• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#881 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

That ship is what I was telling Kanubis he should make at his dock.

Instead he made a 50 block high wall.

Some people.......

Seriously though Kanubis, you should def. still build a ship in the water near your fort. That big wall would look sweet too if you put a massie arch in it, outlined with cooked stone or something (for accent) and made a harbour in there.

I was tryingto think of a good way to accent the walls of moon spawn too, which I'll probably do with dirt or gravel here and there, to give the whole thing some dimension. At certain angles the whole thing just looks like a grey blob cause the shadows dare hidden. If you went along that big wall and replaced some of the cobble with solid stone here and there to make it look like the thing was made of giant stone bricks, it would look great.

@Apt,

You'll probably need some new source blocks. Last I checked, the free water chests were running a bit low.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 22 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#882 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 22 October 2010 - 11:59 AM, said:

@Apt,

You'll probably need some new source blocks. Last I checked, the free water chests were running a bit low.

Yeah I noticed :)

I took the last 150 so water blocks and placed them in the chests at the edge of the forest.

Already placed a few blocks in the drowning room to see how they work.

I'm thinking of altering the trap so that the mobs get killed by lava instead of water for an easier drop collection, but for now water does the trick.

#883 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

Does lava not burn the loot? 

c_f, definitely going to spruce up the walls somehow. I have a lot of cooked stone put aside, plus I'm planning on ornate gates at intervals along the way - just needed to get the basic wall up first! I'll start with the section nearest the spawn point.

The ship is an awesome idea - I'll pop one in the harbour facing Malaz Island...

That aside, I have enough plans for my little plot to keep me busy for weeks...

Edit: I didn't take any water btw, and only a single stack of lava!

This post has been edited by Kanubis: 22 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#884 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

@kanubis. Lemme know if you want a hand when I'm online.

Def not playing blame game on the water...just mentioning it. We'll have to let Jim know to fire a few more in there next time he's on.

I used a bunch for the canal and have some left in my inv. Definitely enough to finish the link to HO's fort and over to the apt tower, but I'll need more to finish the final extension out toward Malaz Traveler and the smaller branch that will lead to the spawn and Jim's fort.

I'd eventually like to branch all the way to the coast of the ocean that leads to Arella's place. That would be sweet. Virtual panama canal.

I hope notch's update fixes buckets. Then we can get away from all this water block stuff and just do it up oldschool.

EDIT - Actually, I noticed today that the planned canal route to the apt tower leads almost to the sea anyway. I didn't realize apt was right on the ocean over there.

It's going to punch right through the valley between Jim's mountain and Morgoth's, then make a branch toward Morgoths and a second branch toward apt's shrine of aptiness...then dump straight into the ocean with another water elevator. Coco's connnection route around the back of jim's mountain kinda goes overtop of somebody's underground greenhouse so I probly won't build that branch right away.

@apt...that steel statue of the aptorian should really be made of gold blocks rather than piddly steel.

Yer welcome to the gold blocks I have in my inv over at moon spawn if you want em. I aint gonna use em for anything. BTW your house is looking sweet right now. Azath drowning pit looks great too. If I'm online when you are this weekend, I can lend a hand with that.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 22 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#885 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

View PostKanubis, on 22 October 2010 - 12:54 PM, said:

Does lava not burn the loot?

I've seen a trap set up where the lava is suspended at torso hight (like water you can block the flow of lava by placing something like a later or a sign next to the open hole) with a water current running under it. The mob is transported into the lava and when it dies instead of the drop being burned it simply passes under the lava.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 22 October 2010 - 01:19 PM, said:

EDIT - Actually, I noticed today that the planned canal route to the apt tower leads almost to the sea anyway. I didn't realize apt was right on the ocean over there.

It's going to punch right through the valley between Jim's mountain and Morgoth's, then make a branch toward Morgoths and a second branch toward apt's shrine of aptiness...then dump straight into the ocean with another water elevator. Coco's connnection route around the back of jim's mountain kinda goes overtop of somebody's underground greenhouse so I probly won't build that branch right away.

I was actually wondering if we couldn't make a canal that breaks out from the Azath path and runs through the valley between me and Morgoth, The land between the river and my area is pretty high, so we'll need two water elevators, one to get up and one to get down.

Well, I'm going to make one one way or another.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 22 October 2010 - 01:19 PM, said:

@apt...that steel statue of the aptorian should really be made of gold blocks rather than piddly steel.

Yer welcome to the gold blocks I have in my inv over at moon spawn if you want em. I aint gonna use em for anything. BTW your house is looking sweet right now. Azath drowning pit looks great too. If I'm online when you are this weekend, I can lend a hand with that.

I am planning on making it out of gold. But I don't have enough gold bars to make the gold blocks yet. I'm half way there and, while I appreciate the offer, I want to gather the gold myself. Call it my little personal side-quest.

One day I will make one out of diamond.

I do like the look of the Steel Blocks though. In the Painterly texture pack the blocks are black with silver machinery on them. It looks cool on the demon.

I wonder how Obsidian would look.

#886 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

Preview of Hell and the new monster "The Ghast".

Oh god, oh god, oh god.

I absolutely love the portal system. When this shit goes live we're going to have to begin designing a Portal network.

I love Minecraft.

EDIT: Looking at the comments in the reddit thread right now. It appears that the Ghasts are fucking HUGE! Like 4 blocks high and 6 wide. It's like an even bigger version of dooms cacodemons! And their fire balls actually destroy the environment.

And Notch said a while ago that he has not yet managed to kill one.

I'm going to hate hell.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 22 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

#887 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

So are the gates set in certain places in the 'real' world too -- you just have to find them to use them?

EDIT: Scratch that -- I've read it now.

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 22 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#888 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

Today I've dug a massive amount of mining tunnels. One eventually came up some way past Apt's place. I placed a tower there to find it again, in case someone wonders about that thing that just appeared.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 22 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#889 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

Canal is going along your suggested path right now with a water elevator rather than a tunnel. I'm sending it straight to the sea from where it is now.

EDIT btw that update looks awesome

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 23 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#890 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:38 AM

Oh how I wish for a compass capable of pointing towards my castle rather than the spawn. It would make mining so much easier.

#891 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

So, I think I'm some way pas Apt's castle now. Hopefully I'll eventually get far enough out to hit new land.. The problem is of course that I have no idea how far away land is.

#892 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

1 chest of water supplied ;)

Jim

#893 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

man, it's a looong boat-ride to the first proper landmass.

#894 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

Argh! Stop travelling outside of our territory. The more area we explorer the further away the new biomes will spawn!

#895 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

There's no way my tunnel will ever reach past the area already explored I'm afraid.

I take that back. I've dug about 10 times further than I thought. I dug up not only beyond apt, but across the sea entirely on another, size able island.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 23 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

#896 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:11 AM

I've explored a little way myself.

But just to clarify what  Apt is getting at, when the next update comes there will be new types of environment/blocks etc. available. These will obviously only appear in areas newly generated on the server after the update is released, so if we for instance explored for two hours travel time in every direction from the spawn point before the update, we'd have a hell of a job gathering these new resources to use on our glorious island. 

In truth, if our current exploration is limited to a single compass direction, it shouldn't be such a big deal, since we have three compass point's worth of traveling to generate the new stuff.

This post has been edited by Kanubis: 24 October 2010 - 12:11 AM

#897 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:17 AM

And with the update will come a hell-portal system to make getting to those far-away biomes a very quick process, so what are you worried about?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#898 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:50 AM

One does not simply walk through Hell.

#899 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

View PostD, on 24 October 2010 - 01:17 AM, said:

And with the update will come a hell-portal system to make getting to those far-away biomes a very quick process, so what are you worried about?

The big fireball spitting ghasts in hell that blow up the scenery. Essentially, they're like creeper-firing gattling guns   ;)

#900 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

which means we need to gather up a lot of obsidian to use as walls for a shelter.

Mind, I don't think damage will be implemented in MP this update

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

51 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 51 guests, 0 anonymous users