Malazan Empire: Spoilers for Mafia 48: The Lies of Locke Lamora - Malazan Empire

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 48: The Lies of Locke Lamora HEY HEY HEY

#1 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

Manager password: fiesta

32 hours days / 4 hour nights
Alt & Faction CF
All leaders possess 1 Night BP against NKs
All team members know their leader's identity

Team Barsavi (achieve majority, kill The Spider):
[Leader] Capa Barsavi - 1 global announce at start of each day
Nazca Barsavi - Healer
Anjais Barsavi - Lover, 3 shared vig (1 day 2 night)
Pachero Barsavi - Lover, 3 shared vig (1 day 2 night)
* If their night vig is guarded/BP, they keep it
* If 1 is guarded, both are guarded (effectively)
Thug - Roleless
The Gentleman Bastards (achieve majority, kill The Gray King):
[Leader] Locke Lamora - Nightly thief - guards player; if an action is blocked, Locke can use that action the next night IN ADDITION to his thief
Jean Tannen - NK
Calo Sanza - Lover
Galdo Sanza - Lover
Bug - Roleless
Team Gray King (achieve majority, kill Capa Barsavi):
[Leader] The Gray King - 1 team-only announcement at start of day
The Falconer - NK
Cheryn Berangias - Lover, shared Guard
Raiza Berangias - Lover, shared Guard
The Spider (achieve majority, kill Locke Lamora):
[Leader] The Spider - Finder, paired with Roland
Roland - NK, paired with The Spider
Soldier - Roleless
Soldier - Roleless

ROLE PM'S

Capa Barsavi:
You're Capa Barsavi, the mafia boss who's throwing this party for reasons unknown. Because you're the guy throwing this extremely long party, you can direct for a message to be released to all the guests at the beginning of every day. This message must be sent to Path-Shaper during the night before. You are the leader of the Barsavi's. If you die, you will CF as "a Barsavi".
Nazca Barsavi:
You're Nazca Barsavi, the daughter of Capa Barsavi (Silanah). You may not communicate with the Capa off-thread. Due to your influence as his daughter, you can arrange for circumstances to protect a single person from harm every night. (You are a healer.) If you die, you will CF as "a Barsavi".
Anjais Barsavi:
You're Anjais Barsavi, one son of Capa Barsavi (Silanah). You may not communicate with the Capa off-thread. You and your brother Pachero (Galayn Lord), whom you may communicate with off-thread, act as his bodyguards. In light of the escalating danger, however, you are allowed to kill as necessary. Consequently, the two of you share 1 day vig and 2 night vigs. If you die, you will CF as "a Barsavi".
Pachero Barsavi:
You're Pachero Barsavi, one son of Capa Barsavi (Silanah). You may not communicate with the Capa off-thread. You and your brother Anjais (Gamelon), whom you may communicate with off-thread, act as his bodyguards. In light of the escalating danger, however, you are allowed to kill as necessary. Consequently, the two of you share 1 day vig and 2 night vigs. If you die, you will CF as "a Barsavi".
Thug:
You're one of Capa Barsavi's common thugs. The Capa (Silanah) does not know of your presence, and you may not communicate with him off-thread. If you die, you will CF as "a Barsavi".

Locke Lamora:
You're Locke Lamora, master thief/con-man extraordinaire. Due to years on the street, you've developed a knack for stealing things. In fact, every night, you may select one person to shadow and steal from. If they attempt to kill, guard, or heal someone else, your ability would prevent that ability. The next night, you may choose to use that ability on any other player in addition to your usual thievery. You are the leader of The Gentleman Bastards; you will CF as "a Gentleman Bastard".
Jean Tannen:
You're Jean Tannen, one of the Gentleman Bastards and therefore a follower of Locke Lamora (Emurlahn). You may not communicate with Locke off-thread. With your two hatchets, you're damn good at killing people. Every night you may select one person to kill. If you die, you will CF as "a Gentleman Bastard".
Calo Sanza:
You're Calo Sanza, one of the Gentleman Bastards and therefore a follower of Locke Lamora (Emurlahn), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. You and your twin brother Galdo (Korlat), whom you may communicate with off-thread, are scouring the party in search of The Gray King. You do not possess any night actions. If you die, you will CF as "a Gentleman Bastard".
Galdo Sanza:
You're Galdo Sanza, one of the Gentleman Bastards and therefore a follower of Locke Lamora (Emurlahn), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. You and your twin brother Calo (Eloth), whom you may communicate with off-thread, are scouring the party in search of The Gray King. You do not possess any night actions. If you die, you will CF as "a Gentleman Bastard".
Bug:
You're Bug, one of the Gentleman Bastards and therefore a follower of Locke Lamora (Emurlahn), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. You are roleless. If you die, you will CF as "a Gentleman Bastard".

