• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#4181 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 March 2022 - 08:06 PM

View Postchamp, on 29 March 2022 - 05:41 PM, said:

They announced first party games won't be added at their launch as this is not meant to be gamepass. They said if they allowed it to happen they couldn't support current investment levels in all the studios projects.

They've announced some first party games though like GoW, Spiderman/Miles, Returnal etc.

I'm not really fussed by the announcement, I'll keep the basic level and see what PS4/5 games they add to the next tier, extra. I cannot think of any games that would drive me to buy premium atm. I've pretty much played all the games I wanted to from the previous systems.

Ahh the old 'we aren't going to give you the benefits of gamepass but we're going to charge like its gamepass' model.

Lets see how it works out for them, Cotton.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#4182 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 30 March 2022 - 03:34 AM

I would be tempted to stump for the highest tier if you could buy the PS1/PS2 games (even though that would be paying for the subscription and the game on top) but it doesn’t sound like you will be able to.

The biggest difference between Game Pass and all these other services like Nintendo’s and Sony’s is that, if you wanted to, you can buy outright any of the games on it, including games from previous generations. None of them are tied exclusively to a subscription/rental-only service.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 30 March 2022 - 04:51 AM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4183 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:32 PM

Anybody tried out Tiny Tinas Wonderland? I'm really wanting to play it, but i'm still neck deep in Elden Ring.

Its been years since i've had a game im excited about playing, and now theres 3 out at the same time (Forbidden West).
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#4184 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 31 March 2022 - 08:21 PM

Anyone played Tie Fighter Total Conversion? An extremely well done mod for 1994 Tie Fighter, using 1999 X-Wing Alliance' engine. (But looking so much better than XWA)

https://youtu.be/oEVrdwZ9bEk

If you played X-Wing, Tie-Fighter etc in the 90's, or if you like a space simulator / shooter, (Tie Fighter was one the best ever made), really, check it out. What you need is an installed version of X-Wing Alliance (1,46 euro's nowadays.)

Link to the mod

This post has been edited by Avatar: 31 March 2022 - 08:28 PM

#4185 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 April 2022 - 12:42 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 31 March 2022 - 07:32 PM, said:

Anybody tried out Tiny Tinas Wonderland? I'm really wanting to play it, but i'm still neck deep in Elden Ring.

Its been years since i've had a game im excited about playing, and now theres 3 out at the same time (Forbidden West).

I've heard Tiny Tina's Wonderland is better than Borderlands 3 but I was so disappointed by BL3, that I can't imagine paying more than 50% for that game. Not to mention that Randy Pitchfork, the company owner, is a massive asshole.

I'm currently nearing the end game of Horizon 2. I'd turn down my expectations for the game. It's not bad but it's got massive design issues with the systems it has you use and a story that has slowly made me loath Aloy. Still, a very impressive game.

#4186 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 April 2022 - 07:24 PM

Oh yeah, E3 is cancelled this year. Supposed to be back 2023. Not surprising, last year's E3 was quite crap if you ask me. I wouldn't be shocked it if ended all together and 2023 doesn't happen. Besides Geoff Keighley's Summer of Games deal seems to be bringing more juice. Also, most game studios and publishers can just do their own communication without a big conference, and control everything from start to finish.

There is a wistful nostalgic soft spot in me for E3 though, and the excitement it brought to the start of summer. Times have changed though.

#4187 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 April 2022 - 05:42 PM

Slay the Spire is one of the games available this month on PS+. I sorta remember it may have been discussed here. What kind of game is it? Is it good?

#4188 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 14 April 2022 - 11:12 AM

Downloaded Vampire Survivors on Steam. £2. Seen a lot of (redacted) playing it recently and it looks like good fun.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4189 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 26 April 2022 - 05:40 PM

Never thought I’d be so annoyed at an upley for game before but I am now. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 coming in July instead of September. I will have to begin stepping up on Cold Steel 4 instead of taking my sweet ass time. Then I have to do Torna as well before XC3. Grr

And still no luck buy a Wii U for Xenoblade X.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#4190 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 27 April 2022 - 07:50 AM

Vampire Survivors is pretty addictive.

Simple premise - survival bullet hell. You have various weapons and powerups, you can carry up to six weapons and six powerups (plus additional powerups if they spawn on the map) and the objective is simply hold out for half an hour. The bullet hell aspect comes in that there are SO MANY enemies constantly spawning. It's graphically undemanding, but even so, my laptop struggles to output it via OBS. Also yes I stream games now. No you can't have a link.

