• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guild Wars 2 Twice the guildiness, twice the war

#41 User is offline   Gryllen 

• cause of horrid death
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Gotta go and visit my friend tomorrow to exploit his fast internet connection, otherwise I may not be able to complete the download in time. Can't wait for friday evening (for me it starts 22.00).

This post has been edited by Gryllen: 25 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

#42 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

It starts at 5am on Saturday morning for me :thumbsup:
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#43 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

3pm Friday afternoon for me.

Muahah. Muhahahaha. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAH.

I look to be rolling on the Sea of Sorrows (US) server, if you and Luci have not chosen a server for the BWE yet.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 26 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#44 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

For EU people I will be making Fissure of Woe my home server, and I will be starting a Malazan forum guild for the beta. I'll probably end up being part of about five by the time release comes just from beta people, haha.

Anyway, we need a nifty beta guild name (proper names for release can wait. I don't know if they've changed the character limits from GW1 but let's assume they haven't, so a 31 character guild name and a 2-4 character guild tag.

A) Malazan Sixty Ninth [ARMY]

2) Fan Club Of Torvald [NOM]

Gamma) Your Choice Goes [HERE] (no seriously suggest your own don't leave it to the tyranny of Illy)
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#45 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

The Book of the Fallen?
The Chain of Dogs?
The Wolves of Winter?
The Deck of Dragons?
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#46 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Come on, gimmick guild of only engineers with mine kits and grenade kits called Sappers Know How To Party [BOOM]?

Quorl Milkoholics Anonymous [BANG]?

My Other Garden Tool is Anomander [RAKE]?

Where The Hell Are My Legs [BOLE]?

Hell, even a Twelve Warrens Are Better Than Four [TQB]?

I EXPECT MORE
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#47 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

We Will Ranal You [Boom]
Icarium's Irregulars [Keen]
Mael [Strom]

and anything that glorifies Greymane.

My Other Garden Tool is Anomander [RAKE]?

wins hands down, though.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#48 User is offline   Princess 

• I have a plethora of titles!
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hnnghh, Tomorrow, 20:00 PM. So very close. There will be NA and EU servers, right? Or will it be one large server?
There's a skeleton living inside of you, he's just waiting for you to die to be free.

#49 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Stolen shamelessly from this thread on the game, seriously go check out that op it is a thing of beauty is a list of servers for NA and EU plus which communities are likely to be plaguing it!

US Worlds
Anvil Rock - /v/, FACEPUNCH
Borlis Pass - OMFGcatabvc
Yak’s Bend - Yogscast, GW2 Guru, GameTrailers, Kinda Ferocious, ZAM, ThoughtBludgeon
Henge of Denravi - NeoGAF, Guild Wars Reporter
Maguuma - MMORPG.com, Aureus Knights, Knights of Eminence, Better Late Than Never, Sages' Lost Intrigues
Sorrow’s Furnace - (DAoC Vets), VexX Gaming (PvP), Hearts of Chaos (PvX),GuildMag, Kabal, GWDen.com, Arena Junkies, Perfect in Theory (PvP), Descendants of Honor (PvX), Towelliee, The District Nudists (PvX), Armata Reddit alt, Bodybuilding.com, Citadel (PvP)
Kaineng - (Asian Guilds x1)
Jade Quarry - PVP, Decisive Action (PvP)
Fort Aspenwood - RMA Clan (PVP), Penny Arcade
Ehmry Bay - Roleplaying Alt
Ferguson’s Crossing
Darkhaven - Reddit, CheckMate, Oceanic alt, Almost Famous (PvP), Gamebreaker, GuildWars2Forum.com, Aetherius Network(PvX), CheckMate (PvX), BTeamGaming
Vasburg - joO Binder (PvP)
Eredon Terrace - (Québec/French Canadian Guilds x3)
Crystal Desert - (SE Asia Guild x1), forums.hardwarezone.com.sg, Fragment(http://www.freefrag.com)
Tarnished Coast - Unofficial Roleplaying, The Gentlemen's Club, RPG.net, Angels of the Warp, Lion's Vanguard (RP-PvX), Ardwulf's Lair
Steamspur Mountains - Dragon Chasers
Blazeridge Mountains - The Gaming Ents (r/entgaming subreddit), R/trees
Isle of Janthir
Sea of Sorrows - (Unofficial Oceanic) Something Awful GOONS, Downunder, The Australian Cybergamer, Harlequin, Aurora Australis, Yakisoba, Aggroculture, (SEA/Philippines) PNOY Alliance, The Order of the Mailed Fist, Melee Missile, xiphias Gladius
Deldrimor - GuildWars2-Online.com (Spanish Speakers) / Latin America, La Hermandad
Scavenger’s Causeway
Moladune - Boons and Conditions
Eternal Grove - Sea of Stars & Star Onions, Tribe Gaming