The Gray King:
You're The Gray King, leader of The Gray King's faction and supremely pissed off at the Capa. In addition, because your faction is very organized and all, you may send a message to all of them (with Path-Shaper as the middle-man) at the break of dawn. This message must be sent to P-S the night prior. In addition, if you die you will CF as "a disgruntled guest".
The Falconer:
You're The Falconer, a bondsmage employed by The Gray King (Tellan), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. Each night, you may use your crazy magic powers in order to kill one other player. If you die, you will CF as "a foreigner".
Cheryn Berangias:
You're Cheryn Berangias, a sister of The Gray King (Tellan); you and your sister, Raiza (Karatallid) are at the party while supposedly under the Capa's employ. You may communicate off-thread with Raiza only. In addition, the two of you share a guard every night. If you die, you will CF as "a traitor".
Raiza Berangias:
You're Raiza Berangias, a sister of The Gray King (Tellan); you and your sister, Cheryn (Ampelas) are at the party while supposedly under the Capa's employ. You may communicate off-thread with Cheryn only. In addition, the two of you share a guard every night. If you die, you will CF as "a traitor".

The Spider:
You're The Spider, the noblewoman directing the secret police from behind the scenes. You are the leader of The Spider's faction. Each night, you may investigate one guest to determine their identity. In addition, you may communicate with your personal assitant Roland (Hood's Path) off-thread at all times. If you die, you will CF as "a Camorran agent".
Roland:
You're Roland, the personal assistant of The Spider (Kaschan). The two of you may communicate off-thread at all times. Each night, you may select one person to kill. If you die, you will CF as "a Camorran agent".
Soldier:
You're a soldier employed by The Spider (Kaschan), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. As a Camorran agent, you have been barred from using your weapons (you are roleless). If you die, you will CF as "a Camorran agent".
Soldier:
You're a soldier employed by The Spider (Kaschan), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. As a Camorran agent, you have been barred from using your weapons (you are roleless). If you die, you will CF as "a Camorran agent".

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 08 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

ALL LEADERS HAVE ONE NIGHT BP AGAINST NK'S

Day One Announcements:
PBlanah (Capa Barsavi, in day scene):

The itsy, bitsy, Spider, crawled up the water spout. Down came the Capa to wash the Spider out. Out went the Gray King, to die, alone, in pain, and the bastard Locke Lamora was never heard again.

Welcome to my party.

D'rellan (Gray King, to his team as PM's):

Hi everyone, this is your leader (you know who I am). I can send the lot of you a message every night which comes to you at the start of day. And I get one for Day 1. So, we're going to use this opportunity to identify our entire team and kick ass.

In your second post, your third word must end in 'g' and your fourth word must start with 'c'. That sentence must end with an exclamation mark. So for example:

"I'll be taking care of business! Those Spiders can't [...]"

Everyone do this, and look at every player's second post for it, and we will all know who our entire team is, a surefire way to achieve victory.

That's all for now, good hunting!

Night One:

HDeanas (Healer): Meanas
Tapperlon + Bwlord (1 day 2 night vig): No Action

Altlahn (Thief): Silanah - Does nothing
Silenghast (NK): Meanas - Fails (healed)

Morgosian (NK): Kaschan (confirmed) - Kaschan loses his BP
Ampelmaster + Baudallid (Guard): Galain

Drinkschan (Find): Find Liosan - Learns that Liosan is "The Falconer"
Obdipath (NK): Nothing - Is dead

Day Two Announcements:

Silanah/Barsavi (global):

(make sure to include any itallic emphasis I have if it's the Gray King faction)

Spider faction lynch:
"Tsk tsk tsk... silly little Spider got caught in its own web. Did you think the fly would just let you eat him?"

