MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2221 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

adb2aber = Messremb :no

Thanks!
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2222 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

I have now finished the most wood consuming structure I've created to date. Can't compare to the insanity that is Coco's project for sure, but I'm pretty pleased with the result.

It'll be fun to see if it's ever found as I'm not sure how far it is from anyone.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2223 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

Finally got matching portals near home and in the nether thanks to that divide by 8 rule. Also hollowed out a large section of my moutain, t'was a productive weekend.

#2224 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 04 July 2011 - 12:36 PM, said:

I have now finished the most wood consuming structure I've created to date. Can't compare to the insanity that is Coco's project for sure, but I'm pretty pleased with the result.

It'll be fun to see if it's ever found as I'm not sure how far it is from anyone.

Awesome!

Is it the new thing on the hill next to your cathedral? I've been meaning to get over there and check it out. you should portal link it to the bourgeoning portal hub in the nether.

View PostWolfy, on 04 July 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

Finally got matching portals near home and in the nether thanks to that divide by 8 rule. Also hollowed out a large section of my moutain, t'was a productive weekend.

Castle CF coords are -494, 478 (X, Z)

Which correspond to -61.75, 59.75 in the nether.

You should make a safe path (or at least a marked path) from your nether portal to the portal hub. My nether coords are linked into it, waaaay up near the top of the map over a lava lake, but any Y coodinate will do for your own link. If you build a path or bridge of cobble, the ghasts won't be able to blow holes in it. My overland links are usually just cobble blocks with torches to denote the path and stone staircases & bridges.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 04 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2225 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

No, this thing isn't in my general area, though it is connected.

I'm also connected to the nether now; there's a portal beneath the cathedral.
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2226 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, mine too. A ll I've done so far is make a cobble wall tunnel round to the lava lake where I made a portal that comes out at Morgoths cathederal.

I've sort of secured it, but mobs do somehow spawn inside certain boundaries (like round my portal) when I'm not there.

When I've got time I'll start a new path out towards someone elses co-ordinates; feel free to do the same the other way.

My gate co-ords in the nether are.. X -34.81 Z -23.63

This post has been edited by Traveller: 04 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2227 User is offline   Wolfy 

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 04 July 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

You should make a safe path (or at least a marked path) from your nether portal to the portal hub. My nether coords are linked into it, waaaay up near the top of the map over a lava lake, but any Y coodinate will do for your own link. If you build a path or bridge of cobble, the ghasts won't be able to blow holes in it. My overland links are usually just cobble blocks with torches to denote the path and stone staircases & bridges.

Sweet I'll get on that this week sometime.

From memory my nether coords are -165, 20 (positive/negatives could be wrong).

#2228 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

We managed to create a nether link to HiddenOnes HQ last night from my portal. We had to go a lot higher to avoid a lava lake, but I've extended my tower up to meet it.

From the (present) top of my tower, I can see at least two other peoples stone platforms/steps. The steps I think I recognise from going through another gate at some point; I don't know who the stone walkway belongs to... CF maybe?

Either way, we've got some more gates to link up.

Anyone else having trouble with beds? Mine are now only showing the top - the rest is transparent. And, When I respawn, I fall through it about 20 times before I can get out.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2229 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

@ Traveller,

The falling thing I think is server lag. It seems to be much worse since 1.6 and 1.7 came out. If I get some time tonight I'll have a look and see if there's some mod that might help with it. I'm just running a bare server at the moment but I've heard of mods that change the way chunks load and update for players online, as well as changing the server save frequency, with the intention of reducing the load on bandwidth and server RAM.

My 2 portals in the nether both branch off the long corridor attached to the cliffside fort with lava coming out of it. The Castle CF portal is very near the top of the nether world on a stone bridge extending out over a lava lake. The other branches off the same hallway in the opposite direction at nearly the same point, to a coordinate somewhere around 180, 51 if memory serves. The second hallway leads to my remote exploration far to the South of Castle CF.

Within the cliffside fort, there is a staircase going down to ground level that branches off in 4 directions. 2 directions are tunnels, and 1 direction exits directly into the open via double doors and there is a path lit by torches on cobble blocks. It basically follows my exploration path and adventure to get down to lava-lake level when I first went to the nether. It was my intention to put a portal at the end of that path that would lead me someplace far to the North and East of the Castle CF location in the overworld. Not sure exactly where as I haven't gotten around to completing the portal yet.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2230 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:27 AM

@ All

It seems we're now on Server version 1.7.2

which means you'll have to update clients to log on. Server wasn't working properly this morning and possibly last night. I guess the update was the cause.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2231 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

View PostTapper, on 13 October 2010 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostSlippery Jim, on 13 October 2010 - 03:27 PM, said:

OK all,

Since I love you all so much I have set up a Virtual Server with our world on it. Don't ask about the effort involved - let's just say I know more about Linux command line operations than I did before.

The server is 24/7.

The new IP is 109.123.109.13

(If that doesn't work try 109.123.109.13:25565)

Any probs please give me a shout!

Jim

You sir, are a paragon of selflessness whose very behavior ought to inspire future generations.

Have rep :no

This is the last post I see in this thread, but I when I do a reply I can see up to date posts... wtf?

Edit - and now after Posting I can see everything. Odd.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 05 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2232 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

well, that is a long way back.

