• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2461 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

Yea there are numerous youtube vids of working lighthouses and how to put them together.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2462 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

There needs to definitely be some dedicated green space.
No Touchy.

#2463 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

The lot direclty behind the town hall plot is where the rail tunnel popped out, so that works out as far as ensuring access to the rail. For a dedicated park plot, maybe across the road from the town hall plot? It's unclaimed and would look nice as a manicured park across from the eventual town hall.
Error: Signature not valid

#2464 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

Ok, there should be wood in the big dirt tower to make signs to claim that lot as a 'park' lot.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2465 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

No wait, I must have that plot to build my giant pollution factory!!!

Yes, that's all we make there, pollution.

Our server is too clean and healthy
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2466 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

I knew the smoggies would get in there somehow!!!!

YOu guys should go no materials for this town...ie you go in with a bare inventory and have to find everything in the environment in, around and under the town.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2467 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

I'm stood watching Obdigore TNT away his huge brick house. If anyone finds craters from random TNT crates in their site get him to fix them - one rogue flying crate took out half my front lawn!

I've brought in materials from my base, I don't really fancy digging out the amount of soil I used for landscaping over again. Pretty much everything else is from here though. Well, apart from the coal too.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2468 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

It's a bit late now I think but side streets deffinitely would have been good to break up the layout a bit, as it is we have a giant T shape of lots.

Also I second the need for a nicely design park with trees, flowers and ponds, they're always fun to make :p

note: I admit I cheated for my blocks fence thanks to obdigore (because clay is the devil to find) but everything else I've used has basically been sourced on site. *goes to sit in the corner*

This post has been edited by Wolfy: 12 August 2011 - 01:41 AM

#2469 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:09 AM

I'm not sure we should encourage plundering the town's surrounds, it can look unsightly (and I have a thing about people only chopping down the first few blocks of tree and leaving the canopy up there HOW HARD IS IT TO TAKE OUT THE ENTIRE TREE AND PLANT A NEW ONE?) *ahem*, and is unsustainable; any new neighbours would have to venture further and further afield to get their supplies anyway. My vote is for bringing in what we can from our established bases and maybe have some basic materials available for free in the town hall (like dirt, cobblestone, etc.).
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#2470 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

If there were rules, which there aren't, and I made them, which I don't, we would bring most everything we can in from home. No cheating on private buildings and minimally on public ones. We would also start adding a side street every two lots as we build. It started a bit wonky, but that will later add to its charm. There will be a strange improperly laid out old part of town.

I'm glad everyone is getting on board with this project

#2471 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

If there were rules, which there aren't, and I made them, which I don't, we would bring most everything we can in from home. No cheating on private buildings and minimally on public ones. We would also start adding a side street every two lots as we build. It started a bit wonky, but that will later add to its charm. There will be a strange improperly laid out old part of town.

I'm glad everyone is getting on board with this project

#2472 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

This looks like a good project, nice to see everyone working in the same area.

I'd like to come over at some point when I get some inspiration, and some time, but i'm not sure I like the idea of being de-opped and having to go all the way back to my base for re-mining materials.

I like the game for the creation aspect, and I'm really not fussed about where I get the material from - if I need bricks, I don't want to have to paddle off round the coast looking for clay, I want to /give myself the small quantity that I would expect to find if I'd just spent two hours doing just that. I don't spawn millions of unusual materials, or abuse the op powers, but I really have no problem with replenishing tools, and giving myself timber and stone to work with. I've mined so much stuff since I started playing, and I have limited time to play, so I like to come in and build when I have a new idea. If I have to spend hours digging to restock tools and provide basic components like glass and brick, I might leave it for now.

What I mean is, I didn't come up with the city idea, so it's not for me to choose the rules; I'm just saying that if the general consensus is no op-powers (I can't call it cheating because, well, it's not) then personally I would be discouraged from joining in. I like using all tools available to build things, in an place where other people can visit them if they want to, rather than playing it like a game.

Btw, cheers to everyone who provided all the map info, it's really useful.

Just a suggestion, but I agree with CF about leaving topography to an extent - real towns and villages make use of the shape of the ground, and it in turn shapes what you can build, with interesting results, as you have to build around what is there.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 12 August 2011 - 09:41 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2473 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

You guys should let Traveller do what he wants. This guy built a whole civilization in my neighborhood while I was still punching rocks.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2474 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:03 PM

It is true. Traveller, Morgoth and Apt have the most extensive creations to date. Darkwatch and his buddies have a stellar project too...but it is a long way from completion.

I hate seeing it on the zoomable map now, Traveller has a whole damn town, temple, castle, port....

Moon spawn, which took eons to build and my castle which took even more eons to build look soo fucking puny by comparison.

To each his own in the new frontier then. I have been getting a bit bored of late because Op powers are too tempting and make the game way too easy. I am going to remove myself from the op list. If it comes down to it I can always jump on the server interface if somebody needs help or if a glitch kills somebody's inventory, but it will prevent me from easily spawning stuff for myself so easily in the future.

EDIT

It is done. I am no longer an in-game op and can no longer spawn junk in game. If somebody needs help and there is no other op online, I can still help via server interface, but I'll no longer be helping myself to free goodies.

EDIT EDIT

Is anybody making a treehouse in town yet?

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 12 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2475 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

I don't think anyone is doing a treehouse. Mess and I went ahead and added 4 more plots so that DW and his friends could all have plots next to each other.

#2476 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

So what's the aesthetic of the town? I know I can't build any massive towers but, are there any other limitations?
Also I need to explore the Nether a bit more and we need to add more signs saying which way is which.

The first trench, after a bit of neglect (sustenance buildings and such), is nearly complete all the way down to bedrock. Now we just have to make seven more of those.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#2477 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Would anyone mind if i also took the lot beside mine? or half of it. i started planning my house and it looks like i would need some extra space. It would help me out A LOT....

Edit: Also, its not gonna be some intrusive thing. It will be awesome.

This post has been edited by A Demon Llama!: 12 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

No Touchy.

#2478 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 12 August 2011 - 05:59 PM, said:

Would anyone mind if i also took the lot beside mine? or half of it. i started planning my house and it looks like i would need some extra space. It would help me out A LOT....

Edit: Also, its not gonna be some intrusive thing. It will be awesome.

And I'll take the other half for my factory/brothel

#2479 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

Hrm.

40x40 is plenty of space.

#2480 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

Its a decent amount of space, wouldnt say plenty.. I realize there are some guidelines but it wont hurt anyone. There is no one beside me and the town is only expanding longways, and no one is going width ways... if that makes sense, so il utilize that space. Also, it will make for a better town cause the population will be happy with nice COMPLETE houses. Also, another point. I will cry. I am ready to sell my body for that lot.
No Touchy.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

37 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 37 guests, 0 anonymous users