• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Red Dead (Redemption) Series AKA Rockstar's Grand Theft Equine

#401 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:51 PM

I've briefly waded into the Online waters myself. I did some early missions (like steal a horse with two other online players), that you are steered to by Online to get your character set up. I like the match making aspect that seems to be a carry over from GTA Online Heists feature. Which makes sense, as doing things with a posse or with other online players, like robbing trains, banks, stealing horses, etc., really is pulling off heists.

Once I got my camp set up, 'Free Roam' mode kicks in. Here is where the 15 yr. olds can shoot you in the face. Well, I gotta to tell you (and not sure if this will change), but I didn't get murdered by anyone yet. In fact, based on my experience from GTA Online and RDR1, I thought it was going to be murder central, so instead, I decided to shoot first when I rode up to other online players. Only to find out that they were just going about their own way. I felt bad. Not sure why this has changed (Rockstar games online being a murder free for all). Maybe because I'm on PSN and not Xbox Live? (there being more booger eating 12 to 15 year asshole kids on XBL?). Anyway, my camp was set up not far from Armadillo. I haven't even been near there in the regular campaign mode.

[EDIT] About 'Free Roam' and being grief'd by other online players. I know GTA Online had a 'passive' mode you could switch to so no one could kill you. I haven't explored all the options in RDR2 online, but I imagine that will be an option available to you. I hope so anyway.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 30 November 2018 - 02:54 PM

#402 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:30 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 November 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

(there being more booger eating 12 to 15 year asshole kids on XBL?)

Play Rocket League on XBL with messaging enabled. I dare ya.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#403 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

I've played COD games in the past on XBL with the lobby unmuted. It's all bad, but there was a specific individual that was so disgusting, I witnessed his banishment in real time(one of his buddies confirmed to the lobby). I wouldn't say the things he was saying on a parallel existence where they celebrated backwards day and something akin to 'The Purge' on the same day.

#404 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:53 PM

Just rewatched the 1st Episode of Deadwood.

And fuck, looks like Rockstar did too. Pinkertons, Driscoll, pig feeding... so many scenes are in RDR2. There's even a shot of a fight in the street, a brawl with a big guy in the same shirt as the first guy you beat up in Valentine.

I'm planning on rewatching all of it, be interesting to see what else shows up.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 06 December 2018 - 08:55 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#405 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

Wow, finally got to Chapter 4 and St. Denis proper. Micah is a dick. I'm sure there is more to come from him. oh for fuck sake, you know by now Posted ImagePosted Image.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 18 December 2018 - 06:38 PM

#406 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

Put that in a spoiler box.

#407 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:42 PM

Cheers. I'm still playing at my own pace, and despite frequent visits to Reddit, I remain unspoiled. I'm putting things together myself now of course, but I'm still not that far ahead and the ending remains unknown.

That said I am trying to progress so I don't get spoiled at some point.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 18 December 2018 - 09:43 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#408 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:08 PM

You know how you got a wanted level for running over a chicken in town? Well I had something similarly absurd. So, I purchased a hold up mask from one of the fences and somehow I put it on and didn't know it (couldn't tell because of wearing cowboy hat and riding swiftly into Valentine). It was the first mask I bought and never been used or seen wearing it. As I'm going towards the gun shop in Valentine to get my guns cleaned, the sheriff (or one of his underlings) tells me to take off the mask. I was all like "wtf?!". I swing the camera around and indeed, I have the mask on. So I bring up the equip wheel thingy and try to find it so I can unequip. Well, I took too long and the police start after me. I have to book it out of town on my horse and take the mask of and then pay a friggan bounty fine when I return to Valentine. Posted Image

#409 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

Another one I had was in Rhodes. I was crossing the street and a carriage went past. I was quite close, and Arthur just decided to climb up next to the driver. Instant wanted level! It escalated fast.

I don't usually mind, but if you've not saved for a bit and weren't expecting trouble, it can be a pain to have to reload or pay a fine.

I'm a bit pissed off as my level 4 horse I had from the start has disappeared from the stable. I took the warhorse I got as a freeby for preordering out for a spin, levelled it up, and now my faithful racer Rebel has left the game. Probably in disgust at my lack of faith.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 19 December 2018 - 11:22 AM

#410 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:24 PM

I haven't upgraded to a better horse breed myself. However after the shit show that Rhodes becomes, I made the mistake of going back and holy shit I was accosted by police big time (wanted level must have been near or at max). And the end result was my horse was killed. First time that's happened to me in the game. So I start up with similar breed and have to go through the process of leveling him back up (no more power slide stops, dammit!). So I'm considering going to the places on the map and taming one of the breeds that are listed as the best in the game.

