• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2241 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

Stuff going missing and some damage to Drek's tower.

It's just so hard to figure out where to start looking for the perp. The server log only deals with chat activity...so there's no way to tell who stole what, where they were at a given time, only that they were logged in between XX:YY PM and YY:ZZ PM on Monday for example.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2242 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

hmpf.. Well I can only account for my brother and I. I'm not doing anything like that and he's been in a place without net access for close to two weeks as far as I know.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2243 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

I've been so busy lately I can't even play let alone grief :D

Hopefully its just someone not realising they're doing the wrong thing.

#2244 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:01 AM

View PostWolfy, on 07 July 2011 - 11:43 PM, said:

I've been so busy lately I can't even play let alone grief :D

Hopefully its just someone not realising they're doing the wrong thing.

If it is so then they are incredibly stupid. Weeks/months ago someone decided to break some glass in my citadel just for the sake of their convenience in getting out (it quite obviously made a stair towards a ladder, but they could have used dirt instead of breaking the glass and leaving it). It messed up my design and I had to double-check the entire floor to make sure nothing else had been broken before I could get. That time, it was someone just not bothering to think of their actions and how it would impact anyone else. I didn't bother reporting it, there was no significant damage just a lot of work in verifying the citadel.

THIS was not a misunderstanding. You don't put down water sources on top of someone else's lava cascades without realizing the impact it will have. Cleaning up this cobblestone and obsidian, reshaping the lava, removing the water... this will take hours and hours of work and then there's no guarantee it won't just happen again. Sadly this will probably drop my interest in playing minecraft to zero now so don't expect to see me again on the server anytime soon.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2245 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

:D Ok that's deffinitely someone being a tool then, maybe some nearby players can help speed along your clean up?

#2246 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

Ouch! well as soon as I got my name white listed I headed straight south and didn't stop off in any ones buildings and If i had to dig my way down a hill side I would fill the gaps behind me. I haven't been back into civilisation since I started on my project far far to the south, I did find some one's temporary dirt rest site with a chest and workbench on top. I left a sign saying hello! but didn't take any thing. can only hope that the person responsible stops being a jerk ass and finds their own place far far away.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#2247 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 05 July 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

@ All

It seems we're now on Server version 1.7.2

which means you'll have to update clients to log on. Server wasn't working properly this morning and possibly last night. I guess the update was the cause.

How do I do this? I can't log on.
Error: Signature not valid

#2248 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 08 July 2011 - 07:17 AM, said:

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 05 July 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

@ All

It seems we're now on Server version 1.7.2

which means you'll have to update clients to log on. Server wasn't working properly this morning and possibly last night. I guess the update was the cause.

How do I do this? I can't log on.

Nevermind, just saw the other post about the forum being down. I also just realized i have no desire to play single player.
Error: Signature not valid

#2249 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

View PostSammehmander Rake, on 08 July 2011 - 04:17 AM, said:

Ouch! well as soon as I got my name white listed I headed straight south and didn't stop off in any ones buildings and If i had to dig my way down a hill side I would fill the gaps behind me. I haven't been back into civilisation since I started on my project far far to the south, I did find some one's temporary dirt rest site with a chest and workbench on top. I left a sign saying hello! but didn't take any thing. can only hope that the person responsible stops being a jerk ass and finds their own place far far away.

Help yourself to anything from there, I've not been back since the one night I built it.

@D'rek: Ouch, that's really nasty - I've taken a look in your place a few days ago and was impressed with just how much lava was around. I then died :D

Edit:
Client updated again, 1.7.3 now.

Also, failing to connect to the server - connection to server refused.

This post has been edited by Messremb: 08 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2250 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

@ D'rek

No need to quit. It's so weird that your place would be the target of a grief attack. You're so out of the way and there are so many other, better, more convenient targets much closer to the spawn point. I know I already PM'd this, but consider the possibility that it was just somebody accidentally placing a water source by having a water bucket equipped when they shouldn't have. I've done it lots of times before....hell I' almost set fire to the whole forest around Castle CF just by carelessly clicking with my flint & steel. I dunno...there were no other major griefings and for your place to be the sole target just seems so strange.