The forum was giving me some trouble earlier...maybe just a DB error of some kind.

I went for a little sleep at lunch and had a fantastic MC dream that inspired me to create new and great things. Gonna have to get online this weekend for sure.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2233 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:35 AM

View PostTrull, on 13 June 2011 - 11:02 PM, said:

Did you say Obsidian Worm? That's just... I have no words.

Posted Image
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2234 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

View PostWolfy, on 05 July 2011 - 12:41 AM, said:

Wolfy,

Was on for a bit last night and found my portal to the southern excursion had been blocked off on one side and labeled as Wolfy's portal to the Undermountain or somesuch.

I think you may have linked to my southern excursion portal cos when you travel back through it to the overworld, you end up at my southern excursion point ( overworld coords 1500, 500 or so) rather than at your place.

You might need to go in the nether and actually build a new portal at the exact divide-by-eight coords of your undermountain portal to get reliable 2 way travel, otherwise you're going to keep ending up in the middle of nowhere (ie my excursion area)

Your undermountain is basically due south of the spawn right? Or maybe I accidentally found your undermountain thinking the area was unclaimed.

Either way, if you exit your portal area in the nether, you'll find a staircase out the back of it leading up to the main portal hub area now.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2235 User is offline   Wolfy 

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 06 July 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

Wolfy,

Was on for a bit last night and found my portal to the southern excursion had been blocked off on one side and labeled as Wolfy's portal to the Undermountain or somesuch.

I think you may have linked to my southern excursion portal cos when you travel back through it to the overworld, you end up at my southern excursion point ( overworld coords 1500, 500 or so) rather than at your place.

You might need to go in the nether and actually build a new portal at the exact divide-by-eight coords of your undermountain portal to get reliable 2 way travel, otherwise you're going to keep ending up in the middle of nowhere (ie my excursion area)

Your undermountain is basically due south of the spawn right? Or maybe I accidentally found your undermountain thinking the area was unclaimed.

Either way, if you exit your portal area in the nether, you'll find a staircase out the back of it leading up to the main portal hub area now.

Haha yeah you can ignore that sillyness, I haven't had time to get on and clear it up. :no

That was where my first nether portal exited before I'd orientated myself and worked out where it went I initially thought it was mine sorry. My own properly linked portal is not far from it, I planned to clean that all up but I've been busy this week sorry. :p

#2236 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostWolfy, on 06 July 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 06 July 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

Wolfy,

Haha yeah you can ignore that sillyness, I haven't had time to get on and clear it up. :no

That was where my first nether portal exited before I'd orientated myself and worked out where it went I initially thought it was mine sorry. My own properly linked portal is not far from it, I planned to clean that all up but I've been busy this week sorry. :p

No problem man. Figured you might have been confused about why your portal wasn't going to the right place. I cleaned it up a bit anyway and removed the wall blocking access.

You should link to that location with a well marked path in the nether then. I put up signs in the portal hub saying your place is along that path anyway.

Man, you use up a lot of torches in the nether. effing ghasts destroy the damn things all the time. I would love it if there was an easier way to kill them. It can be done but it takes a super long time and arrows miss a lot.

EDIT

@ ALL

SERVER IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE AT 1PM EASTERN TIME TOMORROW, JULY 8.

I will probably shut it down around noon Eastern Time and back up the world file (just in case) and then do my best to restart it promptly after the maintenance is complete. If you can't get online, that's why.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 06 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2237 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

Wow, was touring around in the Nether last night and found Morgoth, HOs and Traveller's portal hub. I made an overland walkway off the top level of HO's (I think it's his...maybe travelers) to connect back to the cliffside fort. I suppose someday I'll wall it all in, but for now there's a safeish well-lit walkway connecting the two.

I also was doing some serious lightstone mining. I can't say I agree with Notch making it so easy to get. It was kinda more fun when it was a precious resource. Now you can make tons of glowstone blocks with very little effort and it makes trips out into the nether kinda trivial. Anyways, when touring around I was able to find a bunch of glowstone under ledges. I thought it only kinda spawned up top, but there is some serious low-hanging fruit out there if you make a bit of effort to find it.

I also got a request for a fellow named ESP to join. He just joined the forum yesterday and I thought he might be a buddy of somebody's on here. I didn't give him the login info and said I would relent if he had somebody more senior to vouch for him. Lemme know if you know the guy.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2238 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

I don't know the fellow. Best be careful, seeing as there have been people saying there stuff has gone missing recently (gunner, HO). Was hoping the whitelist would have stopped the griefing. Maybe it is just the game instability or something. Not saying this ESP fellow is going to do anything like that, but you never know.

#2239 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

I got a couple other grief reports.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot I can do. I haven't the time to be online and police the server and I don't know if there really is anything that could reasonably track player positions or anything like that....and not that that would prove anything anyway unless one player was in convenient locations during the periods of time griefing was reported.

I mean, whitelist may be totally easy to defeat. I have no idea. I could always resort to the spawn prison idea, ie make an inescapable zone out of bedrock blocks where players actually need to come online at the same time as a mod to be teleported out. That's what public servers do to curtail griefing anyway.

I can see about changing the IP perhaps?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2240 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

so what are these grief reports?