Malazan Empire: Spoilers for Mafia 48: The Lies of Locke Lamora - Malazan Empire

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 48: The Lies of Locke Lamora HEY HEY HEY

#321 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

View PostD'rek, on Jul 11 2009, 02:48 AM, said:

Wait, what? Mal is leaving? But whhhhhy? And who will I make half-decent Firefly/Serenity ref's too now??!! Pooooooh!

I've watched the series religiously. Hell, my avatar is Tudyk :p
Also, good game everyone, well played. :p We'll miss you, Malease.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#322 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

View PostMalaese, on Jul 11 2009, 03:19 AM, said:

Well good game. Seems I pissed quite a few people off so I'll be moving on from Malaz mafia. You may not like the way I acted, but you can't deny playing overtly as bwgan got me to the end of the game where I had a chance to undo Silanah. If you want to complain about me you SHOULD complain about Silencer's kill list in my mini, that was just as rude, but you won't of course. I'm happy for Pb that he brought his team to victory since I introduced him to the game here. I'm saddened that my friend would resort to meta, modkill and modpm quoting to pull that off and I'll take it as a sign he was scared I was going to swing the game on him. Pb you should play with more honor, it suits you better, but this isn't the first time we've travelled this road is it? Sorry to those mods that I offended, but when you are in the game and half the updates are constantly having to be corrected by the players, mod updates are done on accounts other than Path-shaper and there are no lynch trains it makes it really hard to go back and get the information you need and I expressed my frustration as such. I can see now it was prompted by a deleted post from HD who didn't have the balls to leave it up what he really thought about me, PM it to me dude, I'm man enough to read it. Sorry if I offended bwgan, she's actually one of my favorite players and I would have thought that evidenced by my conversations with her during my mini. Hats off to Bent who I always enjoyed talking too and in my mind is a real stand up guy. Cheers to Tapper who runs by far the best games on the site. Random insults to Breadmaster because it annoys the shit out of him when he thinks I'm insulting him in game and it makes me giggle. Take care and good game to you all.

I hope this isnt partly my fault. I was pissed because one of my symps sudden change in playstyle got me lynched but it wasnt anything personal and I doubt I would have lasted more than a day or two longer. However, if you dont feel that you want to play here anymore then it's your choice and it's sad to see a player leave. Good luck and thanks for saying goodbye, hopefully we see you around again.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#323 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

Malaese, don't go. (you realize, we can coin the phrase "pulling a bwoody" for this). Don't take HD too seriously, he was probably drunk at the time. :p
And in case you missed it, there was a lot of admiration in SH for you pulling off the bwgan impression. (it was just the other names you used that had some people irate). Tensions can run high in these games and insults will be thrown around, I don't think anyone takes it too seriously. (If we did, Dibs would've been banned long ago :p

Besides, if you leave, who will Bent kill?

This post has been edited by Shinrei: 11 July 2009 - 11:35 AM

You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#324 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

View PostMalaese, on Jul 11 2009, 02:19 AM, said:

Well good game. Seems I pissed quite a few people off so I'll be moving on from Malaz mafia. You may not like the way I acted, but you can't deny playing overtly as bwgan got me to the end of the game where I had a chance to undo Silanah. If you want to complain about me you SHOULD complain about Silencer's kill list in my mini, that was just as rude, but you won't of course. I'm happy for Pb that he brought his team to victory since I introduced him to the game here. I'm saddened that my friend would resort to meta, modkill and modpm quoting to pull that off and I'll take it as a sign he was scared I was going to swing the game on him. Pb you should play with more honor, it suits you better, but this isn't the first time we've travelled this road is it? Sorry to those mods that I offended, but when you are in the game and half the updates are constantly having to be corrected by the players, mod updates are done on accounts other than Path-shaper and there are no lynch trains it makes it really hard to go back and get the information you need and I expressed my frustration as such. I can see now it was prompted by a deleted post from HD who didn't have the balls to leave it up what he really thought about me, PM it to me dude, I'm man enough to read it. Sorry if I offended bwgan, she's actually one of my favorite players and I would have thought that evidenced by my conversations with her during my mini. Hats off to Bent who I always enjoyed talking too and in my mind is a real stand up guy. Cheers to Tapper who runs by far the best games on the site. Random insults to Breadmaster because it annoys the shit out of him when he thinks I'm insulting him in game and it makes me giggle. Take care and good game to you all.

