Malazan Empire: playstation 3 or xbox 360? - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

playstation 3 or xbox 360?

#41 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

360 hands down.

Its multiplayer function is possibly the best in the gaming world.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#42 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

Aaaand thanks skywalker

You can always count on somebody to come into the debate on PS3 - 360 waving the wii flag

It's not part of the debate. Wii is dumb and for kids and the games on it are shitty remakes of the exact same games nintendo has been producing for 20 years.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#43 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

ooooOOOO .. the glowes are off now. Let's talk about windows vs mac too
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#44 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

No point. Linux obviously wins Morgoth.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#45 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

skywalker, go back to your kinderrgarden class, they're about to start finger painting.
I hate the Xbox, but I would happily take it ahead of the Wii.
Wii is a frigging gimmick.
"Wow! its just like playing tennis!"
no its not, you can play it just as well sitting on the chair with minimal arm movement, no need to monkey about the living room like and idiot. Want to play tennis, get a bat and a ball
ugh, apologies.

I don't get people who actually like the xbox controller, all foolishness and jokery aside, I think its an unwieldy awkward lump. The PS controller has always been a much more compact, functional design.
And halo, I'm sorry aij, isn't the be and end all. Its an average shooter, GoW would be a better posterboy, a far superior game.
But most games are multiplatform, the few exclusive titles on either side wouldn't be enough to pull me either way, as theres normally a suitable counterpart on the other side of the fence.
But I'm still a PS fanboy, no RRoD, bluray, better controller, no paying for online services (for playing games I have no problems with the service, I have a good net connection and enjoy getting the shnit kicked out of me by 12 japanese kids)
Regarding the wireless (RLY mentioned it?) its actually VERY useful, our router is out in the hall and my mum has no desire to see cables and leads trailing all over the place to get the internet on my silly games thingy. Its a stable constant connection that (albiet a bitch to get set up at times, there was a common DNS problem that has been resolved) gives me no trouble and is wundaerbar for watching HD youtube vids fullscreen on.

at hearti'm a strategist so in closing
PC>PS3>PS2>XBOX360>PSX>N64>XBOX>MEGADRIVE>WII

#46 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

The Wii is, to be honest, complete shit. Nintendo basically looked at all its serious/hardcore gamers and gave them a double bird. The wiimote control scheme is too clunky to use for any real games (wii sports doesn't count as a real game in my book) i.e. shooters & fighting games. Hell, even a real sports game. Since the Wii has worse hardware and shit online capabilities, it must be better with controls and exclusives. I've covered controls, and its only decent exclusive is Brawl...and Melee for the GC is far superior.

Although, Macros, I think we're both getting trolled here. Windows Vista lover as well? That's impossible. No one actually loves Vista--at most they tolerate it.

#47 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

I have a friend who owns a ps3 and who is also hard up for money, so I may be able to get one on the cheap, again - I miss my ratchet and clank.

Also, concerning the Wii:

I dislike it for all the normal 'it's childish, the games are rubbish, etc.' reasons, but I fully respect the money Nintendo has made with their gimmick. It was a smart move and I don't think it's alright to write Nintendo off just yet. I can't link you directly, since I'm at work and it gets blocked, but Google, "nintendo blue ocean" and read the information regarding the blue ocean business strategy. If Nintendo is really doing this, we should be seeing some better games within the next year. Of course, my fervent hope is that Nintendo decides to start aging their main franchises a bit.

#48 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:00 PM

Macros: I can see why the wireless would be useful if your router is in a different room. I have al my electronics in the same room, so it's not an issue. You say thay got the wireless issues worked out? I'll have to tell my friend, he might give it another go.
Error: Signature not valid

#49 User is offline   lobo the wolfman 

• Wide Eyed Stupid
  • Interests:Beer, books and heavy metal.

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

Silencer: i have no problem with a company that does well, i just don't like the way microsoft does business. All too often they show themselves to be greedy corporate bully's, and it's the people that use their products that end with the shitty end of the stick with buggy sub stranded programs. It's not just with MS - sony conflicts either, its with their pc products as well.
In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us.

#50 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

Hrm. You see, it's strange. I've never had an issue with MS - take getting my 360 repaired. Perfect, fast, polite, and good service. They even threw in a "we're sorry" gift. Sure, it "shouldn't" have broken in the first place, but the fact it was out of warranty at the time makes that irrelevant. If your PS3 breaks after it's warranty what do you think Sony's response would be? ;)

Still, I find it strange that so many people have this - "I don't want to give M$ more money". Anybody else here like Lobo?

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#51 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

I like lobo.
Error: Signature not valid

#52 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

I have a 360 I haven't played in months - no money for new games, no real desire to get pissed off because I can't beat a boss, and no motivation to spend anytime trying to advance. It looks sweet as hell through the HDMI hook-up on my Sharp Aquos though. ;)

My brother has a PS3, and he's constantly saying how it wasn't worth the price. Then again, he doesn't have internet because he's from the stone ages and lives in the boonies.