Basarvi faction lynch:
"We'll send the Capa our regards in person next time. Don't worry, we'll tell him you said hello."

Gentlemen faction lynch:
"Poking your noses where they don't belong again, hrm, Lamora? Silly thief, enjoy your stay in the ground."

Gray King faction lynch:
"That should teach you and your lackeys to crash a party, Your Majesty.

No Lynch/Can't tell based on CF:
"Hush, my pet... soon they will all be ours..."

Tellan/Gray King (to his team):

Hi everyone!
Four points of coordination tonight and then we're pretty much all set for the entire game, so bear with me (it's long).

1. Coding from today. Two of you did an awesome job (though one of you forgot the exclamation mark, no biggie), very creative and I lol'd. So now the 3 of us should all be aware of each other. That was the utmost necessary part, the rest is just gravy. If there's a fourth (or more) person hearing this who didn't do the code for whatever silly reason, use the word automobile in a post sometime today to signal us.

Now onto new stuff:

2. So for today I think we should code abilities - it could be useful knowing just what our teammates are capable of. As usual I won't be doing it, I'll just tell you now I have no abilities beyond a BP and sending you guys announcements.

The system is:
In your third post of day 2, the first letter of the last word of each paragraph denotes that you have that ability. So if you can both find and guard, you'd write something like:

Gee, it's a nice day out. Let's all go for a walk in the park and meet some creatures that are fuzzy.

Also, I like ice cream so let's go get a cone after we rake the leaves on the ground. Doesn't matter the number of sentences, it's just about paragraphs.

Letters are:
Spy > S
Steal > T
Guard > G
Heal > H
Find > F
Wound > W
Kill > K
Paired > P
Roleless > R
BP > B
Silence > L
Other > O

3. The Spy ability has me being a bit paranoid (hence the very elaborate codes that require knowing who's on the team). If the spy ability exists, it's plausible that it allows someone to listen in on these announcements. Thus, I intend not to say your alts in these announcements or our faction or any role names. Furthermore, if I have nothing much to say, I will send out completely bogus announcements instead. Real announcements I will end with "Good hunting!". Bogus ones I will end with anything else. (Wish I'd thought to say this yesterday when there was 0% chance they'd be spying on us, oh well.)

4. If you ever want to draw attention to a particular post - maybe because you reference someone in it who you just did a find on and found out he's a team leader - or any other reason why it's important we pay extra attention to it, use either the word vile or the word stunning. Both are infrequent enough to be noticeable to us, but shouldn't look out of place, either, so they should work as good signal words.

Long message is long, but if you can keep all that in your thoughts, I foresee a stunning victory for us. And don't worry, after today my messages will be a lot shorter and probably a lot less useful.

Bye for now and good hunting!

Night Two:

HDeanas (Healer): Silanah
Tapperlon + Bwlord (2 night vig): kill emurlahn (fails, stolen)

Altlahn (Thief): GL (steals vig)
Silenghast (NK): Meanas

Ampelmaster + Baudallid (Guard): Mockra

Drinkschan (Find): Silanah

Day Three Announcements:
Silanah/Barsavi:

Little Spider, you are crushed beneath my heel. You will pester us no more

Tellan/Gray King:

So far so good guys, we're going strong!

Emurlahn, obviously your kill was blocked somehow last night. Try to kill GL again, hopefully that was a BP and not you being guarded.

Rest of you, keep being awesome!

Night Three:

Tapperlon + Bwlord (2 night vig): Mockra (succeeds, Mockra dies)

Altlahn (Thief): Vig Gamelon (succeeds, Gamelon dies) Steal from Ampelas (succeeds)
Silenghast (NK): Gamelon (fails, stolen by Emurlahn)

Ampelmaster + Baudallid (Guard): Galain

Day Four:
D'rellan:

Announcement said:

Hi folks, new and old.

If you didn't realize, that last message was a fake. Anything I send which is that that blatant will also be bogus.

