• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 46 - Monastery Murders Welcome to the afterlife

#1 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

Core passwords and provisionals/night actions. MafiaManager to be used to keep track of the game

Path-Shaper - thewatcher
Spoilers - morgothisnot
Manager - walledin

D'riss Delver
Gamelon Delver
Mockra A Binder
Ampelas Binder
Silanah Summoner
Tellan Librarian
Korlat A Soother
Tennes M Soother
Telas Arcanist

Hood's Path Arcanist
Liosan Arcanist
Shadow RI
Korvalain RI
Emurlahn RI

Kessobahn Assassin
Meanas Voider
Fener Inverter
Ruse M Arcanist now Symp

Day one

Lynch: Telas

Night One

Summoner: Shadow
Delvers: Ampelas
M Soother: Gamelon
A Soother: emurlahn (if emurlahn lynched, heal korlat)
M Binder: Korlat
A Binder: Korlat
Librarian: No action

Assassin: Kill Tennes
Voider: Kessobahn
Inverter: Korvalain

Deaths: Korlat, Tennes

Day Two

Lynch: Silanah

Night Two

Delvers: provisional Liosan
M Binder: provisional meanas
A Binder: provisional Emur
Librarian: emurlahn

Assassin: Kill Ruse
Voider: No Action
Inverter: Emurlahn

Deaths: Emur (Ruse becomes symp)

Day Three

Lynch: No lynch...

Night Three

Delvers: fener
M Binder: provisional Meanas
A Binder: provisional Meanas if lynched Shadow
Librarian: Hood's Path

Assassin: gamelon - ampelas - liosan
Voider: Ruse
Inverter: kessobahn (guarded)

Deaths: Meanas, Gamelon

Day Four

Lynch: Fener

Night Four

Delver: N/A
M Binder: Korv
A Binder: korv
Vig: no action

Assassin: Driss

Deaths: Driss, Korv

Day Five

Lynch:

Night Five

M Binder: Kesso
A Binder: Shadow
Vig:

Assassin: No Action

Deaths:

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 02 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:35 PM

Role PMs

Summoner

You are a Summoner. You are a Monk of the Path (Town)

You entered the monastery many, many years ago. You have spent those years cloistered away, pursuing the magical arts. Your studies have enabled you to discover a new spell. Every night you may summon a magic dampening field around the target of your choice. Any magic directed into the field will have no effect, although they may still perform any actions of their own. You may target yourself. You may not target the same person two nights in a row.

Mod's note - the Summoner does not know that whoever they target will be silenced the next day. Please send the following pm to whoever is targeted at night the following morning:

You awake to find yourself sapped of strength. You do not have the energy to speak, or even gesture. You may not speak until the start of night. You will not be modkilled.

Blind Librarian

You are a Librarian. You are a Monk of the Path (Town)

You have been living at the monastery for longer than anyone else. At least you think so - it's hard to tell behind the masks. Unfortunately you have no magical aptitude, but decided to stay on after you discovered your love of the literary arts. You have been the custodian at the library for most of your life. In your youth you discovered a book that details the summoning of assassin demons. The rituals are so simple, even you could do a summoning. Despite the fact monastic law states the book should be destroyed, you hid it away in case it would ever be needed. But over the years you eyesight has deteriorated to the point that you cannot read anymore. However, every night you may tear one spell out of the book and slip it under another player's door, granting them one night kill.

Mod's note - please send the following pm to whoever is targeted at night the following morning:

You awake to discover a sheet of parchment slipped under your door. Your eyes widen in amazement as you realise the parchment details the rituals to summon an assassin demon. Unfortunately the parchment is old and fragile, already crumbling to dust at the edges. You have one night kill that must be used in the next two days.

Delvers

You are a Delver. You are a Monk of the Path (Town)
Your partner is _________

You are part of the Monastery's search and rescue team. You have the ability to leave your body to explore the surroundings. An added benefit of your ability is the ability to detect traces of Shaper magic around a person. Monastic protocol dictates that delvers must work in pairs so that someone can watch the body of the active delver. Over the years you have built up an absolute trust with your partner and may communicate with him off thread. Once every night you and your partner can choose to investigate one player to look for traces of Shaper Magic.

