Malazan Empire: The Watching Trickster Pub - Malazan Empire

• 190 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Watching Trickster Pub Come in, sit down and share your random thoughts with a good pint.

#3721 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:51 AM

I'm trying to develop a small subdivision and i'd like to build about 4 houses in it. This is the first.

So yeah, you could say im scared shitless. But excited.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#3722 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:17 AM

Ho' shit, I needed that.

My lower back is starting to hurt. I suspect tomorrow my feet, legs, and calves will be killing from all the jumping. I may lose my voice.

I totally needed that. Besides running into a bunch of people I haven't seen in ages and catching up, the whole "be part of an energized crown where no one gives a damn" bit.

Plus there was an after-party with T.O."s best Uki DJ.

I'm sure that in 4 hours when my alarm rings I'll start regretting my choices. But man, my "soul" for lack of a better word, feels good after that.

Fuck getting old. ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 18 November 2016 - 07:18 AM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3723 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 18 November 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

I'm trying to develop a small subdivision and i'd like to build about 4 houses in it. This is the first.

So yeah, you could say im scared shitless. But excited.

Oh sweet. Are you trying to build a pattern that can be seen from the sky? Considering your experience I'm guessing you'll do fine.

View PostMentalist, on 18 November 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

Ho' shit, I needed that.

My lower back is starting to hurt. I suspect tomorrow my feet, legs, and calves will be killing from all the jumping. I may lose my voice.

I totally needed that. Besides running into a bunch of people I haven't seen in ages and catching up, the whole "be part of an energized crown where no one gives a damn" bit.

Plus there was an after-party with T.O."s best Uki DJ.

I'm sure that in 4 hours when my alarm rings I'll start regretting my choices. But man, my "soul" for lack of a better word, feels good after that.

Fuck getting old. ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

It's great fun isn't it. I was at two shows two weeks ago and it was great. Luckily it didn't end too late. Unluckily my foot is not 100% yet so I didn't go into the pit.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#3724 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

What'd you do to your foot, DW?

I had some guy almost trample my toes in soccer on Wed, so I was worried about it, too. But once we got into it, didn't feel a thing all night. It worked out well.

#3725 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

Months ago I broke my little toe. As is normal I had to adapt my walking for a while before being able to go back to normal. So about 2 months after breaking my toe I was walking more or so normally. Then, because of those 2 abnormal months, my big toe suffered an infection of some sort at the root of the nail which caused painful swelling which lasted nearly a month and a half. Then nail separation. Luckily a new nail is growing back but will take a while to fully heal and I know my articulation is a bit odd right now so I need to go a see a physio.
The big toe infection is also what led to me consulting 3 different doctors to be prescribed 3 different antibiotics (none of which worked) and the pharmacy giving me the wrong medication on the 3rd one which I was on for a week before the error was discovered only because I went to the pharmacy for another reason (it was a neurological drug, anti-seizure, with really "interesting" side-effects. Luckily I didn't suffer any of them).
So yeah a really small stupid injury has reduced my activities a lot.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#3726 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

Damn, that sucks, DW. Hopefully you're fully on the mend now. Minor injuries can sometimes be the most annoying, precisely because you're not expecting any complications. Been there.

Still, looking outside today, it'll probably still be good biking weather for quite some time.

#3727 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

Yeah it sucks.

Weather here has been rainy then overcast. Cycling is too risky right now.
The Pub is Always Open

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#3728 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

Sunny and bright here. Of course, my window faces south, so even in the heart of winter I end up sweating half the time, because I got a whole wall of windows, and the sun is shining at me all day as it makes its way east -> south -> west.

#3729 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

My place faces mostly East and North, I prefer it that way just wish I had better insulation.
The Pub is Always Open

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#3730 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:17 AM

View PostDarkwatch, on 18 November 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

Months ago I broke my little toe. As is normal I had to adapt my walking for a while before being able to go back to normal. So about 2 months after breaking my toe I was walking more or so normally. Then, because of those 2 abnormal months, my big toe suffered an infection of some sort at the root of the nail which caused painful swelling which lasted nearly a month and a half. Then nail separation. Luckily a new nail is growing back but will take a while to fully heal and I know my articulation is a bit odd right now so I need to go a see a physio.
The big toe infection is also what led to me consulting 3 different doctors to be prescribed 3 different antibiotics (none of which worked) and the pharmacy giving me the wrong medication on the 3rd one which I was on for a week before the error was discovered only because I went to the pharmacy for another reason (it was a neurological drug, anti-seizure, with really "interesting" side-effects. Luckily I didn't suffer any of them).
So yeah a really small stupid injury has reduced my activities a lot.

So are the pharmacy blaming the error on the doctor's handwriting? :question:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3731 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

If only. No the name of the medicine was similar and the lab tech at the pharmacy pulled the wrong bottle.

So remember kids, always re-check and ask if it is the correct medicine you are being given. Just like you do with your elicit drug dealers.

This post has been edited by Darkwatch: 21 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

The Pub is Always Open

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#3732 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:50 PM

So sitting in the archives and it's really quiet, which is normal. Someone sneezes and it's very loud by comparison, but no one does anything.