Hopefully you also noticed that I had Emurlahn as a killer in the message and now look at Gamelon revealing and fingering Emur hours later. It is probable that Gamelon is a spy and listened in on the announcement yesterday. Unfortunately, he's almost certainly been listening again this night just past.

So your mission today is to get Gamelon lynched. If there's a roleless one of you out there, please take the initiative and start a case on him very quickly, then pursure it vigorously if you can. Folks are sure to try and counter onto the one who starts the case and we can't risk losing any roles we have left. Healer, you should heal our person who is pushing the case the most. The rest of you, support it, distance, whatever you feel necessary.

That's it for now, good hunting guys!

PBlanah: "Capa Basarvi, thank you for your hospitality, but I'm afraid your family is losing another member."

Night Four:

Silenghast (NK): Silanah (fails, he loses BP)

Ampelmaster + Baudallid (Guard): GL

Day Five:

PBlanah:

"Silanah is lying. He is a foreigner."

D'rellan:

Night Five:

Silenghast (NK): Silanah -> Barghast

Ampelmaster + Baudallid (Guard):

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 10 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

Draw was made using random.org; I've deleted it to save space (less scrolling for me with my touchpad, hooray).

Roles

Silanah - Capa Barsavi - Peanutbutta
Meanas - Nazka- Hoosier Daddy killed night 2 by Jean
Gamelon - Anjais - Tapper killed night 3 by Locke
Galayn Lord - Pachero - Bwgan
Galain - Thug - Morgoth45
Rashan - Soldier - Vengeance

Emurlahn - Locke - Alt146 lynched Day 4
Barghast - Jean - Silencer
Eloth - Calo - Malaese
Korlat - Galdo - Lisheo Lynched Day 3
Mockra - Bug - Shinrei Killed Night 3 by GL+Game

Tellan - The Gray King - D'rek
Liosan - The Falconer - Morgoth Day vigged Day Two by Gamelon + Galayn Lord
Ampelas - Cheryn - Breadmaster
Karatallid - Raiza - Baudin

Kaschan - The Spider - DiBs Lynched Day 2
Hood's Path - Roland - Obdigore Lynched Day One
D'riss - Soldier - Drone Modkilled

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 10 July 2009 - 01:38 AM

#4 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:25 AM

HDeanas:

You're Nazca Barsavi, the daughter of Capa Barsavi (Silanah). You may not communicate with the Capa off-thread. Due to your influence as his daughter, you can arrange for circumstances to protect a single person from harm every night. (You are a healer.) If you die, you will CF as "a Barsavi".

So you're saying I'm a healer?

I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

But sexy, as well. I'm off to play with myself for a while.

Yessir.

Lisheo/Korlat:

You're Galdo Sanza, one of the Gentleman Bastards and therefore a follower of Locke Lamora (Emurlahn), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. You and your twin brother Calo (Eloth), whom you may communicate with off-thread, are scouring the party in search of The Gray King. You do not possess any night actions. If you die, you will CF as "a Gentleman Bastard".

Ah, excellent. This was the kind of role I'm looking forward to. Thank you, gents.

Good to hear. :X

Any idea when we're starting? Also, does Emurlahn know who I am?
Lastly, is the Fener alt going to be given to Morgoth? Because I think it should...

The game will probably start sometime monday morning GMT, maybe a little bit later.

Emurlahn is unaware of you.

Fener isn't in play. :huh: I figure he needs a vacation due to all the hate.

Ah, I see. I keep thinking today is Monday, and I don't quite know why haha.
Thanks, guys. I'm looking forward to this, I love the books.

No problem. Also, make sure you read the role pm's carefully--I had emphasizing formatting there at first, and then I copied it straight from the spoilers thread (thereby removing it...). Don't want any mix-ups happening. :X

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 05 July 2009 - 06:49 AM

#5 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

You're Capa Barsavi, the mafia boss who's throwing this party for reasons unknown. Because you're the guy throwing this extremely long party, you can direct for a message to be released to all the guests at the beginning of every day. This message must be sent to Path-Shaper during the night before. You are the leader of the Barsavi's. If you die, you will CF as "a Barsavi".

Leader role and I don't know any of my flunkies, huh? Interesting.

