Malazan Empire: Abyss just finished CHANGES (and had to go change his briefs...) - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Abyss just finished CHANGES (and had to go change his briefs...) SPOILERS SPOILERS no blocks just SPOILERS

#1 User is online   Chance 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

MOD EDIT: MERGED WITH OTHER SPOILER TOPIC

So for those of us that have read Changes...there certainly was some changes wasn't there.

Btw I found the book the best since well at least White Nights but can easily see how that might not be the case for everyone so what did people think ? Amongst other things there was some crucial events that where a bit too easily figured out long before they happened. Still a very good one.

Of course there is the end.
Who shot Dresden ? (Marcones people perhaps, he did boss around someone who most certainly isn't a friend, perhaps the shooter who they let go, who else ?? Mabs way of say come here now dresden no fucking wiggling about it.)
Will he Die (unlikly)?
Who will save him (Uriel or Mab, I'm betting on the later but who knows)?
Will he get out of Mabs contract by "dying" ? (hoping he won't, seems some ppl thinks so.)

Since its the end what will happen to Murphy, is she the next/final romantic involvement of Dresden, what will her reaction be to the "murder" ? (Since she will be the first one at the scene in the shortstory I guess.)

Btw...haven't actually looked it up but ain't winterknights supposed to be able to shrug off a bullet fairly easy so why did he go down. Gotto check up on when they discuss the killed summer knight in SK. Or was it a pro-shoter using kincades solution to the wizardly problem. Since Dresden didn't notice the person perhaps this is likely ?

That winterknight business.
What are your fealings about it? (I found it one of the two best moments of the book a kind of "at last" moment. (Second moment was when Mouse spoke YAY for demon dogs with attitude), (I could add Susan dying which also was a kind of "at last" moment but then it was kindoff expected.))
How will he get out of it or won't he ? (I'm hoping the choice has some consequences aka remains for a few books.)
If he aint getting out of it how do you see the next dresden book with our favorit detective as a agent of mab ?

For some minor stuff
What will the White Counsels reaction be to Dresden wiping out the red court. I can guess at the hero worship from the younger ones stepping up.

Did people find Dresden very cold towards the end, sure he was going after his daughter but both the body count and the nr of fairly inocent who died in this one was high really high. Not that I have the least problem with it but usually our favorit wizard detective does.

Will we see another Dresden takes a detective job story ? Seems like the office and the lessening of that aspect already in the books herald a dresden more focused on the Arcane world and less on the wizardly detective stuff.

O there are quite a few other things but just for a begining.

/Chance...btw having Swedish spelling as standard sux...

This post has been edited by Imperial Historian: 05 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

#2 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

View PostChance, on 27 March 2010 - 09:16 PM, said:

So for those of us that have read Changes...there certainly was some changes wasn't there.

Btw I found the book the best since well at least White Nights but can easily see how that might not be the case for everyone so what did people think ?

Spoiler

/Chance...btw having Swedish spelling as standard sux...

For me, it's probably the best out of them, except for one thing, which I'll get to in the tags... But yeah, the title wasn't lying. All-change in the direction of the series, it looks like... With potentially 11 books still to go it's bloody interesting to do this sort of thing now.

The ending... what the fuck was Butcher thinking, ending it on a fucking cliffhanger? His books are powdered pringles cut with cocaine anyway, we need no incentive to read the next one. Grrrrrrrr. Even if he felt this scene needed to be in this book, for pacing purposes of the next, he should have at least found a resting point. Left a slightly bad taste at the end of what was otherwise a superlative book.
When you say in the short story, is that going to be resolved there? If so, where is this story, in his own anthology of shorts or another one?

Anyway, I have few ideas on who shot him. Did we ever find out who set that car bomb in whichever book I can't even remember now? One of the ones with Kincaid in it, I think. Could be that person, unless that was revealed in the interim (I have this odd feeling it was, but eh).

Susan dying... the biggest shock isn't that she died herself, it's that Harry fucking well talked her into it.That was the kicker.
And killing the entire Red Court removes the driving conflict from the series - it's probably the change with the biggest immediate ramifications, I'm surprised you filed that under 'minor stuff'. The War's been pushing things along since book 3, now we're after a different impetus. Perhaps the Black Council will finally become a more immediate force.

