Malazan Empire: Changes (speculation SPOILERS) - Dresden novel in 2010 - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Changes (speculation SPOILERS) - Dresden novel in 2010 including SPOILERS for previous books and new info

#61 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

So what we are looking at here is a Giant Soulfire hand that shoots hellfire from its fingertips rolling through South America murdering Vampires.

Also, Unicorn Hair Handcuff Bondage.

Is the kid 1/4 vampire? Interesting.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#62 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:37 PM

View PostObdigore, on 13 November 2009 - 04:29 PM, said:

...Is the kid 1/4 vampire? Interesting.

Good question. The implications of a part-vampire wizard are potentially widespread. White Council may not be happy. Again. Still. More.

Someone remind me, have we had actual vampire wizards already? There was that guy Harry dueled with the terminator rock and the evil queen type but i don't recall any vamp actually working magic?

- Abyss, ready.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#63 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

Well we've had Mavra working magic with her veils and stuff, though she's black court, and she's said to be wizard class.

As for the red court, bianca was learning magic, so there is nothing technically to stop there being a fully fledged red court vampire wizard being out there. Which now you mention it sounds awesome...

Really looking forward to this one!

#64 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 13 November 2009 - 04:45 PM, said:

Well we've had Mavra working magic with her veils and stuff, though she's black court, and she's said to be wizard class.

As for the red court, bianca was learning magic, so there is nothing technically to stop there being a fully fledged red court vampire wizard being out there. Which now you mention it sounds awesome...

Really looking forward to this one!

rep for recall.

But of course, there are no White Council vamps. That said, the St Giles organization Susan belongs to apparently has many 'almost vampires' in it and the Whites consider them an ally.

Should be interesting.

- Abyss, master of understatement.

#65 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:57 PM

2 Months and a week and a half till the release....

...just saying....Dresden crack on the way!!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#66 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

Soooon.

#67 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

pre-ordered like 6mths ago.
want now.
knowing Butcher, some preview chapters will appear soon.

And i will not look at them.

Will not.
Will NOT.

- Abyss, will not will NOT NOT NOT...

#68 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

Ohh... preview chapters... I'd forgotten those.

Must be strong.

#69 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

Starting March 2nd, we'll be posting preview chapters of Changes (four total). You can find the full text of the previews posted so far here. The latest update will appear below.

Straight from the Website!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#70 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

View PostObdigore, on 01 March 2010 - 03:05 PM, said:

Starting March 2nd, we'll be posting preview chapters of Changes (four total). You can find the full text of the previews posted so far here. The latest update will appear below.

Straight from the Website!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

- Abyss, blocks the site.

#71 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

I hate preview chapters. I hope i can stay away this time, but 5 weeks is along time to wait for the real deal.

Speculation:
I think Dresden will travel in this book. Argentina or Peru or something like it. I also think he will hire or ask Kincaid for help again! I also think it is time for Butcher to kill a known character, my money are on 1 of Dresdens women, Murphy, Susan or Molly.

#72 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

View PostDaser, on 01 March 2010 - 04:02 PM, said:

I hate preview chapters. I hope i can stay away this time, but 5 weeks is along time to wait for the real deal.

Speculation:
I think Dresden will travel in this book. Argentina or Peru or something like it. I also think he will hire or ask Kincaid for help again! I also think it is time for Butcher to kill a known character, my money are on 1 of Dresdens women, Murphy, Susan or Molly.

Molly is going to be instrumental in the final 'apocalyptic' trilogy for hiding survivors and keeping a safe-house I think.

My guess is that Murphy gets canned in this book and takes up one of the swords.

No Thomas or white court vampires, it seems to me it is time for Mavra (Marva? The Black Court Vampiress that can do magic) to make an appearance, and I think Cowl will be involved somehow. I think we find out more about the 'Black Council' in this book than we have so far in the other (12?) combined.

#73 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:34 PM

I love preview chapters hehe.
Also Dresden is awesome.

#74 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:15 AM

Must.
Resist.
Preview.
Chapters.

Must.

Already read first line of the book....too much to handle already.

I think I may pee my pants a little.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#75 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

Preview chapters are so delicious.

This post has been edited by Abyss: 03 March 2010 - 02:33 PM
Reason for edit: HATE hatey hate hate HATE!!!!

#76 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Just read the preview, and in the words of Lonely Island I...JIZZED IN MY PANTS!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#77 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Jim Butcher "Changes"
Estimated arrival date: April 12 2010 - April 15 2010

Damn you amazon! Stop delaying my dresden fix.

Looks like the new release date for the UK is 8 April, instead of the 1st, and 6th as previously stated.

On a side note preview chapter was fun... best bit
Spoiler

On my dresden re-read at the mo, and it's great fun, not quite the impact that the books had first time round, but a nice enjoyable read to take my mind off things in the evening.

Re Predictions, I'm betting Murphy takes up the sword, one of Susan or his daughter is bound to die, my money is on Susan.

amazon is saying this one's going to involve:
Spoiler
which looks like it will be entertaining, I don't think we'll see much of the other big bads.

Oh and I'm trying to work out when harry's daughter was concieved? before susan became a vampire, or during the events of death masks? What do you guys think? I couldn't detect any hint that Susan was hiding a daughter from him in Death Masks, but I would have imagined that being infected would have prevented concieving... certainly the child of a wizard and a half vampire is going to have some interesting abilities...

#78 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:07 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 06 March 2010 - 05:44 PM, said:

... certainly the child of a wizard and a half vampire is going to have some interesting abilities...

It sparkles in sunlight.

#79 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

Oh and I'm trying to work out when harry's daughter was concieved? before susan became a vampire, or during the events of death masks? What do you guys think? I couldn't detect any hint that Susan was hiding a daughter from him in Death Masks, but I would have imagined that being infected would have prevented concieving... certainly the child of a wizard and a half vampire is going to have some interesting abilities...

Spoiler

This post has been edited by H.D.: 06 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#80 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

Well, Harry's been laid a few times over the course of the series, but only once has a sex scene been described in vivid detail. Now, I'm sure that's partly Butcher writing out his fantasies to an extent, but I reckoned there'd be a kid out of that straight away, and I'm pretty sure that's what it is.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users