• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 46 - Monastery Murders Welcome to the afterlife

#541 User is offline   Knucklehead 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Games, girls, food, girls, books, girls... did I mention girls?

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:16 AM

View PostGem Windcaster, on Jun 2 2009, 10:12 PM, said:

Seriously people, I did notice the count thing, but I had so much information to process that it didn't matter much at the time. I saw through both kess and ruse' lies - even though they had me thinking there for a while, it was only fleetingly, and especially since I kept pushing and they kept building the stupid tower of lies right in front of me, it was pretty much just a matter of time.

@ HD, you were korlat right? I never intended to nk you, I only intended to guard you, but since masterblue targeted you at the same time... :D

If D'riss hadn't revealed, you'd have been dead...
Save the fine arts, shoot a rapper

#542 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:16 AM

View PostPeanutbutta, on Jun 3 2009, 03:16 AM, said:

HD was Korvalain.

ah.

I didn't do anything to korv, just thought he might be scum, but I didn't get the chance.

This post has been edited by Gem Windcaster: 03 June 2009 - 02:19 AM

_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#543 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

• Analyst of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:22 AM

View PostGem Windcaster, on Jun 2 2009, 07:16 PM, said:

HD was Korvalain.

ah.

I didn't do anything to korv, just thought he might be scum, but I didn't get the chance.

Actually you did. You and MB guarded him at the same time the night I got killed.

#544 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:24 AM

View PostPeanutbutta, on Jun 3 2009, 03:22 AM, said:

View PostGem Windcaster, on Jun 2 2009, 07:16 PM, said:

HD was Korvalain.

ah.

Actually you did. You and MB guarded him at the same time the night I got killed.

Riiight, I forgot. Again, that is just hilarious. :D
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#545 User is offline   Breadmaster 

• Recruit

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:27 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on May 26 2009, 10:09 PM, said:

D'riss/Peanut

Updating my previous alt guess with a less-wrong-but-still-probably-not-right guess.

Kesso is not Breadmaster.
Korlat is Breadmaster

You seem intent on alt-guessing him, I gather you know him from somewhere?

We've known each other for 20 years.

I have a friends like that. I even managed to talk him into playing a game. I alted him after one post.... :D

Vengeance

Man, I totally alt-hid from you, though I think I had a good idea you were D'riss after that Goofy picture.
Evil is on the rise!

#546 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:29 AM

lol :D

One of my tells is using internet memes.

#547 User is offline   Breadmaster 

• Recruit

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:44 AM

View PostPeanutbutta, on Jun 1 2009, 03:22 PM, said:

Yep he changed the prov on me to someone else.

Also, LOL at the innos right now. I cannot BELIEVE that they are feeding into his shit. When she gets back, Gem is way too good at this game to let that slip IMO and yes, even if she does miss the numerical shit, I believe she'll keep her guard on him.

Seriously though, Breadmaster is working on a PHD in Physics. How he could miss something as easy as that I have no idea and I'm going to give him shit for it for a lonnnnnnng time. ROFL.

Whatever, I was blinded by how scummy D'rek and Gem were acting. Neither one of them could come up with a good reason why they were voting for Kesso and when I pressed them about it, Gem started acting like a 5-year-old. You have the foresight of knowing they were innocent and are thus able to focus on what the scum is saying. When I have to process all their shit, it's a little harder.
Evil is on the rise!

#548 User is offline   Breadmaster 

• Recruit

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:51 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jun 2 2009, 10:30 AM, said:

Have to go....and just in time too

HP coming out and making some sense...
Its all up to kessoh now...

dk

Also, I would have gone for Kesso after Tellan came on, but Ruse came on first with his half-reveal bullshit. I believed him because I had a goddammed amulet, too.
Evil is on the rise!

#549 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:33 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jun 3 2009, 11:14 AM, said:

Thank you Kurt, I totally flipped when I originally counted it. That would have been an instant vote from me on-thread. The lesson here, of course, is scum tend to make mistakes more than innos because they are frequently lying. You always lynch liars.

Oh, and don't ever ever ever trust scum to ever be telling the truth.
edit: In reference to half-believing Fener's BS.

READ MY FUCKING ROLE. EVERYTHING I SAID WAS TRUE. 'Cept I wasn't for the town. :D

So your lying theory is flawed.

Great final plays by Ruse and Kesso - good attempt guys (you were actually kind of fucked over by ignoring modkills...who didn't want to influence the game by playing with those, again? :D)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#550 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:39 AM

View PostSilencer, on Jun 2 2009, 08:33 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jun 3 2009, 11:14 AM, said:

Thank you Kurt, I totally flipped when I originally counted it. That would have been an instant vote from me on-thread. The lesson here, of course, is scum tend to make mistakes more than innos because they are frequently lying. You always lynch liars.

Oh, and don't ever ever ever trust scum to ever be telling the truth.
edit: In reference to half-believing Fener's BS.

READ MY FUCKING ROLE. EVERYTHING I SAID WAS TRUE. 'Cept I wasn't for the town. :D

So your lying theory is flawed.

Great final plays by Ruse and Kesso - good attempt guys (you were actually kind of fucked over by ignoring modkills...who didn't want to influence the game by playing with those, again? :D)

I know but you never believe scum because even if they told anything of the truth, they did so in a way that is a lie. Trying to dissect it for the real truth is an exercise in frustration.

