• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#101 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

What you do is that you unpack the Painterly Package somewhere, say the desktop for easy access. Then you do a search for appdata. Locate the bin file in the .minecraft folder. Inside the bin folder there's a file called something like minecraft or minecraft jar. Open that file using winrar or winzip. When the file opens use the menu to input the stuff from the painterly packages skin folder.

#102 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

View PostGreen Pig, on 19 September 2010 - 08:09 PM, said:

hmmm...minecraft.jar won't open...

Make sure you open it with WinRAR and not just in the explorer window. Then you can copy everything in via the WinRAR window.

#103 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

Try running it under hot water first.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#104 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 19 September 2010 - 09:30 PM, said:

Tapping it upside down onto a hard surface usually does the trick too. I'll try all of your suggestions!

EDIT: Aye, all sorted now, thanks. Interesting changes, all the colours are more vivid. Not sure about the wood effect - makes my summer house look funny but never mind; as Apt will no doubt point out, it has a brick roof, anyway.

I think I'm going to have to travel about a bit and make some more big stuff. Apt's glass roof and indoor garden thing are great. I can never be bothered with the minor details like using cobblestone and stone together, or wood, to make pretty-looking patterns and stuff, and that's just given me a great idea but I'm not telling until it's complete...

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 19 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#105 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:09 AM

Fanmade Minecraft trailer with the Inception soundtrack.

And an even crazier one with "In the Hall of the Mountain King" music:

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 20 September 2010 - 06:26 AM

#106 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

HAHAHA - the creeper at the end of the second one! "WHAT THE SHIT?!"
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#107 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

really really really wish i hadn't read this thread... must resist temptation to buy...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#108 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

View PostAptorian, on 19 September 2010 - 05:23 PM, said:

Are you playing on the Multiplayer servers?

NO, SIngle player

Maybe try and play offline. Turn off your internet connection. Start up the game and chose offline mode.

Didn't know I could do that.

Have you tried downloading the Minecraft launcher that I linked to above?

Yes, it wouldn't work. I used the second one provided by Notch, it has a "Run" option. The others want to find a program to open it with, which I don't have.

EDIT: Also are you playing on a PC or a Mac?

PC

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#109 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

Well, I'm not sure what the hell is going on then, I could probably look around on the Minecraft reddit and see if someone has the same problem, but why don't you take a look yourself?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/

If you can't find anything from the weekend, try and make a new thread (registration takes less than 10 seconds)

I would recommend making a thread on the official minecraft forum, but that place is a cesspool of adolescent idiocy.

Thinking about it one solution comes to mind. At one point the game went black on me too. I had been messing with some of the folders in the .minecraft folders while trying to make the Painterly pack work. Have you been playing around with them? If so, I got the game to work again by just cutting out the bad folder and redownloading the launcher. I have no idea why that worked. I wont recommend doing that though unless it's your last option.

#110 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:17 PM

Lots of cool stuff on r/minecraft:

They're taking down the old minecraft forum and updating, hiring new people to manage it and adding stuff like lists of multiplayer servers.

http://www.reddit.co...aftnet_website/

funny warning poster

Posted Image

A cool concept idea for windmill powered minecarts:

Posted Image

EDIT: Oh and I've updated the OP with lots of useful links and videos from the thread.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 20 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

#111 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

View PostGreen Pig, on 19 September 2010 - 09:43 PM, said:

Tapping it upside down onto a hard surface usually does the trick too. I'll try all of your suggestions!

EDIT: Aye, all sorted now, thanks. Interesting changes, all the colours are more vivid. Not sure about the wood effect - makes my summer house look funny but never mind; as Apt will no doubt point out, it has a brick roof, anyway.

Hm, same problem, can't open it. How did you do it eventually - I have no idea what WinRar is!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 20 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#112 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

View PostTraveller, on 20 September 2010 - 03:40 PM, said:

View PostGreen Pig, on 19 September 2010 - 09:43 PM, said:

Hm, same problem, cant open it. How did you do it eventually - I have no idea what WinRar is!

Are you familiar with Winzip? WinRAR does a similar function - compresses or extracts files from having been compressed. The Painterly Pack comes as a .rar file, which means it's in the WinRAR format. If you don't have WinRAR, I'm sure you can find a download pretty quickly through Google - I'm at work so I can't grab the link for you myself. Once you have WinRAR installed, you should be able to right-click on the mincraft.jar file and select 'Open With' and then select WinRAR from a list of programs on your computer. Once minecraft.jar is open in WinRAR you should be able to just drag and drop the contents of the Skin folder(I think that's what it was called) into the minecraft.jar file within WinRAR.

Hope that helps! I don't think I could go back to what the game looked like before.

This post has been edited by Tarcanus: 20 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

#113 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

Did you read my explanation at the top of the page?

EDIT: Fast Tarcanus is fast.

