• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2161 User is offline   Pathfinder 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

PVP is turned on I thought .Had an interesting encounter with a couple of ghasts the other night , they fired their explosive balls towards me and did no damage to me or my structures in the nether other than netherrack. Wasn't sure if they were bugged. I shouldnt complain though.

#2162 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

It was a bright beautiful sunny day, I stepped outside my newly erected hut, sword at the ready. "slurrp slurrp slurrp" wheres that spider? Jumps at me from the roof, as 2 creepers.. creep up on me causing a double detonation blowing me, the spider. and half my humble abode to smithereens. quiet glad I had built a bed the night before and slept fitfully.

thus is life in minecraft.

edit: I decided to see if MC ran any better on other PC's in the house, I'm currently playing on my sisters old dodgy Laptop, and its running smoother with zero fps drops at all. albeit it caps at around 30 fps on lowest settings, whereas my gaming rig stays around 60fps, but drops down to 1 or so, every 5 seconds. there's something up with that.. need to find out what. >.<

This post has been edited by Sammehmander Rake: 25 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#2163 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:41 AM

Recently played some minecraft. Game looks like it would be pretty interesting playing with a bunch of people. Prolly gonna buy it soon and maybe mess around in the malazan server if invited or however this stuff works.
No Touchy.

#2164 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:46 AM

Ask CF for the go ahead. You then get whitelisted, and you're good to go.

#2165 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Also you have to give rep to everybody that has been here before you as a tradition.:lol:
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2166 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

View PostPathfinder, on 24 June 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

PVP is turned on I thought .Had an interesting encounter with a couple of ghasts the other night , they fired their explosive balls towards me and did no damage to me or my structures in the nether other than netherrack. Wasn't sure if they were bugged. I shouldnt complain though.

Ghast fireballs don't damage many things. Cobblestone is impervious, for example.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2167 User is offline   Pathfinder 

• Recruit

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

yeah i went back to the nether and they did hurt if they were direct, must have been a bug,

#2168 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:14 AM

Something amazing happened. I somehow fixed my FPS lag spike problem. at least I think so. I went into my ATI catalyst control panel. fiddled around with the settings there. turned of AI and put all sliders to performance instead of quality, booted minecraft. was running smoother than ever, at 500FPS on tiny render. I put it to far render distance and it stayed on a steady 80-100fps with not a single lag spike. so then i went back to the catalyst control panel. and put all the settings back up to Quality and turned AI back on. and vuala.. its still running smooth as pie.. a smooth pie that is! I'll keep an eye on how things run. woo!

(NOTE) I've also got game booster running, and I set JAVA to high priority in the task bar, along with setting a partition in my RAM allocated to chunk building. seems to be working smooth in online mode too.

-Sam

This post has been edited by Sammehmander Rake: 26 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#2169 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:30 AM

Does anyone know who the buildings due South of the water dome belong to? My sky bridge is running along a line likely to pass very close by (or in the case of the wooden tower pass through) and I was wondering if they had any preferences as to how I went around them?

I may make this question irrelevant by doglegging to the first corner to the right of the dome but would be nice to know anyway. If anyone with mod privelages would like to pass on to me about 1700 rail or glass sections I'll get cracking with making the trip slightly easier at the end of next week.

What programs were used to make those map images does anyone know?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2170 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

probably mine. If there's a white and black building on top of a mountain just next to the wooden tower?

The wooden tower belongs to some guy who's not anymore. I expect I'll torch it at some point as it's a bit of an eyesore. If you don't mind I'd prefer you to build the bridge to the other side of the tower in relation to my base.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2171 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

View PostMessremb, on 26 June 2011 - 09:30 AM, said:

Does anyone know who the buildings due South of the water dome belong to? My sky bridge is running along a line likely to pass very close by (or in the case of the wooden tower pass through) and I was wondering if they had any preferences as to how I went around them? I may make this question irrelevant by doglegging to the first corner to the right of the dome but would be nice to know anyway. If anyone with mod privelages would like to pass on to me about 1700 rail or glass sections I'll get cracking with making the trip slightly easier at the end of next week.What programs were used to make those map images does anyone know?

The program used to get those maps is called Cartograph G. Very easy to use. To make a map of the server you'll need the save file from CF, then add it to your saves in MC. Then you can render to your heart's desire in a number of different styles.

