• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1521 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

That was indeed a lot of fun. After Sheve, Trav and I rebuilt the mechanism, Trav and I took out all the torches again and it seems to be working (though a lot of loot gets stuck in the middle of the end-point. We also opened a room under the end-point for loot to drop down to further, hoping to make it all flow into a single collection point, and that remains a work in progress.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1522 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 14 January 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

EDIT

Was reading about the oodles of new content and skellys no longer drop arrows, but bones. Bones are crushed into bonemeal which can be combined with squid ink to form grey dyes.

They will drop arrows too.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1523 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:29 AM

I think this was the Mincecraft equivelant of a WOW-instance.

#1524 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:45 AM

yes, glad I was there for it.

We need to do that again sometime.

Empty somebody's fort of torches and then hang around it for awhile so it fills up real good, then instance clear the fort.

Could do it with M S...lots of twists and turns in there.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 15 January 2011 - 06:46 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1525 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

View PostD, on 14 January 2011 - 11:27 PM, said:

That was indeed a lot of fun. After Sheve, Trav and I rebuilt the mechanism, Trav and I took out all the torches again and it seems to be working (though a lot of loot gets stuck in the middle of the end-point. We also opened a room under the end-point for loot to drop down to further, hoping to make it all flow into a single collection point, and that remains a work in progress.

Very entertaining. Clearing the main room of torches is fun and creepy, as the mobs all start to spawn in the dark while you dash round trying not to fall down the traps.

It might be a good idea to reinforce the 'collection' point (the glass where the mobs collect) with an obsidian frame or cage, so if a creeper does go off in there it doesn't cause a major incident, with more and more mobs filling up the chamber while it gets repaired.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1526 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

I took a stab at improving your single collection point, but there remains a problem when you open up the upper waterfalls to the lower collection area. They cause stagnation points and a lot of the loot ends up getting stuck there.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1527 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 15 January 2011 - 03:19 PM, said:

I took a stab at improving your single collection point, but there remains a problem when you open up the upper waterfalls to the lower collection area. They cause stagnation points and a lot of the loot ends up getting stuck there.

Yeah, that was where we got to when we left. The loot was getting stuck on the steps. It just need simplifying; fewer stages maybe.

EDIT ..yes, kind of like that. Still not much stuff coming down though.

2ND EDIT I've turned them back into water columns - the items are easy enough to retrieve from the individual points, if you stand next to the water column. I just need to do the back ones.

This post has been edited by First Tiger: 15 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1528 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

Apparently the azath dispenses cactus now? Weird.

Nice remodeling of the azath Apt (i think) it works very well now from what I can tell. I also like the addition of lava to the killing chamber.

In other news, MC totally rocks again now that there are monsters. I've been building a round-tower castle up on CF mountain and the monsters add an essential element back into the game I think. It breaks up the drudgery of building big things, cause every 8min or so I have to run back to my shelter on the mountaintop, in which I work on the undercroft of the castle down inside the mountain. Basically 8min of constructing and 8min of digging...with the occasional run for supplies back at moon spawn. Then the monsters started pissing me off so I built a fortified tower over the undercroft entrance so I can snipe pesky creepers before emerging in the morning to continue construction.

You also gotta be careful building spider-proof fortifications these days. Since the patch that enabled wall climbing, all your towers and walls need an overhang to be effective against them. I tried to emergency-tower myself up to get away from one and the fucker killed me when he scaled my tower and knocked me off. First death since monsters and I'm glad to see that my possessions were there when I returned.

Still having problems with giant chunks of the world not loading in multiplayer though.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1529 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

The cactuses coming out of it are the tops popping off the planted cactuses when they grow and hit the glass above the cactus.

The machines works fine now all though some times the spiders keep getting stuck on top of the lava section and the silk burns. So far I have collected some 1500 sulphur and probably 2000 arrows.

You're welcome to take what you need from the chests all that I ask is that you once in a while chip in and leave your character in the collection pool while you sleep or go to work or what ever. If we all take turns collecting material we will soon have a very large cache of weapons and ammo.

#1530 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

I'll start leaving my toon in there some in the evenings. The collection efficiency is pretty high actually. I wonder what the monster-spawning radius is on players. Obviously the whole world does not populate with monsters every night, just the vicinity of the player. Was that a consideration in the size of the azath spawning chamber Apt?

I like the arrow supplly mostly. They are a pain in the hole to make and farm materials for....mainly the flint.

I think I might engage in some light blasting tonight on the undercroft of Castle CF ...just cause I can now.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1531 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

The chunks around a player that spawns monsters are in a 9x9 pattern(you are in the center ofc), each chunk is 16 blocks wide, 16 blocks long, and 128 blocks deep.
They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#1532 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

AHA...my question exactly.

So if we really want to maximize azath output, we need a few "channeling" stations set up around the azath grounds. One person at the center collecting junk, and other players sitting in the stations ensuring that the maximum possible amount of monsters spawns and falls into the traps.

Which makes it even more dorky...like multiple spellcasters channeling spells together for a greater effect.

That'd be a good idea to set up as lesser towers around the main azath, so if you go in to park your toon there to gather materials for the greater good, and somebody else is already there, then you can help out by heading off to one of the channeling towers. Accessible by tunnel or something.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1533 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

The spawning mechanics are a bit weird which you will observe if you stand around in the Azath room for a while. Some time the flow is fast, dozens of monsters every minute other times it slows way down and its a trickle of monsters coming down the chute. I'm not sure what it is that does it. It's not just your own activity, like for example standing still makes the monster spawning stop, because the trickle is some times slow no matter what you are doing.

