.

[/educated speculation]

Please somebody correct me if the above speculation is false.

oh, and the other difference between mac and win is that windows is better

and I still maintain we need a trollface emoticon.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2983 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

Server seems especially laggy today and I've gotten dropped twice. Can we do a server restart and see if that improves it a bit?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2984 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

Sorry drek. That always seems to be only a temporary solution. I just did that yesterday and it was fine for a bit and then started lagging again.

I think it may have more to do with my choice of VPS than anything. I've heard they overbook them sometimes and during peak traffic things bog down. Kinda like airlines like that. dick move.

Buuuut. Now that I know how to set the whole thing up, maybe I could look at migrating to a faster VPS. I liked this one for the super customizability but would gladly switch to a less customizable one to get a faster service.

Anybody have experience with that?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2985 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

Lag settled down for a while, then picked back up, then settled down again. I think the server was just getting bogged down whenever I was forcing it to create new chunks, and since I was exploring a ton it was really getting slow. I think when I stayed in one place for a while was when it was speeding back up.

In related news, I've found Antarctica. Or at least I've found a very, very, very large snow and ice biome. I stuck to the edges of it so maybe there's non-snow biomes in the center of it, but I spent hours circling along its edges and haven't gotten back to where I started so far! You'll see where and just how big it is next time Messremb does a render, I'm sure (and unfortunately said render will be much bigger... sorry)

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2986 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hmmm, maybe I'm being a bit rough on the server as well, with my current "sail all the way around the big continent to the south of spawn point" expedition.

#2987 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

This sounds like another render is called for!

Edit:
New render is up here. 75MB and shows that yes, you two have been going a long way - that's a big old ice field and an even bigger circumnavigation. There's at least 5 villages in the new bits too.

This post has been edited by Messremb: 17 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2988 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:41 AM

Wow, I'm not even to the previously explored southern end yet. This is going to take a while longer, I can see.

#2989 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Ok, so I'm lost in the wilds. Then I find a place on top of a mountain (nice place btw) I climb the mountain to see where I am - no clue. I spy a portal across some water, I go down & back up the other mountain thinking the portal is linked the hub. Well, I was wrong - it pops out into nowhere in the Nether. I jump back thru, thinking, well I'm no worse off. Wrong again, come out in a diferrent portal under the earth at about level 20. In a darkened cavern. Random portal, you suck!

I go one way, hello spiders! Run away in opposite direction, hello, dead end! Come back to fight spider, another dead end. So a sealed cavern with no way out, I'm running out of food. Well this is Minecraft, right?

I'm gonna dig my way out, making a staircase to freedom. At level 40 I hit dirt, not too odd. Behind the dirt...yep, sand. And water. Washed down the stairs I go, coming back up to dig another direction, same results, then again. Guess what, I'm in the middle of the friggin' ocean! Soon to be starving, injured by spiders, with 40 torches, 6 porkchops, and a used diamond pick.

Challenge accepted, Minecraft.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2990 User is offline   Ir'ra 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 17 December 2011 - 03:52 PM, said:

Ok, so I'm lost in the wilds. Then I find a place on top of a mountain (nice place btw) I climb the mountain to see where I am - no clue. I spy a portal across some water, I go down & back up the other mountain thinking the portal is linked the hub. Well, I was wrong - it pops out into nowhere in the Nether. I jump back thru, thinking, well I'm no worse off. Wrong again, come out in a diferrent portal under the earth at about level 20. In a darkened cavern. Random portal, you suck!

I go one way, hello spiders! Run away in opposite direction, hello, dead end! Come back to fight spider, another dead end. So a sealed cavern with no way out, I'm running out of food. Well this is Minecraft, right?

I'm gonna dig my way out, making a staircase to freedom. At level 40 I hit dirt, not too odd. Behind the dirt...yep, sand. And water. Washed down the stairs I go, coming back up to dig another direction, same results, then again. Guess what, I'm in the middle of the friggin' ocean! Soon to be starving, injured by spiders, with 40 torches, 6 porkchops, and a used diamond pick.