Anyway, if you feel like you need a break, don't quit, just work on something new for awhile. I've been doing a lot inside the nether lately, making connections to everybody else. It's pretty fun. I mean, you've been doing heavy geometry construction since you've been on basically. Try something more freeform or crazy. I found building a nice structured castle a lot of fun after I was done with the more irregularly-shaped moonspawn.

@ All

Sorry no update or restart last night. Server maintenance took longer than expected. We are now running 1.7.3

And if there is concern about your stuff getting solen, it is *really* easy to hide a chest of valuables in MC. Just don't leave em out in the open. It's unfortunate someone (or someones) is stealing stuff, but you should be able to keep the valuable bits under wraps with very little difficulty.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 08 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2251 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

Spilling water on lava is a big pain in the ass though, and time consuming (and dull) to fix - and I don't think anyone out of the regular users would do something like that by accident, and not come on here and say 'shit sorry Drek I had a big fucking accident, let me help you sort it out.'

I know you're giving the benefit of the doubt, but it sounds like griefing to me, and such that has pretty seriously messed up someones work - I'd be pissed too.

That said, I always check whose around when I'm on, and it's usually people I recognize. I'm usually on there alone, unless gunner501 is on too, along with Morgoth and HO.

I've just trekked out east into a huge snow and ice biome... I don't know what to do now though, I may need a break.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 08 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2252 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

Yea I see gunner501 a lot.... and I think it must be Traveller. I think I saw SometimesMorgy once...

D'rek, if you want help clearing the obsidian and whatnot I can work on it this weekend, but I never even toured your place before the bullshit so I would need someone on there to let me know what needs to be removed and what doesn't. (I would also need someone to spawn me a crystal pickaxe or else I can't break the obsidian.)
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2253 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

View PostMessremb, on 08 July 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

Help yourself to anything from there, I've not been back since the one night I built it.

Thanks Messremb, I'll take good care of it :D hey when you were in that area, did you notice the huge chunks of land missing? I've been back there a few times various days of the week. and they remain unrendered. not that it was a terribly bad thing, coz I could spot some Diamond down the bottom so I dug straight down and got me some shinies!!
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#2254 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

View PostSammehmander Rake, on 09 July 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 08 July 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

Thanks Messremb, I'll take good care of it :D hey when you were in that area, did you notice the huge chunks of land missing? I've been back there a few times various days of the week. and they remain unrendered. not that it was a terribly bad thing, coz I could spot some Diamond down the bottom so I dug straight down and got me some shinies!!

Have you just logged out and back in again to respawn the chunks? If I'm travelling across the map I have to do this several times just to get across the gaping chasms.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2255 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

It's a server processing issue. When the computer running the server starts running low on memory it starts lagging behind on buffering new chunks. If el capitan wants to restart the server, it always fixes it for me and my servers.

This post has been edited by Adjutant Stormy: 09 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2256 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, I've logged in and out, I first saw them on my random travels and then I was playing a few days later and went back to the same spot. and the exact same area was still effected. Possibly because I'm a fair distance from the central hub the chunks are more faulty, I read a post by Notch stating, that its not exactly infinite landscape. but the further you get from the core center there are more chances to find 'weird' occurrences. 'sall good! easy diamonds ;D
— Anomander Rake

#2257 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

Ever time I log in I get some jumping lag type thing and cant move or do anything. I don't know if someone can kill my guy or reset him or something.

Edit: Seems to be working now

This post has been edited by A Demon Llama!: 10 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

No Touchy.

#2258 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#2259 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:10 AM

View PostHetan, on 10 July 2011 - 01:50 AM, said:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thanks Illy!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2260 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

View PostSammehmander Rake, on 09 July 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

Yeah, I've logged in and out, I first saw them on my random travels and then I was playing a few days later and went back to the same spot. and the exact same area was still effected. Possibly because I'm a fair distance from the central hub the chunks are more faulty, I read a post by Notch stating, that its not exactly infinite landscape. but the further you get from the core center there are more chances to find 'weird' occurrences. 'sall good! easy diamonds ;D

It is just a chunk load error. I've not encountered one that wasn't fixed by simply logging out and back in.

2GB of RAM should be more than enough to run our little server and I'm guessing a lot of the lag issues (including chunk load errors) stem from the widespread player locations. My VPS is rented from a Canadian company, but I have no idea where they actually keep their boxes. Could be china for all I know. The farther you are from the server the more likely you are to experience lag and errors.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic