Malazan Empire: Spoilers for Mafia 49, Highlander - Malazan Empire

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 49, Highlander Kill 'em all....

#421 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:20 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jul 18 2009, 02:18 AM, said:

Gamelon tries to gaurd Anomandaris.....buuuuut it was submitted one minute after the hammer so I had to keep it on Korbas...I informed Game of this

Guard Anomandaris.

Fail. But umm, shouldn't I have been immune to guard since I lynched the BP? Or did you change the rules from "immune to 1 night action" to "immune to night kill the following night?"

Sil wasn't on the Karosis train, so I should have been able to kill him night 2.

#422 User is offline   Malaese 

• Recruit
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:23 AM

View PostKorbas, on Jul 20 2009, 06:11 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jul 17 2009, 06:09 PM, said:

PFener:

I wonder if anyone else realizes how strategic it is to vote yourself early every day in this game. It puts people in a very awkward position by voting you.

Make no mistake, I despise this alt, but my moves are designed with strategy in mind.

Risky, but it might pay its dues.
frankly, I included the alt without giving thought to the bad vibes it has. Basically, i now hope that a good game by the fener player will break the curse ;)

Voting yourself on day 2 was retarded. But I guess since you were RI, you were allowed to do retarded things.

The laws of fallacious probability state that because the alt was RI this time it is more likely to be back to it's evil ways next game...vigilance against Fener alt is the key.
QUOTE (morgoth45)
That's been established as scientific fact. For those of you who are familiar with science, you know it proves nothing conclusively as there can always be an anomaly, but a scientific law is something that is true 90% of the time.

#423 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:24 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jul 18 2009, 05:20 AM, said:

Gem's PM was read in her inbox, so that avenue is closed.

hotfix: I am going to count the immunities gained from Karosis' lynch (and future lynches of BPed players) as BPs for 1 night only. so no-one of those on yesterday's train now has a BP, just as Bent read them (and which is a more than acceptable and logical substitute). I'm also not going to inform the players of the immunities they gained.

I'm not going to plant a substitute teacher in the game either - Morgoth surviving as a second finder should compensate.

All in all, it seems like the game is still going strong, although scum will likely have a much harder time since Baudin's identity will be out in the open after tonight, meaning it becomes 2 against 8 rather than potentially 3 against 7 after day 3's lynch.

Town also has 2 finders, 1 BP, 1 vig and 1 guard remaining (plus 3 RIs), should be enough to counter the killers.

Oh, I see. I got hosed by a screw-up. Happens, I guess.

#424 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:27 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jul 21 2009, 06:30 AM, said:

Kessodin:

Well looks like im going today. This is why i hate being scum, i suck at it :@
Karat has definitely got something up with him with that i wasnt killed argument though, how noone is finding it remotely suspicious i dont know.
oh yeah on off chance i survive
provisional kill karat

noted and thanks for submitting. It's going to be tough surviving... everyone is so far followi9ng the trains obediently ;), but I wish you good luck!

Yes, they all followed the trains really nicely except the one on the first day, that was on a killer, and had three votes to start. *rage*

View PostEmurlahn, on Jul 21 2009, 08:00 AM, said:

It's retarded how I died night 1 and Bwgan still has less posts than I do. I mean, wtf? Did playing the TF2 game leech away all motivation to post or something?

I hate low posters so much...argh

Well, that's nice of you. :)

View PostKorbas, on Jul 21 2009, 01:00 PM, said:

View PostBarghast, on Jul 17 2009, 12:42 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on Jul 15 2009, 02:23 AM, said:

View PostBent, on Jul 14 2009, 04:03 PM, said:

Well, it may be a very quick ending indeed.

Well, the killers will have to take one another out, too :)
But if they lynch a killer day 1, then all on the train start vigging night 2, yeah, we see an awful lot of dead people very fast.

@Sorritt - but look what happens when we lynch a killer!
We would have had three people with vigs, man. XD

Still, I agree, it turned out OK, with two scum dead on night one. But pisses me off that I got lynched for nothing and was actually gunning for a killer. :p

Man, what no one seems to realize is that vigs are 100% BAD for the town. Either you vig an innocent, or you vig a killer and become a killer, still putting the town down one player. Giving people vigs was just plain EVIL, Tapper.

