#1441 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

View PostSlippery Jim, on 01 January 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

Server updated.

Jim

Thanks, Jim
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1442 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

View PostHigh Mage Quick Ben, on 28 December 2010 - 01:04 AM, said:

How does everyone feel about pairing up with someone (or going solo) and creating a pvp base?
Then the next step would be work on it, until pvp comes out then arrange fights where 2 people try and attack the other persons base, and then after a round of that it switches to the others bases.
The rules for the fights could be made up then, but you would log on at a time were everyone is around then do one "siege" on the others base, then whoever did better wins.

I see lava traps in your future...
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1443 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

Ok, so I've realised that the damage meter on the tools is broken. I don't know if the dropping it and picking it back up trick still works, but I'm out of a diamond pick at the moment. If someone could give me a pick or two (just leave it in the small chest) that would be wonderful; if that's not how we're doing things around here, then no worries -- I have a shedload of stone picks now.

I've been quiet lately -- WoW is sucking my life away through my eyes and gaping mouth as I stare at my monitor, oblivious to the world around me. So much so that after about three weeks I'm still only halfway through Stonewielder!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1444 User is offline   hmqb 

• The Abyssmal Army's Official Cult Expert and Brainwasher
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:02 AM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 02 January 2011 - 12:59 AM, said:

View PostHigh Mage Quick Ben, on 28 December 2010 - 01:04 AM, said:

How does everyone feel about pairing up with someone (or going solo) and creating a pvp base?
Then the next step would be work on it, until pvp comes out then arrange fights where 2 people try and attack the other persons base, and then after a round of that it switches to the others bases.
The rules for the fights could be made up then, but you would log on at a time were everyone is around then do one "siege" on the others base, then whoever did better wins.

I see lava traps in your future...

I believe it would now be past
-

#1445 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

wow, busy xmas.

Want to get back online this week.

I literally had zero spare time until just last night and couldn't bring myself to do anything except google at Mila Jovovich murder zombies in a slutty red dress (resident evil 1)

There are way worse ways to spend your time though...just sayin.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1446 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

Server updated.

Jim

#1447 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Server updated :wub:

Jim

#1448 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:27 AM

Well it seems quiet around here. I have just returned to my house from the holidays and have started my second semester, so I will have trouble getting around to MC as much as I would have liked. As of yet, we are still planning on burning Y'ghatan in an easy way -- that is, without the crazed running around that may result in deaths -- and have been exploring various ideas.

[/quote]Couldn't you just run lines of timber from one point, branching out under all the buildings into separate timber stockpiles? Or run a few 'fuses' out, so different people can light them at the same time.EDIT scratch that, I tried it and it wouldn't work - not when the timber is in the ground, anyway.
[/quote]

Could you expand on what you did when you tested this? I was thinking about this, and believe i can make it work. might jump on later and find out.

#1449 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

Well, since everything wooden seems to catch and burn so easily when it is decidedly inconvenient (my timber walkway caught fire from a lava square in my forge several squares away, and proceeded to burn along its length until doused) I thought you could use timber blocks as a fuse.

I dug a long trench through earth, filled with timber, then covered the middle section over, leaving one exposed timber square at each end of the line. I lit one end, but it didn't spread to the other blocks, probably because they were buried. I tried it without the cover, and got random results - sometimes the fire would travel a couple of blocks, but it would stop. It was pretty inconsistant, again because they were sunk into a trench.

I'm sure a line of above-ground timber blocks will all catch and act like a long fuse, but they will be very visible and intrusive. Or, the trench could be made 3 blocks wide, with timber in the middle, so there's a space each side.. I didn't try that yet.

Can you blow TNT with redstone wire? If you can, you could use it to blow the side of a container full of lava in the centre of the city somewhere? I haven't used redstone wire, I don't know how long it can be and still work.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1450 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

How are you going to ensure that the timber is not consumed by the fire, unless you plan for a one time only burning of Y'Ghatan?

You may view it as cheating, I don't know, but I would suggest aquiring several stacks of brimstone from a mod and placing them in key locations to make sure that there'll definitely be fire in the most important places.

