• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2021 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

I built a new portal to the nether very far away from any others over at Castle CF. Predictably, it spat me back out at the same portal in the nether and then when I passed back through it, I ended up at a beach not far from Kanubis' new place. Previously I'd been popping out at a portal on a floating platform connected to Kanubis'

I emerged from that portal on the beach and there was another one immediately next to it with a single block chipped out of it (presumably to kill the portal there).

I think the "sabotage" may have just been somebody frustrated with the portals always spitting you back into the real world at Kanubis' and they might have just been experimenting with ways to get the portal to re-index to a new location. Just a thought. If it was real sabotage or griefing you'd probably have seen actual damage.

Oh, and if you were wondering Apt, when I was repairing the skybridge through your mountain, I took the liberty of killing the uncontrolled lava fall and replacing glass blocks on your beacon....in case you were wondering why there's cobblestone all over your mountain now. I didn't have time to chip it all away, but will lend a hand with that if you like.

SOOOO

Who's been building in the nether?? I noticed some excavations off the main fort. I did some work on the cliffside fort last night too, expanding a few tunnels and punching a new one off in a previously unexplored direction. I'm not sure what randomly spawns pigmen, but just to be safe, I replaced the whole floor and walls of the fort with cobble. I didn't have any wood for door-making however, so i just have cobble blocks at the entrances right now.

I've also been working on an exploration path where I plan on building a new fort and portal. If you're interested in seeing where it goes, just go down the stairs in the main fort and out into the open. There are cobble blocks with torches on em marking the way and staircases that lead down to lava-level (or close to it). I had to stop building cause of a three-pronged ghast attack last night, but still got quite a bit of it done. I'd eventually like to make the whole thing of cobble to make a base for a booster track.

Anybody know if building a new portal within the nether will map to a totally new location in real-world?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2022 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

View PostBattle Plaptypus, on 31 May 2011 - 07:11 PM, said:

Maybe it was... him.

No possible way. See that last bugfix

world of notch said:

Unless there are any emergency things to fix, I won’t do any more updates before 1.7. Going to E3 on Saturday.

I will be bringing my laptop to do some development, but I won’t be able to do much testing.

ONWARDS TO THE ADVENTURE UPDATE! *holds up sword, poses dramatically*

1.6.6:

+ Added a new use for bonemeal
* Changed the material of glowstone from “glass” to “stone”. This means you need a pickaxe to get resources from it
* Made glowstone drop more loot
* Made the recipe sizes for creating cloth blocks and glowstone blocks smaller (2x2 instead of 3x3)
* Re-introduced unlimited FPS, renamed the option again
* Fixed beds not working very well at all in SMP
* Fixed destroying a boat spawning the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground
* Boats float up to the surface quicker
* Boats falling down into water lose their vertical momentum very fast
* Removed Herobrine

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2023 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

Shadow stumbled into a big hole in the skybridge by Kanubis' place.

Also, I've been doing some minor building in the nether. Though mostly it has been digging all told.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2024 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

I was out that way the other night and fixed a few holes along the way to D'rek's. There's not much damage all told. Just the odd brick here and there.

Then was getting all set to start building the rail extension out there, and fell off his train switching station thing FFS.

Got pissed and quit. My loot was mostly cobblestone and a couple picks anyway.

Shadow may have fallen victim to a chunk error too...I've been seeing those all over the place of late.

In other news, steel armor rules for nether exploration. Totally necessary for ghast hits. With full steel you can survive quite a few direct hits and a bunch of near misses. Just be careful if you're on thin sprigs of netherrack. ghast bombs can destroy them out from underneath you and tumble you into a pit of lava very easily. If you gotta bridge somewhere, do so with cobble.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2025 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 01 June 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

I was out that way the other night and fixed a few holes along the way to D'rek's. There's not much damage all told. Just the odd brick here and there.

Then was getting all set to start building the rail extension out there, and fell off his train switching station thing FFS.

Got pissed and quit. My loot was mostly cobblestone and a couple picks anyway.

I haven't been able to get on without dropping after a minute in a while, but if I can get on I'll go survey mine and Arkana's place for damage/griefing/etc

EDIT: On, and I don't see anything wrong with the rails/stations... did a test run through it all and didn't fall off. What/where/how did you fall off?

This post has been edited by D'rek: 01 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2026 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

Oh, my mistake entirely. Just hopped off an edge thinking I was crouched.

Usually that's a glitch when trying to place a block that disappears as soon as I step on it due to lag, but this time it was definitely my fault.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2027 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:24 AM

Wow, just took another tour around dreks place with the intention of building some tracks.

I did not realize the whole upper floors of that cylinder thing was a highly dangerous lava labyrinth. A LAVARYNTH

Holy shit dude. Thing must have taken ages. Looks very cool though. I am well lost inside it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2028 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

I don't play Minecraft but check this out: http://lo-ping.org/2...craft-to-scale/

Sorry if old.

#2029 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

View PostD, on 29 May 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

View PostSammehmander Rake, on 29 May 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

*Sad face* Never got to claim my own piece of land in the server, world, It has always been too laggy for me. Even now my offline version has become really laggy. not to the same extent as the server where I couldn't even dig a single block of dirt or walk through a doorway.

but now in my offline world, everything will randomly pause for a few seconds and then jolt me forward a few paces. not sure if its my computer starting to cough and splutter. but it shouldn't be, as I played witcher2 on almost maxed settings with nigh a hiccup. It started happening way before the latest updates as well. Maybe it'll resolve itself, maybe it wont. I don't need new Java its up to date too. I have experimented on fresh worlds as well with the same problem.