Winter Knight - I reckon it'll be a Lasciel-type implication for the series- a few books of tension but resolution before the final crisis - although a bigger deal in terms of plot-influence than that as Mab will be more forward in her demands.

Dresden being cold- I noticed, but he did warn us in the last book that Shagnasty's made him so. It made sense to me. Definitely more brutal than normal though.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#3 User is online   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

Can't do anything but agree that the ending was a bit too much and cliffhangers of that kind doesn't add anything unless the next book hinges upon it. Say it not being told from Dresdens PoW or something similiar.

It has been resolved I think wasn't it the vamp that wanted revenge on Dresden ? One of those that they dueled at the ending not entirely sure but think so. Only unresolved murder attempt I can remember is the car that tried to run him off the road in Proven Guilty. Which possibly connect to the tampering of with little chicago.

About the short story the net speaks of a Murphy PoW shortstory set 45 min after the ending of Changes can't see it be anything but Murphy discovering she ain't going on a date. The short story will be in side jobs his collection according to the rumours mill. Which most likly is a nov 2010 release.

Ye while the Red Court is a big thing I got the fealing it won't really affect the rest of the series, I'd say they where the stepping stone to build Dresden against until he could handle the far more competent/dangerous/powerful black counsel. It simply had little more to add to the story since most of what dresden faced already was scarier then the red court except perhaps for the top 13+red king.

Btw do we have any idea of which wizards where the 12 except for McCoy. Seemed a fairly serious bunch as they took on the Court about 12 vs x000.

I hope the Black Counsel being the next focus, I've always pegged them for the reason that Mab is angry.

About Dresden being cold: Dresden somewhere thinks that the White Counsel wizards see him as Darth Vader perhaps that is what we have to look forward to. Butcher after all tend to forshadow quite heavily and sometimes even heavy handedly.

Btw for some other minors that appeared after re-thinking it. (Damn I had a long list after I read the book (twice) a week or so ago.)
Can one be on the white counsel and be the winter knight ? (Nothing so far has said its not allowed but well the Merlin won't like it will he :p). Secondary can you be a Warden and the Winter Knight ? I can't see any security force worth the name that would allow the private assassin/champion of another ruler to be in it. Who takes Dresdens place as warden in command of the US. Does it affect Molly after all they are both under the Doom of Blaha.

Might be that the next book is Dresden, Grey Counsel vs Cristos, White Counsel possibly Black Counsel. After all Cristos is built up as a suspicious individual alright and Dresden is bound to have some coming for disobeying and joining up with Mab. I however find it a bit amusing that the Merlin will most likely applaud the whole deal in secret as Dresden did what he intended to do himself.

This post has been edited by Imperial Historian: 05 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

#4 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

I think the Red Court will affect the rest of the series in the sense of their absence- I don't think there'll be any major repercussions for Harry in terms of people trying to Get Him Back, or anything, just simply that they've been the key part for so long the completeness of their ending leaves an absence. Also there's even more attention on him now.

Also, cool stuff: you mentioned Mouse, that was sodding well awesome. Plus, the LeannaSidhe took seriously the threat that he'd rip her throat out- he's a seriously powerful player, clearly.

Odin: How bloody cool. Clearly a future player in the supporting cast. As is agent Tilly, Harry's story is folding out into more real-world repercussions and Tilly'll definitely be coming back.

As for Harry as a Warden/being on the Council - I don't think they'll kick him off it, especially given how right he's been proved AGAIN and even Merlin turned to him for this book to get his arse out of the fire. It may well affect his Wardening, but then with the Vamps gone there's a breathing space for the Wardens.

#5 User is online   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 28 March 2010 - 12:17 PM, said:

Also, cool stuff: you mentioned Mouse, that was sodding well awesome. Plus, the LeannaSidhe took seriously the threat that he'd rip her throat out- he's a seriously powerful player, clearly.

Odin: How bloody cool. Clearly a future player in the supporting cast. As is agent Tilly, Harry's story is folding out into more real-world repercussions and Tilly'll definitely be coming back.

Yupp Mouse is most likely the most powerful ally (as in always there) Dresden has now. If we just know what the Red Court assassins knew. "A mountain ice demon from the Land of Dreams!" Doesn't really sound like a foo dog if the line between demon and divinity isn't seriously blurred. Also how has Dresden failed to identify what Mouse is ?

