• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#561 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

Minecraft Enterprise NCC-1701-A

There's lots of screen shots in the link.

And here's a mash up with Star Trek:

#562 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

I've reached the point where the discovery of yet another super cave system is just annoying. I was planning to do a large scale mining operation from the hall at the bottom of the water elevator. No matter which direction I dig I end up in another cave system. It's like I dug my elevator down a 12 x 12 shaft of stone surrounded on all sides by unending caves.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#563 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:58 AM

Morgoth - I can't believe you're complaining about the caves. I search endlessly for natural caves to explore. That's where I always find the best goodies.

Underground rivers are cool. I followed one all the way to the core and found great stuff.

A compass would be awesome.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#564 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

Sometimes I just want to mine in peace.

well, there is one technically. It just points towards your spawn rather than the north or south.

Same basic principle just a different focal point.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#565 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 October 2010 - 12:19 PM, said:

Sometimes I just want to mine in peace.

well, there is one technically. It just points towards your spawn rather than the north or south.

Same basic principle just a different focal point.

You could always turn your difficult down to peaceful while you're spelunking if you want peace and quiet while you explore.

#566 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

View PostAptorian, on 08 October 2010 - 09:51 AM, said:

View from the top of the shaft

I read this and thought I was in for some home pr0n. Alas, you fail me yet again, Starscream. :shocking:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#567 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

One of the items I built ASAP was a compass just because of the mere size of the maps! ;)

Jim

#568 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 October 2010 - 11:39 AM, said:

I've reached the point where the discovery of yet another super cave system is just annoying. I was planning to do a large scale mining operation from the hall at the bottom of the water elevator. No matter which direction I dig I end up in another cave system. It's like I dug my elevator down a 12 x 12 shaft of stone surrounded on all sides by unending caves.

I fully agree.

Sometimes I just want to do some digging but if I find cave system I absolutely have to explore every inch of the place, to the point that I'm digging out every pocket of dirt and gravel and digging around any lava that I find. I can't not go looking.

That's why my submarine project went on hold because I dug into what started out as a small cave and ended up being a never ending cave system.

In other news with all the gunpowder I've been collecting from my Mob Trap I've made over 300 TNT blocks. I've not really explored its use before now because I had so little, but I can honestly say that this stuff is fucking scary. I tried digging a twenty block deep hole with TNT stacked with three blocks of in between inside this shaft. When I detonated it I of course killed myself because I'm an idiot, but the hole! Good god. It was HUGE. I have a suspicion that TNT unfortunately destroys ore blocks but if it didn't TNT would be the only way to mine from now on.

#569 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

Don't know if this has been answered before because I only drop in occasionally on this thread, but do you lose anything (besides self-respect) when you die?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#570 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:48 PM

View PostSombra, on 09 October 2010 - 08:43 PM, said:

Don't know if this has been answered before because I only drop in occasionally on this thread, but do you lose anything (besides self-respect) when you die?

All the items you had on you are dropped where you die. If it's close to your spawn point and nothing bad happens to the area, you can probably get back there and reclaim most of the items before they disappear. If the area explodes or you died in lava or water currents then that stuff is probably gone forever.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#571 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

Depends upon the way you die. If you "just" die from say a fall or getting pincushioned by a skeleton archer your inventory along with the gear you had equipped spills out on the ground, you have a short while to run back to where you died (if you can find it) and pick the stuff up again otherwise it will be lost. How ever, whether it is a glitch or intentional is unsure, some times half your stuff just goes missing.

If you fall into lava its just tough luck everything is permanently lost.

I hate lava so much.

EDIT: Oh yeah, as D'rek mentioned, close proximity to a TNT block or a creeper will also result in lost inventory. Damn creepers.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 09 October 2010 - 08:52 PM

#572 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

View PostAptorian, on 09 October 2010 - 08:51 PM, said:

Depends upon the way you die. If you "just" die from say a fall or getting pincushioned by a skeleton archer your inventory along with the gear you had equipped spills out on the ground, you have a short while to run back to where you died (if you can find it) and pick the stuff up again otherwise it will be lost. How ever, whether it is a glitch or intentional is unsure, some times half your stuff just goes missing.

If you fall into lava its just tough luck everything is permanently lost.