#53 User is offline   lobo the wolfman 

• Wide Eyed Stupid
  • Interests:Beer, books and heavy metal.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:17 AM

Ah, stop it Raymond, now your just making me blush like a school girl.
In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us.

#54 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image

#55 User is offline   Mr.James 

• Architectalis

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

For me its 360 all the way, simply for the reason that a 360 game costs 100 Syrian pounds -whichs is 2$ !!!- and a PS3 game costs 3900 SP -original price 50,60 $-
sure its modded...but who cares?? I got RROD but got it fixed in 3 hours and cost me 20$ ....
you gotta love hackers !!
though sometimes when I'm alone, I still weep for God of War 3....

what..
When a man lies he murders
Some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which
Men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear
To witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation
Take me home
'James

#56 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

There are a few good games for Wii, but it was aimed at the casual gamer which is why everyone and their mother got involved there I guess. Emmm... pass.

I have had the RRoD 4 times now but it has never been a hassle to fix. I have 2 boxes, my elite and pro, so if one goes down I am still good to go. For me, the fact that I keep going back means the product is good. Besides Microsoft is constantly upgrading the processor chip to help stop the RRoD from occuring. Plus the 3 year warrenty is helpful too.

#57 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:59 AM

So, Stalker, do you lie yours down or stand yours up?

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#58 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:59 AM

I stand mine up.

To be fair one of the RRoD wasn't a problem with the xbox, it was a problem of nature. A bolt of lightning struck right outside my house and overloaded the surge protector which killed my 360, original xbox, a computer, and the entire security system to the house.

One was an E74 or whatever the code is that is a malfunction which needs repair and gives the 3 red lights, but isn't actually the same thing as the RRoD.

The other two just happened.

#59 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:56 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on Jul 24 2009, 05:49 PM, said:

Aaaand thanks skywalker

You can always count on somebody to come into the debate on PS3 - 360 waving the wii flag

It's not part of the debate. Wii is dumb and for kids and the games on it are shitty remakes of the exact same games nintendo has been producing for 20 years.

View PostSixty, on Jul 24 2009, 08:56 PM, said:

The Wii is, to be honest, complete shit. Nintendo basically looked at all its serious/ hardcore gamers and gave them a double bird. The wiimote control scheme is too clunky to use for any real games (wii sports doesn't count as a real game in my book) i.e. shooters & fighting games. Hell, even a real sports game. Since the Wii has worse hardware and shit online capabilities, it must be better with controls and exclusives. I've covered controls, and its only decent exclusive is Brawl...and Melee for the GC is far superior.

View PostMacros, on Jul 24 2009, 07:29 PM, said:

skywalker, go back to your kinderrgarden class, they're about to start finger painting.
I hate the Xbox, but I would happily take it ahead of the Wii.
Wii is a frigging gimmick.
"Wow! its just like playing tennis!"
no its not, you can play it just as well sitting on the chair with minimal arm movement, no need to monkey about the living room like and idiot. Want to play tennis, get a bat and a ball
ugh, apologies.

View PostStalker, on Jul 28 2009, 04:23 AM, said:

There are a few good games for Wii, but it was aimed at the casual gamer which is why everyone and their mother got involved there I guess. Emmm... pass.

All right people... I know where you live...

:)

:)

but seriously... I said it half as a joke and half as a "this is going to come up sooner or later anyway" (as Beer Party expected). I think the Wii is good fun, and makes for a good break from a mundane work-routine. For me it was a) cheap, and b ) cheap and c) cheap... so I bought it. If I was in my "hardcore gamer" mode still, maybe I'd not want it and go for a 360 or PS3. But now that I have less than 2 hours a week that I can be devoted to playing, I look at it as a nice way to get all nostalgic about "when I used to be a gamer".

Also I love - LOVE - Zelda: Twilight Princess, and am a fan of Mario 64 (although I was disappointed by Galaxy). So, I'm happy with the Wii...

That said, if I had to pick between 360 and PS3, I'd go for the 360... why? cheaper and Halo.

View PostSixty, on Jul 24 2009, 08:56 PM, said:

Although, Macros, I think we're both getting trolled here. Windows Vista lover as well? That's impossible. No one actually loves Vista--at most they tolerate it.

On that I actually was serious. I think Vista is incredibly stable, worth the upgrade from XP and gorgeous once you give it hardware so it has room to play. Also, when combined with Office 2007, it makes for an extremely good workstation. I really don't do much with my laptop/ PC other than access the web and work, and for both, I find the Vista + Office 07 combo is quite the prescription.

Oh and while I'm being the provocateur (sp?) I think Firefox sucks, and IE8 rules.

This post has been edited by Skywalker: 28 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#60 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:38 AM

I use Opera anyways :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic