• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#3701 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:18 AM

Journey is a wonderful, lovley little game, and you can easily finish it in three hours or so. Very much recommend you try it out.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3702 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:34 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 27 October 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

Journey is a wonderful, lovley little game, and you can easily finish it in three hours or so. Very much recommend you try it out.

Ooh ok sounds perfect thanks!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3703 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:33 PM

Oh man this game is wonderful. Kind of picking it up but it's strange and beautiful and kind of therapeutic. I know they're very much not the se but I'm kind of reminded of that indie game about the little figure made out of string or something and you've got to navigate levels based on the Swedish countryside... I don't remember what it's called but it very much feels like that in the exploring/peaceful kind of element.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3704 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:37 PM

I would add, that if possible in the stressful family life, try to finish Journey in one sitting. That's what I did and I felt like I'd been on a true journey by the end.

Make sure to team up with an online traveller.

Which reminds me, I wonder if their follow up game, Sky, will come to consoles any time soon. I really want to try it out but I don't want to play on a phone.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 27 October 2020 - 12:38 PM

#3705 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:38 PM

Unravel.

#3706 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:34 PM

I did play it one sitting. That was incredible. So simple yet so joyful and beautiful. I did meet up with a random other dude a couple of times but I dunno if they were online or not.

Anyway I especially liked the surfing bits haha they were ace.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3707 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:13 PM

When I played it, I had a great fellow traveller, we kept track of one another, we chirped at one another to show hidden og cool stuff.

And then half way through a stone snake murdered him. I sensed something was wrong, I slowed down my speed, I chirped at him to be careful, hold back... and then it ate him. After that there were no more online buddies. It was heartbreaking.

#3708 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:40 PM

Didn't know he was actually a real person, weird that someone was playing it now as well as me...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3709 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:46 PM

And now I'm starting the first Uncharted game.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3710 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:57 PM

I have that collection too. Haven't played it yet though. The PS Plus games of the month have been pretty solid every month for awhile now, and I've accumulated a lot of games I've not yet played.. Too many games, not enough time.

#3711 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:43 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 October 2020 - 02:46 PM, said:

And now I'm starting the first Uncharted game.

If you find the gunplay and exploration a bit too antiquated, I'd advise jumping to Uncharted 2. 2 is a big jump in quality.

#3712 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 28 October 2020 - 09:54 AM

It's fine though a bit jarring coming from the free flowing exploration of the AC world. What did annoy me was that something blipped and my save was corrupted so I had to restart the whole thing and I was quite some way in. It's not the hugest game ever thankfully and I've already gone past it. I'll have it finished fairly soon and can move onto the second one.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3713 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 October 2020 - 05:05 PM

I'm feeling anxiety about the size of the PlayStation 5 guys. I was looking at my compact, sensible parallelogram shaped PS4. And then I gave thought to what the PS3 looked like, and it was pretty much the same. This PS5 is going to create problems. I need to see one in person, but damn I'm stressing. I wonder why the drastic change? Is it to accommodate the cooling that is required?

I guess I have some time though. I'm not getting a PS5 at launch, but I will have one by the time God of War: Ragnarok comes out. I don't think there is a date nailed down yet, but I'm guessing it will follow same release window of GoW and will be an April-ish release or thereabouts.

#3714 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:06 PM

Oh-ohh-whoa Snap! Damn they keep coming.

Posted Image

The PlayStation Plus games for November are Hollow Knight and Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. Gunna snatch them up, fohshow.

#3715 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 October 2020 - 03:58 PM

Well now I am leaning towards wanting a PS5 at launch (or soon after). Just read the lineup of games in the 'PlayStation Plus Collection', which will be available on the PS5 to PlayStation Plus subscribers. It's hella impressive. I wonder if these games will be available indefintely or you have to grab them during a specific month or period? There's a lot of them, so I can't imagine they would only be available during a month timeframe, e.g. Nov. or Dec.

#3716 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 October 2020 - 04:51 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 October 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Well now I am leaning towards wanting a PS5 at launch (or soon after). Just read the lineup of games in the 'PlayStation Plus Collection', which will be available on the PS5 to PlayStation Plus subscribers. It's hella impressive. I wonder if these games will be available indefintely or you have to grab them during a specific month or period? There's a lot of them, so I can't imagine they would only be available during a month timeframe, e.g. Nov. or Dec.

My understanding was they'll be available indefinitely, as long as you stay subbed.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3717 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:22 PM

View PostMentalist, on 29 October 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

My understanding was they'll be available indefinitely, as long as you stay subbed.

That would be wonderful and makes sense. There's a good number of those games I would download.

#3718 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:43 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 October 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 29 October 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

That would be wonderful and makes sense. There's a good number of those games I would download.

I mean, 3rd party stuff might get removed after X months (esp if pubs come up with next gen remasters they wanna sell you), but this is basically Sony's GamePass lite, so it makes ense they'd keep a strong library of "intro titles" for people just jumping onto the new console.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3719 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 October 2020 - 09:04 PM

oof, that pic though of it on its side.

The PlayStation 5 is titanic. Here's how we fit it in our home setups.

A "slim" version is usually released, what a year or so out? Do you guys think this will be the case with the PS5? I'm not so sure the issue is thin though, instead I think they may have to release a dwarf version. Or possibly a complete overhaul? I don't think it's going to receive high praise as far as form factor goes.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 29 October 2020 - 09:05 PM

#3720 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:30 AM

There won't be a slim version after the first year. It's usually... I want to say 3-4 years? The parts have to improve in performance and lower in cost, sufficiently for it to be worth building a new version.

And this time around the bulk of the console is taken up by a massive heat sink. A bigger console, is a cooler console and a cooler console is a more quiet console. Which is probably the main complaint about these last couple years.

My new TV stand is arriving this weekend. I'll definitely be doing some measurements. I think there's plenty of room but you never know

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users