Just a thought.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1451 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

Y'Ghatan is full of timber buildings... I thought the idea was for a big one-off fire, that will indeed consume all the timber, but look spectacular in the process.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1452 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

Server Updated :D

Jim

#1453 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

View PostFirst Tiger, on 06 January 2011 - 08:40 AM, said:

Well, since everything wooden seems to catch and burn so easily when it is decidedly inconvenient (my timber walkway caught fire from a lava square in my forge several squares away, and proceeded to burn along its length until doused) I thought you could use timber blocks as a fuse.I dug a long trench through earth, filled with timber, then covered the middle section over, leaving one exposed timber square at each end of the line. I lit one end, but it didn't spread to the other blocks, probably because they were buried. I tried it without the cover, and got random results - sometimes the fire would travel a couple of blocks, but it would stop. It was pretty inconsistant, again because they were sunk into a trench. I'm sure a line of above-ground timber blocks will all catch and act like a long fuse, but they will be very visible and intrusive. Or, the trench could be made 3 blocks wide, with timber in the middle, so there's a space each side.. I didn't try that yet. Can you blow TNT with redstone wire? If you can, you could use it to blow the side of a container full of lava in the centre of the city somewhere? I haven't used redstone wire, I don't know how long it can be and still work.

Well i tested it underground in a tunnel. Apparently, if the wood is surrounded on the sides, the burning is random or just doesn't spread. The only time it would work without a hitch was when I dug a long tunnel and allowed for a space on every side of the timber (9x9. This is not ideal, though it may work. I am definitely liking the idea of the redstone wire + tnt idea. It should work, and a friend of mine did something similar recently. I will look into it.

View PostFirst Tiger, on 06 January 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

Y'Ghatan is full of timber buildings... I thought the idea was for a big one-off fire, that will indeed consume all the timber, but look spectacular in the process.

It is made of tree wood, not the refined stuff. Most of it should last forever. It is the reason i built the boat out of mostly that kind of wood. We started the project thinking it would all disappear and burn to the ground, but the wall will probably not burn (can't wait to blow a hoodspawned hole through it though :D), nor will the stone walkways and much of the upper city is stone aswell.

The random test results from burning wood when covered with something does cast doubt as to how flammable some of the buildings in Y'ghatan actually are. Many of them are mixed with cobblestone, wood, smelted cobblestone and iron blocks. I have done several tests on small one building burnings, and they worked. Now I feel I should try again to make sure.

#1454 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

Server updated.

Jim

#1455 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

I need to get the IP- should I PM SJ??
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1456 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:47 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 11 January 2011 - 10:54 AM, said:

Yes, also Cerveza-fiesta & Apt are also mods. I'm not sure if there is a white list in effect or not. We need some new blood on the server.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1457 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 11 January 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 11 January 2011 - 10:54 AM, said:

Yes, also Cerveza-fiesta & Apt are also mods. I'm not sure if there is a white list in effect or not. We need some new blood on the server.

there is no whitelist that I know of. You can get the IP from Jim

I've been online some, not as much as I'd like but I've been super busy with work and starting a business lately.

PMd you the IP
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1458 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

For new players, general claim rules are:

You're welcome to build anyplace that isn't claimed. There's lots nearby the spawn location and you can grab some initial startup items from the little wood hut near the spawn. Underground anywhere is 99% fair game...just don't dig directly underneath somebody's fort or ruin somebody else's underground structure or anything.

Usually, if somebody has something built it means they've claimed that particular mountain and the immediate surrounding area for development. Some of the players that have been on for awhile (like me at the moment) have a claimed additional mountains beyond the first...which fair within reason. No claiming entire continents or anything. Usually it will be labeled with a big CF, HO, or something like that which means it's claimed for future building and you should not put structures there without permission.

You shouldn't have to go far if you want to build nearby. If you want to be way off on your own then there's a whole world out there. Literally.

And no fucking fire anywhere in or near the fucking Azath tree or in the forest at its base for fucks sake. Apt will personally hunt you down and fucking murder you if that gets burned. Fuck.

*sorry bout the F-words...I wanted to emphasize that last point*
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1459 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

ARRH There's a giant chunk missing out of my mountain, what in the fuck happened!??!

Seems like a chunk error or something, There's a giant hole where my staircase to the mountain top used to be. And I can see straight down to the Abyss.

#1460 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

I'm getting on when I can, but I'm kind of engrossed in Assassins Creed Brotherhood at the moment. I've started to extend the canal eastwards, I think I'll try to steer it towards D'rek at some point.

I'd just say to anyone new to leave a wide berth round existing structures - once built, it's good to expand and develop them rather than moving somewhere else, and it's nice to have a bit of room.

Also, there is a huuuuge amount of free space, which can always be linked up with the canal or rail or something.

This post has been edited by First Tiger: 11 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users