• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2481 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:43 PM

Messremb's Highway Maintenance are pleased to report the completion of our latest project - the lowering of every street to ground level. We eagerly anticipate the advances to be made now there isn't a 1/2 block rise to get onto the roads... plus it looks a damned sight better.

What's with people putting a wall in front of their sites?

I'll knock up a town map shortly, only a rough one though as I don't have direct access to live server files, should be enough to show a general layout
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2482 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

Hey guys, what's it take to get onto the Malazan MC Server? I probably won't be able to be a full timer, but I'd love to log in to look around and maybe grab a chunk of land for myself somewhere in that crazy minecraft wilderness.

#2483 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

Ok, so we connected ourselves via a path to the portal network in the Nether. We connected with HiddenOne. There is an Iris on our portal though.

@HiddenOne sorry for connecting directly to your gate room we didn't know it was that one and we were attacked by pig men.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#2484 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

View PostTarcanus, on 12 August 2011 - 11:58 PM, said:

Hey guys, what's it take to get onto the Malazan MC Server? I probably won't be able to be a full timer, but I'd love to log in to look around and maybe grab a chunk of land for myself somewhere in that crazy minecraft wilderness.

You need to PM Cerveza Fiesta, who is our server master in all things minecraft, and get added to the whitelist.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2485 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:48 AM

Regarding walls in front of property, I threw one up so I could have a secure mob free lot. If it was all about the looks I would leave it open, but I can't have more creepers popping off next to my house.

Traveller, if it makes the difference between you joining the town or not, go ahead and use mod powers if you want. You won't be the only one. Come, join us. No one is going to get too bent out of shape if you spawn yourself some cobblestone, but if tomorrow we see a mansion constructed completely of diamond it might raise some eyebrows.

Basically, there are no rules, only guidelines, and we only have a few of those. Everyone take one lot, no towers or huge tacky builds, after you claim a lot please lay one out for the next guy, and keep mod powers minimal on private buildings. Every one of these has been ignored and we haven't run anyone out of town.
Error: Signature not valid

#2486 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 13 August 2011 - 01:48 AM, said:

Regarding walls in front of property, I threw one up so I could have a secure mob free lot. If it was all about the looks I would leave it open, but I can't have more creepers popping off next to my house.

It should be possible to prevent any mobs from spawning in the town just with light...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2487 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:13 AM

If we have a secure perimeter, but right now we don't. Someday we will, but right now creepers can wander in from a lot of places. Once we are l

#2488 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

Locked down overall I might pull down my wall.

#2489 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:48 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 13 August 2011 - 03:14 AM, said:

Locked down overall I might pull down my wall.

A nice alternative is. dig 1 hole deep along the front of your property and fill it with freshly cut timbre (not wooden planks) and then get some sheers and cut the leafs off trees, get lots and lots and build a hedge on top of the timber blocks. (that way it wont die off) and if you build it 2 high and maybe add a doorway that should stop most mobs from getting in. not sure if spiders can climb leafs. I did it at mine. I think it looks pretty nice. I'll take it down if there's any complains though.

-Sammehmander
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#2490 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

I like the hedge fences but I think there ate already a couple people using them, so I don't want to rip them off. I am fine with my sandstone and darkwood.

#2491 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

@ DW no worries, use my portal as needed, I'll place a chest for the toll

If anybody makes a tower out of diamond, I will have to comandeer some of it everyday, I love them diamonds

Does this mean our town zoning laws prevent keep/fortress type construction? No dirt huts to quiver in? How about a house of burning Netherwrack?

You guys are no fun at all
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2492 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

Right got a rough town map up, nothing special but it'll do.

Red is occupied lots, Green vacant, Blue reserved for town buildings, Grey is potential lots. Dark blue border indicates where the sea gets too close for a lot.

Posted Image

@HiddenOne: If anyone makes a tower out of diamond I'll commandeer a floor or two of it!

I see no problems with a burning Netherwrack house so long as you don't set anyone elses on fire.

Edit: Portal is in the middle blue square
Edit 2: Okay, South is at the top. That's the way I'm thinking of the town is all.

This post has been edited by Messremb: 13 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2493 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

As far as zoning goes, this might be too ambitious but here's my concept of the town's sub-divisions. It might look huge, but making buildings that don't feel sub-scale on the inside takes a lot of land. Feel free to comment, criticize or reject outright :p

Attached File  Untitled.png (252.63K)
Number of downloads: 1

Red Lines - major streets

Rich Residential Neighbourhood (where we're building now) - big lots for big houses, a neighbourhood park, community center where the rich folk can complain about their servants, scenic views, private marina, etc

Other residential areas - smaller lots, corner stores, a couple local taverns, etc

Downtown Core - Office buildings, pubs, mayor's office and other government buildings, special commercial shops, possibly some cramped apartment complexes, etc. Surrounded by a ring of commercial stores on its edges

Commercial Sector - bigger stores that wouldn't fit in downtown, possibly a giant shopping mall or market

Industrial Area - factories, fishing and shipping docks, warehouses, etc

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2494 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

Wow, you're getting all sim with this, aren't you? I like, I wasn't thinking nearly as ambitious.

#2495 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

This looks like its really taking off.

Thanks for the responses; don't worry I won't be building any diamond towers I promise (just a big temple out of lapis lazuli with a gold roof).

It just wanted to feel free to build without breaking anyone elses rules - I'll keep the op to a minimum when I can, I'm sure I have chests stuffed full of materials laying about the place anyway.

I'll have to come and see what you guys are up to over there.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 13 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2496 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

I think I just got booted from the server and I can't log back on - I was staring down a bloody creeper when it cut out too. Here's hoping I don't log on later to find a massive hole in my newly built castle roof and my belongings scattered to the winds :p
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#2497 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

Hi guys.

Very sorry about the server being down. I can't communicate with it either and have received no message from myhosting.ca.

I have no idea what's going on but I suspect it's just unscheduled maintenance. Will check on it through the day and hopefully be back up and running before too long.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2498 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

Apparently the server is over whatever fit it was taking earlier.

Things are up and running again.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2499 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Same thing happened at the same time yesterday - 14:00 UK time (approx) the server dumped everyone for 30min.

#2500 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

I was playing when Shiara and adb2 got booted but the server stayed stable for me for another 10minutes till I decided to log, unless I log back in to find all that I built in that time, unregistered. Will Find out tomorrow.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

36 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users