Ah, vigs are bad for town...who said I was rooting for town? After you all turned around and lynched me, why would I want you to win? XD

Awesome game, though. ^^

Now I re-enter the time of the year when I haven't got enough time to play. :p
Either have to take up modding or super-lurk unless I get a neat role. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#425 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

• Analyst of High House Mafia

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:21 AM

View PostMalaese, on Jul 19 2009, 02:02 PM, said:

Interesting setup, kinda sucks for town though. Vigs are terrible for town since they lose a townie either way, directly or vig becomes scum. That means the only way town can win is if the killers kill each other off and/or through lynching and I'm not sure the game lasts enough days to lynch 4 scum with this many kills floating around. So it seems to come down to killer target choice and "luck". Looks like scum can even repopulate if a couple vigs target the same killer, that'd be funny. It does make neat mechanics for the scum though, since only one of them can win.

Agreed with this and Bread. Vig HURT the town in every conceivable way. Looking it over, I think the set-up was entertaining but definitely designed to punish town. Of course, no one killer benefited from it either.

Most frustrating part is that we did essentially win but Drek snagged the scum role and then Lish went out and voted. You are the VPI man, you let them vote each other first!

Gem got a raw deal, sucks.

I'm pretty happy with how I played this game, overall. I think I brought a sense of honor to this alt, even though I still must watch for it at all times. Kudos to D'rek for the win, but I almost count this one in the town column.

#426 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:07 AM

So vigs became killers if they hit a killer?

Wheres the logic in doing that?
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#427 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:16 AM

So bloody anomander had me as his kill target from waaay early in the day....and he was my find ;)

bugger
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#428 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:33 AM

Cant find the post were Ano sends in his pm.
did he want to kill me after my reveal or before?

Oh....and MORGY.....SOOOOOOO close to healing me.
Stupid 0 hour nights.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#429 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:45 AM

View Postdktorode, on Jul 21 2009, 09:07 AM, said:

So vigs became killers if they hit a killer?

Wheres the logic in doing that?

going over to the dark side of the force...
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#430 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:47 AM

View Postdktorode, on Jul 21 2009, 09:33 AM, said:

Stupid 0 hour nights.

Oh, what a time to come back.

I know it's an obvious move but I have no choice jic he's lying about only having 1 find.

Kill Karatallid

It's probably a mistake, but I have no real choice.

10:21 PM, I posted the lynch at 10:24 and it was the same minute as the hammer, iirc
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#431 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:50 AM

twas hectic yesterday.

I'm going to delete the entire inbox on P-S now. Sadly, there are some unpublished PMs probably floating around in there, lost in the moment.

#432 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jul 21 2009, 09:47 AM, said:

View Postdktorode, on Jul 21 2009, 09:33 AM, said:

Stupid 0 hour nights.

Oh, what a time to come back.

I know it's an obvious move but I have no choice jic he's lying about only having 1 find.

Kill Karatallid

It's probably a mistake, but I have no real choice.

10:21 PM, I posted the lynch at 10:24 and it was the same minute as the hammer, iirc

same minute as the hammer is too late if you ask me :p
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#433 User is offline   Breadmaster 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

Just wanted to say this was an awesome game and I enjoyed it.

I'm gonna be taking the next few weeks off from Mafia so I can actually get some work done. Probably be back around August 10 or so.
Evil is on the rise!

#434 User is offline   bwgan 

• OFFICIAL Keeper of Shiny Things of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

View PostSorrit, on Jul 17 2009, 11:45 AM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jul 17 2009, 09:17 AM, said:

Anobwgan:

I think Karosis might be Shin? And Fener is possibly M45? Probably totally wrong on both, but it's fun trying.

My game plan, such as it is, is to try not to sound like me...so to be really confident and self assured...present cases and actually vote on my own cases . That way they won't think it's me and they hopefully will think I have nothing to hide...I'm pretty sure everyone will think Korlat was me anyway. Of course the whole set up, that we know of, in this game makes the usual rules of how scum 'should' play pretty irrelevant...but there are a few who seem unable/unwilling/big fibbers about being able to get out of the normal mind set....personally I think they are being big fibbers and know perfectly well that the normal 'rules' don't apply.

BWGAN! :p

Don't think I didn't notice this post, as well as the fact that you made a case on "me" and voted accordingly.

I alt guessed you horribly too though, I thought you were Galayn Lord. :p

Oh, now you don't really think that's why I built that case do you? Honestly I didn't (although I'm not saying it wouldn't have been funny!)

View PostSorrit, on Jul 20 2009, 01:01 AM, said:

Personally I'm rootin' for bwgan, since she's never been killer before.

Careful or our frieud might be over before it's really begun!

To everyone - that was great...and my list of alt guesses will now be symbolically burned, because I was generally horribly wrong.

Big thanks to Tapper and Bent for an awsome game.
'Tell me, Tool, what dominates your thoughts?'
The Imass shrugged before replying. 'I think of Mafia, Adjunct.'
'Do all Imass think about Mafia?'
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users