• Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 November 2020 - 09:24 PM

View PostBlend, on 02 November 2020 - 05:31 AM, said:

View PostDadding, on 01 November 2020 - 03:05 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 October 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

View PostDadding, on 29 October 2020 - 09:03 PM, said:

Server's up!

Are you on Bedrock?

Nope sorry, we're running on the Java version. I'll post some pictures soon, we've been working on spawn a bit and I've been working on a nether hub.

Dang! Would have been fun to play with some other people who get really into the game. I play with a few friends but none of them are as into it as me!

I feel that, I've definitely been putting in a lot of hours lately, mostly alone! I'm loving the new updates though. I finished the nether hub last night, using a bunch of the new blocks:
Spoiler

I invited a few friends from other places too and they've been working on a little base around spawn
Spoiler

PS @ Gust Hubb: The 1.16.4 update just came out and it will probably be the default on the Minecraft launcher, but the server is still running on 1.16.3 until it auto-updates sometime in the next few days.

This post has been edited by Dadding: 02 November 2020 - 09:26 PM

#4262 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 November 2020 - 04:34 AM

Wow, your nether hub looks amazing!!!

I am more into making farms and stuff, playing with the redstone and just game mechanics. I have a gunpowder, gold/XP, sheep shearing, ooze and automatic chicken cooking farms all running on my realm, getting ready to make an iron farm next.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4263 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 03 November 2020 - 10:01 PM

View PostBlend, on 03 November 2020 - 04:34 AM, said:

I am more into making farms and stuff, playing with the redstone and just game mechanics. I have a gunpowder, gold/XP, sheep shearing, ooze and automatic chicken cooking farms all running on my realm, getting ready to make an iron farm next.

Thanks! I've been slacking on the farm department, I've got a hostile mob farm, an enderman farm, and an iron farm, but I've got a whole list of them to make soon. I've set up right next to an ocean monument so I'm hoping to tackle that huge project sometime soon.

#4264 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 04 November 2020 - 01:14 PM

View PostDadding, on 03 November 2020 - 10:01 PM, said:

Thanks! I've been slacking on the farm department, I've got a hostile mob farm, an enderman farm, and an iron farm, but I've got a whole list of them to make soon. I've set up right next to an ocean monument so I'm hoping to tackle that huge project sometime soon.

I did one of those before Bedrock came to PS4 - took me about 40 hours just to clear out all the water - twas not a small project, but it was totally worth it in the end!

Right now I'm having a hard time finding a nether fortress in my current world - I've managed to find one of those new fortresses that came with the 1.16 update, but no regular fortress, so no blaze rods, so no access to the things that are helpful for finding the end yet, so I can't make myself an end farm yet, though I suppose it's possible to do endermen farms in the nether now on warped mushrooms biomes.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4265 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 05 November 2020 - 02:45 AM

View PostBlend, on 04 November 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

View PostDadding, on 03 November 2020 - 10:01 PM, said:

I did one of those before Bedrock came to PS4 - took me about 40 hours just to clear out all the water - twas not a small project, but it was totally worth it in the end!

Right now I'm having a hard time finding a nether fortress in my current world - I've managed to find one of those new fortresses that came with the 1.16 update, but no regular fortress, so no blaze rods, so no access to the things that are helpful for finding the end yet, so I can't make myself an end farm yet, though I suppose it's possible to do endermen farms in the nether now on warped mushrooms biomes.

Oof, that's a long time. Something to look forward to. Endermen spawning in the nether now is kind of annoying for spawn-proofing the nether hub. But it's worth it for all the new stairs, slabs, lanterns, etc.

Unrelated: we got a new member, Barendd87 who messaged me through the forums after seeing stumbling across the post, that puts us at about 6 people. And Mess said he might stop by sometime if he gets time and can connect.

#4266 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 15 November 2020 - 05:28 PM

Quick little update. As always, if anyone wants to join, just shoot me a message! I named the server Mine's Spawn, by Anocrafter Rake. At least I think I'm clever.
I've cleared out an ocean monument, it took way too long.
Spoiler

Barendd's working on a castle/fortress near spawn, it looks pretty great so far.
Spoiler

My friend TreeHogg has relocated to a shattered savanna biome (the coolest biome in the game) and is building a clifftop base.
Spoiler

#4267 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 15 November 2020 - 08:07 PM

View PostDadding, on 02 November 2020 - 09:24 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 02 November 2020 - 05:31 AM, said:

View PostDadding, on 01 November 2020 - 03:05 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 October 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

View PostDadding, on 29 October 2020 - 09:03 PM, said:

Server's up!

Are you on Bedrock?

Nope sorry, we're running on the Java version. I'll post some pictures soon, we've been working on spawn a bit and I've been working on a nether hub.

Dang! Would have been fun to play with some other people who get really into the game. I play with a few friends but none of them are as into it as me!

I feel that, I've definitely been putting in a lot of hours lately, mostly alone! I'm loving the new updates though. I finished the nether hub last night, using a bunch of the new blocks:
Spoiler

I invited a few friends from other places too and they've been working on a little base around spawn
Spoiler

PS @ Gust Hubb: The 1.16.4 update just came out and it will probably be the default on the Minecraft launcher, but the server is still running on 1.16.3 until it auto-updates sometime in the next few days.

Thanks man. I have been out on a road trip for the past couple of weeks. Gonna get back my bearings and maybe will join in the future. I am also distracted by The Long Dark, haha. Really fun game, though I may break from it soon.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#4268 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:51 AM

I picked it up, built a tower of some 150 units and then a railway of about 4800 units.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4269 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:41 PM

Between getting a bit burnt out on Minecraft and my partner visiting over the Holidays I haven't really been on the server much lately. TreeHogg has been playing a bit and keeping me updated, but he's getting burnt out too and hasn't seen much activity around.