#2172 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

Yep. there's a MC FTP login on our server for anybody who wants to dick around with the map files. I back up weekly (or close to it) and dump the file in the backup login's account.

Same IP, all you need is the password and login...just PM me for it.

@Lama,

When you decide to buy just PM me for login and IP info.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2173 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

Purchase of the minecrafts complete.
No Touchy.

#2174 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

I was a little annoyed the other evening to find someone had been randomly tunnelling in and around my mountain :p

#2175 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

IT happens when two people are located not too far away from each other. Apt and I have mining tunnels intersecting all over the place at our old castles.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2176 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

View PostWolfy, on 27 June 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

I was a little annoyed the other evening to find someone had been randomly tunnelling in and around my mountain :p

It may have been a very old tunnel that you just happened to find now as well. Personally, I'm planning on moving my mine site WAY out from the main area, like in the fringe territories past Ygatan. It's the only way to make sure you get virgin mineral resources. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it too much, or just block it off or re-route the old tunnel around your own tunnel (or vice versa), covering up the hole aesthetically with solid stone. You'll never even remember it was there within a day.

Just don't get annoyed...if we start getting bent out of shape over petty territorial squabbles then the server will stop being fun. Just accommodate and move on.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2177 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

me2sekc4u = Demon Llama
Obdigore

Both have been added to the whitelist and have been given the server rules / info list.

I think the start location materials might be depleted too...if any mods have the time or inclination I'd appreciate it if you could slap some pics, bows and arrows in there, or at least provide the same if you see one of the new players online. I haven't had a lot of time to play lately, so the starter chests are a little bare.

EDIT

Short outage this morning to update some shit on the server. All fixed now.

notch said:

Me and Jens have been independently working on stuff for the adventure update, and it’s been growing in scope as we’ve been working on it. That means it will take quite some time to finish, but that it will hopefully change the game a lot to the better. To prevent going too far between updates, we’ve decided to release Pistons early.

That means 1.7 will be released soon, containing only pistons and probably a couple of bug fixes. The adventure update will take however long it takes, and will be released as 1.8. It might be a long wait, but it will be worth it!

After 1.8, we’ll have to start crunching for the full release in November. That includes finishing up the mod api, improving stability and performance, adding supporting features like friends lists and a proper server browser, integrating singleplayer and multiplayer, and most importantly fleshing out the gameplay.

The release date is almost certainly changed to sometime the week after 11/11/11, and we’re working hard on setting that up. We want to make a big spectacle out of the release where we involve fans and celebrate it properly.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 28 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2178 User is offline   Wolfy 

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 28 June 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

View PostWolfy, on 27 June 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

It may have been a very old tunnel that you just happened to find now as well. Personally, I'm planning on moving my mine site WAY out from the main area, like in the fringe territories past Ygatan. It's the only way to make sure you get virgin mineral resources. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it too much, or just block it off or re-route the old tunnel around your own tunnel (or vice versa), covering up the hole aesthetically with solid stone. You'll never even remember it was there within a day.

Just don't get annoyed...if we start getting bent out of shape over petty territorial squabbles then the server will stop being fun. Just accommodate and move on.

Oh I don't mean I stumbled onto someones workings that I wouldn't get annoyed about, I mean that someone hacked away at work. Its one thing to mine a resource you see visible while travelling but to go into someones mountain and actively make tunnels seeking ore in the middle of a construction and then not even patching them up? That's why I was annoyed.

No sense dwelling on it though, I just hope whoever it was has moved on

#2179 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

I see...that is weird.

Looks like it wasn't malicious anyway. I mean, if it were griefing, you'd have a lot less small holes and a lot more lava to deal with.

I agree, just put a patch on it and move on. Before I set up my permanent structures I used to tunnel through mountains here and there (way back) to find coal and stuff like that. Possibly you have the same issue. Is your house pretty small? Maybe somebody just didn't see it? Adding a big beacon or a huge floating W covered in torches on top of your mountain is a good way to lay claim until your castle / fort / whatever is built.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2180 User is offline   Wolfy 

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Oh no you'd know you were there, aside from the ring of torches all around the mountain top the entrance is a large designed tunnel with a minetrack you couldn't stumble into it unknowingly even if blind :p

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users