Are jolty screen freezes happening to any one else??

Hasn't happened to me, but maybe you need to turn down the settings (fast graphics instead of fancy, turn off the fancy lighting, low render distance, etc)

I have a pretty strong rig. its very capable of running most games on high specs. and I've been playing minecraft since mid alpha never encountered this problem before. even with low render distance and all mods disabled no low graphics it still does the same thing, So I'm guessing its either something to do with it still being BETA or my Java not updating correctly. I'll wait it out for a while and see if anything changes.

cheers.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 30 May 2011 - 06:11 PM, said:

I get that but only on multiplayer...never on single player.

Certain games abhor certain brands of graphics cards or their accompanying drivers. Could be an issue with that. I wouldn't exactly call Minecraft "finished" so I would not be surprised at all to learn it has more to do with your hardware than your network connection.

where are you located? The servers are in USA I believe, and it is a Canadian company. Maybe you're just too far away on the network.

well with the online mode its definitely that I am situated far away from the servers. as I am in Australia.. and every one knows how notorious the Internet is here. but offline mode shouldn't be effected by any server issues. I'll have to agree its probably due to my system hardware and the fact Minecraft isn't the finished product. my PC stats are posted in the my rig forum. I'll run through all my drivers again and see if anything needs an updating.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#2030 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

@Sammeh

I hope you resolve the issue anyway.

@Drek

Tried in vain to get out of your place last night. Is it a lava trap rather than just a lavarynth? ie is there a way out at all? I obviously want to avoid busting out of there or committing suicide if I can help it. I'm on the third level down from the top after dropping through a 1-way hole in the floor and descending another staircase farther along.

Coolest thing I saw in there was a pillar with ladders on all 4 sides and you need to jump over columns of lava to get to it. Felt like being in Mario or something. The column didn't go anywhere unfortunately.

I also like how its multi-level...with some one way ports that spit you down a level and you can't go back up.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 02 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2031 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

minecraft server farm, somewhere in USA said:

This email is to inform you that we will be performing maintenance on your server node which hosts your virtual server system on Friday June 3rd between 2:30am-3am EST. We are upgrading the Virtuozzo software to version 4.6. This will take approximately 30 minutes and your server will be down during this time. Please contact us back if you have questions or concerns.

Thar ya go. The server will require a manual update after the maintenance is complete. I expect no issues but will back up and download the world today just in case. Will do my best to remember to restart after the maintenance downtime is over.

I'm far away from any kind of computer for the whole weekend but will try to remember to restart it tomorrow night before I leave. If it is still down on the weekend, try to get a message to Apt. He has instructions on how to restart things.

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2032 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 02 June 2011 - 11:12 AM, said:

@Drek

Tried in vain to get out of your place last night. Is it a lava trap rather than just a lavarynth? ie is there a way out at all? I obviously want to avoid busting out of there or committing suicide if I can help it. I'm on the third level down from the top after dropping through a 1-way hole in the floor and descending another staircase farther along.

Coolest thing I saw in there was a pillar with ladders on all 4 sides and you need to jump over columns of lava to get to it. Felt like being in Mario or something. The column didn't go anywhere unfortunately.

I also like how its multi-level...with some one way ports that spit you down a level and you can't go back up.

Shhhhh you'll spoil it all before I'm ready to unveil it all!!! Anyways, the main entrance/exit is 4 floors from the top. If you can get into the middle core you can take the water-ladder to the top, take the catwalks out over the water and jump off, too.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2033 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

I took a walk over to D'reks yesterday - awesome place! And yes, I got caught in some lava and died - but got respawned at a bed I built on a bit of land between D'reks place and mine. Is that a new thing?

I've had a bit of very minor griefing at the dockside - just water flowing out of some of the buildings, nothing missing though.

@ Apt - love the dome. Looks great, especially with the water flowing down.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2034 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

yeah, you always respawn at the last bed you slept in now.

@ Drek

OK, I will shut the hell up now. It is damn cool though. I'll see if I can make my way out later on.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2035 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

This whole griefing thing just seems so tiny and without pattern I wonder if it is some kind of bug issue.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2036 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

ah...made my way out finally. I had to block-hop my way back up a one-way shaft after about 20 min of frustration. Don't worry, I destroyed em behind me and replaced everything exactly how it was.

in return for my failure at exiting your lavarynth, I put a big chunk of rail extension on your tracks leading over to Kanubis' place.

The griefing was griefing. No doubt really the way the signs at the spawn were changed, and the lava damage at Apt's tower (classic) and the stolen materials + water in the dockside village. That's my opinion of it anyway.

It seems to have stopped now, and the damage is 90% fixed. No worries.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2037 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

Anyone have good links to tutorial videos? I just found my first monster spawner and built my first zombie drowner. Sweet stuff. I need to figure out how to trap animals reliably. My traps never catch anything.
Error: Signature not valid

#2038 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

Just search youtube. There's like a million minecraft videos.

#2039 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

The way the water was placed to come out of the doors on my buildings was too precise to be a bug.

Some of the youtube stuff is great - I really like the working castle gate, I'm going to have to use that.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2040 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

What texture packs are you using at the moment? I've been using Painterly Pack, which makes my ship cabin look like this...

Attached File  room1b.jpg (121.51K)
Number of downloads: 0

But I just found this one at Planet Minecraft. Totally different, it's changed the look of everything. The torches look great.
(@ CF - So does your castle, by the way. The windows in your hall look amazing.)

Attached File  room2b.jpg (125.18K)

Attached File  ship1a.jpg (125K)

There's a list and links on the first page of this thread if your interested - I got this one from http://www.planetmin.../texture_packs/

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users