• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#3681 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:02 PM

[GOT picture Friday - 2fer this Friday in celebration of the big update.] Posted Image

I love the little cut-scene moments with your horse when you have completed a side quest or mission step. Little touches like this show just how much care and thought was put into Ghost of Tsushima.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3rpmctmC_M

Posted Image

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Loved the haiku moments in the game. I've created one in recognition of you honorable samurai who have fought off the Mongol invasion.

The journey proved extensive.
What is over there?
Ghost of Tsushima complete.

Posted Image

#3682 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 16 October 2020 - 08:57 PM

I think they're 5 7 5, but I agree, the haiku moments are so welcome. They actually made me think on the subject, and link the line options in the most coherent way.

And just having a reason to sit and look around the landscape, waterfalls, trees instead of just riding through it all made for some memorable moments.

Sunlight on water
The willows reaching downwards
An autumn morning.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3683 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:04 PM

I gave strong consideration to the haiku options also. Giving extra care to select the options that I felt best suited my recent experience and the topic it presented (i.g. Death or Courage). Do you know if the end result changes if you select different options? I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter (you'll get the head band regardless), but I always wondered. The haiku meditations are really a great addition and give you that extra feel of immersion exploring the world of GoT.

#3684 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2020 - 04:33 PM

So, what's been going on in the video games space? Summer of games thingamabobbers over? Are we at that moment in a big action movie where the BRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUMMMMM! is just beginning to build prior to the big action sequence and special effects? - e.g. new consoles launching and big titties coming next month? Everyone saving themselves for Cyberpunk 2027 or what? What's going on?

#3685 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:13 PM

I think Legion is out next week? That starts the next-gen flood, even though it's releasing before the next-gen consoles.

After 150 hours of HZD, I' kinda ambivalent about all the big AAA open-worlders, though. Might grab Cyberpunk on GOG, depending on how it reviews; or might stick with indie games for now, and grab it for the holidays, when it's like 15% off.

There's a lot of cool indie metroidvanias coming out on Steam these days, and I'm 20 hours into Vigil, which is basically 2D Bloodborne.

Also, There's like a million horror games coming out (makes sense, cuz Haloween). Amnesia is out this week, there's the next Dark Pictures game, Remothered Part 2 came out last week, etc.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3686 User is offline   Dinivan 

• Captain

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:58 PM

The release I am most looking forward to is actually tomorrow: land of lions; the next big DLC for Anno 1800 which is going to add quite a lot to the base game. I have prepared a save to be ready to play on the weekend.

Stellaris also gets a DLC on 29th, but it’s mainly a cosmetic one. Will probably get it when on sale.

Cyberpunk I am still waffling back and forth on. Will wait for reviews.

I must say that over the last year I had troubles to get into new games. After 2 or 3 hours in a new(ly bought) game I usually return to my favourites, so I have become a bit careful about purchases as the last ones didn’t really pan out. Guess right now my headspace is more for comfortable known games.

#3687 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:49 PM

Have any of you guys heard of, or played, Among Us?

Asking because there was a news item about U.S congresswoman, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (or AOC as she is commonly referred to as) doing a live Twitch stream and playing this game as a platform to encourage people to vote.

I'm not at all feeling any heartburn about using this method to get people to vote, and think it's great actually (I'm sure Trump voters are blubbering all over themselves seeing this news). I'm more interested in the game. From what little I've investigated about it, it sounds like an online social game akin to the Mafia forum game played here on the Malazanempire. I don't know much about that either, but is that a fair assessment? Have any you guys played Among Us? Is it fun?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 22 October 2020 - 07:01 PM

#3688 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:59 PM

Everything I know about that game is because of the endless memes on Reddit.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3689 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:07 PM

Posted Image

#3690 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:47 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 October 2020 - 06:49 PM, said:

Have any of you guys heard of, or played, Among Us?

Asking because there was a news item about U.S congresswoman, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (or AOC as she is commonly referred to as) doing a live Twitch stream and playing this game as a platform to encourage people to vote.

I'm not at all feeling any heartburn about using this method to get people to vote, and think it's great actually (I'm sure Trump voters are blubbering all over themselves seeing this news). I'm more interested in the game. From what little I've investigated about it, it sounds like an online social game akin to the Mafia forum game played here on the Malazanempire. I don't know much about that either, but is that a fair assessment? Have any you guys played Among Us? Is it fun?

Sounds like Mafia, kinda.

I heard of it, but since it's a multiplayer game, I have done next to nothing to look into it.

#3691 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:46 PM

It's fun, the mafia concept, but modified to take advantage of the opportunities a computer game allows. I've played it with friends and can recommend.

