• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Members Start Here

#21 User is offline   Sleeping forumhound 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

Hello All!
Well, after a few years of lurking - i´ve been reading the Fallen series since almost the beginning - finally decided to have my coming out. Just too interested in Malaclypse´s world map, I guess... so here goes. Terrific effort you have all accomplished with the website, love Erikson´s and Esslemont´s work, most of which I have at home :)
now, for some debate.... :)

#22 User is offline   Wol 

• Recruit

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

Hi everyone, I started reading the books a few years back, but only just got round to signing up
(well using this account anyway). I read a lot, but these books are easily the best i have read.
I like the way that everything's not obvious like many of the other sci-fi/ fantasy books
i have read over the last few years. Favourite book so far is Dust of Dreams, and i can't wait for "The Crippled God"

This post has been edited by Wol: 27 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

#23 User is offline   solblindi 

• Recruit

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

Lurking for 3+ years now.

I would like to thank everyone for their insightful thoughts and thoughtful insights that I have been reading/stealing to keep these crazy stories in some semblance of order. I have just started reading DoD and have had to spend more than a few hours reading threads on characters and places and plots to get back up to speed. I think I have read more on this wonderful site than I have of the new book.

Thanks for helping me keep from having to re-read this whole thing again for the 3rd time.

#24 User is offline   Benn Greenbow 

• The Arrow
  • Interests:writing, books, history, science, the oudoors, sports, documentaries, fun, women
  • What about the coin bearer?

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

hey all you other malazan fans out there. I'm new here and am about to read GotM. Can't wait, it looks really good. Happy reading everybody. Peace

#25 User is offline   Sir Chuck 

• Recruit

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

Hello everyone. I am also a long time lurker but I decided to change that. I am up to Midnight Tides. Looking forward to to discussions with y'all.

#26 User is offline   Mischiefs' Folly 

• Tanno Spiritwalker
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

Welcome.
Oh, me and my endless folly!

#27 User is offline   Hood's Legacy 

• Weilder of the Abysmal Blade
  • Interests:High fantasy, warcraft, starcraft, good FPS', manga, anime
  • Power Beckons!!!!!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

Hey All,
I was introduced to the Malazan world by my friend. Before then I had read some earlier Tolkien, J.R,R.M, Roger Zelany and the first few books of Richard Rahl series (until it got cliched).
How dedicated am I to the series... Well let's say that I reached uptil book 8 (TTH) w/o reading book 3. :D (That's the good thing about S.E's (S.L??) books.)
I had to wait for a year and half before i could finally lay my hands on books 3 and 9 (an year and half for book3 and and 6 months for book 9).Now that I have 1-9, I am reading from the beginning(is there a beginning????) to get the complete experience. Beleive me, the re-reading just gets better since a lot of stuff gets clearer.

#28 User is offline   Grayghost 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Reading, Computer Gaming, College Football, Baseball.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:14 AM

Hello,
Just found this site and joined up. On book 8 now, and have gotten my daughter hooked with "Gardens", now I have to send her the second book...could get expensive.Posted Image God knows I am not giving her my copies.
"Define Interesting"
"Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die."

#29 User is offline   Benn Greenbow 

• The Arrow
  • Interests:writing, books, history, science, the oudoors, sports, documentaries, fun, women
  • What about the coin bearer?

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

View Postfawkn_n8ive, on 02 February 2010 - 10:15 AM, said:

Hello out there people. For starters, I have not read even one of these books. Until I read a few posts I didn't know this site was about books. I have read a lot of science fiction and fantasy but I am sure this is a lot different than what I have read so far. My reason for joining is to share my art with you all by going out and looking for these books so I can read then illustrate the characters. I don't know if I would be judged because of my reasons but if you can all accept it then I thank you. Please feel free to ask me some questions but just to be aware my answers might take a while. I am slow to respond on these blogs... Anyway, it's good to be here!!

Hey, cool idea to draw the characters. I do that, too. Just simple pencil illustration. I'm reading GotM right now, it's pretty good. Myabe I'll end up drawing a few characters, too.

