• Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 13 June 2010 - 12:42 PM, said:

View PostBrynjar, on 11 June 2010 - 11:46 AM, said:

Eurogamer with news on Deus Ex 3: 1 2 3

I. CANT. WAIT!

You'll like this, then.

No. Not really

In other news, the new MMORPG on star wars looks to be utter shit. But they also seem to produce some of the coolest Star Wars footage ever made.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#82 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

Posted Image

#83 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

is that the Lost island?
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#84 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:39 AM

What do you guys think of microsoft's E3 stuff? The kinect (natal) thingy, the new slim 360, fable three, and a bunch of other games from previously established franchises. No new franchises at all. Lame. I was a bit underwhelmed by it all, but the kinect has potential.

Sony goes tomorrow, we'll see what comes of that.
Error: Signature not valid

#85 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

Kinect is a shit gimmick.

Slim 360 is cool, but only if I can sell my old 'box to take the edge off the price.

The rest of it is expected, standard, and basic. Not too disappointed, I don't ever expect a lot from the keynote speeches.

Also, not sure of my thoughts on the new Medal of Honour game. It's basically Bad Company/Modern Warfare cross...but from the footage I've seen, it doesn't seem as 'visceral' or dangerous. Plus, what range of weapons are they going to have? Modern Warfare-esque existing guns only, or Bad Company-still-experimental/potential future weapons like the XM8? They boast a lot of customisability, though it seems like less character ones, and more weapon ones...so, I'm interested, but I'm also not really sure where it's going to sit in the combat genre...

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#86 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

Oh god. They just revealed Twisted Metal for PS3!

#87 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

I know, how cool does it look?! Weren't you talking about how you wanted a new Twisted Metal game the other day?
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#88 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

Wasn't me, but I really loved Twisted Metal 2 on the PS1.

The Nuke mode looked awesome. Also looks very messy. How many players do they expect to have in a Death Match?

#89 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:51 PM

I really like the look of the new xbox, considering getting one but I need to really justify getting rid of my current elite. The disc drive doesn't open unless I turn the gear inside of the console, but that isn't really that hard, just inconvenient. So we'll see.

Lot of games that I thought looked good so far, though Halo: Reach is one of my favorites so far. I wasn't really impressed with Microsoft this year, it was mostly showing off Kinect (hate the name) and what it can do. I like the voice controls for it but I feel that it is taking the company and the console away from its roots as a hardcore gamer focused system to something a lot more casual and family friendly. Kinectimals anyone? There are really no launch titles for Kinect that interest me. I understand the business of it, of course, but meh.The Crysis, Halo, Gears, etc. is what I am looking for and I would have liked to see more on that stuff.

I want to see a new Elder Scrolls announced, that would make my week. Plus more information on Golden Sun DS, which I may have missed at the Nintendo conference already. Just in case anyone was wondering, Golden Sun and its sequel for the GBA are two of the best RPGs on any handheld.
edit: Yup, I did miss it. There was a gameplay video which was cool.

This post has been edited by Stalker: 16 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

#90 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

My E3 rating so far: 2/10

Sony and M$ failed in their keynotes, not into Kinect.

The new Reach campaign footage is awesome. Goldeneye rebooted for Wii? Epic.

If TES:V does not get announced this E3, I am going to be epic disappointed. That means a late 2011 release at the earliest, which would be fine if they told us, but not if they don't tell us.

Just sell your elite. It will take the price edge off the new 'slim' 360. I'm considering doing that with my own original Xbox, though not sure I'll get much for it, lol.

RE: Golden Sun, the sequel is called Dark Dawn or similar, and was formally announced at the Nintendo keynote. Atm Wii is winning the show, what with that, the failure that is Kinect and Move, and the Goldeneye reboot. :thumbsup:

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#91 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:58 AM

How did Sony fail in their keynote? They were miles better than Microsoft, who tanked something severe with Kinect.