Master Soother

You are a Soother. You are a Monk of the Path (Town)

You are part of the Monastery's medical team. You may cast a spell that heals any trauma to your target. The energy that the spell requires from it's target means that if someone is targeted two nights in a row they will die. Your years of experience have also revealed to you the fact that your spell reacts negatively with the one used by a Binder. If someone is targeted by both you and a Binder then neither spell has an effect. Once a night you may choose a target to heal.

Apprentice Soother

You are part of the Monastery's medical team. You may cast a spell that heals any trauma to your target. The energy that the spell requires from it's target means that if someone is targeted two nights in a row they will die. Once a night you may choose a target to heal.

Mod's notes - The two healers are not aware that there is another healer. The A. Healer does not know that his ability will interfere with the guard's.

Master Binder

You are a Binder. You are a Monk of the Path (Town)

You are part of the Monastery's militia. You may cast a spell that prevents someone from performing an action. The energy that the spell requires means that if someone is targeted two nights in a row they will die. Your years of experience have also revealed to you the fact that your spell reacts negatively with the one used by a Healer. If someone is targeted by both you and a Soother then neither spell has an effect. Once a night you may choose a target to Bind.

Apprentice Binder

You are part of the Monastery's militia. You may cast a spell that prevents someone from performing an action. The energy that the spell requires means that if someone is targeted two nights in a row they will die. Once a night you may choose a target to Bind.

Mod's notes - The two guards are not aware that there is another guard. The A. Binder does not know that his ability will interfere with the healer's.

Arcanist

You are an Arcanist. You are a Monk of the Path (Town)

You possess an amulet than protects you from the negative effects of any harmful Path magic. The amulets are delicate constructs and can only protect you from magic once.

Mod's notes - The arcanists BP applies ONLY to friendly fire. The arcanists will be informed that their BP has been used up with the following PM:

You awake to find that your amulet has shattered during the night. You are no longer protected.

Master Arcanist

You have spent years perfecting an amulet that pretects your from the harmful effects of any magic. Although untested, you believe it should be able to protect you at least once.

Mod's notes - The master arcanist's BP protects from friend and foe, but when it has been used he will become a symp. He is NOT informed of this before the time. If the M arcanist's BP is used, inform him with the following PM:

You awake in the middle of the night screaming. Your amulet lies shattered on your chest and out of control magic spins wildly around you. Trying to escape the pain, you run out into the night. You dont know how long you run for, but eventually you collapse in the farthest corner of the Monastery's gardens. You hear voices talking, plans of revolution and control. Dragging yourself forward you see ______ _________ and _______ conversing. Your most fervent wish is to join them, but you know if you approach them now it will only result in your death. You retreat back to your room, a plan forming. You will help them in whatever way you can, when they are victorious you will ask them to teach you their ways. You are now a symp. You win when the Shapers win.

RI

You are a Roleless Innocent. You are a Monk of the Path (Town)

Assassin

You are the Assassin. You are part of the Order of the Shaper (Scum)
Your partners are _____ and ______. You may communicate with them off thread at all times.

Once a night you may attempt to kill someone through sheer destructive will. This ability is yours and yours alone, if you are guarded it will not go through. If you die, one of your partners must choose to give up their own ability and take your place.

Voider

You are the Voider. You are part of the Order of the Shaper (Scum)
Your partners are _____ and ______. You may communicate with them off thread at all times.

Once every second night you may create a magic dampening field around the target of your choice. They will not be affected by any magic other than that of your partner the assassin. This ability is yours and yours alone, if you are guarded it will not go through.

If the assassin dies either you or your other partner must give up your ability and take his place.

Inverter

You are the Inverter. You are part of the Order of the Shaper (Scum)

Once a night you may create a field of reactive magic around the target of your choice. If they are the target of any spells, it will create feedback, resulting in the target's death. This ability is yours and yours alone, if you are guarded it will not go through.

If the assassin dies either you or your other partner must give up your ability and take his place.

Mod's note - Neither the reception of a note from the librarian, the possession of a BP nor being the target of the summoning spell will trigger this ability. It will only come into play if they are healed, guarded or have a find performed on them.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

Right, I've drawn the roles and assigned them to alts, still waiting for enough players to assign the alts to the players. Everything is in the manager here.