I don't know the book or anything, but I guess I'm looking for this Spider character. Since I don't have any special powers and I have no idea how many people will defend me with whatever powers, I probably should play Day 1 fairly guarded. Merc games probably aren't going to see low posters killed nearly as much as mid-posters simply because most of the people are NOT on your team so no harm attacking them.

Sounds good. :huh:

To clarify: your team's victory conditions mean that you must not only achieve a voting majority (such as 10/18, of course you don't have that many teammates) but you MUST kill The Spider as well. The Gray King's faction must kill you (either via NA or lynch) in order to win similarly.

Also, I need a global announcement from you before I can begin the game.

#6 User is offline   J_Slr 

• Acolyte of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:58 AM

Thanks for letting me in!

Not sure what happened, but I have turned the subscription off!

Looks like a rather interesting game though :huh:
QUOTE (Telas/Yellow (Mafia 30))
edit - gahhhhhh cross. Someone needs to come up with a new forum tool that flashes up a warning. DANGER! THIS WILL BE A CROSS-POST. YOUR POST WILL LOOK SILLY.

#7 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:22 AM

Thanks. :D Hopefully more people will log on so I can answer any questions before I'm gone. Timezones suck haha.

#8 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:36 AM

Shinockra:

You're Bug, one of the Gentleman Bastards and therefore a follower of Locke Lamora (Emurlahn), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. You are roleless. If you die, you will CF as "a Gentleman Bastard".

Cool actually. I haven't been an RI in a while. Also, I am familiar with the books. I haven't read the second one, but the first was pretty good.

As RI with a lot of time on his hands, expect me to hash out stupid theories relatively frequently. :D

This is only based on the first book, so you're all set. :)

I'm looking forward to reading your theories, then. :D

Silenghast:

You're Jean Tannen, one of the Gentleman Bastards and therefore a follower of Locke Lamora (Emurlahn). You may not communicate with Locke off-thread. With your two hatchets, you're damn good at killing people. Every night you may select one person to kill. If you die, you will CF as "a Gentleman Bastard".

Another killing role? Epicness. ^^

:)

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 05 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

#9 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

Maloth:

Hello, Eloth. It's your brother, Lisheo.
Seems we're Locke's symps, which means an opportunity to create absolute havoc. I'm going to be taking this game rather seriously, but it's good to have someone watching my back

Translation: I won't see him again for 4 days....

Hopefully he won't get sick again. D:

Morgosian:

You're The Falconer, a bondsmage employed by The Gray King (Tellan), whom you may not communicate with off-thread. Each night, you may use your crazy magic powers in order to kill one other player. If you die, you will CF as "a foreigner".

And I picked the right alt it seems :D

DiBs, you fucker, I will find you :)

Good luck.

And yes, that's the correct alt.

#10 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

Lisheo/Korlat, with some guesses (a little role-heavy in his predictions, but hey):

For spoilers
Action Guesses:
Spy- See the target of someone's night action.
Steal- Steal someone's night action, OR, there is some form of point system going on.
The rest- The usual night actions.

If I'm close with these guesses, I'm very glad I don't have any night actions.
I notice the Falconer has no noticeable night action such as "magic" so, he is probably a killer, guard or healer. He was fairly overpowered in the books, which is a worry. The Grey King is probably a wounder/killer
If Jean is on our team, he is a wounder/killer.
If Bugg is on our team, he is a spy, finder or stealer if there's points going on.
Locke would have to be a spy or stealer or finder.

Bwlord, rather elated:

In case you didn't get the first one (lag on my end)...

You're Pachero Barsavi, one son of Capa Barsavi (Silanah). You may not communicate with the Capa off-thread. You and your brother Anjais (Gamelon), whom you may communicate with off-thread, act as his bodyguards. In light of the escalating danger, however, you are allowed to kill as necessary. Consequently, the two of you share 1 day vig and 2 night vigs. If you die, you will CF as "a Barsavi".

I didn't get the other one, so just as well you sent this one, thanks!

As to my thoughts on the role;

:D :D :D :) :p :) :D

Question...does the day vig end day?

I assume you want one of us to copy you in to our messages?

Oh, c'mon midnight...I want to start already.

Hahaha. Glad to see you like your role. :p

Day vig does NOT end day. And if one of you cc's your messages to me, I can pop it into spoilers.

