• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#121 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

Aye, Apt, can you set up a multiplayer server for us?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#122 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 20 September 2010 - 04:48 PM, said:

@Tarc

For real man. I think a malazan MP server would be the only MMO I could actually bring myself to play again.

Cooperative building projects would get unreal too.

Like sky-bridges and underground tunnels connecting forts on separate continents. Muwahahahahahaha

After multiplayer, the game really needs a rounding out of the enemy types to enhance the non-building aspects of the game. They have a couple melee, one ranged and one explosive enemy now (not sure what slimes do) but could definitely do with some other stuff. Maybe even sparse daytime enemies like bears and wolves and stuff like that. Maybe even something that flies to make you think harder about wall and fort building.

I'd love for there to be sharks and octupuses in the water along with fish to... well, fish.

When and if flight gets implemented we definitely need some airborn enemies. You shouldn't just be able to fly around above ground with out any danger. But that's what dragons are for.

I would love it if the mobs would become climate specific. Notch has been working on "biomes" which in theory would allow for there to be different weather and geography in one world. So you wont just have a sunny or winter world like it is now. If that is implemented it would be cool to have reindeer, bears, elephants, crocodiles, snakes, etc.

I'd also like elemental mobs. Lava monsters specifically. Ones you could only fight with water for example.

View PostGreen Pig, on 20 September 2010 - 05:30 PM, said:

Moi? I'm not even sure what it takes to set up a server.

My stationary PC is crap and my internet connection is bad. So I don't think I would be the best candidate.

But a Malazan Server would be awesome.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 20 September 2010 - 06:05 PM

#123 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Ahh...website's down - can't even find out how to do it.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#124 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

View PostAptorian, on 20 September 2010 - 06:04 PM, said:

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 20 September 2010 - 04:48 PM, said:

@Tarc

For real man. I think a malazan MP server would be the only MMO I could actually bring myself to play again.

Cooperative building projects would get unreal too.

Like sky-bridges and underground tunnels connecting forts on separate continents. Muwahahahahahaha

After multiplayer, the game really needs a rounding out of the enemy types to enhance the non-building aspects of the game. They have a couple melee, one ranged and one explosive enemy now (not sure what slimes do) but could definitely do with some other stuff. Maybe even sparse daytime enemies like bears and wolves and stuff like that. Maybe even something that flies to make you think harder about wall and fort building.

I'd love for there to be sharks and octupuses in the water along with fish to... well, fish.

When and if flight gets implemented we definitely need some airborn enemies. You shouldn't just be able to fly around above ground with out any danger. But that's what dragons are for.

I would love it if the mobs would become climate specific. Notch has been working on "biomes" which in theory would allow for there to be different weather and geography in one world. So you wont just have a sunny or winter world like it is now. If that is implemented it would be cool to have reindeer, bears, elephants, crocodiles, snakes, etc.

I'd also like elemental mobs. Lava monsters specifically. Ones you could only fight with water for example.

View PostGreen Pig, on 20 September 2010 - 05:30 PM, said:

Moi? I'm not even sure what it takes to set up a server.

My stationary PC is crap and my internet connection is bad. So I don't think I would be the best candidate.

But a Malazan Server would be awesome.

ooooh...elementals are a sweeet idea.

That biome idea sounds fantastic too. So there would be general patches of largely winter weather and other regions of largely summer weather? Temperate climates with seasons would be damn cool too.

If there was a MP server, I'd like it with a common spawn point, cause you'd never find anybody else otherwise. It would also give a good common meeting point for team-ups.

I am buying this game tonight. Fuck.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#125 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

Actually, I think it would be even more fun on a MP world if the MP world creator (server owner, whoever) could specify an area where the players will randomly spawn. That way the players could spawn far enough apart to not be able to find each other right away, but won't be so far away from each other that it makes rescue parties(put together by those players that do manage to find each other) unfeasible. Wouldn't it be cool to run into me, or Apt, and then realize that no one has found Green Pig, yet, so we need to begin search operations all while managing to secure our own land-holdings from monsters and hoping that Green Pig isn't being overwhelmed with mobs. Adds some tension, methinks.

#126 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

You guys think big, I like it. I'm going to buy it as soon as the site is repaired. I just hope all the freaky problems I had at home won't continue.

@Apt - I will look into the things you mentioned next chance I get. Maybe a couple of days.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#127 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

Well, I can't play the game it seems. Some problem with the servers.. *sigh*
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#128 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 20 September 2010 - 06:24 PM, said:

That biome idea sounds fantastic too. So there would be general patches of largely winter weather and other regions of largely summer weather? Temperate climates with seasons would be damn cool too.

If there was a MP server, I'd like it with a common spawn point, cause you'd never find anybody else otherwise. It would also give a good common meeting point for team-ups.

I am buying this game tonight. Fuck.

I don't know if there would be snow and sun at the same time. I think he wants there to be seasons. But he also talked about creating swamps and deserts. And if you could have that, who not snow on the mountain tops... ohhh, and icebergs!

