• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2121 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:38 AM

What do you have to do get white listed nowadays?

It seems my lag problem is some phenomena known as G.L.S.O.D (Giant Lag Spike Of Death) there is currently no known fix. but it effects mainly offline mode, and why has my font become bold? anywho. I set up my own server to see if it was any different, I still got the lag spikes. but I also partitioned a new drive directly off my Ram to divert my saves and package data too. and that really boosted the speed and performance, and it made the lag spikes a bit less frequent. but because my server is local I was thinking the lag spikes might still be internal from that, any chance I'll be able to jump on the main server to see if it still effects me from there? and hopefully the terrible server lag I use to experience has been nullified as well.. (here's to hoping)

SammehSAMURAI is my MC screen name.

-cheers Sammehmander over and out.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#2122 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

Ah, it's nice to see some development starting to show around the cathedral. Alas, it seems I've only made my south bound mine shaft a third of the length it needs to be to reach new territory.

I might put that on hold for a little and focusing on building a proper inn.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2123 User is offline   gunner507 

• Recruit

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

Someone raided my farm and took all my crops. I do not really care who did it since I have the seed to regrow them. HOWEVER, please ask or leave a sign saying you took them.

#2124 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

gunner507, on 19 June 2011 - 05:01 AM, said:

Someone raided my farm and took all my crops. I do not really care who did it since I have the seed to regrow them. HOWEVER, please ask or leave a sign saying you took them.

Doesn't sound like something any of us on server would do... Maybe the mobs ran around in your crops. They do get destroyed if they're walked on. If this occurred, I think there would be some random crops sticking up here and there.

When did this happen (When were you last online, and the last time you saw the crops?)? I would think that the whitelist would have stopped the griefing. If ALL of them are gone, this sounds like a theft or could be griefing.

#2125 User is offline   gunner507 

• Recruit

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:34 AM

let see the last time i was on, well as i type this i m playing. Before i found out, the last time i checked my farm was 5 hours ago. So in that 5 hours period, someone raided my farm. I know about mobs walking on the crops and destroying them. But if you take a look at my farm, its quite secure. SINCE mobs would walk in a random partner there would be some crops missing RIGHT? But my farm ALL the crops are gone. NOT to mention I know because someone took one of the 3 boats that i had docked off my port.

This post has been edited by gunner507: 19 June 2011 - 05:37 AM

#2126 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:10 AM

Personally I sometimes sneak raid peoples crops while out exploring, but I always leave the stocks, since the crop will grow back in 15 minutes.

#2127 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:08 AM

I believe unattended boats eventually despawn?
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2128 User is offline   gunner507 

• Recruit

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

anyways i m just annoyed that my place was raided, thats all

This post has been edited by gunner507: 19 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

#2129 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

gunner507, on 19 June 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

anyways i m just annoyed that my place was raided, thats all

I've been on for the past 90 minutes or so, and saw no-one online except a quick in-and-out by you - so we can narrow the timeframe a tiny bit.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2130 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

weird. I dunno who would raid and steal all the crops.

Keep an eye on stuff as usual everyone. Unfortunately there's not really much to be done since we don't really have any way to police things or track movements of players online.

I would be more inclined to suspect something innocent like huge server lag somehow resetting the chunk upon which you planted (it used to happen to me before the MP server was more stable).

Also, no mobs will spawn if a player is not in the area. In fact, the server doesn't even load those chunks into memory unless there is a player present in that area....so random mob destruction isn't very likely.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 20 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2131 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

Sadly my wonderful southern wilderness has been scared by someones giant stone walkway in the sky.... so I guess hi whoever's doing that :apt2:

#2132 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

I found the best-looking natural cave entrance yesterday. Check it:

Spoiler

Near pefectly rounded, deep angle, comes out in a slight hill in the land - that is a sexy, sexy cave entrance :apt2:

This post has been edited by D'rek: 20 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2133 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Wolfy, on 20 June 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

Sadly my wonderful southern wilderness has been scared by someones giant stone walkway in the sky.... so I guess hi whoever's doing that :lol:

If you're in the south then it's probably morgoth connecting up to other skybridge points. It's all good though, you want to be on that thing. Build a booster track and then you're connected to the rest of us and we can come check out your awesome buildings!

@Drek

Very sexy indeed.

I would put a torch in that hole any time.

I'd mine the depths of that pit anytime

I'd ram my pick into that cave anytime

Make sure you wear protection if you're going deep!

No innuendo intended of course
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2134 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

Oh, and added Sammehmander

His name is sammehsamurai if you see him online.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2135 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:50 PM

Sorry bout the triple post....but not really. Triple posting FTW.

Here is the current version of the rules and info I've been posting to new users just so everybody is in the know and up to date. I can add or remove from it as you suggest.

Hi Sammeh. I just whitelisted you. Here is the copy paste of the rules and info if you haven't see it before. Can't remember who all received this.

me said:

DDD.CCC.BBB.AAA is the IP. Just slap that in the little window that pops up after you click Multiplayer in the MC login window.