#11 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

Maloth gets an interesting idea...

Hello, Eloth. It's your brother, Lisheo.
Seems we're Locke's symps, which means an opportunity to create absolute havoc. I'm going to be taking this game rather seriously, but it's good to have someone watching my back

Translation: I won't see him again for 4 days....

Hopefully he won't get sick again. D:

I'm considering playing this entire game as bwgan even to my partner. Using super smileys and being all bwgan-esque....can't decide if that's a good thing, people seem to leave her alone and I can probably survive a long time if I pull it off.

That'd be hilarious.

#12 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

Drinkschan:

You're The Spider, the noblewoman directing the secret police from behind the scenes. You are the leader of The Spider's faction. Each night, you may investigate one guest to determine their identity. In addition, you may communicate with your personal assitant Roland (Hood's Path) off-thread at all times. If you die, you will CF as "a Camorran agent".

awesome :D been a long time since i was a leader.

hello hp, i am drinksinbars. what ability do you have?

night 1, if fener is playing investigate him :D

I'm afraid Fener's been temporarily retired or something. :)

Have fun.

I have a feeling that DiBs/Obdi will be a rather potent combo...assuming Morgy doesn't off him night one. :D

PBlanah:

Leader role and I don't know any of my flunkies, huh? Interesting.

I don't know the book or anything, but I guess I'm looking for this Spider character. Since I don't have any special powers and I have no idea how many people will defend me with whatever powers, I probably should play Day 1 fairly guarded. Merc games probably aren't going to see low posters killed nearly as much as mid-posters simply because most of the people are NOT on your team so no harm attacking them.

Sounds good. :)

To clarify: your team's victory conditions mean that you must not only achieve a voting majority (such as 10/18, of course you don't have that many teammates) but you MUST kill The Spider as well. The Gray King's faction must kill you (either via NA or lynch) in order to win similarly.

Also, I need a global announcement from you before I can begin the game.

Okay, here's one:

"The itsy, bitsy, Spider, crawled up the water spout. Down came the Capa to wash the Spider out. Out went the Gray King, to die, alone, in pain, and the bastard Locke Lamora was never heard again.

Welcome to my party."

Hahah. I like it. :D

And noted.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 05 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

#13 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

DiBs can't be offed night 1--he got a BP, lol

Silencer as Jean is gonna be simply deadly--Silencer loves his killing roles....

and morg45 got an RI role.

I predict him as a day 1 lynch.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#14 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

arg, stupid tabs

lost the post with all the PMs and replies.

sigh, I'll try again.

Emurlahn double-PMs us, :D

You're Locke Lamora, master thief/con-man extraordinaire. Due to years on the street, you've developed a knack for stealing things. In fact, every night, you may select one person to shadow and steal from. If they attempt to kill, guard, or heal someone else, your ability would prevent that ability. The next night, you may choose to use that ability on any other player in addition to your usual thievery. You are the leader of The Gentleman Bastards; you will CF as "a Gentleman Bastard".

Sweet!

Some questions - will I know what ability I've stolen? An do I get yo use that ability on someone other than who I steal from, or do I have to use both on one target?

Obviously I'm the faction leader, would have been nice to know one other person one my team though, now I'm going to have to pay attention and try figure things out I assume Jean will definitely be in my faction, and there were 2-3 other gentlemen bastards. It's been a while since I read the book and all but Jean died at the end so I can't really remember.

he learns what he stole and the targets are up to him

Gamelon:

You're Anjais Barsavi, one son of Capa Barsavi (Silanah). You may not communicate with the Capa off-thread. You and your brother Pachero (Galayn Lord), whom you may communicate with off-thread, act as his bodyguards. In light of the escalating danger, however, you are allowed to kill as necessary. Consequently, the two of you share 1 day vig and 2 night vigs. If you die, you will CF as "a Barsavi".

Cool, a vig role. and partnered, which usually means I do well. I hope you don't object if I tell GL about my regular forum alt?

Cheers,

Tapper/ Gamelon

Ofc he can
GL:

Oh, and also, the game will probably be more like early morning (2am-ish) GMT depending on when I wake up.

