• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2201 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 29 June 2011 - 12:55 PM, said:

I am also out at the Js and am not sure how to get home. will have to mine enough to get a compass and head back adventure styles

Also, was able to make a stable nether portal connecting to the fort in the cliffside (the one with lava pouring out the front). If you go from that fort up the stairs and down the looooong 3 block wide corridor and hang your first right, you'll see a bridge heading out over the abyss. At the end is a portal that connects reliably to Castle CF.

After reading on minepedia, I finally understand how they work (and how the divide by 8 thing works too). Portals track to the closest possible one when traveling in either direction.

• Just look up the overworld coords of your portal by using F3.
  • Divide x and z by 8.
  • Portal to the nether either through your own or somebody else's portal.
  • Tunnel or walk to your the divided-by-8 x and z coords (y doesn't matter too much).
  • Build a portal at that location in the nether.
Now your nether portal will reliably track to the nearest overworld portal (your nether coords multiplied by 8) and 2 way travel is enabled. The game will simply track to an already-established nether portal if it is within 128 blocks of your divided-by-8 coordinates...and likewise will always track to the closest overworld portal when you return from the nether. That's how we all kept ending up at Kanubis'. We were all within range of his original nether portal when using our overworld portals for travel TO the nether....but when traveling FROM the nether, that portal always tracked back to his place. Building a portal while in the nether at the correct coords is the only way to ensure that your overworld and nether portals are as close as they possibly can be to each other. NEAT!

Now if I can just figure out a way to keep pigmen from spawning I'll complete the high speed nether link for instant travel to Kanubis'.

It really is fast travel. What was easily 5 min of travel via skybridge (even with booster rails) becomes a 1min jaunt in the nether through a couple of tunnels. Neato. If everybody made a reliable 2 way portal we could start making our travel hub in the nether.

Hm. Tried this last night. Went through, came out of random portal in nether, then set out to find co-ordinates. I kind of ignored 'y', as you said it didn't matter.

Well, I built a new portal, went through - and came out of the portal under Morgoths church. Went back through, and came out of the same one in the nether!

Managed to get back into nether to give this another go, and ended up coming out of the one on the beach.

On the plus side, I seem to be crossing the map very quickly, and checking out everyone elses home portals. The down side is that not one of my trips actually got me back home.

It's like goddamn Quantum Leap.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 30 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2202 User is offline   Pathfinder 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

J is for Jartich
As for the wall leading to the sky my theory is busted.

#2203 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

View PostTraveller, on 30 June 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

I am also out at the Js and am not sure how to get home. will have to mine enough to get a compass and head back adventure styles

Also, was able to make a stable nether portal connecting to the fort in the cliffside (the one with lava pouring out the front). If you go from that fort up the stairs and down the looooong 3 block wide corridor and hang your first right, you'll see a bridge heading out over the abyss. At the end is a portal that connects reliably to Castle CF.

After reading on minepedia, I finally understand how they work (and how the divide by 8 thing works too). Portals track to the closest possible one when traveling in either direction.

• Divide x and z by 8.
  • Tunnel or walk to your the divided-by-8 x and z coords (y doesn't matter too much).
Now your nether portal will reliably track to the nearest overworld portal (your nether coords multiplied by 8) and 2 way travel is enabled. The game will simply track to an already-established nether portal if it is within 128 blocks of your divided-by-8 coordinates...and likewise will always track to the closest overworld portal when you return from the nether. That's how we all kept ending up at Kanubis'. We were all within range of his original nether portal when using our overworld portals for travel TO the nether....but when traveling FROM the nether, that portal always tracked back to his place. Building a portal while in the nether at the correct coords is the only way to ensure that your overworld and nether portals are as close as they possibly can be to each other. NEAT!

Now if I can just figure out a way to keep pigmen from spawning I'll complete the high speed nether link for instant travel to Kanubis'.

It really is fast travel. What was easily 5 min of travel via skybridge (even with booster rails) becomes a 1min jaunt in the nether through a couple of tunnels. Neato. If everybody made a reliable 2 way portal we could start making our travel hub in the nether.

Hm. Tried this last night. Went through, came out of random portal in nether, then set out to find co-ordinates. I kind of ignored 'y', as you said it didn't matter.

Well, I built a new portal, went through - and came out of the portal under Morgoths church. Went back through, and came out of the same one in the nether!

Managed to get back into nether to give this another go, and ended up coming out of the one on the beach.

On the plus side, I seem to be crossing the map very quickly, and checking out everyone elses home portals. The down side is that not one of my trips actually got me back home.

Trick is you need to build a portal in both locations. your desired coords in the overworld (like near your base) and then the divide-by-eight coords in the nether. That ensures both portals are as near as possible to each other and that they will reliably link to one another.

If you simply build a portal at the divide-by-eight coords in the nether and try to use it, the game will only generate an overworld portal in the correct spot if there is no other portal in range...which can be as much as 1024 blocks away....I believe this is how I kept ending up chez Kanubis regardless of which main-area portal I was using.

To get my reliable link, I built my overworld portal at Castle CF, then went out to Kanubis' sky farm location (out past apt's dome) which links me to the fort I know in the nether (the one in the wall with lava pouring out the front). Then tunneled within the nether to the divide-by-eight coords corresponding to the Castle CF portal, and built another portal within the nether. Now they travel back and forth to each other perfectly. If I used my Moon Spawn portal right now, I expect I'd end up at the Castle CF portal within the nether, but when I return from the nether it will spit me back at castle CF rather than Moon Spawn. See what I mean?

The only way it gets screwed up is if you build 2 overworld portals closer than 8 blocks apart. At that point, both are technically "closest" in terms of range and the game won't reliably port to a specific one.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2204 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

View PostPathfinder, on 30 June 2011 - 01:45 AM, said:

J's,... oh those J's, seems like i've been found

@ obligatore sorry i was lazy and made no effort to get back up to the skybridge there is however a ladder a short 30sec walk along the bridge , also if your bed is placed touching or too close to a wall the mobs can jump in somehow.

I was also out at your J's with Obdigore, trying to help him get oriented. I really like the dome out there...you've got a nice building style.

To get to my new valley I hiked quite a ways south of your dome and then a ways east. I was trying to figure out where the heck I was on the overhead map but can't figure out even where your dome was.

So where is your dome in relation to the main area or some other known point of reference?

You ever going to finish that pyramid next door to Castle CF? It looks awesome but needs a bottom layer

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 30 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2205 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

HEY!!!!

1.7 came out about 1/2 hour ago.

I'm backing up and updating the server right now. Should be good to go as of 10-20 minutes from posting this. I also will be away for the weekend and won't be able to update anything, so I would recommend setting your clients not to update beyond 1.7 unless you see any different on here.

minepedia said:

New Bugs

• Pushing leaves with a piston causes the game to crash.
  • Right clicking sheep while holding nothing causes the game to crash.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 30 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2206 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

Awesome.

I need to find a way to have Giant Wooden doors (like 3-4 blocks tall and 2-3 blocks wide) for the entrance to my maze.

Also @CF, if you look at the last right turn on the skybridge to Y'gatan, the one out in the middle of the water directly west from 'civilization', sw of that is that snow/mountain rage... go SW of that and that is where he is. If you head way south of that, it is where I am. Maybe someone could pull a new map file and post it out here for viewing pleasure? You should be able to see the beginnings of my compound by now.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 30 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2207 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

Tull's son handles the map renders. If you PM him nicely he might put up a new one. I just posted the most recent backup on my FTP.

If anybody else wants access to that FTP so you can play with the map files, please PM me to get the login and password. I certainly don't mind giving out the login to our server users....I just don't want to post it in the public forum.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2208 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

I can't get into the server now.. perhaps there was an update between the 1.7 and now?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2209 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

Yes, looks like there was already a rapid-fire patch to the server software. We are now at 1.7_01

dunno if that is going to change more throughout the day. I'll try to keep an eye on it throughout the day and this evening.

Please post on here if you have any more trouble.

EDIT will also do my best to pop online this weekend and do an update if necessary.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 30 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2210 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

This post has been edited by Galain: 30 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

#2211 User is offline   Pathfinder 

• Recruit

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

my dome branches off the skybridge to y"ghatan directly west of moon spawn your castle the main area really

i am going to finish the pyramid but need a change of scenery for a bit

#2212 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

I'll get that map up sometime this weekend. Any one want to see a closeup of a certain location with the map?

