• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2401 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

AZATH EMERGENCY SWAT TEAM ASSEMBLE!

Damn it was fun last time a breach had to be fixed in the Azath.

(If you want to do it the easy way just go up in the spawning area and place torches everywhere. Fix the breach. Remove the torches. Voila)

#2402 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

Yeah good times for sure. This scenario isn't nearly as out of control as the last.

#2403 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

View PostTrull, on 06 August 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

Yeah good times for sure. This scenario isn't nearly as out of control as the last.

Yet.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2404 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

RLY had a good idea last night.

We should designate a spot and then assign everyone a certain amount of space and we would build a nice little town for ourselves.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2405 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

Like 20-30 square blocks or something?

#2406 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

I'm sort of in the middle of building a town myself.... just need to divert my attentions from DF for a little :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2407 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

View PostNyapt Cat, on 06 August 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

Yea and then section some other areas off and build communal structures like stores or docks or schools or w/e.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2408 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

I think it sounds fun. We mark off a grid of streets, everyone who wants gets an equal sized lot to build a house on. We should plan ahead to havea town square and spots for public buildings. Anytime someone new comes to the server they can just claim an empty lot and join the fun.

Oh, and in railroading news, my main line going directly from -1000,0 to 4000,0 is complete. When you get to 1000 south there is an alternate line that goes to the west and conneccts to Shiara, Messremb, Me, etc before eventually rejoining the main line. Now time to build more fancy stations. Everyone is encouraged to hook into the rail line. Have fun with the station you build. The depth of the line is at 16 for much of it, but the more recent sections are at 15 because I switched my standard depth.

Oh, and the Azath might be my fault. A bit. Terribly sorry.

This post has been edited by Raymond Luxury Yacht: 06 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

Error: Signature not valid

#2409 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

View PostObdigore, on 06 August 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

View PostNyapt Cat, on 06 August 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

Yea and then section some other areas off and build communal structures like stores or docks or schools or w/e.

Sounds like it could be fun. If it's a big project that everyone/lots of people join in with I think we'd need to find a big square swath of land for it. This area is a good size for it (assuming that unexplored gap is more land):
Attached File  Untitled.jpg (271.56K)
Number of downloads: 0

BUT, that area is really mountainous. If you want a nice flat town you'd need to do a lot of clearing. Might be easier to go out, explore and find a suitable area.

IMO, once a good place is found someone should Sim City it up - mark the roads, designate commercial/residential/industrial/etc zones, and then break it down into empty lots that people can claim for themselves to develop.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2410 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

THat's how I envisioned it D'rek, when people show up the roads are already built, empty lots are marked by signs, everyone just claims a spot and builds houses.

#2411 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

I'm headed down towards D'reks red box - but the server is lagging and booting people at the moment. Anyone on who could possibly reboot it?

Edit - someone has been building towers with fire on top down here near it. waiting out night since the lag will kill me if I get into combat. Will keep a journal :)

I think Im pissing off RLY and Gunner with how much Im getting D/Ced.

And the desert ends... lots of water and some islands at the moment... standing at the edge of what I have spawned and watching lava flows slowly spawn... its actually kind of impressive.

Not a lot of flat land. Much hills and islands and water. I'm going to try and keep exploring.

I put a giant flaming 1 at the best spot I found, but I'm not entirely sure right where I am. I'm not sure how to get a new map render either... I _think_ I'm south-east of D'reks red box, but I'm not entirely sure.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 07 August 2011 - 02:59 AM

#2412 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:18 AM

Post coordinates man! Are you scouting for the town idea? The more I think about it the cooler it seems.

#2413 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:22 AM

x: 2619
y 82
z 1938

But Im slightly off it on these coords as im still running around.

#2414 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

How big of lots and how much total space do you think we need?

#2415 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

There's the rage of hills around 500, 1500 (the ones with lava on the tops of) that are rather closer to spawn point? Hills can of course be cleared or the map edited to remove them. I shall experiment with hill removal on Monday.

The area I suggested at the time on server has someone already building under it I think.

There have been a fair number of towns built before on other servers, anyone want to try and scout them out and check on dimensions?

Of course we'd need a skybridge and railway connection to it, some nice fancy communal building, woo.

I'm going to get back and tidy up the initial spawn point some time too as that area seems to be full of creeper craters.

The world map doesn't update live I'm afraid, each time the world is backed up I make a render from the backup copy.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2416 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

This is going to sound strange, but i was was on earlier and it seemed like enemy mobs had somehow been turned off. None spawning, my grinder had zero production. My difficulty was set to normal. It was odd.

#2417 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Good time to go exploring at night then!

Your local difficulty setting doesn't affect the worlds spawning of mobs, that's set server side. I for instance have single player with no mobs, that way I can experiment day and night but on the server they still spawn.

Edit:
Just walked over a mountain in the dark, no mobs. Somethings up.

This post has been edited by Messremb: 07 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2418 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

I've started clearing at

X: 2691
Y: 81
Z: 1927

I have erected a large dirt tower to be a safehaven until I mine some stone and we decide on a communal building.

currently Clearing foilage and working on leveling the land. There is a flaming X on the ground near the tower.... I also lit the top of the tower quite well.

I was thinking of making the lots 32x32 with 3wide streets?

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 07 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

#2419 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

View PostObdigore, on 07 August 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

I was thinking of making the lots 32x32 with 3wide streets?

32x32 sounds good for something like a house, as long as you don't want lawns/yards around them. Otherwise I'd say 40x40 (or maybe 40x32?). I guess for bigger stuff we just claim several adjacent lots and they can be combined.

I'd go for 5-wide streets though, so putting streetlights or something like that on the edges won't reduce the walkable path to just 1 in the middle.

#2420 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

I was first thinking 20x20, but that gets really small. say 40x40 and then the communal buildings can be 80x80?

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

40 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users