#3681 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 31 October 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

Nice. The biggest mine I've ever seen is under our plains. After some time I got lucky and found a spawner. Inside were a few music discs, enchanted items, a few saddles, and horse armour. No more fishing for that damned saddle.

Selling that extra saddle? ^_^
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#3682 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

I seem to have died then got DC'ed from the server with a socket error and cannot reconnect. Anyone else able to get on?

Also, whoever brought the boats and chickens to the beach on my villa, uhm... why?

thirdly, and finally, since sugarcane is no longer a wall, anyone have good suggestions for a 'natural' looking wall you can see through?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3683 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostObdigore, on 31 October 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

I seem to have died then got DC'ed from the server with a socket error and cannot reconnect. Anyone else able to get on?

Also, whoever brought the boats and chickens to the beach on my villa, uhm... why?

thirdly, and finally, since sugarcane is no longer a wall, anyone have good suggestions for a 'natural' looking wall you can see through?

Server is up and running and I just logged in.

Boats were from our trip to the savannah biome and you made a handy landing stage - figured it was a jetty. Can't speak for the chickens...

Uhhh... glass? Was sugarcane ever a wall?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3684 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostMessremb, on 31 October 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 31 October 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Server is up and running and I just logged in.

Boats were from our trip to the savannah biome and you made a handy landing stage - figured it was a jetty. Can't speak for the chickens...

Uhhh... glass? Was sugarcane ever a wall?

I seem to remember you couldn't walk through sugarcane.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3685 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

todays problem, other than the fact that my truck broke down last night

Failed to connect to the server
Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException

Suggestions?

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 01 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3686 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

The server was being a total ass last night. Had to kill Java and restart cause it just locked up solid. Seemed to be working fine as of midnight last night tho. Anyone able to confirm? I am phonebound and cannot check on things
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3687 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 02 November 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

The server was being a total ass last night. Had to kill Java and restart cause it just locked up solid. Seemed to be working fine as of midnight last night tho. Anyone able to confirm? I am phonebound and cannot check on things

It's currently up and running
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3688 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

Ive had a few blocks of my stair in the tower disappearing and now it seems like the whole lower section disappeared. Cant seem to replace the blocks as they just vanish after a while. Dunno whats up. Wierd.
No Touchy.

#3689 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

That is really weird...

On another note, the Grocery is up and running. I am continuing to try to fill the various chests (sapplings currently needed) but people should start taking what they need. When it comes to vegetable and animal, we have it all, almost.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#3690 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 04 November 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

Ive had a few blocks of my stair in the tower disappearing and now it seems like the whole lower section disappeared. Cant seem to replace the blocks as they just vanish after a while. Dunno whats up. Wierd.

I went over and put some dirt blocks there so you could get up easily at least. Probably just some server screwup, though you are OP and should not have any trouble placing bricks anywhere...even if it was a restricted spawn-zone related issue...which it isn't anyway.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3691 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yeah those dirt blocks also disappeared. Anyway, I converted some zombies into villagers and have built an area to force em to breed. Everyone has gotta build some small houses for those bastards to live in and populate.
No Touchy.

#3692 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

MC Lesson #126576
Double check all coordinates before teleporting, as solid stone can be quite unforgiving.

MC Lesson #126577
Turn off creative mode before picking up all the gear you are trying to recover from the previous lesson, as your inventory will disappear, and magical diamond gear is not laying about for easy gathering
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3693 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

@HO

too bad there isn't a ctrl+z for stuff you do in minecraft. I've wanted that so many times.

@Gusthubb

Very strange that the dirt blocks disappeared too. Somehow that chunk must have gotten corrupted, though I don't know how exactly. Do you know where the chunk border is? Maybe we can delete and reload it and you can just go creative-mode to rebuild what you had and replace any lost materials.

Shitty deal either way, but maybe necessary if you want the chunk to work properly ever again.

I seem to remember this happening to ADL at the last build location. Did we ever find out the cause? I hope I didn't cause it when I had to do that forced server restart the other day....not that there was a way around it...but sucks if that's going to corrupt a chunk or two every time we do it.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 05 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3694 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

If nobody has done it by the time I get back online, I want to set up a "rare stuff" exchange. I want to use some of the textured stone blocks in my building and store, but there's no way to get them in-game. Say, a diamond for a stack of chiseled stone, mossy cobble, mossy stone brick, or cracked stone brick?

Honour system of course. Any diamond proceeds could go toward building one of those awesome beacon things in the centre of town.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3695 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Shit be happenin with the server. Maybe it needs a restart or something as it keeps kicking everyone off.
No Touchy.

#3696 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Server is causing problems again. Can anyone help?
~Abyss

#3697 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Probably Demon Llama's fault.
~Abyss

#3698 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

well are you coming on or what ADL?
~Abyss

#3699 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Not sure if y'all posted the above before or after we were talking in game.

For others' information, I set the view distance back down to 11 (original was 10, test was 13). That was the only thing we've switched lately so there's a good chance rendering 13 chunks was the source of our trouble. Likely too much data for the available bandwidth. If it's still an issue we can go back to 10 no problem.

Anyway, please let me know if others are experiencing hiccups still. It's possible we need the entire box restarted. I can put in a request for it, but I only want to do that if it's necessary (to avoid bugging HO's buddy too much).
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3700 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

I just received notification the Java 7 Update 45 is ready for installation - do I want to go ahead or wait for compatibility reasons?

@CF - I'm having very limited responses from my "buddy" so if it's not on fire, probably is a waste of time to try to contact him.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users