Rashan and Omtose are reserve alts in case we get players 19 and 20 after I do the draw. They will both be RI, but I havent sent role PMs to either account yet.

I was hoping to do all the admin tonight, so that I could just start the game tomorrow morning at work and post votecounts every hour or so. If there arent enough players by the time I go to bed tonight would one of you guys (most likely DiBs) mind doing a draw and sending the passwords? If it's after 6 AM GMT feel free to start the game too.

Alt

#4 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:52 AM

alt can you post a link to the manager, need to check if i have access from work

scratch that, link is right there.

This post has been edited by drinksinbars: 26 May 2009 - 08:52 AM

#5 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

Draw done - Sending the alt PMS now. Check the manager screen for who is who, dont have time to try format a nice looking one here.

Right here's a screencap of everything at game start:

Attached File  players.jpg (156.58K)
Number of downloads: 15

I like how the draw turned out. DK as symp should be fun and the killer team looks good. Khell as librarian will be interesting

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 26 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

#6 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

:rant:

#7 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

From DKT, before I'd even finished the role PMS (impressive since he was way down on the list)

Ruse said:

You have spent years perfecting an amulet that pretects your from the harmful effects of any magic. Although untested, you believe it should be able to protect you at least once.

looks like a BP?....

That it is. Monks dont have bullets though, so it's more of an MP.

#8 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

DiBs, I'm heading to work in about 3 hours, need go out for some errands before that. So I'm gonna be out of here in about 40 minutes, can you cover the thread from then till venge gets on?

#9 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:23 AM

Silencer loves his role and immediately sees the potential :rant:

Fener said:

Sweet role! Thanks PS. ^^

Even if you did give me a crappy alt...

Anyway, to my partners in scumminess - we all good with revealing real user names? Doesn't matter, but it's easier if we all know who we're dealing with.

Not sure if we can sent each other our role PM's, but I'm the Inverter - I target a person, and any night actions on them make them die due to magical feedback. Pretty sweet, no? This way we can muck with their minds!!!!!!

Ahem. Anyway, I'll only really be playing tomorrow, off to bed now. Hope you guys are equally happy with your roles - any ideas as to strategy?

#10 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:30 AM

DKT being funny

Ruse said:

looks like a BP?....

That it is. Monks dont have bullets though, so it's more of an MP.

You never seen bulletproof monk???

Lol, touche.

#11 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

I'm off. The forum is pretty dead anyway. It should heat up when the GMT people get back from work. Dunno what time I'll be back, latest will be about 10/11 GMT.

Let the killers know they can send each other their role PMs. Silencer has already mentioned his role name - just remind them that doing so in thread will get them modkilled. Not that the killers would, but I will remind everyone a couple of times during the first day or two that role names and PM wordings are big no-nos.

Alt

#12 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

meanas

Your partners are Kessobahn and Fener. You may communicate with them off thread at all times.

Once every second night you may create a magic dampening field around the target of your choice. They will not be affected by any magic other than that of your partner the assassin. This ability is yours and yours alone, if you are guarded it will not go through.

Sweet, I love being scum. So, Im the evil gaurd huh? I'll probably code that (gard) into my post somewhere. We'll see. Interested to see who I am paired with, got a pm from Fener saying he was off to bed, but no name...Kinda a noob move that, or someone who's never been partnered. Anyway, off to the game, thanks for the role!

Provisional on Ruse (he was the last person to post in thread, so I know he's playing, lol.

#13 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:55 AM

korlat

You are part of the Monastery's medical team. You may cast a spell that heals any trauma to your target. The energy that the spell requires from it's target means that if someone is targeted two nights in a row they will die. Once a night you may choose a target to heal.

Interesting. First healer role for me. Question - can I cast the heal spell on myself?

And what the hell is this skin that the Korlat profile has? There's a ghost appearing in my private messages.

Am I allowed to modify the settings in the alt? That' stupid ghost is going to drive me nuts.

of course :rant:

#14 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:15 PM

Just checking in before work. Meanas isnt a guard as such. The person they target can still act. They block INCOMING magic, so they're kinda like a healer that can also stop finds and guards.