#2213 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:20 PM

maybe a closeup of some of the newer areas...the main is pretty static now, but there's good development to the south around Morgoth's and near Pathfinder's new dome and probably some work being done in the north by Darkwatch and his friend Noirtotem.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2214 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

Looking forward to playing some MC tonight, I already have some plans for pistons ;)

#2215 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

oh man.. pistons will be awesome
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2216 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:35 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 30 June 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 30 June 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

• Divide x and z by 8.

Trick is you need to build a portal in both locations. your desired coords in the overworld (like near your base) and then the divide-by-eight coords in the nether. That ensures both portals are as near as possible to each other and that they will reliably link to one another.

If you simply build a portal at the divide-by-eight coords in the nether and try to use it, the game will only generate an overworld portal in the correct spot if there is no other portal in range...which can be as much as 1024 blocks away....I believe this is how I kept ending up chez Kanubis regardless of which main-area portal I was using.

To get my reliable link, I built my overworld portal at Castle CF, then went out to Kanubis' sky farm location (out past apt's dome) which links me to the fort I know in the nether (the one in the wall with lava pouring out the front). Then tunneled within the nether to the divide-by-eight coords corresponding to the Castle CF portal, and built another portal within the nether. Now they travel back and forth to each other perfectly. If I used my Moon Spawn portal right now, I expect I'd end up at the Castle CF portal within the nether, but when I return from the nether it will spit me back at castle CF rather than Moon Spawn. See what I mean?

The only way it gets screwed up is if you build 2 overworld portals closer than 8 blocks apart. At that point, both are technically "closest" in terms of range and the game won't reliably port to a specific one.

Ah, success. After coming out of Morgoths portal again, I went back in and started again. It works now anyway. I have left a bit of an untidy trail of gates in my mission though, which I will clean up at some point.

Since I activated a new portal, Morgoth now comes out at a different place - but I can keep the gate deactivated until I use it if you prefer the jump to Kanubis' beach.

Meanwhile I'm securing the gates netherside, so you don't just exit in a lava lake surrounded by ghasts, which is pretty much how it is now.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 01 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2217 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

Anyone mind if I make a maze with deadly (and not so deadly) traps? I will build a giant skull above it and have signs up telling people that it is a deadly maze... I might even make a house in the entrance that you could leave your stuff if you need to.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2218 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

I'll make a giant '!' (exclamation mark) in the sky above "My chosen land" and if any one spots it, let me know if I am too close to any one's own "chosen Land" before I get to dedicated to the whole ordeal.

Not the best looking exclamation mark I've ever seen, but It'll do. so yeah. I'm fairly certain I wont be under any ones feet at all. Happy Mining!

-Sammehmander

This post has been edited by Sammehmander Rake: 02 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#2219 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

Here's a map of all explored regions. Slanted, isometric. North is the top left of the picture. I'll have some closeups done later on.

Spoiler

#2220 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

At Messremb's request, here is the current contents of the whitelist with Malaz forum names in brackets if it's different from the Malaz name. Apologies if I don't remember them all, but you can chime in on the ones I miss.

• hermanbarman
  • katazza (Darkwatch)
  • hiddenone
  • avianchaos
  • sabre_ur
  • sirkus24 (Morgoth's bro's friend)
  • kkjsoerensen (Aptorian)
  • rayluxuryyacht (Raymond Luxury Yacht)
  • hodor
  • adjutant_stormy
  • arkanaxii
  • obdigore
  • sammehsamurai (Sammehmander Rake)
  • kanubis
  • cerveza_fiesta
  • oftenshadow (Morgoth's bro)
  • psychokiwi (Shiara's buddy)
  • tappermalaz (Tapper)
  • greenpig (Green jade hog....whatever the hell he called himself that week)
  • gunner507 (Pathfinder's buddy from school)
  • oftenmorgoth (Morgoth)
  • slipperyjim
  • jartich (Pathfinder)
  • oftenkollis (Morgoth's maybe bro, maybe bro's buddy)
  • shiaraxatel (Shiara)
  • me2sekc4u
  • cocoreturns
  • sthoupos
  • hmqb (High Mage QUick Ben)
  • esgunslinger
  • malaztraveller
  • noirtotem (Darkwatch's Buddy)
  • adb2aber (Messremb)
  • wolfyau (Wolfy)
  • rhulad
  • arella (D'rek)
  • bent
EDIT

Added some names that I remembered and corrected who requested the list.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 04 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic