• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#841 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

yeah, I refered to that in the past. It's the PA server.

Also, thanks Apt. The lack of glass has been real bothersome
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#842 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:18 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 19 October 2010 - 12:24 PM, said:

arella (who's avatar in-game is a redhead chick)

points at current forum avatar. Silly.

(Though I'm enamored of the idea that I'm a mysterious spy finding my way into private servers to charm away all your mossy cobbles)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#843 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

View PostSlippery Jim, on 19 October 2010 - 07:44 PM, said:

Re: cartographer

OK - it's something I plan to address this weekend with the backup thing.

Currently I admin the server through a command line based connection. I have yet to test moving files hither and thither through it though I suspect I can use Wput to get it on my FTP area.

Once that is sorted I will get Cartographer going and post on here - please be patient :p

Jim

We are patient Jim. Can't you see all the little shacks being thrown up as we idle away the days?

YOU ARE THE MAN FOR ADMINNING (i know thats not a word) THE ULTIMATE MP SERVER

Have rep, again
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#844 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:52 AM

i'm bushed. Did some building in RL at home, then got the bug for MC again and started my canal.

I made it from the lake over past the azath and up to the base of morgoth's mountain, slightly SW of it. I want to branch over to Apt's place after I finish the main path leading to Hidden One's fortress of fortiness.

Given what a pain diagonals are, I can see myself tunneling through a mountain to hook up the HO end of things.

Turns out I didn't need too much water either. If you plan it right you can use it VERY sparingly to create a lot more. I only used about 2 stacks for the whole canal so far.

To enter the canals from the sea, there is a lighthouse near the spawn point to mark the entrance. Go up the water elevator (you gotta get your speed just right so as not to lose your boat) and boat to the destination. When exiting the canals into the lake, simply reverse the procedure, shooting out off the waterfall.

Travel on canals is really fast actually. I put a couple boat fixing stations along the way too, cause you break your boat 9 times out of 10 when you get out of it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#845 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:32 AM

Just went online and checked out your canal system Cerveza, it is absolutely awesome. Love the water elevator at the start. Brilliant.

#846 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

For the road, I vote that we put it right alongside the canal, like days of old. That would look pretty bawss.

Also, for keeping mobs out, we could simply place a fence along the perimeter of the canal. Not right on top of the rock borders, but 1 block beyond. They count as block-and-a-half in height even if they don't look it, so they keep mobs out completely.

Plus, you can make a shit-ton of fences with not much wood.

We'll have to be a little more clever in the areas where the banks of the canal are higher than the water level..making sure there's no high ground for a creeper to clear the fence, but in general it will work.

If I get some time tonight I'll finish the terminal branch over to the azath, hook up to the Apt tower and work on the branch out to HO's fort.

@Hidden One,

If you want to, have a look at what I've been doing for the canal and start building the connector from your end. I'll come through and fill it with water when I connect up from my end. The only provision is that it should be 5 blocks wide at all times...ie 5 blocks of water between the banks. If you're going to go diagonal make sure the transition from straight to diagonal has a nice wide radius. IE don't just go direct from straight to diagonal...the inside of the turn needs to be more gradual otherwise the boat can't maneuver. Forget about the 1/2 blocks along steps in height too...I figured out they aren't necessary and just slow the boat down more than a straight 1 block step.

Water filling technique is pretty fast now. I was doing way too much digging at first but figured out the most efficient way later on. Basically, all along 1 bank, place a dirt block every 2 squares. Then the next row in from the wall place a solid line of dirt blocks, leaving the rest of the canal completely open and dry. Then fill each of the vacancies in the first row with water. Next, put a row of water blocks across the canal at 1 far end. Now, go along the first row, removing the dirt blocks (the ones you placed every 2nd square) so that all the individual water blocks connect up to make new water blocks and you have a line of water source blocks running the whole length of the canal, held back by a solid line of dirt. Then dig out the solid row and the still water will fill in to the canal as you remove dirt. Sometimes if you dig 2 blocks deep it will screw up the process, so you just need to make sure that if you mistakenly dig too deep, it gets filled back in. Sometimes if it's in the wrong place it will hold up the entire canal fill and you'll be like WTF, but when you fill in the hole the canal fills in nicely.

Take that last sentence to mean whatever you like. Sickos

EDIT...got this stupid game on the brain now. Was just thinking it would be neato to transition the canal to new elevations at certain points using water elevators. I might do that for the connector to HO. It would make for a lot less tunneling.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 20 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#847 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

What is it about this game that is so addictive? I couldn't sleep properly last night as I was trying to figure out in my head if it would be possible to make an off-shore Silanda.... or a giant airborne dragon.

@ CF any chance of getting the canal system out to me? Canals are a great idea. I think I'm next to HiddenOne, if that's the mountain with a big H on it. I'll have alook at what you've done when I can log in, it's being difficult at the moment.

EDIT.. Bah, I can't log in! Anyone else having trouble?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 20 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#848 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

welcome to my world
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#849 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

down again it seems :)

#850 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

Allright -

CF -Canals are awesome, my boat driving skills are puny. I don't care to start the process from my end, but for some reason the dirt block/water source formula is eluding me, so I'll have to study it. If you're going to raise the elevation of the canal, we need to plan in-game sometime to survey the terrain, or not.

Traveller - Yes that's my giant H in your face. Sorry if your property values have declined. If you want to tie a canal to the system, I need to know which side of my fortress you want to go on. I hope a Y connection is possible for the canal. I also have a road on the ground. I want to work out the path of the canal before I start any work.

Also, we can make covers for the areas where the road/canal will be surmounted by terrain to impede monster activity. If Apt has left any sand on this world.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#851 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

I have restarted the server. It seemed to have gone mad.

Jim

#852 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

am I the only one unable to connect to minecraft?

#853 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

Nope, I'm trying but getting nowhere.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#854 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

I can't get on the MC server at all. IE Page not Displayed error (classic...)

I bet Jim crashed the whole internet when he reset that server.

Hope my credit card company went down too. FOREVER.

#855 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

Actually it's the whole system. Notch has commented on it and has been working on it for hours, and by working on it I mean rebooting the server one time and otherwise twittering his irritation. He thinks it may be a DDoS attack since there's no other obvious reason.

#856 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

It seems Minecraft.net may have been hit by a denial of service attack.

Jim

#857 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

And I was hoping to finish the Azath's mob trap tonight, oh well.

#858 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Now I must live in the real world for a few hours! NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#859 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

Notch's most recent update

Now the guys hosting minecraft.net is down for me as well.. Perhaps there’s some kind of error in the interwebs.

I’m looking into alternatives, and I’m getting loads of help from citricsquid, aera and WedTM.

Now; more coffee.

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#860 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

Seems to be woeking now for me:thumbsup:

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

27 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users