Malazan Empire: The Badass List of Badass characters - Revisited - Malazan Empire

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Badass List of Badass characters - Revisited with 100% more accuracy AND SPOILERS all books

#81 User is offline   Veilside 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

And just because this is relevant to Tayschrenn.

"People do not understand power. They view it exclusively as a contest, this against that; which is the greater? Which wins, which fails? Power is less about actual conflict - recognizing as it does the mutual damage conflict entails, with such damage making one vulnerable - less about actual conflict, then, than it is about statements. Presence is power's truest expression. And presence is, at its core, the occupation of space. An assertion, if you will. One that must be acknowledged by other powers, lesser or greater, it matters not. Now, if you still insist on simplistic comparison, then I tell you, power is as a stone in the stream. The water may dream of victory, may even yearn for it, but it had best learn patience, yes? Consider every dried stream bed you have seen, and judge who was the ultimate victor in that war of patience"

#82 User is offline   Braden 

• Creature of Shadow and Ice
  • Interests:Airsoft, Live Role Play, reading, music, family...not actually really in that order.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Come-on....Hedge has to be near or at the top!

Being Bad-ass enough to blow yerself up to take out a bug-eye'd mo-fo of a KCCM has gotta be worth major bad-ass pwnage.

#83 User is offline   Veilside 

• High Fist

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

View PostBraden, on 19 July 2010 - 06:18 PM, said:

Come-on....Hedge has to be near or at the top!

Being Bad-ass enough to blow yerself up to take out a bug-eye'd mo-fo of a KCCM has gotta be worth major bad-ass pwnage.

Except he'd be nothing if it weren't for the Moranth, whereas other, more deserving characters don't need nuke grenades to be badass.

#84 User is offline   Braden 

• Interests:Airsoft, Live Role Play, reading, music, family...not actually really in that order.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

ahh.. but a good number of them fear the munitions, where as Hedge is bad-ass enough not to care!

and...Brood without his hammer? Rake without his sword?

I do agree with lots on the list, in particular Icarium and Iron Bars (even though I haven't read about him yet, I still think he's the baddest-ass!), don't agree so much with Kallor though....sure he can get nasty, evil things to happen and is a 100%, true-blue b*stard but...beaten in a strait up sword fight by Whiskyjack?? Ok WJ wasn't a slouch but still a mortal...anyone like Kallor with aspirations to a list like this really needs to pick up his game and start killing people all the time and getting his hands dirty!

Icarium for example....1,000's dead, by his own hand Huuuuuuuuugggggggggggeeeeeeeeeee destruction and some nice DIY skills to boot.

This post has been edited by Braden: 19 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

#85 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:33 AM

Maybe slightly off topic here, but read the part today in MOI about Rake giving Korlat permission to unleash the full might of the TA if Kallor made a move on Silverfox. Again....the full might of the TA, which Korlat says could devastate the continent. WHY IS IT SEEMINGLY SO HARD TO KILL THIS ANCIENT DUDE? Hehe. I love it! He didn't make my badass list, but that's not really the point. Why is he so scary to everyone is what i wanna know.

#86 User is offline   Testluv 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Compound

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

How is akaronys above tayschrenn?!?!?!

inaction isn't badassness. But inaction doesn't negate badassness.
Split my brain into two parts: LEFT and RIGHT. Unfortunately, in my RIGHT, there's nothing left. And, in my LEFT, there's nothing right.

#87 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

View PostBraden, on 19 July 2010 - 07:37 PM, said:

Well, Brood actually walked with Rake and T'riss before he had his hammer and Rake was certainly a badass and a power to consider before he took Dragnipur. Heck, he beat Draconus without it
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#88 User is offline   Braden 

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

View PostBauchelain the Evil, on 20 July 2010 - 08:14 AM, said:

View PostBraden, on 19 July 2010 - 07:37 PM, said:

Well, Brood actually walked with Rake and T'riss before he had his hammer and Rake was certainly a badass and a power to consider before he took Dragnipur. Heck, he beat Draconus without it

..bah! you got me. :) Kallor's still just a big fluffy Lich

(still think Hedge deserves a mention :) )

#89 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

Rather than the sword, you could say that without the blood of Tiam Rake wouldn't be nearly as badass as he is. I mean, look at Andarist. Dude was powerful, but not badass powerful. That would apply to a lot of the other Soletaken Eleint as well.