We don't have a lot of rules or anything crazy like that. Basic info and rules are :

• Even though I happen to be communicating via the official malaz forums, this minecraft server is 100% private invite-only and not affiliated with the official malaz brand in any way whatsoever.
  • there are some starter materials near the spawn location. Just follow the signs. We had a bit of a grief attack a few weeks back and things are more or less normal again.
  • Operators (and moderators) are cerveza_fiesta, kkjsoerensen, MalazTraveller, HiddenOne, Kanubis, Arella and Hermanbarman. All of those guys & girl are old-timers and know the server well. They can help you get started, oriented or help you recover loot if a glitch dumps your inventory or something (it happens a bit in multiplayer) and are all a bit antsy lately because of the grief attack. Be sure to at least respond if they say hi because they might not recognize your name and try to ban you or something.
  • Any server troubles should be directed to me via PM (like this one). I have access to the white-lists, ban lists, server interface and all that other good stuff. I have been trying to train Apt to do the same (kkjsoerensen) but I don't know if he's taken the time to mess around with it yet.
  • Respect others' space. Most of us like to build big sprawling above-ground projects. If the area you want is too close to another project, just move over to the next hill / island. There's literally a whole world to choose from and nearly infinite space to explore.
  • No stealing stuff. Most of us have decent-sized stockpiles of everything and don't mind freely giving you diamonds, gold or anything else you need...but just ask first so nobody gets mad.
  • No messing with other peoples' constructions. Nobody cares if you tour their fort....but don't go building up dirt towers or breaking blocks all over the place.
  • Sky bridge (you'll see it) connects most of the nearby points of interest. It's a good safe way to get around near the spawn location. After that you're on your own.
  • no fire near the giant tree.
  • no fire near the giant tree

In the MINECRAFT thread here on the forum, within the last 2ish pages we have a picture posted of the nearby known world. You can use that to orient yourself and decide where you might like to set up.

That's about it. I know if you go south (opposite the direction of the clouds' momvement) there's still quite a bit of free space without going too far away. If you want to head out into the great unknown, there ain't a dang thing stopping you. Make sure you construct a bed to change your spawn location otherwise you'll keep spawning at the starter location and will have a long walk back home each time.

Also, what have the mods been doing lately with spawning of materials? I've been freely giving replacement pics and little bonuses to folks online here and there at random. I've also been pretty liberal with spawning myself mundane things like cobblestone. Pretty much my rule has been "if I have to search for it or use a workbench to make it, it then its off limits for spawning....except picks" which basically rules out everything except the mundane minables like dirt and cobble. And even that is only when I'm building a major project. I never spawn wood or sand or anything else that requires more effort than dirt or cobble. I also don't spawn any kind of material in the nether or when I'm out adventuring.

I dunno, my stance is a "with discretion" type of stance. I did all of moon spawn and about 75% of Castle CF without spawning any items of any kind so it really doesn't hurt my enjoyment to spawn a few cobbles here and there in order to maximize my usable time (since I have so little time on the server these days). At the same time, I understand the "no spawning anything ever" stance and can see where a hard and fast rule is better so things don't get out of control and so that larger projects (and the amount of work associated with them) aren't trivialized. I mean, I don't care that I spawned 25% of the cobble bricks in Castle CF...the enjoyment for me is in the design and execution rather than the sheer amount of work. For somebody like Jartich who mined all the dirt his whole pyramid, I can understand that he might be annoyed a bit.

Is everybody pretty much happy with the way things are going now or have any complaints about the way things are being run? I don't mind changing rules so everybody enjoys things a little more. Of course I have no control over what the operators do with their powers and have no intention of revoking operator status for anyone. We're a small enough group that we can come to a consensus I think.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2136 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:29 PM

I am happy. just sayin'.

#2137 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

cerveza_fiesta, on 20 June 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

Sorry bout the triple post....but not really. Triple posting FTW.

Here is the current version of the rules and info I've been posting to new users just so everybody is in the know and up to date. I can add or remove from it as you suggest.

Hi Sammeh. I just whitelisted you. Here is the copy paste of the rules and info if you haven't see it before. Can't remember who all received this.

me said:

DDD.CCC.BBB.AAA is the IP. Just slap that in the little window that pops up after you click Multiplayer in the MC login window.