Bethesda's been working on a new RPG so I'm not sure of the likelihood that there's going to be a TES5 game either...
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#92 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:15 AM

I caught the end of Sony's conference and it seemed better than Microsoft's. I really agree with Silencer about Nintendo taking this show so far, they have some great titles announced like Zelda, Goldeneye, Kid Icarus, Golden Sun, looking like a good line up. Microsoft was basically showing what Wii did three years ago, the Kinect sports and other casual games, though Kinect Star Wars is a great idea.

Speaking of tanking Keynotes, anyone catch Ubisoft's? That was horrible. I liked Ghost Recon and Assassin's Creed but their other products were weird. There was this "game" called innergy that helps relieve stress by showing you how to master your breathing. The demo consisted of a sine curve that tells you when to breathe in and out.

#93 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:20 AM

M$ and $ony failed because their major features are 1) sequels, and 2) copies of Wii functionality, only 4 fucking years later.
I'll quote my FB status from yesterday...
"The tigerling petting game almost made me cry. The tigerling is adorable, true, but really, WTF, World? Is petting imaginary animals that you can't even feel the future of gaming?"
Further read: http://www.cracked.c...om-e3-2010.html
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#94 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:59 AM

View PostMTS, on 16 June 2010 - 12:58 AM, said:

How did Sony fail in their keynote? They were miles better than Microsoft, who tanked something severe with Kinect.

Bethesda's been working on a new RPG so I'm not sure of the likelihood that there's going to be a TES5 game either...

To answer you:

View PostGothos, on 16 June 2010 - 06:20 AM, said:

M$ and $ony failed because their major features are 1) sequels, and 2) copies of Wii functionality, only 4 fucking years later.
I'll quote my FB status from yesterday...
"The tigerling petting game almost made me cry. The tigerling is adorable, true, but really, WTF, World? Is petting imaginary animals that you can't even feel the future of gaming?"
Further read: http://www.cracked.c...om-e3-2010.html

This.

View PostStalker, on 16 June 2010 - 03:15 AM, said:

I caught the end of Sony's conference and it seemed better than Microsoft's. I really agree with Silencer about Nintendo taking this show so far, they have some great titles announced like Zelda, Goldeneye, Kid Icarus, Golden Sun, looking like a good line up. Microsoft was basically showing what Wii did three years ago, the Kinect sports and other casual games, though Kinect Star Wars is a great idea.

Speaking of tanking Keynotes, anyone catch Ubisoft's? That was horrible. I liked Ghost Recon and Assassin's Creed but their other products were weird. There was this "game" called innergy that helps relieve stress by showing you how to master your breathing. The demo consisted of a sine curve that tells you when to breathe in and out.

I didn't see the full Ubi keynote, but yes, I like the look of Ghost Recon, though I'm not sold on it yet (basically, we saw one gimmick...not much else out of the ordinary, though that's not necessarily a bad thing). Haven't caught up on the Creed, had an exam today. XD
And yes, Sony's was better than Microsoft's, but not by a lot.

Shinrei said:

#95 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:35 AM

One thing's for certain, I'm definitely getting that 3ds when it comes out. The dsi and the big ds for old people where really just shite remakes, but this new hardware looks fucking spectacular!
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#96 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:07 AM

One good news for PS3 people: Steam is coming to their console apparently.

#97 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

Has any one played left for dead team zombies vs survivors? Its pure pleasure.

Im currently playing Dragon Age:origins, Its not oblivion but pretty good fun, I hear its born from the same people that produced mass effect.
The storyline aint bad and the difficulty settings almost re-invent the game.

I'm a square enix fan, Anyone want to recommend any good new titles?
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#98 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

It shows that it has a lot in common with Mass Effect - the overall curve of the storyline, party composition (ok, so the assassin guy is kinda new), the overal feel - very similar. Grey Wardens - Spectres, gathering armies - investigating geth activity, it only lacks someone of Saren's quality really.

#99 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:25 PM

Saren was a fucking Bad Ass. I didn't like his fate in ME1. Generally those cat lizard people look awesome.

#100 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

turians are avian

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users