In case you decide to stay up in order to get a post or two in or whatever.

Gah! Wish I had read this earlier...then I could have whined and wheedled you to set your alarm nice and early...but 2 am is waaaaay past my bedtime....I'm a good girl I am .

So I'll just have to set my alarm instead.*

Thanks for the heads up though. Now I can have a nice early night and not fret about it.

*Not that I actually need to, it's Monday, I'll be up anyway...but I don't want you to get the impression I'm not keen or anything...

Spider/obdi convo:

awesome been a long time since i was a leader.

hello hp, i am drinksinbars. what ability do you have?

night 1, if fener is playing investigate him

Well DIBSy poo, it is a good thing you won us the game last round

Obdi here - I get to kill things. LOTS of things.

hehe i dont htink you could pick a more dangerous duo than us two bastards this should prove interesting. so how soon would you like me to make a case on you
hehe.

that team will be fairly explosive, I think

Galain:

You're one of Capa Barsavi's common thugs. The Capa (Silanah) does not know of your presence, and you may not communicate with him off-thread. If you die, you will CF as "a Barsavi".

So, RI of Barsavi's faction. Will reread OP to see who I'm hunting.

Tellan's being clever:

I require an announcement to send to your teammates for your day one announcement. I would prefer to delay the game's start until then, but if I find myself pressed for time I will be forced to start without it. In that case, I will send it to them as soon as possible.

Aight, cool. Here's my message for day 1:

to faction members said:

Hi everyone, this is your leader (you know who I am). I can send the lot of you a message every night which comes to you at the start of day. And I get one for Day 1. So, we're going to use this opportunity to identify our entire team and kick ass.

In your second post, your third word must end in 'g' and your fourth word must start with 'c'. That sentence must end with an exclamation mark. So for example:

"I'll be taking care of business! Those Spiders can't [...]"

Everyone do this, and look at every player's second post for it, and we will all know who our entire team is, a surefire way to achieve victory.

That's all for now, good hunting!

I hope that's not too long, I can paraphrase it shorter if necessary.

Oh and I like this role, though if figuring out my faction works well I don't think I'll have much to say after a few nights besides "lynch everyone else".

Since Sixty didn't put in a limit, I think you'll be fine

-ment

#15 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:06 AM

View PostMentalist, on Jul 6 2009, 05:32 AM, said:

DiBs can't be offed night 1--he got a BP, lol

Silencer as Jean is gonna be simply deadly--Silencer loves his killing roles....

and morg45 got an RI role.

I predict him as a day 1 lynch.

Yay me for forgetting about my own rules LOL

edit:
I'm hoping that The Gray King's faction is limited by their slight disadvantage in other abilities (Barsavi's have a healer and day vig and an extra, Gentleman Bastards have thief and an extra, The Spider's team has a find and the find/killer are paired). But if all 4 somehow survive intact, well...

What'd be hilarious is if someone accidently followed Tellan's code and made himself an unknowing CI in Tellan's book. :D

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 July 2009 - 01:10 AM

#16 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

HDeanas:

So you're saying I'm a healer?

I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

But sexy, as well. I'm off to play with myself for a while.

Yessir.

So. This is merc. I have no idea what the fuck I'm supposed to do other than not die and kill the other factions.

Can you tell me what the TMDI is, and how kosher is asking about my role?

TMDI:7-8. Not sure what you mean about asking about your role; you're a healer. Anyone healed cannot die that night.

Well, healing someone could kill them, like the inverters and healing to death done in the Monk one. I don't know how kosher it is to ask about stuff like that.

TMDI8 is defined as a large number of basic roles so there is nothing crazy like that.

Korlat/Lisheo:

Meanas- Hoosier Daddy

Galain- Shinrei

Anjais Barsavi
Calo Sanza
Capa Barsavi
Cheryn Berangias
Galdo Sanza
Jean Tannen
Locke Lamora
Nazca Barsavi
Pachero Barsavi
Raiza Berangias
Roland
The Falconer
The Gray King
The Spider

So, all the Barsavis in the Capo's team
Nazca, Capa, Anjais and Pachero.

The Spider and Roland- the spider

Falconer, Gray Kind, and Berangias sisters with the Falconer.