EU Worlds
Kodonur -
Gandara - GW2guru, Futilez (PvP), (UK Guild x1)
Kodash - guildmag.com
Blacktide - (Russian Guilds x2) (Polish Guilds x2) , GoHa.ru, guildwars-2.ru, guildwars.pl, guildwars2.com.pl
Istan - MMORPG.com, JV.com (FR), GW2TR (Turkey)
Vabbi - 4chan/vg/, mmorpg.pl
Kourna - gw2.fr
Fissure of Woe - (Italian Guilds), (Romanian Guilds), SomethingAwful
Underworld - (Portugese Guilds x4), Maltese Community
Ring of Fire - (French Guilds x1), Fr-GuildWars2.net (FR), The Bulgarians (PvP), FACEPUNCH, The Elite Mercenaries
Far Shiverpeaks - (Dutch Guilds x6) (Nordic Guilds x8), GW2nl.nl, guildwars2.no, gw2sverige.se, Guildwars2.dk, Ragnarok Of Primordus, Tweakers.net, Sweclockers.com, 4Gamers.be, Ragnarok
Petrified Forest - Roleplaying
Jade Sea - NeoGAF, killabytesonline.com
Desolation - Rock Paper Shotgun, PC Gamer, (UK Guild x3), Sovereign
Magus Falls - (German Guild x1)
Whiteside Ridge - (UK Guild x1), (Israeli Guild x1), Reddit, GameTrailers, Vgames Israeli Community.
Fort Ranik - (French Guilds x6) JoL (FR), (Dutch Guilds x1), gw2.variance.hu, 9lives.be,
Ruins of Surmia - (Spanish Guilds x3) Israel Community,
Sharp’s Corner - (Spanish Guilds x3)
Aurora Glade - (Spanish Guilds x3)
Riverside - Guild Wars 2 Slovenia, Slovak and Czech community
Elona Reach - (German A/CH/D) wartower.de (DE), gw2.onlinewelten.de, guild-wars-2.net (DE)
Augury Rock - (German Alt A/CH/D), Luna-Atra.fr (FR), univers-virtuels.net (FR),FU
Abaddon’s Mouth - (German Alt A/CH/D) (Italian Guild x1)

#50 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

I was so convinced I would never ever touch a MMORPG again. And now, I'm not so sure anymore....
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#51 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Remember it's B2P, so if you get bored you can leave it for a year then come back and never have to pay another penny if you don't want to and you'll still get all the updates.

Just as a rough comparison to TERA, in euros because I forget what the costs were in other currency:

TERA: 55€ + 1 month free + 11 months of 13€ = 198€
GW2 55€ + 12 months of 0 = 55€

Also Guild Wars 2 doesn't have a race of eight year old girls with massive hips who wear tiny metal bikinis and panties, seriously TERA what the fuck

#52 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Well i know what server i'm joining.

PETRIFIED FOREST GO!
There's a skeleton living inside of you, he's just waiting for you to die to be free.

#53 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Illy, you seem to be the resident expert about GW2. Will GW2 offer anything special for roleplayers? I know we have all the cosmetic armour and dyes, but is there anything new they're doing?

#54 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostTerry Goodkind, on 26 April 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

Illy, you seem to be the resident expert about GW2. Will GW2 offer anything special for roleplayers? I know we have all the cosmetic armour and dyes, but is there anything new they're doing?

Allowing people to join multiple guilds may help?
It allows you to have themed guilds (which could be really nice for RPers), as well joining a guild because your friends are in it.

That's the only new thing I can think of off the top of my head...
But yeah, the ability to switch stats onto different armours/weapons so you can stick with the models you like, the buddy-up/down mechanic, hidden places to explore, taking fortresses in your guilds name in WvW (still counts towards your world, but your guild flag goes up), cross server chat (combined with capturing in guilds name could lead to some cool cross server guild rivalries) could all help :thumbsup:

Illy, I will have a thinkg for names, but I am terrible at coming up with them, so no promises :)

Obdi, we were going to give being on an EU server with Illy a shot, as we knew he was in the beta. And you get one free server switch, so we can try it, and if lag is too bad, then we can switch to US servers.
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#55 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

Damn Luci, that's awesome! Thanks yo!

#56 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

It's not enabled in the beta, but you'll keep the same dye scheme when you change armours so you can keep a theme going, however I've not really been interested in roleplaying in MMOs so I can't really help you there I'm afraid.

I mean, besides exploring, falling into a cave and triggering a dynamic event by waking up a boss and then OH SHIT RUNNNNNNNNNNNN

#57 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hehehe :thumbsup: Oh man, i can't wait, it'll be awesome and rad and cool.

#58 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

My old WoW guild is joining Jade Sea (our WoW server was Emerald Dream, so it felt like a logical choice.) On the off chance that any of you end up there, I'd obviously take advantage of the multiple guilds thing.

And yes Ily, yes, the login screen is just... lovely. Although I didn't personal achieve erection through it.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#59 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostKanubis, on 26 April 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

My old WoW guild is joining Jade Sea (our WoW server was Emerald Dream, so it felt like a logical choice.) On the off chance that any of you end up there, I'd obviously take advantage of the multiple guilds thing.

And yes Ily, yes, the login screen is just... lovely. Although I didn't personal achieve erection through it.

You should probably see a doctor about that.

#60 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

If I haven't got a semi after character creation I'll seek professional help.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users