Yupp Tily is coming back guess he need some legal backing now that Murphy won't be around to supply it.

#6 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

I need to get this book now, before I give in to temptation and click those spoiler tags.

Damnit.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:53 AM

so in case anyone missed it from the title...
LAST WARNING
SPOILERS
SPOILERS ALL DRESDEN BOOKS SPOILERS HERE CHANGES SPOILERS
FUCKING SPOILERS WILL RUIN THE BOOK YOUR CHILDHOOD AND THE MILK
IN YOUR FRIDGE SPOILERS
SPOILERS

Damn, that was a great book.

Apt once wrote that Dresden was starting to overtake Malazan as his favourite books.
I'm almost kind of not really but sort of starting to agree with him.

There was SO MUCH genius in the book, so much pay off for tonnes of the series, such great dresdencrack goodness i don't even know where to start...

I SAW IT COMING BUT I DIDN'T SEE IT COMING: Splode the office, torch the apartment, sure... but DESTROY THE BEETLE!??? Oh noes!!!

I SAW IT COMING: Susan was dead meat. Martin too. But the way they went out was just sick.

BEST LINE: Sanya to Harry about Mab: "So... you tapped that ass."

BEST NEW CHARACTER: Tilly was a nice addition. I liked how Odin came into play too.

WHERE WERE THEY?: Y'know, given that virtually everyone in the entire series ever made an appearance in this (even if just by reference), i was sort of surprised at the werewolves being omitted. tho after the events in TURNCOAT i could see Jim giving them a break.

BEST BRIEF APPEARANCE: Marcone. The man was in five pages and it was one of the best scenes in the book.

BEST DEVELOPMENT: Much like the Black Council seems to have members from various factions, so does the Grey Council. Also neat was the revelation that Ebenezer is Harry's grandfather.

BEST CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT OTHER THAN HARRY: Murphy taking up the Sword, even temporarily. Her part in that finale was SO GREAT!.

WAS IT JUST ME: Or did Thomas seem way more recovered than he should have been? Tho obviously not completely.
Also, did the Harry/Susan vs Ick/vampire duel before the Erlking not seem a bit tacked in for no reason?

THE HUH? AWARD: Early in the book Jim spends half a page describing Mac. The later in the book he describes him again in one line, and it's like he was desribing a different guy.

YOU CHEATED AND I HATE YOU JIM BUTCHER (but not really): That ending. Seriously. Cliffhanger much? Harry and Murohy are 15 minutes from drunken debauchery and sex AND HE GETS SHOT IN THE CHEST!!!

I'm also wondering if that won't develop into a means for Harry to get out of the Winter Knight (and no, they aren't bullet proof, their armor is) thing. But i hope not. i'd like to see where Butcher takes this.

But no way he's dead. None. N'uh uh.

IT'S NOT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY VAMPIRE SINGS: War over. finally. that plot's been running since book three and it was time to close it (and what a close!) and focus on the Black Council plotline. I was impressed with the way it went down tho'. especially Susan's role. That entire finale was just actioncrazyawesome.

This may be my second fave Dresdencrack book, after DEAD BEAT

More to come.

- Abyss, still reeeling.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

Can I suggest that you use your Abbysal modpowers to merge this topic with Chance's spoiler topic? Seems a bit daft having two.

Anyway, responding to your posts:

The house and the Beetle: Too right :p. The office, didn't care so much, but those two? :p

Best line: Agreed. And am I to assume it was phat?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that he described Mac twice, although I thought it was a shortened version of the same description. Was odd either way though.

Agreed on the ending. Like I said in the other topic, it's addictive enough anyway, it didn't need the cliffhanger and it was one flaw in an otherwise awesome book. Awesome awesome awesome book. The title, it did not lie.

#9 User is online   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

View PostAbyss, on 29 March 2010 - 05:53 AM, said:

BEST LINE: Sanya to Harry about Mab: "So... you tapped that ass."

WAS IT JUST ME: Or did Thomas seem way more recovered than he should have been? Tho obviously not completely.
Also, did the Harry/Susan vs Ick/vampire duel before the Erlking not seem a bit tacked in for no reason?

I'm also wondering if that won't develop into a means for Harry to get out of the Winter Knight (and no, they aren't bullet proof, their armor is) thing. But i hope not. i'd like to see where Butcher takes this.

