• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1541 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, Notch mentioned changing the server again today, to cope with the demand etc.

Not sure how long it will take, either...

I still can't get on anyway.

This post has been edited by First Tiger: 18 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1542 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

I PMd jim

It's just a server update, which will happen whenever it happens.

MC has been totally stable in-game since the weekend. No problems here.

The only thing is trouble logging in to the client itself (not the Malaz server....the main login). I assumed it was due to high demand on the MC main server or something. Hopefully that will be fixed soon too.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1543 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:35 AM

View PostHigh Mage Quick Ben, on 18 January 2011 - 09:24 PM, said:

Ugg i ahvent been able to get on for a while, i've tried dailey but theres ALWAYS some error, like jim not updating yet or right now minecraft being down. So Stuiped.

Sounds like you need to download a new client.

#1544 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

I finally got on, it is definitely a server bottleneck. There are a million users, you know.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1545 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

Well the game is not 100% glitch free yet.

Fell in one of those gaping holes-in-the-world last night, couldn't get out and then disconnected. When I logged back in, dead, inv gone. Suck.

If that happens to anybody else, let me know and I can do an inventory/tool replacement.

Oh, does anybody have stockpiles of coal that I can have? I'm perpetually out of the stuff and it's a pain to mine it during a big construction project.

EDIT:

Got a good start on the gatehouse of Castle CF last night. Building that is a lot more fun overall than building moon spawn was. Something about building proper fortifications is just way cooler in my mind.

@apt

I noticed another squid in the killing room while you were in there gathering, apt. Will walls made of cacti pop on contact with water too? Those squidses are perpetually running into the walls so it might help kill them. Also, the double doors leading to the killing chamber seem iffy to me, like a monster might glitch through them. Zombies can hit you and skelly's can shoot you through them.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 19 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1546 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

Once the collecting mechanism is working, would it be worth replacing the major structural elements with obsidian?

At present it would only take one creeper to glitch through a wall slightly into player range to cause quite a bit of damage... which isn't so easy to repair when it's raining mobs. As we've seen.

The new painterly update is good, the rippled sand looks way better.

This post has been edited by First Tiger: 19 January 2011 - 12:47 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1547 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Does the new painterly include the new multicolored tree textures or are they all mono-green like before. In the base texture pack the trees now look much, much nicer with leaves that vary between light and darker greens.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1548 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

Server updated.

Jim

#1549 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 19 January 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

Oh, does anybody have stockpiles of coal that I can have? I'm perpetually out of the stuff and it's a pain to mine it during a big construction project.

I've told you, plant a forest and use it to fuel your furnaces.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 19 January 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

@apt

I noticed another squid in the killing room while you were in there gathering, apt. Will walls made of cacti pop on contact with water too? Those squidses are perpetually running into the walls so it might help kill them. Also, the double doors leading to the killing chamber seem iffy to me, like a monster might glitch through them. Zombies can hit you and skelly's can shoot you through them.

I saw a thread on a way to farm squid on r/minecraft today but I didn't quite understand it. It was something about "soul sand" making the squids beach or something which I don't know what is.

Well, the double doors are just a back up safety measure. The monsters very, very rarely glitch through solid blocks. As for the doors, that's why I put the one door in the center up against a wall so that the skellies can't shoot at you.

#1550 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

World of notch had some very good news yesterday.

They are migrating their main server to an Amazon cloud server that will have the ability to scale itself automatically to the demand from users. They are also putting a bunch of other stuff on bigger, better servers which will reduce lag times.

Basically means all the troubles logging in to MC and our lovely malaz server will end relatively soon.

Sweet these guys keep winning awards too. They should.