We don't have a lot of rules or anything crazy like that. Basic info and rules are :

• Even though I happen to be communicating via the official malaz forums, this minecraft server is 100% private invite-only and not affiliated with the official malaz brand in any way whatsoever.
  • there are some starter materials near the spawn location. Just follow the signs. We had a bit of a grief attack a few weeks back and things are more or less normal again.
  • Operators (and moderators) are cerveza_fiesta, kkjsoerensen, MalazTraveller, HiddenOne, Kanubis, Arella and Hermanbarman. All of those guys & girl are old-timers and know the server well. They can help you get started, oriented or help you recover loot if a glitch dumps your inventory or something (it happens a bit in multiplayer) and are all a bit antsy lately because of the grief attack. Be sure to at least respond if they say hi because they might not recognize your name and try to ban you or something.
  • Any server troubles should be directed to me via PM (like this one). I have access to the white-lists, ban lists, server interface and all that other good stuff. I have been trying to train Apt to do the same (kkjsoerensen) but I don't know if he's taken the time to mess around with it yet.
  • Respect others' space. Most of us like to build big sprawling above-ground projects. If the area you want is too close to another project, just move over to the next hill / island. There's literally a whole world to choose from and nearly infinite space to explore.
  • No stealing stuff. Most of us have decent-sized stockpiles of everything and don't mind freely giving you diamonds, gold or anything else you need...but just ask first so nobody gets mad.
  • No messing with other peoples' constructions. Nobody cares if you tour their fort....but don't go building up dirt towers or breaking blocks all over the place.
  • Sky bridge (you'll see it) connects most of the nearby points of interest. It's a good safe way to get around near the spawn location. After that you're on your own.
  • no fire near the giant tree.

In the MINECRAFT thread here on the forum, within the last 2ish pages we have a picture posted of the nearby known world. You can use that to orient yourself and decide where you might like to set up.

That's about it. I know if you go south (opposite the direction of the clouds' momvement) there's still quite a bit of free space without going too far away. If you want to head out into the great unknown, there ain't a dang thing stopping you. Make sure you construct a bed to change your spawn location otherwise you'll keep spawning at the starter location and will have a long walk back home each time.

Also, what have the mods been doing lately with spawning of materials? I've been freely giving replacement pics and little bonuses to folks online here and there at random. I've also been pretty liberal with spawning myself mundane things like cobblestone. Pretty much my rule has been "if I have to search for it or use a workbench to make it, it then its off limits for spawning....except picks" which basically rules out everything except the mundane minables like dirt and cobble. And even that is only when I'm building a major project. I never spawn wood or sand or anything else that requires more effort than dirt or cobble. I also don't spawn any kind of material in the nether or when I'm out adventuring.

I dunno, my stance is a "with discretion" type of stance. I did all of moon spawn and about 75% of Castle CF without spawning any items of any kind so it really doesn't hurt my enjoyment to spawn a few cobbles here and there in order to maximize my usable time (since I have so little time on the server these days). At the same time, I understand the "no spawning anything ever" stance and can see where a hard and fast rule is better so things don't get out of control and so that larger projects (and the amount of work associated with them) aren't trivialized. I mean, I don't care that I spawned 25% of the cobble bricks in Castle CF...the enjoyment for me is in the design and execution rather than the sheer amount of work. For somebody like Jartich who mined all the dirt his whole pyramid, I can understand that he might be annoyed a bit.

Is everybody pretty much happy with the way things are going now or have any complaints about the way things are being run? I don't mind changing rules so everybody enjoys things a little more. Of course I have no control over what the operators do with their powers and have no intention of revoking operator status for anyone. We're a small enough group that we can come to a consensus I think.

Rules look good to me, no changes to suggest.

As far as mod-spawning goes, I don't spawn anything for my main project (ie the lava tower) unless it is replacing something I lost in a glitch-death, same as I would for any other player (and even with lava everywhere I've only been glitched into the lava by respawning blocks twice now). But, I have been more liberal about it in some side research projects: for example, when testing out how the portals were warping around I got killed by ghasts a few times and respawned myself armor, bows and arrows or else I'd never have gotten it done, that sort of thing. I don't feel bad about spawning some mundane materials to check out a design or make an initial basis on a new project, but generally I think most of the materials of any major solo project should be gathered by mundane labour. Spawning tools, like diamond picks to help with it I see no problem with since we're offering them for free at spawn anyways. For community-wide projects, like the skyway, I see no problem with spawning the materials for it for players to use because it's benefitting the whole server. And lastly, I like that we've generally been okay with spawning people rarer stuff that might not be obtainable in large quantities like TNT or water/lava source blocks because those are fun dimensions to the game that would not otherwise be present if we didn't spawn them!

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2138 User is offline   Pathfinder 

• Recruit

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:03 AM

Hey everyone, Jart here.

Over the weekend i got bored and tried to make a zoomable and more detailed version of the map using tectonicus. It rendered fine and looks wonderful however I dont know how to share this bit of wonder with you all . It is an .HTML file and is quite large and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to accomplish this.

#2139 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:12 AM

Hmm, html would probably have to be hosted somewhere online. I know I have a place to host stuff (well, that I can ask to host stuff), but idk about you.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2140 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:14 AM

Adjutant Stormy, on 21 June 2011 - 03:12 AM, said:

Hmm, html would probably have to be hosted somewhere online. I know I have a place to host stuff (well, that I can ask to host stuff), but idk about you.

But if you had somewhere to host it, he could give you the .html file and you could upload and host it...

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

21 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users