I hate lava so much.

EDIT: Oh yeah, as D'rek mentioned, close proximity to a TNT block or a creeper will also result in lost inventory. Damn creepers.

When we get MP you can give me all your lava because you hate it so much. I am going to need a bunch for what I'm planning...

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#573 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

In MP you can just type in a command and get a stack of the material you want. That's why you see people building all kinds of crazy things with diamond and gold blocks in the MP videos.

Also I was to at some point spawn on a snow map and build a giant throne, with a hooded skeleton sitting on it, the cloak has to be obsidian I think.

EDIT: Here's a list of confirmed or fact checked information about Minecraft and Notchs future plans:

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 09 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

#574 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

View PostAptorian, on 09 October 2010 - 08:58 PM, said:

In MP you can just type in a command and get a stack of the material you want. That's why you see people building all kinds of crazy things with diamond and gold blocks in the MP videos.

Also I was to at some point spawn on a snow map and build a giant throne, with a hooded skeleton sitting on it, the cloak has to be obsidian I think.

EDIT: Here's a list of confirmed or fact checked information about Minecraft and Notchs future plans:

Well yeah, but that's no fun. I thought the plan was to have a survival MP server and not have any infinite resources or other easy hacks, in effect being just like survival mode but with multiple people capable of working together. As soon as you put infinite resources in and the work goes out it becomes so much less rewarding...

#575 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

unreal how much satisfaction you get from finding your very first diamond!

the mines of moria got nothing on my mine!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#576 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

I disagree. For me, the aspect I enjoy most is the building and I often find that having to stop and hide away every ten minutes or so, for fear of a creeper blowing half of my work into the Abyss gets really irritating because it makes everything so restrictive.

Personally, being able to work with you guys on a Malazan themed world with unlimited resources to build exactly what we want would be brilliant!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#577 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

View Postchampooon, on 09 October 2010 - 10:07 PM, said:

unreal how much satisfaction you get from finding your very first diamond!

the mines of moria got nothing on my mine!

Totally! Although the first time you you hack through a rock and get a jet of lava in the face, melting you and your precious diamond pick is less satisfying. I've also had two lava deaths that were my own fault because I had buckets of lava and just HAD to lay about with them...

I turned my first lake of lava in to obsidian today, just need to head back down with my new diamond pick to gather it now!
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#578 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

View PostD, on 09 October 2010 - 09:16 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 09 October 2010 - 08:58 PM, said:

Well yeah, but that's no fun. I thought the plan was to have a survival MP server and not have any infinite resources or other easy hacks, in effect being just like survival mode but with multiple people capable of working together. As soon as you put infinite resources in and the work goes out it becomes so much less rewarding...

Well lets see what the Halloween patch brings. As of now you can't take fall damage in MP, you heal quickly and there are no monsters, so there's not much of a challenge to it yet. Which leaves huge building projects.

But I do get your point.

View PostGreen Pig, on 09 October 2010 - 10:13 PM, said:

I disagree. For me, the aspect I enjoy most is the building and I often find that having to stop and hide away every ten minutes or so, for fear of a creeper blowing half of my work into the Abyss gets really irritating because it makes everything so restrictive.

Personally, being able to work with you guys on a Malazan themed world with unlimited resources to build exactly what we want would be brilliant!

You could just put the game on Peaceful. Also, there is an exploit in SP that allows you to have as many ressources as you want.

View PostKanubis, on 09 October 2010 - 10:15 PM, said:

Totally! Although the first time you you hack through a rock and get a jet of lava in the face, melting you and your precious diamond pick is less satisfying. I've also had two lava deaths that were my own fault because I had buckets of lava and just HAD to lay about with them...

Always carry a bucket of water around with you.

View PostKanubis, on 09 October 2010 - 10:15 PM, said:

I turned my first lake of lava in to obsidian today, just need to head back down with my new diamond pick to gather it now!

An easier way to build with obsidian is to make a mold and put lava source blocks in it and then pour water over it.

#579 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:45 AM

Minecraft railroad that seems to go on for ever. It is beautiful.

#580 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

How is that possible; to go on for so long in such a straight line?! And what't with the cirlular sun and moon - that's just WRONG!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

34 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users