• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#3661 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:29 PM

View PostTraveller, on 09 October 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

Anyone recommend a racing game? I havent played a decent car game in ages, would be good to see how far they've come.
Doesn't have to be too bogged down with leagues and championships, just want a good realistic-looking race. Not racetrack so much, something cross country or city.

Split screen would be good too, entertaining crashes a bonus.

Edit.. Wreckfest looks great, but why no 2 player?!

Forza Horizon 4 is I think the gold standard of this. Not quite simulation, its more arcade-y than Forza Motorsport, but that seems to be what you're looking for. Its available on xbox/PC. If you're looking for something on playstation that compares, I don't think there is anything right now.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3662 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:38 PM

The Crew 2 maybe but that game wasn't received well.

#3663 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:51 PM

View PostAptorian, on 09 October 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

The Crew 2 maybe but that game wasn't received well.

Yea that was the one where like you're driving and you go off a jump and transform into an airplane then smash into a river and turn into a speedboat, right?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3664 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:04 PM

Yes. But I think you can transform practically anywhere. I wonder if that game has been patched into a better state.

I really liked the concept of Crew 1, the RPG levelling of the cars just didn't feel like it had any real Impact.

#3665 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 October 2020 - 04:47 PM

The Horizon games definitely are worth checking out. I played Forza Horizon on Xbox 360 and enjoyed it a lot. Didn't hurt that the setting was in my neck of the woods either. I wanted to continue with the series, but never bought the MS Xbone generation.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 09 October 2020 - 04:50 PM

#3666 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 October 2020 - 07:56 PM

[GOT picture Friday]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XUu3_pLPUE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5rP_1k4lo

lamentation

Posted Image

#3667 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 October 2020 - 05:01 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 October 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

Anyone played Vampyr?

I’m finally getting on internet and I see it’s free. I’m downloading it now.

Is anyone still playing Ghost of Tsushima? My son is going to demand I turn it on in a bit after I get my Cold Steel 2 fix.

I'm still playing GoT, as I usually go for up to a week without, then have a few hours on there. It has such a distinctive vibe that I save it and although I'm certainly not rushing it, I have now cleared 2/3 of the Island and maxed a few things. Ghost stance is awesome.

I got Gran Turimo Sport today. It has a decent split screen option and a bag load of tracks and options. Havent played a car game for years so this is way better than anything I remember.

My daughter likes it so far; she's just been whizzing round the first circuit on a time trial, trying to knock a second or two off her best. Havent even tried actually racing yet.

It was quite a surprise that split screen multiplayer, which was the real meat of the earlier systems, has died a hard death. All the best games on PS and Nintendo 64 had split screen play - now theres a bare handful. I can see why and all; but to completely dismiss it in so many new games seems a waste.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 10 October 2020 - 05:04 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3668 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 October 2020 - 04:22 AM

I posted a link above. It's a free to play open world action JRPG.

Looks really good.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 11 October 2020 - 04:36 AM

#3669 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:44 AM

Yeah. I want to jump in but I'm already playing Persona 5 and there's so many games coming out soon.

#3670 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:11 AM

Watch Dogs: Legion.

Anyone going to have a go? It's out in a few weeks, yeah? I haven't played any of these games, but the concept in this new one is rather compelling. I wonder if they can deliver on the promise in what they revealed. Seems to be quite ambitious. I wouldn't mind getting hands with it and see for myself.

#3671 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 October 2020 - 06:07 AM

I'll play it some time after November when I get around to buying a new PC or I get my hands on a PS5.

Have you seen some of the chapter trailers released recently? The game looks interesting from a gameplay perspective but the story and writing seems like the typical poor quality Ubisoft fare.

#3672 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 October 2020 - 06:45 AM

Haven't seen any of those story focused vids. But yah, Ubisoft's track record with crafting a quality story to go with their titles has been mediocre at best. Still would like to see the player (we are legion) game play concept in action. Can you just step into any person's experience you happen to come across, or does it use slick bait and switch tactics to steer you towards predetermined playable characters? And if you can assume control of any, are they based primarily on a canned/generic template that only slightly deviates and so gets repetitive, real fast?

#3673 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 October 2020 - 07:44 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 14 October 2020 - 06:45 AM, said:

Haven't seen any of those story focused vids. But yah, Ubisoft's track record with crafting a quality story to go with their titles has been mediocre at best. Still would like to see the player (we are legion) game play concept in action. Can you just step into any person's experience you happen to come across, or does it use slick bait and switch tactics to steer you towards predetermined playable characters? And if you can assume control of any, are they based primarily on a canned/generic template that only slightly deviates and so gets repetitive, real fast?

From what I've seen you can recruit litterally anyone but there's varying character types and some characters on the street are more sympathetic than others. I believe the citizens fall into certain classes, like technicians, sneaky types, brawlers, etc.

#3674 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 October 2020 - 08:11 AM

the final products is going to be incredibly bland and uninteresting, where all the characters you recruit, with minor variations, will be fit into one of the established archetypes. They'll blend together and nothing that happens to them individually will feel consequential.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 14 October 2020 - 08:12 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3675 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 October 2020 - 08:17 AM

In Hades news, I was so close. So very very close to beating what I assume is the final boss of this game. A sliver of health left, just one more cast was all I needed. Sigh, that was run 30. My best one yet. I get to the third level every run now, and beat the 3rd boss maybe 66 % of the time.

I was very focused on always picking the Fated Choice of any ability I found, but now that a Fated Choice has become much rarer, I get to spec in a more strategic way, and it shows in how well the runs go. Still, I am glad I chose to progress in this way, as I've come to recognize good combos that I easily could have overlooked otherwise. It's hard to say which my favourite weapon is, or my favourite skill, though I am very fond of Dionysus' boons, and my best run was with the Shield of Chaos.

#3676 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 October 2020 - 09:05 AM

What does fated choice do/entail?

I started up Genshin Impact today and played for 10 minutes or so.

It feels kinda generic in that it's doing all the things you've seen before when playing an open world RPG but I felt that draw. You know when you boot up a crisp new open world game and everything is new and you feel like you're about to embark on a great adventure. There's so many menus and status meters and challenge/achievement tracking. Looks great as well but the world, at least in that opening area seems a bit empty. There's also a bunch of jank in the menus and option selction that I expect are artifacts of a not so great english localization of Japanese or Korean or what ever. It's also an always online game (I think?) and it seems like it makes the game freeze up once in a while when you open what ever inventory or map you're looking at.

Basically it seems like the game has some teething issues.

But it has a lot of potential. Feels almost like playing a MMO. Imagine if Blizzard pulled what little talent they have left together and made a WOW successor in the style of something like Genshin Impact. I'd probably lose my job.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 14 October 2020 - 09:06 AM

#3677 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 October 2020 - 09:27 AM

It's a fancy way of saying it's a skill you've never had before. And you get bonuses from having picked all in a category throughout several runs.

#3678 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:09 AM

Interesting.

I will give Hades another try. Eventually.

#3679 User is online   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:17 PM

Insane indie week

Biomass,Vigil: The Longest Night and Raji: An Ancient Epic releasing back-to-back-to-back.

Been knocking off a few last Steam Festival demos, but gonna dive right into Vigil tonight
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3680 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:48 AM

The next gen version of Destiny 2 will launch on December 8.

https://www.bungie.n...tail/News/49650

So many games to play so little of the year left.

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users