While a good line I'd offer Mouse's lines (yepp pretty much all of them) as contenders for the title :p Perhaps especially the first one just for shock value and describing fairygrandmother in one word well.

I agree Thomas seemed far to humane at least compared to the Thomas we see in Turncoat. Still he did some complaining over it until he realized it was actually a death treat hanging over him.

That the FBI building in chicago just happened to be where the Erlking was living was my problem with that scene/scenes. (I would have expected that the Erlkings hall was on the other side of some place significant to hunters in the old sense) How things proceded inside the hall was fairly nice and certainly had some fairy tale qualities to it.

For the "death" in the end of the book being Dresdens out of the Winter Knight trouble, have heard it more then once now. Kinda finds the idea that using the Winter Knight card and then getting out of it without consequences would lessen the entire book/serie.

This post has been edited by Chance: 29 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

#10 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

Mouse's lines were excellent. Actually, Mouse was stealing virtually every scene he featured in. The bit where he attacked the Ick was awesome! Also interesting how Lea seemed to accept that the dog/demon could in fact kill her - Lea took on most of the Lord of Night on her own and fried them, and SHE was intimidated by Mouse. VEDDY interesting.

Butcher generally does excellent dialogue, but you can tell when he's really loving writing for a character - Lea was another one who practically chewed up every scene she was in.

We've seen Harry do the 'resist temptation' thing already with Lash. This is different since he accepted the power and the role of Winter Knight and agreed to it. His own sense of honor suggests he'll stick to it, but on the other hand, death was the only way to free up the power from the last Knight... i have to wonder, if Harry actually dies, even if he comes back, does that free up the role again. Mab would not be pleased, i'd guess.

Thomas did almost eat Molly, so he's not 'well', but the way he jumped in to assist against the Ick was so very much 'just like the old days' that it clashed with the state of Harry and Thomas' relationship as it stood at the end of TURNCOAT.

Molly was another one who came into her own a bit here. Despite the point made repeatedly that she's not an offensive wizard, she stuck in there in two major battles and saved Harry from the Ick. The One Woman Rave thing was a nice touch.

- Abyss, still worried about Mister.

#11 User is online   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

View PostAbyss, on 29 March 2010 - 03:22 PM, said:

Mouse's lines were excellent. Actually, Mouse was stealing virtually every scene he featured in. The bit where he attacked the Ick was awesome! Also interesting how Lea seemed to accept that the dog/demon could in fact kill her - Lea took on most of the Lord of Night on her own and fried them, and SHE was intimidated by Mouse. VEDDY interesting.

Butcher generally does excellent dialogue, but you can tell when he's really loving writing for a character - Lea was another one who practically chewed up every scene she was in.

Molly was another one who came into her own a bit here. Despite the point made repeatedly that she's not an offensive wizard, she stuck in there in two major battles and saved Harry from the Ick. The One Woman Rave thing was a nice touch.

- Abyss, still worried about Mister.

Yepp Mouse and Lea are excellent in this one but then Mouse has always been damn charismatic and wise without speaking. Lea truelly got insane murderous fairy grandmother right.

About Molly: Not sure but Isn't one of the reasons DRESDEN often makes the point that she ain't going to be a combat wizard because he is comparing her not to anyone else but his own abilities, which where pretty much made for destruction. Also found it interesting that pretty much every other female character made a point of her "crush" on harry and in Lea's case a marked interest in her future.

/Chance

This post has been edited by Chance: 29 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

#12 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

Holy sweet merciful Dresdencrack fuck!!

That book was supremely badass! It sits smack in between my two faves Proven Guilty and Dead Beat.

I am too fresh from finishing it and cleaning my brains off the wall to formulate much more than single line statements.

-Susan's death, saw it coming too, but never thought she'd go out like that.

-Every time they described Maggie or Harry saw a vision of her scared and alone at the mercy of the Reds, my mind screamed that I wanted to stand there beside Harry and help him rescue her. Butcher made Harry's fatherly instincts come off perfectly with oodles of emotion!

-Murphy wielding Fidelachius was so what I have been waiting for.

-Mouse is probably my second fave character next to Harry himself, with Molly and Toot tied for 3rd. His speaking bits were indeed brilliant and I loved his back and forth with Lea.