I have read that through oberservation it has been guesstimated that monsters spawn in a radius between 30 and 60 blocks all around you if it is dark enough. Which is indeed the reason for the size of the dark room. I am a bit concerned that the collection point is a bit too far below ground, but the flow of mobs is reasonable enough.

It did seem like there was a lot more monsters the times where there were more people down in the Azath.

#1534 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

for sure. That's why I was thinking the channeling towers would be awesomesauce. They wouldn't need to be anything fancy, just a protected spot to stand out in the azath grounds. Kind of a redoubt style thing.

OOOh good idea. I'm putting redoubts on Castle CF. This thing is gonna rule.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1535 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

You need to be careful though, with spiders being able to climbs walls and everything.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1536 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

my fortress will be impenetrable once it's done. Spiders can fuck right off.

And now that I have a tower complete it is amazing fun hanging out there at night on the ramparts sniping the monsters out of my work area.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 18 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1537 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

YO apt.

Turns out a lot of squids are spawning in the azath now for some reason. I bashed out a piece of glass and was slaying them by hand but that's....well....dangerous as we've seen in the past.

do you think it's possible to put a cactus floor in the killing chamber to kill the squids too? with the 4 I sworded to death I harvested 15 ink sacks. If you had an auto kill for the squids we'd get that out of the azath too.

Then we just need a way to get cows, pigs and chickens in there and we have all our biological resources except wood coming out of the azath room.....which would be cool.

Another question to Apt...

Do you have the forest isolated from the azath for fire spread? If some numbnuts actually sets fire to the forest is it going to take out the azath too? It would be relatively easy to replant the forest in an hour or so but if that whole tree burned it would be a goddamn disaster. It would be easily accomplished either by getting rid of azath "roots" that reach to the ground or making a fire break all the way around it 4 spaces wide or so.

Last question to apt

It would be really neat to have upper rooms in the azath...plan on making a portal room in there or anything rad like that?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1538 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 18 January 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

YO apt.

Turns out a lot of squids are spawning in the azath now for some reason. I bashed out a piece of glass and was slaying them by hand but that's....well....dangerous as we've seen in the past.

do you think it's possible to put a cactus floor in the killing chamber to kill the squids too? with the 4 I sworded to death I harvested 15 ink sacks. If you had an auto kill for the squids we'd get that out of the azath too.

You can't have water coming in contract with cactuses (or any other plant for that matter) they'll pop.

I saw your mention of the squids after you logged off, I have to say, looking in the water I can't see any squids. Where were they appearing?

I've been trying to wrap my mind around farming squid but I am not sure how you would do it. If they spawn in running water I guess you could make a set of stairs with water running down them and terminating in some kind of cactus or lava trap.

Then we just need a way to get cows, pigs and chickens in there and we have all our biological resources except wood coming out of the azath room.....which would be cool.

I have actually been thinking about those farm animals. I have been placing dirt blocks in one corner of the dark room around the water traps and I am thinking I will make a small section with lots of candles. Not sure if that will actually make the animals spawn, but it's worth a shot.

Do you have the forest isolated from the azath for fire spread? If some numbnuts actually sets fire to the forest is it going to take out the azath too? It would be relatively easy to replant the forest in an hour or so but if that whole tree burned it would be a goddamn disaster. It would be easily accomplished either by getting rid of azath "roots" that reach to the ground or making a fire break all the way around it 4 spaces wide or so.

I don't think that fire would be capable of reaching the tree top. As for the forest itself, if the whole thing burned we could re-plant it relatively fast. Hell, if we were lazy we can spawn fully grown tree stacks.

Last question to apt

It would be really neat to have upper rooms in the azath...plan on making a portal room in there or anything rad like that?

I've been wondering about what to do with the upper area as well. Because of the over sized stair well, it's been sort of hard to figure out. But a portal area would be cool. You're welcome to build what ever you want.

This post has been edited by Jenisapt Rul: 18 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

#1539 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 18 January 2011 - 08:34 PM, said:

YO apt.

You can't have water coming in contract with cactuses (or any other plant for that matter) they'll pop.

I saw your mention of the squids after you logged off, I have to say, looking in the water I can't see any squids. Where were they appearing?

I've been trying to wrap my mind around farming squid but I am not sure how you would do it. If they spawn in running water I guess you could make a set of stairs with water running down them and terminating in some kind of cactus or lava trap.

I have actually been thinking about those farm animals. I have been placing dirt blocks in one corner of the dark room around the water traps and I am thinking I will make a small section with lots of candles. Not sure if that will actually make the animals spawn, but it's worth a shot.

I don't think that fire would be capable of reaching the tree top. As for the forest itself, if the whole thing burned we could re-plant it relatively fast. Hell, if we were lazy we can spawn fully grown tree stacks.

Last question to apt

I've been wondering about what to do with the upper area as well. Because of the over sized stair well, it's been sort of hard to figure out. But a portal area would be cool. You're welcome to build what ever you want.

The squidses were appearing in the main killing chamber on the floor immediately above the loot gathering area.

There was probly 6 of them in there at one point. They came along after about 45min of sitting in the pit.

RE the azath...I may do something. Portal room would be deserved once the nether is added. I was thinking it would be really rad to build a complete floor separating the bottom from the portal room and putting a hedge labyrinth in there...ie spawn a bunch of leaf blocks and put them ontop of log blocks so they don't decay...with enough room above that you could put in torch lighting at ceiling level on little drop blocks

and put cool hidden structures in the maze at certain points.

and make a david bowie skin and hang out in there.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1540 User is offline   hmqb 

• The Abyssmal Army's Official Cult Expert and Brainwasher
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

Ugg i ahvent been able to get on for a while, i've tried dailey but theres ALWAYS some error, like jim not updating yet or right now minecraft being down. So Stuiped.
-

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users