Healers are welcome to heal themselves, just warn them that if they heal themselves twice they will die.

#15 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

From Gem

Ampelas said:

You are part of the Monastery's militia. You may cast a spell that prevents someone from performing an action. The energy that the spell requires means that if someone is targeted two nights in a row they will die. Your years of experience have also revealed to you the fact that your spell reacts negatively with the one used by a Soother. If someone is targeted by both you and a Soother then neither spell has an effect. Once a night you may choose a target to Bind.

So are you saying that block and heal negates each other?

Your spell and that of the Soother negate each other - yes.

And our new player Breadmaster

Hood's Path said:

You possess an amulet than protects you from the negative effects of any harmful Path magic. The amulets are delicate constructs and can only protect you from magic once.

Rock on. I'm glad I didn't get something too complicated for my first game. I assume this amulet is kind of like a BP? Though there is probably other harmful magic aside from death.

Anyway, time to play a nice, clean game and try to draw a NK, I suppose.

Glad you like it. Enjoy your first game here. Just remember this is a highish TMDI (complication level) game, so there is likely to be lots of confusion.

From Sixty, who is going to be VERY confused when his target is silent tomorrow. Awesome, the confusion begins.

Silanah said:

You are a Summoner. You are a Monk of the Path (Town)

You entered the monastery many, many years ago. You have spent those years cloistered away, pursuing the magical arts. Your studies have enabled you to discover a new spell. Every night you may summon a magic dampening field around the target of your choice. Any magic directed into the field will have no effect, although the target may still perform any actions of their own. You may target yourself. You may not target the same person two nights in a row.

So am I pretty much a healer? Nice--never played a healer before. So I probably want to stay out of the way and avoid drawing suspicion, then protect people who I think might be in danger. Although from the past couple games, killers have been offing people who are quiet to avoid really giving hints. =/

Not too sure how I want to play this.

Just remember you block ALL incoming magic, not just vigs and NKs

Okay, so that also prevents finds, guards, and silences. Hmmm.

#16 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

I dont think Bent completely understands his role, hopefully one of the others will put him straight since it's main use would be to protect the scum from finds, with the posible use of ensuring a kill.

Meanas said:

Your partners are Kessobahn and Fener. You may communicate with them off thread at all times.

Sweet, I love being scum. So, Im the evil gaurd huh? I'll probably code that (gard) into my post somewhere. We'll see. Interested to see who I am paired with, got a pm from Fener saying he was off to bed, but no name...Kinda a noob move that, or someone who's never been partnered. Anyway, off to the game, thanks for the role!

Provisional on Ruse (he was the last person to post in thread, so I know he's playing, lol.

Just to clarify, you're more of an evil healer that can also block guards, finds and other healers than an evil guard. Your target can still perform their own action, but is unaffected by anything other than your friend the assassin's spell.

Well, I already put gaurd in my posts, so whatever. Sucks that the targets action still works. But is good to know, thanks for the clarification.

Dont forget you can only use your action every other night. You want to keep your provisional on Ruse?

For now, I need to hear from my pals, Fener and Kess. But yeah, leave it there for now.

#17 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

Hopefully Silencer will clue him in on its use to guarantee kills....

-Vengeance

#18 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:57 PM

Need to go to a meeting and will probably head into the plant after that so I wont be around. Manager is accurate up to post 44.

#19 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on May 26 2009, 01:51 PM, said:

Hopefully Silencer will clue him in on its use to guarantee kills....

-Vengeance

Or its use to protect the scum from finds. See you guys later

Alt

#20 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

From HP

Rock on. I'm glad I didn't get something too complicated for my first game. I assume this amulet is kind of like a BP? Though there is probably other harmful magic aside from death.

Anyway, time to play a nice, clean game and try to draw a NK, I suppose.

Glad you like it. Enjoy your first game here. Just remember this is a highish TMDI (complication level) game, so there is likely to be lots of confusion.

Hahaha, oh, man. I love how I said I would try and play a clean game and my first post get's me a vote. I realized that while I was writing it that it could be interpreted the way Korlat interpreted it, but then I was like, "No one could be that stupid."

Apparently I was wrong!

It's a good thing Disney defuses all situations.

Very true....

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users