By the way the game reverts to old textures after every friday update

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 20 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

#114 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:17 PM

@apt

Is that mechanical windmill thing actually buildable yet?

If they incorporated mechanical moving parts into the crafting list so that you could add gears, control levers, piping & pumps for water, etc... It would be fucking incredible.

Imagine the Apt Tower...now imagine a slowly rotating observation tower on top....now imagine the entire apt tower slowly rotating on its own with a non-rotating central staircase to provide access to the observation floor.

They NEED to put that in minecraft. Just by incorporating a means of moving water from one place to the other, powering vehicles, and rotating solid objects, the game (and the things the addicts would build in-game) would achieve an awesomeness level never-before reached by any human creation.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#115 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

I only just started and I'm having trouble finding Iron... the area I settled is pretty barren, though one thing there's plenty of is Coal.
I've been hollowing out a mountain and I'm hoping I won't end up flooding my little fort... building up stone and wood supplies to build a castle of sorts on the top of that mountain come next morning.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#116 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

No it's not available, it's fan made, probably just as a concept that they wanted to show Notch,

There does exist a gear box though, but it was not brought over into Minecraft Alpha.

According to what I read in the thread I got it in, actually adding things like windmills, gears, etc. might be a problem at the current level of the graphics engine. Something about the world being very static and having something these gears would mean all kinds of more complicated parameters would have to be programmed.

But I agree, adding simple Leonardo Da Vinci type contraptions to the world would be very awesome. You could build elevators, catapults, water mills, mechanised tower defenses, etc.

Seeing as Notch will probably never stop adding stuff before he makes a sequel I guess anything is possible. I wish he'd hire some help to make all the ideas into reality.

#117 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

View PostAptorian, on 20 September 2010 - 04:30 PM, said:

No it's not available, it's fan made, probably just as a concept that they wanted to show Notch,

There does exist a gear box though, but it was not brought over into Minecraft Alpha.

According to what I read in the thread I got it in, actually adding things like windmills, gears, etc. might be a problem at the current level of the graphics engine. Something about the world being very static and having something these gears would mean all kinds of more complicated parameters would have to be programmed.

But I agree, adding simple Leonardo Da Vinci type contraptions to the world would be very awesome. You could build elevators, catapults, water mills, mechanised tower defenses, etc.

Seeing as Notch will probably never stop adding stuff before he makes a sequel I guess anything is possible. I wish he'd hire some help to make all the ideas into reality.

Did you read his blog and to-do list? I think stability and multiplayer are the current massive priorities.

If he gets online MP working we absolutely need to make a malazan server so we can all participate in the same world and visit each others' forts.

Imagine the one-uppmanship (and occasional sabotage) that would ensue. Ridiculous.

Plus cooperative dungeoning.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#118 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 20 September 2010 - 04:34 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 20 September 2010 - 04:30 PM, said:

Did you read his blog and to-do list? I think stability and multiplayer are the current massive priorities.

If he gets online MP working we absolutely need to make a malazan server so we can all participate in the same world and visit each others' forts.

Imagine the one-uppmanship (and occasional sabotage) that would ensue. Ridiculous.

Plus cooperative dungeoning.

That would be awesome. An MMO I can finally play and with people that wouldn't be ridiculous d-bags all of the time!

#119 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

@Tarc

For real man. I think a malazan MP server would be the only MMO I could actually bring myself to play again.

Cooperative building projects would get unreal too.

Like sky-bridges and underground tunnels connecting forts on separate continents. Muwahahahahahaha

After multiplayer, the game really needs a rounding out of the enemy types to enhance the non-building aspects of the game. They have a couple melee, one ranged and one explosive enemy now (not sure what slimes do) but could definitely do with some other stuff. Maybe even sparse daytime enemies like bears and wolves and stuff like that. Maybe even something that flies to make you think harder about wall and fort building.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#120 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 20 September 2010 - 04:48 PM, said:

@Tarc

For real man. I think a malazan MP server would be the only MMO I could actually bring myself to play again.

Cooperative building projects would get unreal too.

Like sky-bridges and underground tunnels connecting forts on separate continents. Muwahahahahahaha

After multiplayer, the game really needs a rounding out of the enemy types to enhance the non-building aspects of the game. They have a couple melee, one ranged and one explosive enemy now (not sure what slimes do) but could definitely do with some other stuff. Maybe even sparse daytime enemies like bears and wolves and stuff like that. Maybe even something that flies to make you think harder about wall and fort building.

Yeah, I could see a need for more enemy types. Flying ones would be ridiculous, though. Every shelter would be surrounded by glass to combat the fliers, lol. Unless, of course, they made the fliers explosive - in which case we'd better practice building roofs out of obsidian. I'm currently starting to set up obsidian gatehouses around the two bridges that connect my compound to the dangerous, dark wilderness. It takes a while to lug that much magma out of the caves and into my gatehouses.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users