• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#101 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

They look like cat lizard people. They have stone like plates for skin. Their faces look feeline. If it shoots ray guns like a duck. And flies hyper space destroyers like a duck. It probably is a duck.

#102 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

Their skin has a thin metallic layer to counter a high level of radiation on their home planet. It's all in the in-game database...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#103 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

View PostGothos, on 16 June 2010 - 09:07 AM, said:

One good news for PS3 people: Steam is coming to their console apparently.

Oh my. This is interesting news. I hadn't heard this, did it come out at E3?
Error: Signature not valid

#104 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

Aye.
http://www.geek.com/...o-ps3-20100616/
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#105 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:36 AM

View PostBrynjar, on 14 June 2010 - 05:29 PM, said:

View PostIlluyankas, on 13 June 2010 - 12:42 PM, said:

View PostBrynjar, on 11 June 2010 - 11:46 AM, said:

Eurogamer with news on Deus Ex 3: 1 2 3

I. CANT. WAIT!

You'll like this, then.

No. Not really.

How about this one?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#106 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:14 AM

Alright, I think my question got lost in the E3 talk, but...

Call of Duty: Black Ops vs Medal of Honour?

What do you guys think from what little we've seen so far? CoD is still looking early-build to me, while MoH has such a paltry, cliché selection of weapons available in the beta (which I may yet participate in), that it makes me want to rage about the over-used mechanics and crappy mainstay weapons we see again and again and again which have arbitrary and useless methods of differentiating between themselves.

>.>

I mean, they both appeal to me, but I don't know anything about either's SP campaign, or their variety. EA/DICE are cool, but Treyarch didn't do too bad with WAW. Argh. Only moneyz for one of these games, 'cuz I'm getting Halo Reach Legendary Edition. :S

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#107 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

Well sony is doing some clever marketing. MoH will be bundled with a remastered old MoH from ps2. Als Dead space 2 will be bundled with a port of the Wii's dead space extraction.

#108 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:14 AM

Anyone playing Diablo 2? Got tempted to try it again, haven't played it for like 7 years... the 800x600 hurts the eyes, but it's still a pretty cool game.
Gonna ask blizz if I can somehow regain my old account name, I've no clue what it was, or even what e-mail address I used back then...

#109 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

View PostGothos, on 18 June 2010 - 11:14 AM, said:

Anyone playing Diablo 2? Got tempted to try it again, haven't played it for like 7 years... the 800x600 hurts the eyes, but it's still a pretty cool game.
Gonna ask blizz if I can somehow regain my old account name, I've no clue what it was, or even what e-mail address I used back then...

Yeah...good luck with that! XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#110 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

Overlord 2 is madness.

I'm a sold fan of Dragon age yet people tell me Mass Effect is just that much cooler sooooo...Should I think about getting mass effect 2 or should I try get a hold of the
first version first just to get a handle on things?
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#111 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

You don't really need to play the first one. It's pretty good, though, I personally enjoyed it almost as much as the second one.

And Mass Effect is just done better than DA:O. They hyped that too much as a spiritual successor to BG2. XD

Shinrei said:

#112 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:29 AM

I haven't played ME1, but Dragon Age is much more fun than ME1. I played straight through Dragon Age twice, didn't even make it all of the way through Mass Effect. ME has more shooter elementws to it though, while DA nails the whole Tolkeinesque epic fantasy. I would go with the DA.

Get ME 1 for cheap. If you like it, then move on to the second.
Error: Signature not valid

#113 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:37 AM

DAO is awesome, no doubt about it. It just didn't quite live up to its full potential, what with the screwup on the forums and the ridiculously hard to use toolset ruining the modding community, and the fact that it had a fairly heavy burden placed on its shoulders to begin with. Protip, NEVER attempt to market something as the spiritual successor to what many consider the absolute pinnacle of the genre...

Shinrei said:

#114 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

I WANT TO PLAY THIS
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#115 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

AAAAAAARRRRRRRHHHH!!!

#116 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

View PostSilencer, on 17 June 2010 - 07:14 AM, said:

Alright, I think my question got lost in the E3 talk, but...

Call of Duty: Black Ops vs Medal of Honour?

What do you guys think from what little we've seen so far? CoD is still looking early-build to me, while MoH has such a paltry, cliché selection of weapons available in the beta (which I may yet participate in), that it makes me want to rage about the over-used mechanics and crappy mainstay weapons we see again and again and again which have arbitrary and useless methods of differentiating between themselves.

>.>

I mean, they both appeal to me, but I don't know anything about either's SP campaign, or their variety. EA/DICE are cool, but Treyarch didn't do too bad with WAW. Argh. Only moneyz for one of these games, 'cuz I'm getting Halo Reach Legendary Edition. :S

To finally answer your question, I say MoH over CoD. I'm very interested to see what EA does with a modern take on war rather than WW2 again. The game focuses on Tier 1 operators, very black ops soldiers, in Afghanistan doing hostage rescue and likely all the other things we expect to see. DICE did a great job with Bad Company 2 multiplayer and the multi-demo looked very similar, which is good though some changes would be cool as well.

Treyarch's Black Ops is taking place mainly in Vietnam, though I believe there will be some missions in present day. I'd expect something similar to WaW for this game with the Vietcong using guerilla tactics, traps, tunnels much like the Japanese. Multiplayer will likely be the same as the last 3 CoD games, which is becoming slightly stale. I went from prestiging 10 times on CoD 4 to 3 times on CoD:WaW to 2 times on MW2. Change can be a good thing and it would be nice here, though unlikely since it is one of the most played games online.

One of my main reasons against CoD is that Treyarch is the developer. To me, CoD is to be played when made by Infinity Ward (though not anymore since everyone is gone there haha). Treyarch's track record of CoD3 and WaW did not impress me. 3 was my least favorite CoD game ever and I stopped playing the game for nearly 2 years before I finally finished it. The campaign in WaW was better than that, but multiplayer was a nearly exact clone of CoD4, adding vehicles, a few different perks, and time-correct weapons. I loved Nazi Zombies though, that was a great addition.

#117 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

#118 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image

#119 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

I like to imagine that the drunk guy is Macros

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLqjfXpdgdg"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oLqjfXpdgdg[/url]

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 27 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

#120 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

Good news for fans of Team Ico's "Ico" and "Shadow of the Colloseus".

http://www.gameranx....ection-for-ps3/

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users