no need for all that mal, i piss people off regular and get pissed off just as frequently. stick around and spite the fuckers is my motto :p

#325 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

View PostShinrei, on Jul 11 2009, 12:34 PM, said:

Malaese, don't go. (you realize, we can coin the phrase "pulling a bwoody" for this). Don't take HD too seriously, he was probably drunk at the time. :p
And in case you missed it, there was a lot of admiration in SH for you pulling off the bwgan impression. (it was just the other names you used that had some people irate). Tensions can run high in these games and insults will be thrown around, I don't think anyone takes it too seriously. (If we did, Dibs would've been banned long ago :p

Besides, if you leave, who will Bent kill?

i am too entertaining to be banned :p

#326 User is offline   Malaese 

• Recruit

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

I appreciate the words, this just isn't the place for me to play. As you know I'm out-spoken and that ruffles a lot of feathers in anything I do. I like to play having a defined set of rules and as such I just can't cope when things change, like the spiders getting split up. Technically, I should have been "redistributed" when Barghast was lynched and I would have either sealed the win for one team or caused a stalemate draw for the other team. Asinine and pointless? Probably, but I didn't make the rules change mid-game, I still have to play in that game however. It's not even about winning it's just about playing a good and clean game for me. I was happy with my game and my bro Peanut had to pull some exremely poor form three times to try and stop me. Ultimately that's what has soured me on the game and believe me he knows this. Lastly, I didn't say on thread I was playing as bwgan because bwgan was still in the game and that in my opinion would be against the alting rules and so I had to make allusions to how I was actually playing in and effort to salvage my game. Having just reread a bunch of Harry Potter before the upcoming movie those were what immediately came to mind, I'm not sure why they were insulting, I thought they were fun characters, but whatever. I'm sure I'll stop in from time to time to read some games since I still find it an interesting subject. Good luck to you all, except Bent, may his kills and vigs find a BP or heal forever more.
QUOTE (morgoth45)
That's been established as scientific fact. For those of you who are familiar with science, you know it proves nothing conclusively as there can always be an anomaly, but a scientific law is something that is true 90% of the time.

#327 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

Mal has gone all emo and Brooded out. Stop being a douche, and relax, no one stays pissed, what a whiny little clunge. Also, I love you and please dont leave me here alone with these people. Also, HELP!!!! I NEED SOMEBODY! HELP!!! NOT JUST ANYBODY!!

And a final piece of advice, take a game off, go play in the Inn for a while, and say fuck you to anyone who doesn't like who you are, or how you play.

But quitting is just not an option. EMO!
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#328 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

Agreed. TBH Mal, no one takes this game very seriously (or at least, if they do, they should take a step back and reconsider their priorities). It's addicting, it's fun, but it's not rage-a-hol and should not be viewed as such.

Hopefully you reconsider. :p

#329 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

PB here. I'm sorry for Malaese leaving but I know how he thinks. Hopefully he'll come back and then he can modkill me all he wants for any game I play that he mods.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#330 User is offline   bwgan 

• OFFICIAL Keeper of Shiny Things of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

Mal - like Sixty says it's a game...and like I have said before, anything said 'in game' should stay in game. I'm not offended by anything you said or did...it's quite an honour that anyone should think my 'style' is worth copying...I am gutted that you were so successful and I hate everyone who alt guessed you as me...I never realised I was such a drip :p. Pro tip - the only mistake you made on that score was (rather ironically) insulting me in thread...I would never intentionally do that, but by then I think you had changed style anyway.

It's a game - a bit of fun. Sure it can be intense and stressful, but it's not worth losing sleep over (what am I saying....I hardly sleep when I am playing!) Do as Dr Bent suggests. Take a break, BUT come back...you know you have to! :p

Edit: bold fail :p

This post has been edited by bwgan: 11 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

'Tell me, Tool, what dominates your thoughts?'
The Imass shrugged before replying. 'I think of Mafia, Adjunct.'
'Do all Imass think about Mafia?'
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#331 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

Mal, have a beer, sit down for a week or two, stick your head in the fridge, cool off, come back and then show us all how the game's supposed to be played. seriously, leaving the malazan mafia permanently over this is not exactly the best reaction. Take a break if you want to, can be good, even, but don't be a quitter :p

If you ruffle someone's feathers in a game, it's no big deal, imho, as long as there's no ground or basis for continuous feuding. Imho, you didn't do a whole lot different than many others do/ have done please so chill out. as many including bwgan said, there's absolutely no harm done.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users