[EDIT[ Named my new horse 'Moonshine'.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 19 December 2018 - 04:35 PM

#411 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

Did you guys ever happen upon that feller on the road screaming for help. So you accept and load him on your horse and ride him to the doctor in Saint Denis? The doctor says he has to amputate his arm and that you should probably not stick around, but you decide to and you witness this happen.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Then that bitch of a doctor just tosses his arm in a bucket. What sort of abattoir were doctor's offices around the late 1800s / early 1900s? FFS, I had to put the game on pause as my gorge rose in my throat. Needed a good 10 min. to let the feeling pass and return to the game. Oh fuck me sideways all the way to Sunday, the sounds that accompany it too!
Posted Image

#412 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, it was awesome.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#413 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

Whoa! Slow Ben, you playing RDR2?! Well join the discussion my dude. I thought I was the only one still actively playing.

Jumped into RDR2 Online some last night. This dude I was battling in free roam had to have some cheat hacks installed. He killed me like ten times before I could escape and he was head shotting me almost every time. One time I was hiding in a cabin and I was watching his blip on the mini-map. Dude was moving around preternaturally fast. He threw some fire bottles to try and burn me out, but they didn't do the job. So I'm posted right by the door with my gun drawn. He breaks in and gets behind me and ties me up before I even get a shot off. Yeeeeeah right! I'm way low level and and have shit for guns and gear, but there's no way he should have been able to do that. Another time I was crouching around a big tree. I have excellent headphones so was able to move around to get cover from him by listening to him ride around me. As he was riding around I could swear he was invisible at times (or maybe just a shitty connection?). Anyway, if cheating is rampant on RDR2 Online (haven't played it much myself), I doubt I'll play it much.

#414 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:41 AM

The doctor scene was cool. I like the way it's up to you to stay or not... I hung around by the door and watched, lots of detail for something you might easily miss if you walk out the door.

#415 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:23 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 January 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

Whoa! Slow Ben, you playing RDR2?! Well join the discussion my dude. I thought I was the only one still actively playing.

Jumped into RDR2 Online some last night. This dude I was battling in free roam had to have some cheat hacks installed. He killed me like ten times before I could escape and he was head shotting me almost every time. One time I was hiding in a cabin and I was watching his blip on the mini-map. Dude was moving around preternaturally fast. He threw some fire bottles to try and burn me out, but they didn't do the job. So I'm posted right by the door with my gun drawn. He breaks in and gets behind me and ties me up before I even get a shot off. Yeeeeeah right! I'm way low level and and have shit for guns and gear, but there's no way he should have been able to do that. Another time I was crouching around a big tree. I have excellent headphones so was able to move around to get cover from him by listening to him ride around me. As he was riding around I could swear he was invisible at times (or maybe just a shitty connection?). Anyway, if cheating is rampant on RDR2 Online (haven't played it much myself), I doubt I'll play it much.

Have had similar issues myself- just on Friday we had a guy who took about 12 shots in the space of a few seconds (three of us were shooting him) and didn't die, and proceeded to one shot all of us.
Now, he was level 150, and was definitely using some tonics, but there is no way anyone should be able to take 12 shots and then wipe the floor with three people, that's just ridiculous.
That being said it's not super common or anything.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#416 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

Lol git gud noobz.

#417 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:51 PM

Lol. Tacitus Kilgore.

Also, Daaaaaayum! Out of the frying pan and into the fire! Even Mael punishes them for their transgressions < < < < see what I did there? Connecting it to MBotF? Posted Image

Anywhoo. I mean at what point are they going to get the message? That they are set up for treachery and tragedy. Was not the saying - "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice".....ermPosted Image

Agree? yes? no? meh?

#418 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:11 AM

On the second epilogue. Holy shit what a game. Good enough to make me want to fire up the old ps3 and play the first one again, but man the graphical step down is going to stink I think
Error: Signature not valid

#419 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:15 AM

Dirigibles!!

Also, have you guys, like me, come to the conclusion that Sadie Adler is a bad ass? Like the baddest assiest (is that a phrase?) of them all? She rocks!

#420 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:17 AM

Uh, yeah. She's f'ing awesome.

Just started the 2nd epilogue.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users