Challenge accepted, Minecraft.

i think that was my place. i haven't finished the nether portal on the other side yet, so when you walked back in again you spawned a new portal. My mountain is not far from the spawn point, so i guess the portal you spawned is near. The best way back to known land is probably to use the cordinates and search for the spawn.

Good luck :p

This post has been edited by Ir'ra: 17 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

#2991 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

who's building the huge tower out of nether materials with the half-completed dome thingy nearby?

Saw it on the map pretty much due south of my castle. Looks cool anyway.

D'rek is building an appropriately monstrous thing again. Hollowed out an entire fucking mountain and extending the base profile down to bedrock....man. Big project.

And is the big sandstone building yours Messremb? Out on the prairie nearby to your multi-dome base?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2992 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

Yeah, I passed the big nether tower and dome thing earlier and almost died from creepers twice (but I killed them dead before they could kill me!).

Where is this big monstrous D'rek mountain thing?

#2993 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

hmm...dunno the coords. Look on the render to the southeast of Messremb's area (the multi dome thing), past the village with lights all around it, past some ocean and you'll se a rock spire standing up on its own near some other islands. That's it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2994 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

Oh cool. Perhaps my voyage will take me by it if the continent continues all the way over there, which it looks like it does.

#2995 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

I'm not sure who the nether rock place is but the sand/sandstone place is A Demon Llama.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2996 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

cool. ADLs place looks sufficiently epic. I dig.

I've hooked myself into the nether portal network now. Did some lightstone mining for my lighthouse and almost got napalmed by a pair of ghasts. Fuck those things. Sitting at roof level with me down at lava and just rapid fire firebombing me while I tried to escape across a massive soulsand pit. Where is the nether fort btw? I wanted to pick up a few blaze rods to round out my magical workshop back at the castle.

Another question, has anybody started building the end gate yet? I have 2 orbs I can contribute once I get a bit of blaze powder to turn them into Ender pearls. It would be seriously fun to have a group dragon murdering session sometime.

My portal in the nether has kind of an unfortunate placement, I had to do a bit of frigging around your portal messremb but tried to make it all look nice. It pops out at my dock directly under the castle in case anybody goes through and wonders where they are.

The nether is an amazing place to round up XP orbs it seems. I went on a massive pigman murdering spree. It's really good incentive to go adventuring now that they added enchanting. I LOVE enchanting stuff. It works soooo well on tools. I have a Efficiency II, Unbreaking II diamond pick right now and it fucking shreds. 2 Netherrack per swing. Digging tunnels I just hold down the left mouse button and walk forward at full speed. I actually need to keep a spare iron pick for precision work in netherrack blocks.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2997 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:10 AM

I'm still afraid to go to the Nether. ;)

#2998 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

View PostKanese S, on 21 December 2011 - 12:10 AM, said:

I'm still afraid to go to the Nether. ;)

It's actually safer than running around the surface at night. Sure, Ghasts shoot fireballs at you. But their aim is atrocious and the Pigmen won't fuck with you unless you fuck with them. BUT THERE ARE NO CREEPERS.

Although I'm kinda a hypocrite. I'm afraid of going to the End (at least, I would be, if I could find a goddamned portal).
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2999 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

No, it's not hypocritical. Endermen, at least for me, are serious business if you accidentally look at one and are nowhere near water.

Lack of creepers is a good thing. Hmm, maybe I should go live in the Nether, lol.

You know what would be awesome? If you could somehow recruit an army of zombie pigmen.

#3000 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

I recall some people being upset that sheep don't grow back their wool. The new weekly "snapshot" ( version 11w50a ) fixes that and apparently fixes some other multiplayer bugs. Would it be worth updating to that? On the server you just have to download and replace server.jar. I'm not sure if everyone would need to update their clients or not... probably yes, but it's just downloading and replacing your minecraft.jar file.

Anyone interested in doing this? The files are downloadable here: http://www.minecraft...ed-for-testing/

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users