And the Gentlemen Bastards being the Gentlemen Bastards.

Which leaves 4 roleless innos; possibly stuck on the Spider's team, as she seems to be lacking in numbers, but obviously not in power. Otherwise, on the Capo's team.

Ah, my mistake. Iforgot to list Bug.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 July 2009 - 03:39 AM

#17 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:04 AM

ninja-edit him in. that's what PS is for anyhow!

RE: forgetting rules: at least you were reminded before you've gone and killed him off... I don't think modding a mafia game ever made me feel that bad before...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#18 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:36 AM

Korlat:

Anjais Barsavi
Calo Sanza
Capa Barsavi
Cheryn Berangias
Galdo Sanza
Jean Tannen
Locke Lamora
Nazca Barsavi
Pachero Barsavi
Raiza Berangias
Roland
The Falconer
The Gray King
The Spider

So, all the Barsavis in the Capo's team
Nazca, Capa, Anjais and Pachero.

The Spider and Roland- the spider

Falconer, Gray King, and Berangias sisters with the Falconer.

And the Gentlemen Bastards being the Gentlemen Bastards.

Which leaves 4 roleless innos; possibly stuck on the Spider's team, as she seems to be lacking in numbers, but obviously not in power. Otherwise, on the Capo's team.

Ah, my mistake. Iforgot to list Bug.
Excellent; then my guess that you'd be staying true enough to this is indeed true.
Capa's team: Capa- wounder
Nazca-jealer
Brothers- guards

Berangias sistes- Guards/paired killers/wounder
Falconer- Not sure. Killer or Guard.
King himself: thief/spy?

Spider- Spy
Roland-killer

Us- Hmm...

I think I'll go ninja-edit him in the OP now...

along with all the regular rules.

#19 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:44 AM

Meanas:

So, I'm a doomed healer. My thought was: "We'll play it cool day one, to make it through for once. For team Healer." Then I start drinking. I am one chatty fucking kathy man. I guess my natural instinct just comes through for the most part, and that's to talk my ass off.

well, you can always go spam up the Trikcster instead...

-ment

#20 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:01 AM

HDeanas:

So, I'm a doomed healer. My thought was: "We'll play it cool day one, to make it through for once. For team Healer." Then I start drinking. I am one chatty fucking kathy man. I guess my natural instinct just comes through for the most part, and that's to talk my ass off.

well, you can always go spam up the Trikcster instead...

-ment

Are you an mafia anti-spammer?

I am on topic... with the powers and whatnot.

Korlat is Peanutbutta.

If someone can read my pm's then I need to be circumspect and whatnot.

Yes I'm drunk. Yes I'm paranoid. Yes I love mafia.

Korlat/Lisheo:

He's probably paired. He let slip a guess at spy meaning reading other people's PMs; why would he worry about that if he wasn't paired?
I'd guess one of the Berangias twins (paired killers perhaps), or the Barsavi brothers. Could also be the Falconer or Grey King, or Spider and Roland.

View PostMeanas, on Jul 6 2009, 09:54 AM, said:

Odds are Faction Lamora has "steal" capabilities. The Spider Faction has "spy" capabilities. The Grey King and Barsavi Factions have "Kill" capabilities. That is book related, and obviously finders, healers, guards are spread about.

Points system for some of those is too complex for me to attempt to digest in this state.

So, if we take what I said earlier, you are quite possibly one of the Spider's factions. I'll chalk you down as a possible Spider, which means possible enemy.

Morgoth or Silencer lol; Moderator's Orbital Space Station gives the game away. I'd guess at Silencer pretending to be Morgoth, but could be very wrong.

Liosan/Morgoth:

oh where has my little DiBsy gone? :D

Since I'll find him anyways, can't I just put in a provisional on DiBs?

I'm afraid you'll have to find him first. :)

That is really mean

Sorry. Given your obsession with killing him, it shouldn't be too hard to find him, right?

-Sixty

I do think I'll find him pretty quick. I have a decent track record of spotting him.

also, I think meanas is hoosier, jsut for being drunk at this time :D

Best of luck. Whatever makes this game more exciting, the better. :)

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 06 July 2009 - 07:24 AM

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users