Internal dialogue:

1. Well yeah it's a nearly uncontrollable bodily function. Who would blame anyone for that?
2. Wait, people hate farts, even if they can't smell them.
1. Yeah but farts can smell, when was the last time a sneeze did anything to anyone?
2. You mean by being a disease vector for the cold or the flu? The flu kills a lot of people every year.
1. Uh...
2. Is there any documented case of a fart spreading a disease?
1. I don't think so. *Quick Google search* Doesn't seem like it.
2. Huh. Why do people say "Bless you" or the equivalent for something that spreads disease but get really mad because of something noisy and smelly but innocuous?
1. I don't know.
2. Well this allowed us some intriguing procrastination.
1. Indeed, good show!

The Pub is Always Open

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#3733 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:54 AM

Anyone have an opinion on roku express vs chromecast (not ultra)?
The Pub is Always Open

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#3734 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:49 AM

This isn't a hardware comparison per se: I don't know if they still do it, but I got a Roku last year and avoided the Chromecast specifically because Google & Amazon are enemies and you can't easily do Amazon Prime streaming on a Chromecast. Roku has no such issues.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3735 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:20 AM

Good point to consider. Good news for Roku though.

I own a gen 1 Chromecast, and feel like changing to either the Gen 2 or the Roku and use the old one for travelling.
The Pub is Always Open

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#3736 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:38 AM

Ah, pain. Glorious, dull muscle pain.

doing even basic exercises in the water causes all kinds of funny sensations in the elbow, as I try to stretch it straight. Then when I bend it, there's all kinds of tension pains.

I should've done this a week ago. obviously, I'm not getting any range improvement yet, but it's starting to feel looser. and there's pain, which is good, because for the past almost two weeks it was just stiff, with no bad sensations.

Hopefully the anti-inflammatories start helping somewhat, cuz this physio thing might take a while to set up with the holidays.

#3737 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

The story is cutesy, but more importantly, check out who the 4th tweet from the end is from:

http://www.news.com....de07241ffb6c25b
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3738 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

I've decided to spend extra money for the sake of feeling like I'm doing smth.

our family osteo/therapist can't see me until Thur morning. So, instead of waiting (he's a Uki, formed MD back home, so he's likely to give me the straightest advice with no BS), I'm also getting a formal physio assessment done tonight, close to home, b/c I don't feel like doing nothing.

Oh, also buying forearm training weight bracelets to carry around, so that they'll drag the arm down, forcing it to straighten out.

Also, it's possible that since I started taking the meds, i'm now feeling more heavyness in the elbow. Or it could be my mind screwing with me after my parents made sure I researched al the possible side effects of said meds.

my mother's on the verge of a quiet meltdown (her parents are flying in today to stay with us for about 3 months.) I love my grandparents dearly, but 3 generations under 1 roof is a tad much. I'll be playing psychotherapist a lot in the coming weeks. Which is why I'm almost convinced to go away to a cottage for New Year, despite the expense.

#3739 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:41 PM

View PostMentalist, on 27 December 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

I've decided to spend extra money for the sake of feeling like I'm doing smth.

our family osteo/therapist can't see me until Thur morning. So, instead of waiting (he's a Uki, formed MD back home, so he's likely to give me the straightest advice with no BS), I'm also getting a formal physio assessment done tonight, close to home, b/c I don't feel like doing nothing.

Oh, also buying forearm training weight bracelets to carry around, so that they'll drag the arm down, forcing it to straighten out.

Also, it's possible that since I started taking the meds, i'm now feeling more heavyness in the elbow. Or it could be my mind screwing with me after my parents made sure I researched al the possible side effects of said meds.

my mother's on the verge of a quiet meltdown (her parents are flying in today to stay with us for about 3 months.) I love my grandparents dearly, but 3 generations under 1 roof is a tad much. I'll be playing psychotherapist a lot in the coming weeks. Which is why I'm almost convinced to go away to a cottage for New Year, despite the expense.

Good idea with the weight, combined with the continued exercises it should work out. I need to do my physio regiment for my foot, which I've slack off on quite a bit. I want it back into shape for March or April so that I can start jogging again.

That cottage expense is for your own health. Also, I could not handle playing psychotherapist beyond a day.

My new job is going to require me to go between cities 3 days at a time which kind of screws with my training set up. I'm thinking of getting those training straps and maybe some resistance bands to carry with me so that I can still do something.
Luckily my step brother suggested a great perk that comes with all this travelling: I can visit all the finest microbreweries.

Also went to see Rogue One with my dad. Amazing movie. Go see it.

@Needa: I did not know who that was.
The Pub is Always Open

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#3740 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

So, one of my best friend's girlfriend had her birthday this week. And tonight they decided to host a party.

The plan was, pre-drink and eat some mexican food (she's from Mexico), and then take an uber to a "latin dancing" club of some sort.

Instead, we ended up partying in their apartment till 3 AM. her poor downstairs neighbours....

Just too much awesome retro music, and drinking games.

And due to all the dancing, I think I sweated out most of the alcohol, since i'm feeling pretty coherent right now. Good times all around.

Share this topic:

• 190 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users