I'm happy to keep the server up, but I may take it down at the end of the month if there are no objections. I'll backup and the map if we want to put it up again. I had fun!

This post has been edited by Dadding: 06 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

#4270 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:50 AM

I still get the connection timed out alas - I'm going to have to check ports etc properly as surely even the naff rural internet I have should connect?!?!!
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#4271 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:43 AM

Yeah, thank you for the trial run Dadding. Sorry, life and other things happened, so I disappeared from joining you. But it was fun seeing your treehouse.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#4272 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:47 AM

View PostMessremb, on 12 January 2021 - 07:50 AM, said:

I still get the connection timed out alas - I'm going to have to check ports etc properly as surely even the naff rural internet I have should connect?!?!!

Yeah I'm not sure what the problem is there. Usually it takes a minute to connect when nobody else is on (the server has to reboot itself, since it turns off when nobody is on for a few minutes), but I've never had anyone else run into that particular problem, sorry!

View PostGust Hubb, on 12 January 2021 - 10:43 AM, said:

Yeah, thank you for the trial run Dadding. Sorry, life and other things happened, so I disappeared from joining you. But it was fun seeing your treehouse.

That's totally fine, it happens. We had a good run. And always happy to put it up again sometime in the future.

#4273 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:17 PM

My kids have now got into minecraft in a bigger way on the Switch. My daughter makes huge roller coasters that go up above the clouds, while my son has been making loads of things, including replicas of Botw's Divine beasts, along with Hyrule castle in the middle.

I've been back on too. Started an ocean biome about a week ago on creative, and started building a replica of the Hms Surprise. So far its been a nice break from everything as it's so absorbing, and whereas I was just going to build a ship to start, I'm now looking at reference pics to get it looking right.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 12 January 2021 - 12:19 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#4274 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:40 AM

View PostTraveller, on 12 January 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

I was just going to build a ship to start, I'm now looking at reference pics to get it looking right.

Careful, that's a slippery slope to filling up way too much time and hard drive space! Speaking from personal experience...

Posted Image

#4275 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:35 AM

Oh it's ok I'm playing on the Switch this time around. No idea what version or anything; I just put it on Creative mode and chose the Ocean Monument biome for a suitable setting.

Got 3 decks in place now, hull finished and bow tweaked to look more authentic.
Used sponges to empty water out once I was happy with the hull. There's about two thirds of the ship under water which makes it seem sticky and bloated when seen underwater from the side, seems but its actually how they were from pics of them in the dry dock.

I wish you could rotate step blocks sideways so I could grade the stern cabin out a bit more gradually. Also glass in this texture pack is a bit shit.

I assumed all ships of the Line had a poop deck, or at least a deck over the cabin, but Surprise has one continuous upper deck, with the cabin in the stern underneath it. It's quite cramped down there as the hull proportions only leave enough room for a 2 block high space; I've changed some of the deck to slab blocks for more room but it's probably accurate as it is, the gunndecks were notoriously cramped. And you can't hang lanterns from slabs so its limited.

Which there was a way of doing rigging.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 January 2021 - 09:39 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#4276 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 02 September 2021 - 10:01 PM

Felt like playing some survival Minecraft, so I put the server back up! I deleted most of the chunks outside of spawn / a couple other inhabited places so that the new 1.17 features can be found (will probably do it again once 1.18 drops in the next few months) and added a few vanilla tweaks like player/mob head drops, multiplayer sleeping, and anti-enderman griefing.

As always, let me know if anyone wants to join!

#4277 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 03 September 2021 - 07:42 AM

I will say one thing: building zombie and skeleton spawner farms in survival is a lot more hazardous than it looks, especially when you include the water lift mob dropping functionality. But it is worth the effort.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#4278 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 04 September 2021 - 08:43 AM

View PostGorefest, on 03 September 2021 - 07:42 AM, said:

I will say one thing: building zombie and skeleton spawner farms in survival is a lot more hazardous than it looks, especially when you include the water lift mob dropping functionality. But it is worth the effort.

I've been really impressed with how Minecraft feels like it's getting harder over the years. First they introduce Elytra which means you're not wearing a tanky chestplate all the time, now you're better off wearing at least one gold piece in the Nether which cuts down on your armour too, and then there are Bastions and Woodland Manors and Raids and ocean monuments. Minecraft is actually pretty challenging at times, I died twice today!

#4279 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 02 December 2021 - 07:25 AM

1.18 just came out! There are some pretty cool mountains ...
Spoiler

Realms have been having some render distance issues with 1.18 so I've switched over to a proper server instead of the Mojang integrated option, it's running a lot faster and can support 20-32-chunk render distance (instead of <10 you get on a Realm), and it's cheaper. Haven't seen a lot of activity on the Realm lately, but I've got some friends exploring 1.18 with me. If anyone wants to join (Java) let me know! - It's the Realms map ported over minus some chunk pruning and the new chunk blending. I'm leaving the Realm up while I transfer things over properly, but this seems like the better option.

#4280 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 02 December 2021 - 08:54 AM

1.18 really made a difference. Terrain generation is crazy now, everything feels bigger, every cave is a little more threatening. I found one near my new seed's world spawn that drops from around 70 at the entrance to below deepslate level. And you can see all the way down there. I'm looking forward to having an explore.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users