Once again, minecraft.net is more popular than the poor old server can keep up with, so we’re upgrading. I’m not quite sure how long it will take to get done as it’s mostly Tobias doing the work (thank you, sir!). We’ve got a huge amazon cloud server which we’re moving the main server to. We’ll be able to replicate this as demand grows, and we’ll have a load balancer set up in front of it all. Skin downloads will almost certainly be migrated to S3 downloads instead of going through resin as it does now, and we’ll have a separate server just to handle game logins and auth requests.

For Minecraft development, we’re working on the new file format, and a new game launcher. The file format is still in early testing, but it’s looking somewhat promising, except for it taking up a bit too much space. It’s faster, though.
The new Launcher will be a bit prettier, will show release notes and other news, will send login requests over https (finally), and will ask if the user wants to update to the latest version or not. In the future, we’ll add support for playing the previous installed version (after warning the player that there might be unexpected bugs) and the ability to choose what work directly to save the level files, but that’s not coming in this version.

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1551 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 19 January 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

I saw a thread on a way to farm squid on r/minecraft today but I didn't quite understand it. It was something about "soul sand" making the squids beach or something which I don't know what is.

Well, the double doors are just a back up safety measure. The monsters very, very rarely glitch through solid blocks. As for the doors, that's why I put the one door in the center up against a wall so that the skellies can't shoot at you.

Cools. Sounds good. Maybe change the configuration a bit to put in an "airlock" so that if a monster glitches through a door, they at least have a secondary barrier in the way of them getting out. Might actually be a good idea to do that for access to the main azath spawning floor. Would help avoid left-open doors and such.

RE squids,

I catch them often underneath MS at the arena entrance. Anywhere you have an underwater entrance to a structure, like the arena, it makes a waterfall at the bottom of the ocean. The squids spawn on the ocean bottom, so when they move by the waterfall, they get snagged in it and concentrated at the bottom. When I go down there, there's often 2-3 squidses stuck.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1552 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

Server's back up.

Jim

#1553 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

yay!
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1554 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

Soul sand is the sand-like material in the Nether that slows you down when you touch it. From the pic (below) it looks like it pulls the squids out of the water?

Posted Image

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1555 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:18 AM

Egad, whatever they're doing with the servers is awful, I had every problem in the book tonight -

Lag, random moving, reappearing material, no login - my computer updated TWICE in an hour...

My whole compound disappeared, and I was trapped outside at night, that was fun - building a bunker

Tried to visit the Azath and it was gone except for the tops of the trees - should have taken a screenshot - Apt would have a fit

I tried to re-log per normal fix for missing chunks, only part came back - I made it inside but THERE ARE MONSTERS ON THE LOOSE IN THERE - I saw creepers & spiders at the bottom of the stairs, waterfalls, Doors were opening, got tagged through a wall(!) so I ran away (almost into the spawning room) Got to post a sign for people that haven't learned their way around.

Looks like the move to the cloud is going to be a pain in the butt
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1556 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

If it's really messing with existing structures, might be a good idea to close down the server entirely for a few days??

Usually re-logging fixes the missing chunks 100%.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1557 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

from this thread:

http://www.minecraft...p?f=25&t=148257

Posted Image

#1558 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

Want.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1559 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

This is an interesting read.

Spoiler

#1560 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

HELP!

Right, let's say I have a circular tower with a 33 block diameter, built using the chart of circles posted at the beginning of the thread. Now let's say that I'd like to put a dome on top of it, using the generator also posted at the beginning of the thread. HOW THE HELL DO I GET IT TO FIT?

Seriously, if I start at the middle layer (in order to create a dome, as opposed to a sphere), the circumference is totally different (bigger) than that of the actual tower, so how do I get it to work.

Also, what I'm actually trying to do is create a domed ceiling but on the bottom floor of the tower -- brief illustration:

Attached File  Untitled.png (17.05K)
Number of downloads: 0

Therefore, it would be a tad disasterous if the largest circumference were to be larger than the tower itself, as it's not actually supposed to be visible from the outside (obviously).

So how do I get the two (circular tower and apparently mismatching dome) to fit together?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

21 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users