#3692 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 October 2020 - 02:18 PM

[GoT picture Friday]

For you nubz just starting, when you get the grappling hook be sure to go back to the temples and climb up. Don't question your master, just do it young grisshawpuhs.

Posted Image

#3693 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 October 2020 - 05:09 PM

I've been pretty much lukewarm towards Godfall. What I've seen so far, the game play hasn't really got me into the mindset that I need to play Godfall on launch day, although I think one of the game play reveals during the summer game virtual events nudged up my interest. This video however is pretty interesting. It goes into the lore of the world and I think it does a great job of generating interest in the game. There are some tried and true fantasy tropes being traversed in this, no doubt, but it's still quite interesting. Worth a watch.

Question. Byf is the YouTuber who did the comprehensive Destiny lore, yeah?

#3694 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2020 - 05:10 PM

So what's the haps gamer dewdz? What's the story morning glory? what's the 411 honey bun? Spill the tea, dill weed.

We only one week left in 'toe-bear, so I knows theres gots to bees some news about this BRRUUUUUUUUUUUMMM! crescendo building to happy ending release about to go down next month.

#3695 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 October 2020 - 05:53 PM

#3696 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 October 2020 - 06:13 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 October 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

So what's the haps gamer dewdz? What's the story morning glory? what's the 411 honey bun? Spill the tea, dill weed.

We only one week left in 'toe-bear, so I knows theres gots to bees some news about this BRRUUUUUUUUUUUMMM! crescendo building to happy ending release about to go down next month.

Xuan Yuan Sword VII is out this week.

People should play it, it's like Witcher 2 but with good combat.

Also GhostRunner is out tomorrow. It's Mirror's Edge, but with a sword.

Oh yeah, and that British granny-spy sim from Ubi is out this week too, I guess, if you"re into that.

#3697 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:10 PM

I wouldn't mind trying that granny-spy sim, just to see if it approaches anything near what that slick demo and game play was putting across. Do you think granny-spy bakes applesauce cookies with a fast acting poison that is undetectable after 24 hrs? Or maybe she hands out werther's originals candies that have a powerful truth serum? I've never played any of those games in that series, so I doubt I will play this one, unless it gets aggregate top review marks, which is unlikely.

Something I can offer as the BRUUUUUUUMMMM is building - I guess if you get your filthy Cheeto stained hands on a PS5 come launch, there are face plate options that will allow you to rock your new console with something other than reverse ice cream sandwich motif.

And staying on the PS5, I've read that some folks are going to be taken off guard by the size, it's supposed to be pretty damn big, and so may not have anticipated that in advance, thinking it will fit just fine in their cozy little entertainment/media cabinet.

#3698 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:44 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 October 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind trying that granny-spy sim, just to see if it approaches anything near what that slick demo and game play was putting across. Do you think granny-spy bakes applesauce cookies with a fast acting poison that is undetectable after 24 hrs? Or maybe she hands out werther's originals candies that have a powerful truth serum? I've never played any of those games in that series, so I doubt I will play this one, unless it gets aggregate top review marks, which is unlikely.

Something I can offer as the BRUUUUUUUMMMM is building - I guess if you get your filthy Cheeto stained hands on a PS5 come launch, there are face plate options that will allow you to rock your new console with something other than reverse ice cream sandwich motif.

And staying on the PS5, I've read that some folks are going to be taken off guard by the size, it's supposed to be pretty damn big, and so may not have anticipated that in advance, thinking it will fit just fine in their cozy little entertainment/media cabinet.

Not my concern; I am feeling really overwhelmed with all the cool little stuff that's been coming out regularly; the huge games are kind of just there; I'll probably pick up Cyberpunk once the reviews are out; but there's SO

MANY

GAMES

to play, that it's (paradoxically) hard to maintain steady excitement for a thing, if every day there's something coming out that looks really cool, the thing that's 3 weeks away stops looking irresistible. Still cool, but not the end all, be all.

#3699 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:46 PM

The supposed size of the PS5 does worry me. I ordered a bunch of IKEA furniture last week. If the PS5 doesn't fit into the shelves beneath the TV stand I'm going to be annoyed.

#3700 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:14 AM

Hello all, I've nearly finished AC Odyssey and I've got a couple of game lined up that I picked up for free a few months back.

One is the complete Nathan Drake collection, which I'm quite looking forward to but there's a lot of gaming to be done there.

The other is one I know nothing about called Journey. Looks like some kind of desert wandering thing...

Which should I play next? Would Journey be a good palate cleanser before throwing myself into Unchartered?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic