• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2741 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

Sucks we might have to restart, but it doesn't make sense to play an outdated version of the game. I don't know what to think.
Error: Signature not valid

#2742 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

It does suck having to start over. If these is no other option then we have no choice but to start anew. I think starting a new server will give us more opportunities. We can lay out a new town with a better plan than the current one - different zones, bigger residential lots, and other crap. People might be hesitant to leave their creations but I think it will be worth it. Maybe it would help if people were given materials to rebuild their creations? The only thing I'm thinking about is if the server will have to be reset again once the game comes out, cause that would also suck. So my vote (if there is or ever will be a vote) is to start a new server if its necessary.
No Touchy.

#2743 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

My vote is to start a new server map, randomly copy+paste the current world's structures into the unexplored wilderness of the new world and people who explore far and wind might come across the old structures.

And if there must be maps of the new world, they have to be cropped to just the center new area so structures in the wilderness aren't on the map until they are found.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2744 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:19 AM

I just wish there was a clear answer. Do we need to start a new server to get the whole update, or is going to new chunks enough? At this point I have heard both answers as being the certain truth.

#2745 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:38 AM

I think we honestly won't know until the formal release of 1.8 as to what features work correctly on an old world.

#2746 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:40 AM

Isn't it supposed to come out 9/12?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2747 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:10 AM

Yeah, just like it was supposed to come out 9/8.

#2748 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hopefully it will come out 9/15?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2749 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

Hopefully. I don't want to build anything else until I see what the plan is going to be

This post has been edited by Raymond Luxury Yacht: 12 September 2011 - 06:25 AM

#2750 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

Me and HO were talking last evening in-game and he is exploring possibility of hosting a parallel server. I would pass off the pre 1.8 world to him to host as long as he feels like it. I would restart my server with a new file. I could also make available the world file to anybody who wants it to continue in single player.

My interpretation from what I've read, 1.8 will not break pre 1.8 worlds. There are some differences in the way the new biomes are coded and some of the new content is dependent on the coding for the new biomes...and for whatever reason that isn't entirely compatible with 1.7 worlds. In other words, simply "going far away to generate new chunks" isn't sufficient anymore.

Therefore, we would not break our existing world, simply have no access to some of the new content, though I'm not exactly sure what that would be.

Caveat: My interpretation is subject to interpretation and might be completely wrong. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm not going to change anything in a rush
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2751 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

Shouldn't it be possible to simply import our map into a 1.8 map. It's possible to do so with individual structures, so why not the whole map?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2752 User is offline   SabreUr 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Fencing, IIWW Reenactment, Sportshooting, ASG, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Military History of XX and XXI century

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

According to minecraft wikia, full version will be released in November, and before that, there will be one more major update. Maybe we should wait for full version with server restart? 1.8 can be incompatible with 1.9 and so on...

This post has been edited by SabreUr: 12 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

He is one d'ivers short of a convergence.

#2753 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

I say we blow everything up with TNT and make a new server...

#2754 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

I know I'm not online as often as the rest of you folks, but my vote would be to continue playing the current version and just not update until final release in November.

Think about it:

- Promises of 1.8 being adventure update
- PAX showing displays that not everything will be ready for a true 1.8
- From lurking /r/Minecraft I've learned that Mojang now intends for there to be a 1.8.1 or something like that which includes the rest of the originally promised 1.8 material
- The above may also be called 1.9 and include a Nether update.
- 'leak' of 1.8 called the pre-release
- True 1.8 release continually getting pushed back

My conclusion:

Notch and Jeb have gotten a lot of great feedback on easy ways to make biomes better (search for swamp topics on /r/Minecraft for examples) as well as wanting to work on the Nether and other aspects of the game all before final launch - supposedly in November (the 20th? I think). My bet is that true 1.8 won't launch until at least 9/20/2011. Mojang will get even more awesome ideas and launch some sort of 1.9 Biome update at the end of October(since playing with the terrain generation seems to take longer to code than other kinds of updates). That gives them less than a month iron out all bugs for final launch. So either they postpone the Nether update that was talked about for an expansion on the game post-launch, or the true launch date gets pushed back until after MineCon.

So, I say we just wait out all of the potentially world-breaking updates until there is a final release version and then scrap our world and make a new server with stable(as can be) features. It's only going to be a 3 month wait.

#2755 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

i'm cool with that. No need to hurry up for what might be nothing in the end.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2756 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

New biomes might be very appealing to some people, but they really don't add anything to the game for me. Villages with mobs? Why?

Personally, Minecraft is about the building. So the biomes don't add anything, unless there are new materials to be had. If they're going to update, I'd like more blocks types and materials to make better things with. I'm getting bored with it now because
everything is looking samey, as there are limits to what you can do with blocks, half blocks and posts, whatever texture pack you have.

I've had hours of fun with it so far, but ideally the updates should help with more refined, personalised construction, rather than a load of different scenery to build it in.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 12 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2757 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:07 AM

Knowing that the server will be reset anyway, whats the point in playing this one? why would someone build stuff for 3 months with the knowledge that it will be reset in a while? Unless there's still hope for it being compatible with the update.
No Touchy.

#2758 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:37 AM

So I guess if we do parallel servers, we can have a portal ingame to go back and forth between the two separate worlds, one running the old version, one running 1.8. That would be awesome.

#2759 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:40 AM

Raymond Luxury Yacht, on 13 September 2011 - 01:37 AM, said:

So I guess if we do parallel servers, we can have a portal ingame to go back and forth between the two separate worlds, one running the old version, one running 1.8. That would be awesome.

This.

It'll be awesome.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#2760 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:59 AM

A Demon Llama!, on 13 September 2011 - 12:07 AM, said:

Knowing that the server will be reset anyway, whats the point in playing this one? why would someone build stuff for 3 months with the knowledge that it will be reset in a while? Unless there's still hope for it being compatible with the update.

To be honest, this is the reason I can't bring myself to play SSP right now. There's no incentive if I'll just want to restart with the new update.

And I like the portal between the old and new world idea, too! I read about some people doing that on /r/Minecraft, today, too. And no, I do not surf reddit too much, how dare you suggest such a thing! ;)

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users