-Is it me or is Mrs. Spunklecrief a really fun character? I love her whole Mister Magoo style of deafness and how she and Harry interacted.

-When Sanya leaps the hedge and runs up the ladder giving Harry the cursory nod and "Dresden" as he went by. Priceless!!!

-The end of the Red Court/White Council war is probably the most insane, action packed, cheering for the good guys clusterfuck I have read in one of these books! When the Grey Council showed up I was grinning from ear to ear!

-Odin (Vadderung) and his two black haired foreseeing secretaries (Huggin and Munnin) was a really cool scene and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Norse mythology so I am pleased they were included, let alone Odin threw his hat in with the Grey Council!! and he fucking trained the original Merlin?! Are you shitting me with awesomesauce?

-Yeah. Marcone. Even for 5 pages is completely the shiznit. Agreed.

-Molly's one woman rave with her two wands. Very cool methinks. It's nice to see a wizard using wands.

-I am definitely looking forward to Black Council stuff getting well underway in the next few books.

-Dude, that last paragraph where Harry gets shot. Fuck man, that's NOT a FAIR cliffhanger! I mean, I know he lives, but dude. Also, whose voice do we think the female voice was saying "Hush now"? Mab? Lasciel perhaps? His mom?

-Does anyone else wanna read it again? I do.

-McCoy being his grandfather. Very cool, unexpected and still very cool.

-I kind of wished Ramirez and Luccio had been able to get in on the action.

Contenders' for best lines other than those mentioned:

The one about stupid being more dangerous than Black council.

The whole discussion about who was who in the LOTR movies. That was pretty funny on the whole actually.

Harry's comment to the FBI listeners on his phone line about his original Star Wars poster.

Okay, how long till the next one? Fuck. I shouldn't have read it in two days.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13 User is online   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 30 March 2010 - 12:48 AM, said:

Already done, contemplating a third read when my medival-history class is over and I once more get free time. :D

/Chance...wonders if books can be classified as addictive ?

This post has been edited by Chance: 30 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

#14 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

View PostChance, on 30 March 2010 - 04:06 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 30 March 2010 - 12:48 AM, said:

Already done, contemplating a third read when my medival-history class is over and I once more get free time. :D

/Chance...wonders if books can be classified as addictive ?

They can indeed. I really do consider reading Butcher's books as fulfilling from kind of "fix". It really is druglike in my need for it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#15 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:59 PM

Seriously, the two-day Dresdencrack power-read is painful in its brevity, even tho it's awesome (and so what if i only got three hours of sleep the entire weekend).

I paused another book to plow thru CHANGES so i'm going to finish that and then go back and re-read at least the finale. At some point i need to reread the entire series.

@QT - Mrs. S is hysterical, but i especially loved the bit where Harry fell off the ladder trying to save the two old people so Mrs S. went 'charging' up herself just before Sanya showed up.

And Huggin and Munnin were cool. I especially liked how Harry asked Odin for backup in the form of a dozen Valkyries, one receptionist and a few platoons of berserkers. Meaning one of Odin's receptionists was more useful than the berserkers.

Interesting thought: Harry didn't lose the soulfire when he took up the Winter Knight role. I would have thought Uriel would cut him off when he allied to winter fae, but apprently becoming the champion of the dark queen of all faeries doesn't equal automatic damnation.

On the other hand, i have to wonder whether Harry could have done what he did to Susan if he hadn't taken up the Knight position. Sacrificing the mother to save the daughter... difficult but understandable. Prompting the mother to kill her (admittedly double-agent) partner and go full vamp and then sacrificing her to wipe out the Red Court vampire race and also save the daughter... that is COLD.

WHO PULLED THE TRIGGER?: damn that's hard to say. Kincaid is the obvious choice and Harry even commented that he could probably pull it off. But that just opens the question of who paid Kincaid to do it. The Summer Fae would have obvious reason to, as Harry's a former ally gone over to the dark side as far as they are concerned. The Black court, obviously. Mab, maybe, to force Harry to give up his old life and serve her completely. Lara for Harry endangering Thomas again. That useless IA cop. Harry's mom (i can't be the only one wondering if she's really dead)...

- Abyss, ...figures it was Professor Plum...