#30 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

View PostHood, on 31 March 2010 - 07:36 AM, said:

Hey All,
I was introduced to the Malazan world by my friend. Before then I had read some earlier Tolkien, J.R,R.M, Roger Zelany and the first few books of Richard Rahl series (until it got cliched).
How dedicated am I to the series... Well let's say that I reached uptil book 8 (TTH) w/o reading book 3. :D (That's the good thing about S.E's (S.L??) books.)
I had to wait for a year and half before i could finally lay my hands on books 3 and 9 (an year and half for book3 and and 6 months for book 9).Now that I have 1-9, I am reading from the beginning(is there a beginning????) to get the complete experience. Beleive me, the re-reading just gets better since a lot of stuff gets clearer.

oh wow. you got all the way to TtH without reading Memories of Ice? prepare for your mind to be obliterated my friend
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#31 User is offline   Mrs Savagely Wishy Washy 

• unaligned and irremediable
  • Interests:vested.
  • Ugly is the new pretty.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

Hi everyone!

I started reading SE about 4 years ago, and haven't stopped since, really. I picked it up because a friend of mine recommended SE to me, and I hadn't seen any SF/Fantasy which I really enjoyed for some time. So I went to Waterstone's, picked up Gardens of the Moon, started reading and since then, getting the next book has turned somewhat into ritual.
When I read SE, I leave this world, I believe....I am stunned- the imagination, the characters and places, the magic- it's so detailed, so well thought through. I am trying to read these books slowly, savour every single page- or reread chapter or paragraphs- that has taken me up to The Bonehunters now.

I am happy I found this virtual empire to share whatever I get out of the books- and a big thankyou to all who maintain this so wonderfully. Bunch of work!

so long,

miss savage

This post has been edited by Miss Savage: 10 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

but are they worth preserving?
'that judgement does not belong to you.'

#32 User is offline   Toadkiller Dog 

• Recruit

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:10 AM

Hi!
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only 2+ year lurker who just now signed up.
I am a huge Malazan fan, and I have read through Dust of Dreams and Night of Knives.

Thank you for this wonderful forum!

#33 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:58 AM

View PostFlashwit, on 18 February 2010 - 06:48 AM, said:

Well i have read all of the malazan book of the fallen series (twice so far) ...

View Postsolblindi, on 01 March 2010 - 10:04 PM, said:

...Thanks for helping me keep from having to re-read this whole thing again for the 3rd time.

View PostHood, on 31 March 2010 - 07:36 AM, said:

... the re-reading just gets better since a lot of stuff gets clearer.

View PostGrayghost, on 01 April 2010 - 05:14 AM, said:

Hello,
Just found this site and joined up. On book 8 now, and have gotten my daughter hooked with "Gardens", now I have to send her the second book...could get expensive.Posted Image God knows I am not giving her my copies.

See the above quotes, spare yourself the trouble and just send her your used copies and buy a new set.

Welcome all. Good to have you.

- Abyss, always happy to welcome fresh brainzzzzzzzzz new victims potential lackeys fellow fans.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#34 User is offline   BlackPhoenix 

• Recruit

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

Hi everybody,
started reading this series in december after looking for more books to read, was enthralled by GOTM and DG and from there have read all the books, hope to contribute a lot to these forums:)

#35 User is offline   Tuesday'sChylde 

• Recruit

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

Hello All,

This is my first time on this site. My husband bought me the first 2 books of the series for my birthday. I read so much that he joked that he chooses books for me by weight! Any way I am currently reading DOD (part one) and I am nearly done. It is with great anticipation that I await part two. Cheers to all.
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   Harvester 

• Evil Baron Kitty of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

Welcome to the boards.

#37 User is offline   Iskaral-Bugg-Kruppe 

• Recruit

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

Hi all, I have had an awesome time reading " Toll the Hounds" . I had to kill some time , so decided to join this forum. I totally agree with Onearm's host , TTH is out of this world . I just could not stop. I'm looking forward to having some interesting discussions on this site.

Cheers .

#38 User is offline   Glory 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Astronomy, reading, cooking, shopping, gaming, time with friends

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

Hello everyone!
I am halfway through HoCs at the minute, have loved them all so far!
Anyone else from the UK on here?
G

This post has been edited by Glory: 25 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

"The wolf does not sniff the bears anus" Karsa Orlang, Toll of the Hounds

#39 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

Lots of people from the UK here Glory.

Welcome to you all too.
I AM A TWAT

#40 User is offline   Whiskeyjack629 

• Sarge

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

I was merely searching the depths of the internet for a decent bridgeburner emblem, when I stumbled upon this haven of all things Malazan. I've read fantasy for a long time, got hooked on Redwall and worked my way up over the many years. I haven't yet read Dust of Dreams, I have to work through all the other books again to get back up to date. I've got a feeling I'm going to like it here.
"Do you ever wonder why we're here?'

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users