• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostTraveller, on 21 March 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 20 March 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 10 March 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Finally playing again, on the Switch.

It must have been ages since I last played, there is so much new stuff here I haven't even started to look at yet.

Setting up a safe base and a mine have already guzzled a few hours, and all the time I'm noticing new wildlife and craft items. I think the last time I played on PC the boats were new and glitchy - it's just nice to have a fully working and upgraded version I can play in bed.

Having quite a few 'oh yeah!' moments when I suddenly remember a recipe or item, and rush out to milk a cow or catch a fish or something.

Haven't explored it yet but I'm hoping there's a way of playing split screen like on xbone.

Wait til you find the new underwater habitats - stock up on underwater breathing potions, and you can find a sunken ship that has treasures in it, including treasure maps that lead you to a location that has a buried treasure (sometimes they're really hard to find though). There's also underwater temples that are guarded by Guardians, perhaps the most annoying mob I've run into to date.

I think I need a distillery to make potions, and to make that I need something from the nether. And my second trip to the nether kinda glitched on my return - I appeared in rock and died, losing my inventory in an unknown location.
It was a flashback to how it used to be on PC, clearly some things haven't changed!

I saw that if you feed dolphins cod they lead you to ruins, but I guess I need potions first.

Yeah, you need blaze rods to build the potion stand AND to power it, unfortunately, plus nether wort to make the awkward potions which you need to make the underwater breathing potions.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4242 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:45 PM

Is someone bringing back up the minecraft server?
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#4243 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:49 PM

I don't know, I just started playing it again on Switch.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#4244 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:27 PM

Unfortunately I play on PS4, and I don't think it's possible to do cross-console servers for Minecraft.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4245 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:28 PM

Not with PS4, which I believe is the only place not running bedrock at this point.
Error: Signature not valid

#4246 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:31 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 22 March 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

Not with PS4, which I believe is the only place not running bedrock at this point.

That's true - was disappointed to see that they were releasing that on literally everything else besides PS4. How is it?

#4247 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:55 PM

I don't even know which version I have on Switch. I have tried a couple of recipes for things like the smoker which didn't work though.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

Share this topic:

• 213 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users