#551 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:41 AM

Yeah, but fuck that reveal would've been epic win if not for a certain finder...:D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#552 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:49 AM

Wow, Gem and MB with the constant double-guards. Freaky. Hurra for having no good reason to go after Kesso so vehemently, but being right nonetheless!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#553 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:21 AM

heh
good game, though I kind of wish I stuck with my gut and not hammered in the end,:D

Re: setup--it was fairly interesting.

EXCEPT THE SILENCER ROLE.
seriously, I was convinced D'rek was lying his ass off about that. I still fail to see how anything good can come out of having such a role in the game.

other than that, a good set up, alt.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#554 User is offline   Breadmaster 

• Recruit

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:25 AM

I think I agree with Ment on all accounts.

The game would have been more interesting if it had gone another day. And I really dig the setup, aside from the silencing thing. Shoulda let them only vote or something and then not had to worry about the modkill issue.
Evil is on the rise!

#555 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:35 AM

View PostSir Thursday, on May 31 2009, 06:24 PM, said:

View Postdrinksinbars, on May 31 2009, 03:05 PM, said:

kess should consider cjumping on fener now. then goign for driss tongith.

For that to happen, Kesso would have to know that Fener is definitely going down, which isn't going to happen until either D'riss reveals finder or there are 3/4 votes on Fener. By that point it'll be too late to gain any currency from being early on the lynch train...

Seems like M45 is going to be all by himself (well, I guess he'd have DkT as a symp). I don't see him going the distance, unfortunately - he hasn't managed to keep his nose clean enough...

Sir Thursday

Killers should NEVER defend each other...in fact even on a small train they should hop on...because even a small sign of defending (like not placing a vote) will look bad down the line.
Its a team game and you should sell your partner killer down the river any chance you get, and leave it to the symps or your partern himself to bail himself out....best way to play.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#556 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:47 AM

View Postdrinksinbars, on Jun 2 2009, 03:59 PM, said:

View PostShadow, on Jun 2 2009, 02:54 PM, said:

You're a guard! What did you have to lose! It's more important to try and block the killers, which has definite results, then a finder who still has to prove their case and often don't manage to do so. Grr, some people...

WRONG!!!!

the fact that dk is lying has nothingn to do with the fact that you are WRONG!!!!!

LOL
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#557 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

View PostMalaese, on Jun 2 2009, 06:26 PM, said:

View Postdrinksinbars, on Jun 2 2009, 06:59 AM, said:

You're a guard! What did you have to lose! It's more important to try and block the killers, which has definite results, then a finder who still has to prove their case and often don't manage to do so. Grr, some people...

WRONG!!!!

the fact that dk is lying has nothingn to do with the fact that you are WRONG!!!!!

Guard should be used every night. It's up to the mod to make sure that putting a guard in the game doesn't potentially unbalance the inno's by hitting vital roles. When people hold guards at the beginning of the game as a "rule" it perpetuates the cycle. You have imperfect information about the game, so you should assume your guard may be needed to win it from the start. In the same way killers are looking for symps not to kill, guards should be looking for finders and healers not to guard. The chances of you guarding a healer who heals the right target at the beginning of the game are like 1/144 (1/12 * 1/12) in a 15 player game. The chances of guarding a finder are higher but similiar to guarding a killer so worth it.

problem being that gaurd is USELESS untill there is only one killer....:D....so there is no point in using it untill then.
I dont get some of you people.... :D
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#558 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:01 AM

Setup was perfect dont need any changes....only the silencer thing is a bit pointless.

Had fun...good play to all.

funny gem never picked me as ruse...muhahaha
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#559 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:08 AM

View PostBreadmaster, on Jun 3 2009, 04:51 AM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jun 2 2009, 10:30 AM, said:

Have to go....and just in time too

HP coming out and making some sense...
Its all up to kessoh now...

dk

Also, I would have gone for Kesso after Tellan came on, but Ruse came on first with his half-reveal bullshit. I believed him because I had a goddammed amulet, too.

I was hoping that someone else also had one...got that one!
I was also hoping that it was a vig that hit me on night two and that the vig was still alive to corroborate my story.
And then i was hoping that we would lynch shadow, there was STILL 2 kills that noght and kessoh would be PI.

Unfortunately i hoped for too much...
It was all over when Kessoh did his whole pseudo defence of fener anyway. He Should have voted for his parter...it was obvious that there was something going on.
No one can be so determined a player who has said so little as what fener had is guilty, without some kind of inside knowlede like a find.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#560 User is offline   Malaese 

• Recruit

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

View Postdktorode, on Jun 3 2009, 12:53 AM, said:

View PostMalaese, on Jun 2 2009, 06:26 PM, said:

View Postdrinksinbars, on Jun 2 2009, 06:59 AM, said:

WRONG!!!!

Guard should be used every night. It's up to the mod to make sure that putting a guard in the game doesn't potentially unbalance the inno's by hitting vital roles. When people hold guards at the beginning of the game as a "rule" it perpetuates the cycle. You have imperfect information about the game, so you should assume your guard may be needed to win it from the start. In the same way killers are looking for symps not to kill, guards should be looking for finders and healers not to guard. The chances of you guarding a healer who heals the right target at the beginning of the game are like 1/144 (1/12 * 1/12) in a 15 player game. The chances of guarding a finder are higher but similiar to guarding a killer so worth it.

problem being that gaurd is USELESS untill there is only one killer.... :D ....so there is no point in using it untill then.
I dont get some of you people.... :D

Are you talking to me here?
QUOTE (morgoth45)
That's been established as scientific fact. For those of you who are familiar with science, you know it proves nothing conclusively as there can always be an anomaly, but a scientific law is something that is true 90% of the time.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users