This post has been edited by MTS: 20 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#90 User is offline   Braden 

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

Having finished MT I feel I have to revise my previous statement....the hardest character is...

Bugg.

This post has been edited by Braden: 04 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

#91 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

View PostTestluv, on 20 July 2010 - 06:26 AM, said:

I second.
Flaming flying fortresses for fun
until they come apart is awesome. And so is setting fire to the undead.

Thus the part of the fanbase that is pro-tayschrenn is now at odds with Illy. Sweet.

IhM Tayschrenn

This post has been edited by Imperial High Mage Tayschrenn: 05 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#92 User is offline   SpectreofEschaton 

• Herald of the Black Dawn
  • Interests:self-annihilation

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

View PostImperial High Mage Tayschrenn, on 05 August 2010 - 08:14 PM, said:

View PostTestluv, on 20 July 2010 - 06:26 AM, said:

I second.
Flaming flying fortresses for fun
until they come apart is awesome. And so is setting fire to the undead.

Thus the part of the fanbase that is pro-tayschrenn is now at odds with Illy. Sweet.

IhM Tayschrenn

I thought it was A'karonys that engulfed Moon's Spawn in fire from his staff, while Tayschrenn was shearing cliff-sized chunks off of it. No? I haven't read GotM in some time.
These glories we have raised... they shall not stand.

#93 User is offline   Unlucky Mancy 

• Recruit
  • Interests:BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS! also angry music (punk rock mostly), and beautiful music (Simon and Garfunkel comes to mind at the moment). Drinking good beer/whiskey and long trips in the backcountry flip my switch.
  • P.S. Cormac McCarthy is my messiah.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

"Draconus, Elder God of Fucking Your Shit Up"

Fuckin A, awesome phrasing and so true.

This post has been edited by Unlucky Mancy: 15 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

"Only through new words might new worlds be called into order." - Saul Williams

#94 User is offline   Azathmaster 

• Rewinder of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • First Survivor in the Survivors' Guild

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

Off topic but, if the crippled god if very crippled/broken/messed up, does that mean his(I think) balls are deformed? Maybe thats why he is so angry all the time.
Here is his story:
One day the CG was walking towards one of his many lovers houses until he saw a piece of bacon on a string. He started sallivating and sprinted after it, he kept chasing it until he hit a wormhole, he went into the wormhole, crushed a continent with his fat ass, and then suffered from malformed balls. then he set out with the misson to neuter every man who has ever existed so they share his pain. Then he tried to kill Ublala to steal his balls and then Karsa showed up and was like, "You are evil, you will die." The Ublala said "Lead us, warleader." and they fought the CG until Karsa got tired and then they ran away.
"To victory! It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken"

#95 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:38 AM

Whoa, how long has this been pinned?

Well, I think I need to redo the list after TCG. And incidentally, WJ will definitely be ranked higher than before.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#96 User is offline   p1000 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Practically anything I come across.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

You think just one change after reading tCG? Thought it'd shake this thing up a good bit.
PK.

#97 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

Yeah I'm interested to see how Illy will change the list.

I know that after SW at least I would put Kyle up a bit higher.

This post has been edited by End of Disc One: 22 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

#98 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 22 February 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

Yeah I'm interested to see how Illy will change the list.

I know that after SW at least I would put Kyle up a bit higher.

What?! All he did was get knocked unconscious several times! Plus, his name is pronounced the same as Ms. Minogue's!
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#99 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

The "Crowning Moments of Awesome" section on TV Tropes needs more Malazan: http://tvtropes.org/...BookOfTheFallen

#100 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

Ahem, cough, Badassity...as in....destorys the universe? Ok lets give this a think

1 T'iam, because as we well know, if she's unvieled she'll be unstoppable and destroy EVERYTHING... GO GO TIAM YOU SEXY BEECH
2 Korabas, because without T''iam she would have destroyed everything as well XD
3 Raest/Gothos/Other Jaghuts who could have had the potential for tyranny. Only that stupid soul draining random chance Azath got him...I say Erikson...you cheated Raest, sure he's a bit of an ass hole, but a BADASSHOLE
4 Icarium enraged, yeah yeah Trull Sengar did some stuff with a spear or whatever, Icarium destroys cities, WOOT
5 HOOD, 'Gods the power from this one, he must be elder, he could have been, gods he could have been whatever he wanted...'
'You...You're Hood aren't you?'

and then he bites her face off

BADASS
:rofl:

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users