#16 User is offline   Sorry 

• Bonehunter

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:30 AM

Oh... My.... GAWD!!!
FOR REAL!! It's been said before but the sheer AWESOMNESSSAUCEPWNAGE that went down in this book made me into a crazy wreck for the entire time I spent on the couch reading it.
... my roommates were afraid to approach me.
Have to agree with all the great lines> Dresden masterpiece at work again. Also loved the: Rudolph"What is that", Murph and Dresden "Terrorists". It just made me cackle.
I do have to say that the wiping out of the ENTIRE red court through that type of magic seemed a bit of a stretch. I mean, shouldn't the magic have worked it's way up the genetic tree of the way it was meant to for people? Thus taking out the most powerful nobles but leaving a bunch of the younguns?
I feel like we're really missing out on the issues at the White Council right now. That disease that was spreading? Anastasia and Ramirez? Obviously the issues with the Black council are far from over...
And speaking of the Erlking... I also thought that was a stretch. Why wouldn't his hall be located in Chicago?

Things I am truly looking forward to:
- Dresden fixing Mab's anger issues (well, the ones that prevent her from speaking)
- Dresden vs. Fix!!!!!!! (Let's face it, they're BOUND to square off soon).
- the initiation of Tilly into the Dresden world
- Murphy finally becoming one of the Knights (scoooooore!!!)
- He who walks behind coming back.. and getting his ass handed to him by a super powered Dresden
- And at the end of it all, Molly training Maggie to be a kick ass wizardling who owns everything with her amazingness.

But until next March/April I will have to wait in eager anticipation... HURRY UP AND COME OUT FINAL ERIKSON NOVEL SO I CAN END MY BUTCHER OBSESSION!!!
"There is so much", 'So much?', "To give answer to, Gamet. Indeed, it takes words from the throat, yet the silence it leaves behind -- the silence screams."
-Tene Baralta to Fist Gamet

#17 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:53 AM

Okay, Sorry, you're officially my favourite new member for the next day or so. :D

View PostSorry, on 01 April 2010 - 01:30 AM, said:

- Dresden vs. Fix!!!!!!! (Let's face it, they're BOUND to square off soon).

Agreed, tho it's like to play out something like...

FIX: Knight of Winter. Stand your ground and face me!
HARRY: Hey Fix.
FIX: We are not friends any more, Dresden. I warn you...
HARRY: Fix. I remember you when you were a lovesick zitty pipsqueek getting sand kicked in your face by the bigger kids. You're only Knight because i offed the last guy to hold the job. And i was a lot less powerful then. Now put the big sword away and lets talk.
FIX: Right. Umm... sorry Harry. Job pressure and all.

- the initiation of Tilly into the Dresden world

I suspect that a lot is going to turn on this in the future.

- Murphy finally becoming one of the Knights (scoooooore!!!)

She/Butcher is being SUCH a tease over this! The scene where she carves her way through the Red Court forces was SO GOOD.

BY THE WAY: Was anyone else positive Butters was dead for a minute there?

- Abyss, wept a little. Ok not really but still...

#18 User is offline   Sorry 

• Bonehunter

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:05 AM

BY THE WAY: Was anyone else positive Butters was dead for a minute there?

- Abyss, wept a little. Ok not really but still...

First I have to say YEEEESSS!!! I was totally paranoid. Thank God it worked out okay. I also got extremely worried about Mister... where is our favourite 30 pound house cat??
Here's hoping we get to find out soon! Maybe with the Codex Alera books done Butcher will pump out another Dresden by November...
FINGERS CROSSED!

" I savored a bit of the biscuit, which was only a reminder of how good a real homemade biscuit and sausage was, but for the sake of the audience, I made sounds of enjoyment as I chewed and swallowed. 'You sure?' I slurped some more coffee. 'You're missing out on ambrosia, here'."
-Dresden to Marcone, in Burger King... Priceless.
"There is so much", 'So much?', "To give answer to, Gamet. Indeed, it takes words from the throat, yet the silence it leaves behind -- the silence screams."
-Tene Baralta to Fist Gamet

#19 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:17 AM

I reread that entire Marcone scene on the spot. It was perfect in every way.

#20 User is offline   vaiski 

• High Fist

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

Awesome book, Butcher sure wasn't kidding around with the name.

I don't really see the point of the cliffhanger though, prior books haven't had any and I don't think it adds anything.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users