As for the MP you're talking about. The server admin usually has the power to teleport all the players to his position. (An evil trick is to build an obsidian coffin around yourself, teleport people to your position and log out of the game.

There are also numerous programmes that allows you to track the amount of land you have discovered and view what has been constructed, so you can keep and eye on people that way.

If we made a Malazan server I'd want to build a Jadestatue.

#129 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 20 September 2010 - 06:58 PM, said:

Well, I can't play the game it seems. Some problem with the servers.. *sigh*

You already bought it or you're trying to buy it?

If you already downloaded the game you can play it in offline mode. They're currently doing some server reconfiguration to deal with the massive influx of new customers.

#130 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Have yet to buy it. Probably shouldn't do so either, but it looks incredibly entertaining..

Bah..

A malazan server would be great fun. Is it possible to make it invite only or some such?

#131 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:20 PM

When you play in offline mode, it's still able to save your progress, right? I need to find the dev blogs and learn how the gave saves and whatnot, I think.

Have yet to buy it. Probably shouldn't do so either, but it looks incredibly entertaining..

Bah..

A malazan server would be great fun. Is it possible to make it invite only or some such?

It's a highly rewarding game to play, though. You can constantly look over what you've built and feel a wonderful sense of satisfaction. But be warned, it will suck your free time. This past weekend I spent 13 hours playing in two sessions. 9 hours Saturday and 4 hours Sunday. And I don't care one bit because my mountain fastness now has a pit surrounding it and torches in aesthetically pleasing locations all over the mountain I've hollowed out so there is no longer a risk of monsters behind my lines. I have also built skybridges to my floating island as well as started further skybridges to link back to mountains closer to my spawn point (still haven't secured that, yet)

This post has been edited by Tarcanus: 20 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

#132 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

I don't think setting up a server is that difficult, it just needs someone with a computer/internet connection that can cope.

I would do it myself (if the website was running and I could find some instructions) but my wireless network is often rather temperamental and it would probably explode with all of you guys trying to connect to me.

Can you imagine though - we could create a jade giant and the otataral mines and Moon's Spawn and...and...we could build the Silanda in the sea, and that house underwater in RG
Spoiler
(Spoilered just in case.) And...well yeah, loads of other stuff!

#133 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 20 September 2010 - 07:09 PM, said:

Bah..

They are currently doing work on the Multiplayer, optimizing them and other tech stuff that I don't understand. So far there's been no real security. All you needed to log on to a server was the IP address. This unfortunately also means that on the big servers there are Griefers running around destroying peoples projects, setting fires, starting lava floods, etc.

Hopefully that is something they will address now.

View PostTarcanus, on 20 September 2010 - 07:20 PM, said:

When you play in offline mode, it's still able to save your progress, right? I need to find the dev blogs and learn how the gave saves and whatnot, I think.

It saves all the time. It saves at random but also every time you pause the game or open the inventory.

Still it's a good idea to make back-ups of your save files. As Notch himself states, this is the Alpha build, don't get too attached to your save files.

View PostGreen Pig, on 20 September 2010 - 07:36 PM, said:

I don't think setting up a server is that difficult, it just needs someone with a computer/internet connection that can cope.

I would do it myself (if the website was running and I could find some instructions) but my wireless network is often rather temperamental and it would probably explode with all of you guys trying to connect to me.

Can you imagine though - we could create a jade giant and the otataral mines and Moon's Spawn and...and...we could build the Silanda in the sea, and that house underwater in RG
Spoiler
(Spoilered just in case.) And...well yeah, loads of other stuff!

Oh man, a sea azath. So much potential. I now want to build an azath tower. *puts azath tower on list of future projects*

I'm currently thinking of starting a world with snow, levelling out a huge field and building giant throne with a hooded skeleton slumped on top of it.

#134 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

It really looks like a game I would love. Man, I'm so disappointed I couldn't get it today.

#135 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

boo...well I'll buy it tomorrow then. Hahaha

Anybody know the cost of hosting something on a server farm? You could make a really basic website with a password-protected login for Malaz members....then we just go there to play.

Unfortunately, being a mechanical engineer, I have absolutely NO concept of the computer geekery involved in that. Any CS majors or other such wizards know?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#136 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

View PostAptorian, on 20 September 2010 - 07:46 PM, said:

I'm currently thinking of starting a world with snow, levelling out a huge field and building giant throne with a hooded skeleton slumped on top of it.

Sweet Jesus! If Notch does at you say and creates a world with seasons, then you wouldn't have to have a purely icy world to do that and you could build your throne of Omtose Phellack in the same world as, say your jade giant - how awesomely awesome!

#137 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

Just remember, if you build a Malazan world, you may encounter Karsa or Kallor...
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#138 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

Testing out a sprinkler system

#139 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 20 September 2010 - 08:40 PM, said:

Just remember, if you build a Malazan world, you may encounter Karsa or Kallor...

Karsa vs an army of creepers - now there's an epic battle!

#140 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

I suspect his sword actually would outrange the explosions
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users