#4191 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 April 2022 - 10:23 AM

Don't be ashamed of your cam girl side hustle, Maark.

#4192 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 27 April 2022 - 11:48 AM

View PostAptorian, on 27 April 2022 - 10:23 AM, said:

Don't be ashamed of your cam girl side hustle, Maark.

It's only a side hustle if it pays, nya.

#4193 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 April 2022 - 05:39 PM

So with E3 cancelled, the schedule is starting to come out for the individual events planned. Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase is set for Sunday, June 12. I hope there will be a significant portion devoted to Starfield at this event. The buzz being generated is that this title is going to be next level.

#4194 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 May 2022 - 04:46 PM

This is pretty cool. Poplar video games interpreted in comic book cover art.

https://www.markscic...c-book-mashups/

#4195 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 May 2022 - 05:28 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 April 2022 - 05:39 PM, said:

So with E3 cancelled, the schedule is starting to come out for the individual events planned. Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase is set for Sunday, June 12. I hope there will be a significant portion devoted to Starfield at this event. The buzz being generated is that this title is going to be next level.

June 12th. Damn, for some reason I'd gotten into my head it was a may event.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what Starfield is about. Bethesda is one of the few studios that still retains some of the old magic. Even though I didn't love Fallout 4 their games are always big and ambitious.

Also hoping we get a Wolfenstein 3 announcement or a Quake reboot by Machine Games. I've heard Wolfenstein 2 didn't sell well so Quake is probably more realistic.

Or would id be developing a Quake reboot? Feel like Doom is done for now.

Definitely would love a Gears 6 announcement as well. Really enjoyed Gears 5.

#4196 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 May 2022 - 07:19 PM

I wonder if there will be the next version of some of their other exclusives - Cuphead 2? Although I think the original Cuphead eventually came to PlayStation (I still need to play it, love the art style). And Sea of Thieves. I think SoT may be a continuing live service game, so maybe no plans for a Sea of Thieves 2. I wanted to try out SoT, but never got around to getting an Xbox One. Co-op games can be hit or miss, but from most accounts SoT sounded like it is a good time. Some of the other Xbox exclusives are eluding me at the moment. They just did a Halo release, so yeah, probably Gears of War next? What else is due for the next release iteration? Oh yeah, Sunset Overdrive? The next Titanfall? With strong negative publicity about CoD and Battlefield recent outings, would be a good time to come in, guns a blazin', with the next Titanfall.

As far as Bethesda portion, other than already mentioned above (Starfield), I wonder if there will be anything about the next Elder Scrolls? I'm not sure what else Bethesda is working on, other than Fallout 76 seasonal content.

Then I anticipate Microsoft, as they are dominating the "Netflix of Video Games" space, will have more to show there. Probably more access to other devices? not sure. And, as "metaverse" is the new (it's actually old) buzzword, I wouldn't be surprised if they have some announcement in that space.... chasing those trends you know.

Finally, I sure has hell hope they don't broach anything resembling getting into the NFT space. It wouldn't surprise me though, if they did.

#4197 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 May 2022 - 01:00 PM

Well crapsnacks, Starfield has been delayed until 2023. I guess no surprise, but that probably means the Microsoft/Bethesda games showcase won't have a lot on the game. Hopefully they will give something about Starfield though.

P.S. Redfall has been delayed also.

#4198 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:01 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 May 2022 - 01:00 PM, said:

Well crapsnacks, Starfield has been delayed until 2023. I guess no surprise, but that probably means the Microsoft/Bethesda games showcase won't have a lot on the game. Hopefully they will give something about Starfield though.

P.S. Redfall has been delayed also.

I remain hopeful they show off more Hellblade 2 and show the important party what (if anything) will be replacing the pattern_matching puzzles that are supposed to represent Senua's paranoia

rumours have it that Perfect Dark is having development problems. Maybe Fable though?

Also, there've been some leaks of a bunch of partnerships in some eclectic genres, so there should at least be some surprises.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4199 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 May 2022 - 02:17 AM

Anyone have Norco on their radar? I guess it is a point and click type adventure game, which I'm okay with as they are a nice reprieve from popular video game styles, but not a favorite for many. But I guess the story is supposed to be excellent.

#4200 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 May 2022 - 11:48 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 17 May 2022 - 02:17 AM, said:

Anyone have Norco on their radar? I guess it is a point and click type adventure game, which I'm okay with as they are a nice reprieve from popular video game styles, but not a favorite for many. But I guess the story is supposed to be excellent.

I've heard intriguing things, and it's on my wishlist somewhere, but haven't played it.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users